main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit GENERAL QUESTION THREAD (What to read? Where to start? What's canon? What's not? Duros, etc.)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jun 4, 2008.

1. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Haven't read it but I've heard good things about Lost Stars? (Is that the one where an imp and rebel fall in love?)

If you like Ventress as a Character I highly recommend Dooku: Jedi Lost which I have read, and she plays a major role in it.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2023
  2. JediRae25

JediRae25 Jedi Youngling

Jan 4, 2023
    Hi there, I'm interested in starting the High Republic books but I'm a bit confused as to where to start/the order to read. I tried googling it but got confused. Can anyone help me?

3. Endol

Endol Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2014
    Start with Light of the Jedi by Charles Soule. This is the start of Phase 1. Then The Rising Storm by Cavan Scott. If by that point you are becoming more and more invested then consider branching out into the YA novels or the marvel comics. Before ending with The Fallen Star by Claudia Gray.

Phase 2 takes place 150 years or so before Phase 1 so you can decide if you want to take that leap too

4. JABoomer

JABoomer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2009
    Lost Stars is one if I recall correctly.

Are the Ryder Windham OT novels out of print now? Both the original version and the Canon version?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2023
  5. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    What’s with the starwars.com databank saying that “Palpatine”’s height is 1.73 Meters while “Darth Sidious”’s height is 1.78 Meters and their now-combined databank entry including both heights?

Alpha-Red and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  6. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Maybe Darth Sidious wears platform boots?

7. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Every time a discrepancy with a character's height comes up, I want to link to that HNN article where "Quest For Quasar" fans are pitching a fit over the fact that the actor playing the main villain is too tall (or short? I forget).

Darth_Duck and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  8. XandertheWise

XandertheWise Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 7, 2022
    currently reading Star Wars New Hope From a Certain Point of View. I hope that whenever the Return of the Jedi from a Certain Point of View gets made that itll probably have some weird Ewoks stories and a story involving the Rancor and its rancor owners along with some stories involving the Emperor's dignataries etc

I still like the old Tales from Jabba's Palace book anyway

9. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Are the events of KOTOR II the “Sith Civil War”, the “Dark Wars”, or both?

10. Riv_Shiel

Riv_Shiel Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2014
    I think KOTOR II takes place after those events, but I could be mistaken. I believe the "Sith Civil War" is when Nihilus and Sion give Traya the boot, and the "Dark Wars" is the assassinations of the Jedi (I guess you could argue the tail end is still going on during the game).

darklordoftech likes this.
  11. RogueWhistler

RogueWhistler Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 9, 2021
    The KOTOR Campaign Guide makes it sound to me like the Dark Wars encompass the Sith civil war, Jedi purge, and the events of KOTOR II.

Riv_Shiel and darklordoftech like this.
  12. GrandMoffTrachta

GrandMoffTrachta Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 11, 2022
    “So it began without me” —Just how much did Darth Maul know about the Clone Wars and the Grand Plan?

This line always stood out to me in TCW. Now, the galaxy wasn’t a stranger to wars during Maul’s life. Heck, he was alive during the Stark Hyperspace War (and I headcanon he had a role in it)

So when Savage says the ‘Clone Wars’ are raging, it seems that Maul recognizes the name (or at least the Clone aspect of it)

This really spits in the face of Maul’s backstory in Legends, where he was just a tool and Palpatine really did have much long term use for him.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2023
  13. RogueWhistler

Aug 9, 2021
    I wonder if his clone-knowledge could be tied into his implied history with Zeta Magnus? I know that it doesn't entirely fit with the explanation for Maul's survival that we got, but it'd be nice to work it back in somehow.

GrandMoffTrachta likes this.
  14. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Interesting, because his Season 7 appearances strongly suggest he doesn't know all the plan, and in particular doesn't seem to know about order 66, which makes me wonder what he thought the clones were for.

He does seem to know the basics and used a similar plan to take over Mandalore, plus enough details to guess at most of Palpatine's plan, but yet was not informed of some important parts.

15. GrandMoffTrachta

Nov 11, 2022
    He has ties to Zeta Magnus? Geez. I know they wrote Magnus to have a hand in virtually every Prequel thing, but I didn’t know that.

16. RogueWhistler

Aug 9, 2021
    It's veiled in loquaciousness, but it's there in Skyewalkers:

17. GrandMoffTrachta

Nov 11, 2022
    All these years I’ve been pulling my hair out wondering who or what that half not may be. This makes sense now despite it being objectively noncanon. When was SkyeWalkers written anyhow?

RogueWhistler likes this.
  18. RogueWhistler

Aug 9, 2021
    The copyright says 2011, but Abel G. Peña mentions starting it before the TCW movie was released in that thread.

19. GrandMoffTrachta

Nov 11, 2022
    Is the Isard white streak in the hair a genetic thing or cosmetic? Ysanne doesn’t seem like the kind of gal to dye her hair.

20. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    It could be an injury thing - hit in the head, left a big scar, hair grows back white along the scar.

21. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
  22. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Fair enough. I think it was portrayed as a Fel thing as well as an Isard thing.

23. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Hrm...I was about to post something about how I didn't think it was possible for there to be a genetic trait where one patch of skin sprouts out hair of a different color. But then it occurred to me that this happens with cats and other animals. So...maybe theoretically it could happen in humans?

24. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    There's a syndrome which is associated with White Patch In The Hair, and odd eyes:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waardenburg_syndrome

and yes, it occurs in animals and humans

GrandMoffTrachta and Alpha-Red like this.
  25. GrandMoffTrachta

Nov 11, 2022
    Did Armand have the blue/red eyes too? I forget.