main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit GENERAL QUESTION THREAD (What to read? Where to start? What's canon? What's not? Duros, etc.)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jun 4, 2008.

1. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Here is the "Ranks the novels of the new canon" thread.
    https://boards.theforce.net/threads/rank-the-novels-of-the-new-canon.50037411/
    Hope it helps

2. JFettG

JFettG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    This is great.

Thanks!

3. Nom von Anor

Nom von Anor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2012
    Did we ever find out more about the Republic superweapon test mentioned in the MedStar books, which destroyed Klo Merit's planet?

DarthJaceus likes this.
  4. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I imagine it was some test/prototype for the Death Star and/or some other future superweapon we know about.

DarthJaceus and Nom von Anor like this.
  5. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    Has anyone ever crocheted or knitted anywhere? Have they (or any other crafts such as sewing, embroidering, and weaving) ever been discussed or given their own name in the GFFA?

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    In the Force Collector book,if I recall correctly, the main character is supposed to become a tailor. Can't find the book at the moment though. The Wook mentions that and also tailor droids.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
    DarthJaceus and BookExogorth like this.
  7. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Vi Moradi in Phasma/Galaxy's Edge is a knitter.

8. JediBatman

JediBatman Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2015
    I recently finished the Tarkin audiobook. I think I heard a while back that Armand Isard (aka the father of Ysanne Isard from the Xwing books) was in this story. Yet the closest I heard was the name “Isen”. Did I just mishear it? Or is this some change between the print and audio versions?

9. Daneira

Jun 30, 2016
    There's a guy named Ison, too. "Just now the Joint Chiefs of the Empire's military were gathered--Admiral Antonio Motti, General Cassio Tagge, Rear Admirals Ozzel, Jerjerrod, and others--along with several top officers from COMPNOR, including Director Armand Isard, ISB deputy director Harus Ison, and Colonel Wullf Yularen."

Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
    DarthJaceus, Iron_lord and JediBatman like this.
  10. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Somebody who's got a better memory than me will find it, but I distinctly remember a book claiming Boba Fett could sew. I want to say it was a sourcebook, but I could be wrong. It was used in a description of his skills, something like "Boba Fett taught himself basic medical treatment and also how to sew, skills every bounty hunter living on their own should know." I feel like I read this a million years ago, so it was definitely something in the old EU. I only remember it because I had this funny mental image of Boba spending lonely Baby Yoda-less hours on the Slave 1, sewing blaster holes in his pants.

Laj and Daneira's examples are probably more what you're looking for in terms of "creative" knitting/sewing activities.

11. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Might have been the young Boba Fett book series that came out after AOTC. If not there then I don't recall it in the adult novels/stories featuring him. It sounds like something he'd do after Jango's death.

DarthJaceus and Iron_lord like this.
  12. Daneira

Jun 30, 2016
    I have the first four young Boba books on Kindle and searched for “sew” and nothing came up (except two instances of “elsewhere”).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
  13. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    That's the only thing I could think of. There were six books in total.

Edit - I know the first book made mention that he used the library on Kamino for learning since he didn't attend school.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
    Iron_lord likes this.
  14. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    It was definitely adult Fett, which is why I could remember thinking of the idea (um, minus Baby Yoda of course). I was thinking about it yesterday and I think it wasn't part of a story, but a sourcebook or RPG (or even a game manual or an Insider article, which had me looking through the Galaxies guide yesterday because it was the only game I could think of that would use sewing as an example). I looked through the Guide to Warfare because I have that one on me, but didn't see it. I'm positive it wasn't the Bounty Hunter Code book because I didn't read that one and feel really bad about it...

I'll keep a lookout for it, because I don't remember it coming from a completely obscure source.

Daneira and BookExogorth like this.
  15. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I have read the Bounty Hunter Code book and I'm pretty sure it wasn't in there. Do you have an idea of how old the information is? I know the old Star Wars Gamer magazine had some Fett articles/stories. (Unfortunately I only have one or two issues - not a full collection).

BookExogorth likes this.
  16. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Has there ever been any stories where Stormtroopers defected/left the Empire in either continuity?

Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
  17. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    The novel Alliegance comes to mind.

Iron_lord likes this.
  18. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    With the follow-up Choices of One.

Iron_lord and BookExogorth like this.
  19. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    I recall that they still served Mara and Thrawn, after their ISB situation in those books though, so I'm not sure it really counts as leaving the Empire as such.

BookExogorth likes this.
  20. DarthJaceus

DarthJaceus Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 6, 2016
    I'm sure I've heard the pronunciation somewhere but I can't recall, so I'd figure I'd ask here. How do you pronounce Borleias? I imagine it as "bor-lay-as" but I'm not sure.

21. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Spoilers for those who haven't read them:

In Allegiance, they accidentally came under her service towards the end, and she let them go, using a "get out of jail free card" she promised to someone else. In Choices of One, she brought them back to help her with her assignment (although neither Vader or the Emperor knew about them). Thrawn may have "coerced" them to serve him in the end, but he gave them a position in the upcoming Empire of the Hand, which he promised wouldn't be the brutal regime that Palpatine's Empire was.

Iron_lord likes this.
  22. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Assuming he didn’t have an apprentice that he didn’t mention, is it safe to assume that Lord Momin was pre-Bane? He says he didn’t have an apprentice, yet the Sith exist in the “present”.

23. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Is "praxeum" a word that was made up for the (old) EU? I just tried googling it, and there doesn't seem to be any other context for it other than Star Wars.

24. Xammer

Xammer Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2009
    Also curious, as I also pronounce it like that. And about Bilbringi, which I pronounce "bill-breen-gee".

DarthJaceus likes this.
  25. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Yeah, I go "bor-lay-as" and "bill-brin-gee".

Anybody been watching EckhartsLadder's videos? Now his pronunciations are weird. "E-sanny Isard" in particular comes to mind.

Daneira likes this.