main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Unclassifiable OPEN Genesis Gate

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Darth_Elu, May 27, 2020.

1. Master Vo

Master Vo Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2017
    Goro Oni
    Tommee's Smoke Shop

“You best be careful though, newcomer. Around here, there be a lot of people who can throw down!”

Goro smirked, and turned his head slightly.

"That's a good thing, buddy. Means I won't get bored."

He then continued his walk into Tommee's Smoke Shop, and looked around. His eyes widened, and his jaw dropped. They had everything in this place. Even stuff he'd never seen before! Packs upon packs of tobacco products lined the walls, and there was an abundance of something called marijoony or whatever it was that Goro had never seen before, but it stunk.

He narrowed his eyes, and he noticed the large alien that glanced at him as he entered.

“Welcome to Tommee’s. I’m Tommee. You smoke, I sell. Whatchoo wunt?” Tommee asked in a deep guttural voice, his unique accent dominating his speech.

Goro paused, his eyes narrowing. He looked to the wall, and saw a poster of a cowboy smoking, with the word Marl-boro next to it. Heck, it looked cool, so it couldn't be bad, could it?

He pointed to the poster, looking at Tommee.

"Those ones, do you have them?" He asked.

@Darth_Elu

2. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    IC: Aryan Graul
    Dining Room, Elite Dreamers Estate

The server, despite her nervous disposition, was quite prompt and punctual. She moved to pour his coffee straight away, and only a short time later, she reappeared from the kitchen to deliver the contents of his breakfast. Upon first inspection, Aryan approved of the visual presentation, though that didn’t give her an instant pass. The true test would come when he actually went to eat it. Expediency would mean nothing if it wasn’t correct—or if it tasted terrible.

For now, Aryan simply afforded her a short nod to acknowledge her efforts before returning his attention to the brunette across from him.

A corner of his mouth pulled up into a wry smirk at the woman’s initial response. While there was likely a modicum of truth behind her words, he decided that she was also trying to appeal to his sensibilities. He could appreciate that; it would certainly make this encounter all the more interesting.

"How about you?" the woman continued as she sipped her tea. "What were you in your world?"

Aryan scoffed lightly and brought the coffee mug to his lips, almost as if he intended to emulate her gesture. "I held a lot of different positions over the years," he emphasized with a slight flourish of his hand. "I began on the ground conducting intelligence operations, but then someone convinced me that it would be a good idea to sell my soul to politics. Can you believe that? I walked into it willingly."

He shook his head, clearly amused at that notion. "But it transformed me and allowed me to pursue a myriad of different opportunities, including to become ‘the most powerful man in the world’...quite literally."

Setting down his mug, he cleared his throat and extended his hand in greeting. "President Aryan Graul." Again, that impish grin spread over his features. "And you are…?"

TAG: @TheAdmiral; @Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu, greyjedi125 and spacelady like this.
  3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Wapoe
    Omniversal Library, thinking, and then, musing, and then, dear lord how can I lie, he LOVES this place

Wapoe found himself becoming more cagey as Moriarty replied.

“And now I know that,” Moriarty replied smoothly before taking a sip of his own drink. Wapoe didn't believe for one second that Moriarty didn't know the backstory of the Black-Coat.

“It would feel delightful to know that you were handpicked, I assume. In a way, you were. As with the others. But not in the way you imagine. You come from the Plane of Dreams, Wapoe.”

Oh brother.

Please tell me this isn't about to go spiritual?

Wapoe was grateful for his cowl; he would have been unable to keep his disdain off his face.

Of course, Moriarty casually - always casually, with utter control - set his glass down on a tray off to the other side of him before looking over.

“The Plane of Dreams is a tumultuous place. Ever shifting and weaving, changing in a myriad complex labyrinth of space, for lack of a better term, all its own. The individual in charge of locating and picking out talented savants for our elites, and normal soldiers and agents at other times…is known as the Dream Overseer. I can arrange a meeting some time, if you wish. Should prove enlightening in your position, I would imagine. Your…how to say? Energy signal? No, perhaps soul? Maybe will? Whatever poetic way you wish to use, was what was detected. This is how he singled you out.”

Wapoe actually inclined his head in thought - openly.

Well that was intriguing.

A Dream Overseer.

All Wapoe heard was Overseer, because often titles hidden in doctrine had an unnecessary attachment and the ridiculousness of a Dream attendant, really. Wapoe tried to ignore Moriarty's eyes, and react as naturally as he could. Or, one would say, as casually as he could.

“We only started learning about you after you arrived. As well as where your strengths lay, hence the evaluations. You may take away quite a bit from that statement. As soon as it was determined manipulator and you yourself decided this course of action, I wished for you to come to me to make sure you are one of the best agents to be used in our war, yes. But your estimation of there being much more to this is flawless.”

He hesitated; there was some kind of truth here, in the manipulation. Of course, the best puppeteers lied with the truth.

Ah - a pause. Pregnant with possibility.

A confession? Or dramatic?

“We need to manipulate because sometimes that is how you keep order. We need to persuade behind the scenes because sometimes we need to break realities, to use your vernacular. And, Wapoe, I have need of one who can carry my will to perfection. I heavily suspect that you and I will discover each other to be very like minded, moving forward. And you heard right, I said my will. Not Genesis Gate’s. I’ll be blunt about that.”

At that he actually gaped, arms slack, leaning forward.

They needed me to break realities?

"Okay, maybe I'm not in a twisted version of Hell... maybe this is Heaven," he said, incredulous.

Someone who agreed with me?

Moriarty actually turned to the flames and Wapoe nearly missed his soft sigh. “Surely you did not think everyone within Genesis Gate is of exactly the same mind? The Game is played by all, whether you realize or not, at all times. There are no rests, no breaks, only transitions. Scene changes, new players upon the stage. And you are very welcome to try disrupting this reality, for being the Omniverse…it shows no sign of breaking.

“For all things that begin to all things that end, all realms trace back to here. It is not this place that needs breaking, Wapoe. It is all the others beyond. And that is something I presume you won’t entirely mind doing.”

"Well," Wapoe said, sincerely gobsmacked, and, dare he say it, excited.

"I am utterly on board with cosmic and omniversal rearrangement. Sign me right up. I have a list of things that the Creator, God, or whatever, needs to put right." He placed a hand on his face, leaned back. "Here I was thinking I was being used against my will! I'm being given a playground."

He whistled.

"Oh boy. This is like Christmas, Life Day and Hanukah all came at once for me."

He nearly squeed.

"Tell me more," he gripped the arms of his chair, leaning forward.

TAG: @Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu and Jerjerrod-Lennox like this.
  4. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    OOC: Will be attempting to speed up training combos so I can progress the morning to the afternoon and get things rolling again. Just hang in there a bit longer!

Jardok IC:

~Jardok’s Livery, Central District~

‘Pretty elf girl,’ as the one behind the counter called her mentally, seemed surprised at first, but it didn’t last long. Jardok was happy to see the the smile on her face as she approached. Some were scared of him at first, but she was able to dispel any such notion quickly.

That made him happy, causing a beaming smile to appear on his face. It would…well, appear more like a horrifying grimace to Charjra, but hey…points for trying, right?

Listening to her words, he nodded his head emphatically. Almost in exaggerated fashion.

“YES! I HAZ FRIENDS LIKE DAT!”

Reaching below the counter he pulled out a large binder that still seemed comically small in his hands and set it on the counter, opening it up and flipping through it with a careful finger. After coming to a page, with the curious ‘catbird’ strolling up to the side to peer down at it as well (a languid stretch along the way over, naturally), he slowly spun the binder around for Charjra to look at.

“SEE? FRIENDS ON NEXT PAGE TOO! DEY ALL LIKE BEING IN!”

Evidently it was a catalog of sorts. There were a number of options that seemed to initially jump out at the elite.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Choices, choices.

Tag: Charjra @Ktala

Captain Jack Sparrow IC:
    ~Cuisine Pirates of the Caribbean, Common Quarter~

Captain Jack nodded enthusiastically at Ayira’s words. Good, while she was still suspicious (and why wouldn’t she be? He was a pirate.), he had a hook. Quid pro quo was a powerful thing.

It could make enemies into allies, even momentarily.

“Tell me what you know within two minutes. Go on, I’m being rather generous with my time.”

He pointed at her as if to agree and go ‘You sure are!’

“Of course, luv. Now, listen,” he dropped his voice to a whisper, “You give me two minutes, so I’ll give it to ya simple. I brought a shipment recently,” he glanced at her as an aside and mumbled, “Purely legal, of course. Purely legal…”

His voice returned to a stronger whisper again, “And I see that shady little rat skulking by the docks. No reason for ‘im to be there and he’s actually peering into the high grade supplies coming in and whisperin’ all dark like into some kind of talky…device, thingy. Not sure how it works, anyway. Been watching him here while pretending to be a drunk, rowdy customer….”

He stared off for a moment, “Okay, pretending to be rowdy anyway, but never mind that,” he talked over any complaints from Ayira, “Trying to watch him for more evidence, you see. He keeps going into the backroom at odd times, catching eyes of certain people who come here. I know when secret stuff is going on, you learn these things in my trade, but problem is…”

The pirate captain sighed dramatically. “It seems I’ve done too good a job of making myself a drunk, no longer cons…conspic…conspicu…eh, can’t help but get his attention when I get any closer. If you could follow him when he does his little walk to the back so I can also keep a better eye on the other lil’ mice hiding in here, you’d be helping both of us out. And…uh…ya know, the Gate. Too.”

Putting his hands together as if begging, his eyes looked pleadingly into the young woman’s own. It was up to her whether she was fully willing to go through with this plan of his, though despite his…well, him-ness, his words sounded surprisingly genuine at the least.

[​IMG]

Something to consider.

Tag: Ayira @spacelady

Ronald the Brown & Servants IC:
    ~Improvised Cleaning Station, Genesis District~

Ronald the Brown nodded satisfactorily at the magical cleaning job he had done on Sir Quakles III, Nomuk, and Mir.

“You are quite welcome,” he stated simply with a smile.

The other servants had finished their chuckling about the eclectic wizard and had resumed cleaning the others who had needed it, most especially Atticus with the way he had spoken and held himself.

It would take a little bit, but not too long before they were finished and bowing before them at a job well done.

In the meantime however, it remained a waiting game for those at the medic station to finish up. Though it shouldn’t be much longer.

Tag: Nomuk, Hugo, Sir Quakles III, Atticus, Mir, Tiberius, & Cauliflour (Nudge to: Atmora, Mr. Ke, & Morimoto) @Ktala @Jerjerrod-Lennox @spacelady @Shadowsun @Mitth_Fisto @Narancia @The Jedi in the Pumas

Tommee IC:
    ~Tommee’s Smoke Shop, Central District~

As Goro took an amazed look around, the alien behind the counter and owner of the shop waited for the man to notice him. He had a swagger to him all right. Looked like he was talking tough to some people outside too.

He wasn’t talking to Django was he? Nah, he wouldn’t be that foolish. But damn if he didn’t have balls if he had been.

Tommee decided he liked him, not that the eyepatched one would ever likely tell.

“Those ones, do you have them?”

Following his finger, Tommee saw the poster he was looking at. He sniffed, almost offended that he even asked. A newcomer then, all right, he got off just this once. His eyes turned back to look at him.

“Haa. Marlboro? Yuh, I got ‘em. They seem to be rising in popularity lately. Good taste. Come here, I’ll show you where they at.”

Moving from around the corner, he motioned for Goro to follow him down one of the aisles where he would pluck a pack off the shelf. Nothing there to stop anyone from grabbing them surprisingly. Not held behind the counter, for this shop was all about the smokes and such things were just ‘normal’ to be had on the shelf like anything else.

He flipped it on over to him. “How many you wunt?”

With a nod at whatever number he gave him, he’d grab and toss them over to him before having him follow back up to the front and ringing him up. Goro would have enough, so he was set on smokes for awhile. A big win in his case.

“So. You new, here,” he stated more than asked (his accent making the r in ‘here’ almost silent), “Need any help. Or you all set?”

Tag: Goro @Master Vo'Un'Var

Training Combos To Continue: @Shadowsun @Mitth_Fisto @Sinrebirth @The Jedi in the Pumas

5. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    IC: Amaya Trakand

Amaya did not entirely understand, but got a decent idea of what Aryan was talking about. She tried not to grimace at the mention of politics. The politicians were the plague of the Empire, everyone pulling resources their way while the archenemy was making headway.

President? She had not heard the term before “President...” she started “Is that like an Elector Count?” Amaya raised an eyebrow “I am Amaya Trakand, Witch Hunter.” she shook his hand.

A politician had his uses though. Maybe if she could sway him, he could sweet-talk their way into the libraries. Though on the other hand he would be prone to betrayal. Either way she would have to be careful.

TAG: @Darth_Elu @HanSolo29

6. Narancia

Narancia Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2020
    IC: Morimoto and Lady Atmora

"Joke's on you then. Nobody has liked me in a long time, and I kind of prefer it that way. Thanks for the concern. Also, the cane's to help with an injury, but then I'm the doctor in the room. I forgot for a moment."

Lady Atmora shook her head and chuckled; the Doctor's retort was completely lacking in any punch or spice; it would seem that the retort hit home, but the doctor was attempting to hide behind a false sense of confidence of some sort. Doctor House might've fooled everyone into believing he was some sort of wise older man that didn't care what anyone thought of him, but she had him pegged, Atmora could see through his veil.

"Full of personality as always, and I see you're making friends already, Lady Atmora. Please do not rush ahead next time. This could have been avoided. I hope you're not too badly hurt?"

Lady Atmora turned her head and saw the Baron stride and briefly responded to his inquiry.

"I'm fine."

Atmora turned her head away from the Baron as she secretly blamed him for this entire thing, but at the same time, Atmora realized that she did try to attack a machine made out of pure metal, so this wasn't one of her finest moments.

"Alorea, I won't be able to do much about broken wrists. Not for what they need right now, so that one is all yours. Maybe leave just a little hairline creak in the ulnocarpal?"

"Hit a nerve, did I?"

"I'll take over then, Doctor. Let me see your wrists, Lady Atmora. I'm sorry to see this happened to you."

Lady Atmora's heart quickened a bit as Alorea stepped forward; her face was angelic, innocent, and pure. Atmora had no idea why she felt this way, but she knew that she had to protect smiles like that.

Atmora stared at Alorea, and she didn't know what to say,

"T-thank you." Atmora sputtered, "I'm fine, really just a quick healing. I'll be good to go."

A pause; Atmora wasn't sure how to continue; she was trying to look strong for Alorea.

"You're different than everyone else here; where are you from?"

"This is hilarious!!!"

Oh god.

[​IMG]

Morimoto apparently was right behind the Baron, and he heard EVERYTHING and was bellowing in laughter.

"You really attacked a machine?! I knew you were stupid, but not THAT stupid. I hope this wannabe Amazon didn't give you guys too much trouble."

Morimoto helped himself to a seat, "Hey Doc, fix my arm; this mongrel over here had a fit and damaged it. And if she's done with this nurse."

Morimoto winked.

"Then I would like an apology."

Lady Atmora remained silent and turned her head; it would seem that there was a rock paper scissors match in terms of barbs, now Morimoto had Atmora pegged.

@Darth_Elu

Last edited: Jul 11, 2021
  7. spacelady

spacelady Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    IC as Ayira

“Of course, luv. Now, listen,” And there it was again. She felt flustered at the term he continued referring to her. “You give me two minutes, so I’ll give it to ya simple. I brought a shipment recently, purely legal, of course. Purely legal…” Her confused expression faded as she gave him a long, hard look, feeling like he was messing with her again. She remained quiet though as she listened to him use the generous two minutes she allowed.

“It seems I’ve done too good a job of making myself a drunk, no longer cons…conspic…conspicu…eh, can’t help but get his attention when I get any closer. If you could follow him when he does his little walk to the back so I can also keep a better eye on the other lil’ mice hiding in here, you’d be helping both of us out. And…uh…ya know, the Gate. Too.”

Ayira kept her arms folded across her chest as she eyed him carefully. Despite the way he was, he did seem honest about what he was saying, and if he was right, that did sound suspicious and perhaps something to check into. Unfortunately. She thought on the morning she was supposed to be having and sighed as the day was derailing fast. She stepped up closer to him, getting her face as close as she felt comfortable. "If you try stabbing me in the back, it will not end well for you." She said in a low, near growl and moved away from him. "And stop calling me 'luv'! I am not your lover!"

She strode, confidently, and irritatedly, over to the bar, leaning on her elbow on the counter and shifting most of her weight onto one leg, absentmindedly showcasing the curve of her hip. "I'm having a very annoying day, sir. I need something to take the edge off."

Tag: @Darth_Elu

IC as Atticus Langdon

Atticus watched the servants finish up their, unfortunate, task of cleaning him off and looked himself over, carefully inspecting their work with a close eye. It would suffice and the only acknowledgement they received was a simple nod from him, nothing more. He smoothed out his suit jacket and with a steady precision, slipped it back on, making sure not to create any wrinkles in the motion. It was a practiced move and as he stood tall, adjusting his tie a bit, he was the image of perfection, between his tidy suit, his posture, and neutral expression, and he would have it no other way.

He watched the others with a quiet observation, hoping those returning from the medical station wouldn't be overly long, there was business to attend to and he was only patient for so long, especially when with present company. He eyed the various creatures and races surrounding him, and the wizard. He was sure it would be a very long day.

Tag: @Darth_Elu, @Shadowsun, @Mitth_Fisto, @Narancia, @Ktala, @The Jedi in the Pumas, and @Jerjerrod-Lennox

8. Shadowsun

Shadowsun Force Ghost star 4

Jun 26, 2017
    IC: Sir Quackles the III, Son of Sir Quackles the II, Son of Sir Quackles the I, Defender of Truth and Justice, and Master of Eggscalibur
    Genesis District

The now clean Sir Quackles looked to Nomuk who had acknowledged their pact to tell each other of their pasts when the time came. He could imagine it now a feast of truly epic proportions filled with long flowing poetic tales of chivalry, lost love, and legendary battles. But sadly that would have to wait.

The Warrior of short stature but seemingly no end of confidence waddled over to the man named Atticus, the duck giving the man a strange look, inspecting his clothing with great interest.

"I say Good Sir are you some kind of Lord? Your clothing...it is the most beautiful set of clothing I have set my eyes on. Forgive my ignorance but I did not catch your name?"

The all too serious duck looked Atticus in the eye, one might even call it an unnerving look. One of sheer concentration and will. It was fortunate that he was so focused on Atticus that he did not notice Lady Atmora or Morimoto return or else things may have gotten out of hand once again.

TAG: @spacelady @Darth_Elu @Ktala @Narancia

IC: Tiberius Trajan
    Fire and Brimstone

With Tiberius now clean and holding his firey companion in his hand, he could not help but stare into the thing. Not only was the fire in and of itself dazzling but the magic inherent in the creature, Tiberius could feel it. It felt familiar and yet different. A connection to a loose memory of their suppressed pasts. Times of a child staring for hours into a fire, watching the way it danced and consumed. Living, breathing, consuming, dying.

After a moment the daemon gave a chuckle looking down at his firey companion.

"Forgive me for staring. A being of magic such as yourself, do you have any recollection of how magic worked in your time? The energies that dwell within you seem...familiar."

TAG: @Mitth_Fisto @Darth_Elu

IC: Mir Dragonson
    Watching from the sidelines

Once cleaned Mir would wander off quickly to one of the sides of the wall, patiently waiting to be taken elsewhere. Away from the group, away from the madness of patched face men, talking ducks and lions, fire that was alive, and all the other nonsense that was commencing.

Numerous questions were placing themselves in his mind. Pushed to the back of that was of the nature of his own origin. He quickly fell upon the idea that at this point it simply did not matter. He was who he was, and it seemed that 'memories missing' was misleading rather memories suppressed would be more accurate. So he pushed past that the questions became more centered on the nature of where they were and of this so-called 'Omniverse'. He needed to ascertain what the true nature of what it was. It seemed infinite realms, infinite possibilities existed.

Perhaps Mir would be able to quietly slip away at some point, find whatever technology was used to travel between these 'planes' as Quinn had called it and find a universe for himself to rule or to find himself. Anywhere but here.

TAG: @Darth_Elu @all

Last edited: Jul 16, 2021
  9. AgentViper007

AgentViper007 Force Ghost star 7

Mar 9, 2005
    IC: Hugo Klaasen

Atticus spoke with a posh accent. To the manor born with a silver spoon this one.

And he basically brushed Hugo off. He frowned and thought fine you posh git. I think I know where you stand, looking down your nose at the little people.

And Hugo had the feeling he knew what that felt like or maybe was he like Atticus, just without the posh accent.

The others were only just now getting finished off being cleaned so Hugo moved back to his original position to wait for Quinn to return. He hoped it was not too long.

Atticus was now looking at himself, trying to no doubt show the image of perfection. A perfectionist? Possibly, but Hugo was not going to approach him again. He did'nt fancy being brushed off by some posh bloke who thought he was so high and mighty.

Speaking of high and mighty, Sir Quackles was now approaching Atticus. Hugo inwardly snorted. He did'nt think the duck was going to get a brush off. In fact with the way he spoke he would be right up Atticus's alley.

Tiberius was talking to the fireball still and Mir was now on his own. Mir may have complained a lot about everything but Hugo considered him to be a possible competitor. Maybe a dark horse even.

One to watch that one. Or he could do a Morimoto and go off the rails.

Nomuk was now free. Maybe he could have a quick word. Guage the canine looking bloke. He looked some some kind of warrior.

Hugo moved over to him "Nomuk? I'm Hugo. So, i'd like to know what you think about all this fun and games. Maybe you have a better idea of what's going on here. Because frankly all i'm getting is we are to fight someone else's war".

TAG: @Darth_Elu , @Ktala , @spacelady , @Shadowsun , @Mitth_Fisto , @The Jedi in the Pumas , @Narancia

10. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Charjra Myt'tar

IT took all Charjra willpower to not take a step back and the man uncurled from the corner of the room and headed for her. And then he gave her a look. Was that a smile? Charjra certainly hoped it was a smile. Yes, it had to be a smile, his head was too busy nodding about.

“YES! I HAZ FRIENDS LIKE DAT!”

Reaching below the counter he pulled out a large binder that still seemed comically small in his hands and set it on the counter, opening it up and flipping through it with a careful finger. After coming to a page, with the curious ‘catbird’ strolling up to the side to peer down at it as well (a languid stretch along the way over, naturally), he slowly spun the binder around for Charjra to look at.

“SEE? FRIENDS ON NEXT PAGE TOO! DEY ALL LIKE BEING IN!”

Evidently it was a catalog of sorts. There were a number of options that seemed to initially jump out at the elite.Reaching below the counter he pulled out a large binder that still seemed comically small in his hands and set it on the counter, opening it up and flipping through it with a careful finger. After coming to a page, with the curious ‘catbird’ strolling up to the side to peer down at it as well (a languid stretch along the way over, naturally), he slowly spun the binder around for Charjra to look at.

Chajra watched the catbird walk over to take a look. She then looked at the pages. Each picture seemed to jump out at her. Each picture seemed to jump out at her. Each animal looks soooooo.... sooooo..

Charjara looked away from the book for a moment, as she watched the catbird. She gave a slight smile at the creature.

"Wow." she murmered softly. "So many beautiful friends." she stated She then looked down into her bags she was carrying. The potion! What to do? She looked over at the catbird with a grin. "So, do you have any suggestions?" she asked with a grin. If she was going to use her potion, maybe she should do that first? She weighed her decision, as she looked at the pictures, each one more fantastic than the rest. The blue and purple creature looked interesting, but so did the wolf-looking creatures.

Charjra carefully sneaked out her potion and took a small sniff. Would this work?
    If it smelled ok, she would take a tiny drop, and tapped her wrist. She then put the bottle back up. She could rub it off if it smelled bad. She hoped what she had, would bring her close to what she was wanted. The green fox called to her forest side... but the dark fox seemed to call to her, as it nearly matched her.

Time to find out.

She looked over at Jardok.

"Is it expensive?" she asked.

TAG: Darth_Elu

11. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Nomuk Lhur
    Shadow’s Reach~

After a promise to speak again later, Nomuk watched as Sir Quackles, waddled over to the man named Atticus, the duck giving the man a strange look, inspecting his clothing with great interest. Nomuk chuckled deeply. An interesting being to be sure. But Nomuk was sure that Sir Quackles was not the strangest thing he had seen. Even if he could not recall from where. Even the man who had magically cleaned them, his way seemed a bit familiar to him, even if he could not remember why at the moment.

Nomuk stroked his chin as he stepped back, pondering the unusualness of the entire escapade. Finding himself in a room full of strangers, with no memories of his prior life, could make any being a bit unsettled. But being told that this was the first time for existance, being nothing but a dream before? And then being told about a war he knew nothing about. He signed. Even in fantasy, it seemed there was always a war someplace. But such was the way of the universe. Or what had they called this place. An Omniverse?

Movement in his direction caused Nomuk to look up as another one of the beings came over to him.

"Nomuk? I'm Hugo. So, i'd like to know what you think about all this fun and games. Maybe you have a better idea of what's going on here. Because frankly all i'm getting is we are to fight someone else's war".

Nomuk turned, giving him his full attentions. "Indeed. That does seem to be the case." He stated, giving it thought. "I find it interesting that they would spend time, and effort to reach out and yank us out of whatever existance we were in, and simply hope that we will fight for them in whatever type of battle this is. Unless they truly belive that we would help them, once our memories return." Nomuk looked around. "If there is war here, then it must be far from this place." Nomuk's ears twitched in thought. "But, I do feel that there is more at stake here, than just a simple war. Why go thru such extremes to simply recruit beings from all over?" Normuk nodded his head slowly. "I believe that we have not been told the entire truth of things. But perhaps that will change, once our memories are returned to us. But it does leaves us at a disadvantage for the moment." Nomuk twitched his ears. "But, if they go thru so much of an effort to bring us here, there must be something in their words."

Nomuk stroked his chin once more, as he considered the possibilities.

TAG: @Darth_Elu , @spacelady , @Shadowsun , @Mitth_Fisto , @The Jedi in the Pumas , @Narancia , Jerjerrod-Lennox

12. Master Vo

Mar 19, 2017
    Goro Oni
    Tommee's Smokeshop

“Haa. Marlboro? Yuh, I got ‘em. They seem to be rising in popularity lately. Good taste. Come here, I’ll show you where they at.”

Moving from around the corner, he motioned for Goro to follow him down one of the aisles where he would pluck a pack off the shelf. Nothing there to stop anyone from grabbing them surprisingly. Not held behind the counter, for this shop was all about the smokes and such things were just ‘normal’ to be had on the shelf like anything else.

He flipped it on over to him. “How many you wunt?”

"Just one." Goro replied, as Tommee nodded and grabbed a singular pack from the shelf.

“So. You new, here,” he stated more than asked, “Need any help. Or you all set?”

Goro paused for a second, before answering the second question.

"What's there to do round here to kill time?" he asked, looking towards Tommee.

"I'm hopin' that here you all aren't the pacifist types." He finished with a grin.

@Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu, TheAdmiral and Ktala like this.
  13. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Califlour
    Genesis Gate Vestibule

The big brother said he would make a note of what Califlour was spouting out of thin air, honestly he was just saying words at this point that felt right. He didn't actually have a memory or head for such things - head, now there was something to ponder.

Tiberius then drifted to where he could clean himself, using his free hand to do so. There was not too much blood on the shirtless man, only taking a few minutes. Califlour meanwhile used the jacket as a makeshift wall to hold up and protect himself from any accidental splashes. Big brother did put him to one side as he did his hair and stuff so he could clean it properly before drying himself off and picking up his Daemon friend again. This was a perfect example of someone having a little bit of foresight in what they were doing. I mean who summons a fire and doesn't bring a wheelbarrow or portable furnace to keep it going? The nerve of some people, really.

"I suppose you do not remember your past, my little friend, a shame I would quite like to hear it"

"Sheesh, you and me both brother!" Califlour replied with an exaggerated wavering of his head, "The tales a living flame could tell. Unfortunately we can only imagine. Just like I can only imagine why someone would make a walking toe buffet like you. Or Sir Quacker's over there." Here he looked over at a couple of the more odd members here of their group, "Honestly, someone from the Realm of Dreams needs a therapist stat, I think we can all agree on that." Califlour finished with a wave of his hand, very secure in his returned perch.

TAG: @Shadowsun , @The Jedi in the Pumas @Darth_Elu @Narancia @spacelady @Ktala

14. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    OOC: Am going to move us on to the afternoon at long last with the next update. *looks at dates* Has it really been nearly a month since my last update? Yeesh! Sorry everyone!

Baron Quinn, Dr. House, & Alorea IC:
    ~Improvised Medical Station, Genesis District~

House merely rolled his eyes at Atmora’s quip and allowed the magic healer to take over, motioning Morimoto over to himself.

“You re-set this yourself?” he asked dryly when the man came up to him, looking over his arm.

As the two of them conversed and he began to work his own type of magic, Alorea addressed Atmora’s question from a moment earlier.

“You’re different than everyone else here; where are you from?”

The woman smiled, from one ‘Lady’ to another, “This will not take long, I promise. Remain still.”

There was a soft glow and soon enough a small not unpleasant flash and it was over, just like that. Every ache and pain was gone, her wrist being set in a way as if nothing had ever happened to it.

“There you go,” the healer stated, “And to answer your question, I come from a land known as Hydaelyn.”

It wouldn’t be much longer before Morimoto was helped, as was Mr. Ke with his mysterious needs by the male nurse.

When they were done, Quinn waved them all to join him.

“Thank you, Doctor. Miss Alorea. And with that, we must head back to the others who are likely wondering how much longer we’ll be,” his eyes fell on Atmora, “Then we’ll head for the Evaluation Chamber immediately. So it won’t be long.”

He did just that.

They entered just as Califlour was talking about therapists.

“I’m sure I could recommend a few here in the city,” the Baron replied, playing along with the joke, “But for the time being it looks like you’re all clean and ready. Excellent!”

His eyes swept over everyone.

“Is there anything else before we get moving?”

Tag: Atmora, Morimoto, Mr. Ke, Nomuk, Hugo, Sir Quakles III, Atticus, Mir, Tiberius, & Cauliflour

@The Jedi in the Pumas @Narancia @Ktala @Shadowsun @spacelady @Mitth_Fisto

Bartender IC:

At Ayira’s approach and subsequent ordering at the bar, the man tending the bar just seemed to pause and look her over neutrally. As if weighing some things. She was pretty in his mind, but also young from what he could judge.

Her being here smelled like trouble. Granted, age restrictions on alcohol were not the same everywhere, but he had a feeling she was under the limit in this place. Some places might not particularly care, but he did.

At her mention of an ‘very annoying day’ and his eyes straying over to where Captain Jack Sparrow seemed to just whistle innocently and skulk off to some corner or another, he just gave a silent nod. That made sense. The man seemed to be born to annoy others. Couldn’t blame her. He might not have alcohol for her, to be safe, but there might be something he could whip up to help her.

“Right. Be right back. I’ll need to head for the back to get something to help you out. Give me a second.”

Setting down a glass for preparation, he then began to move around the bar and head for the back storage room as claimed. Now was a perfect time to tail him as requested, if she could do it without raising suspicion.

Tag: Ayira @spacelady

Jardok IC:

Charjra dabbed on the lovely scent she purchased earlier while commenting on the friends within the shop, causing the burly giant that was Jardok to nod in enthusiastic agreement.

“So, do you have any suggestions?” she had asked.

“Hmm…” the giant considered slowly while feeling out his intuition, which in his mind was very good when it came to this!

“WUN O DEES,” he stated while pointing out a few, thereby knocking the choices down to half.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Meanwhile Charjra would recall that she had no potion at all to help and the scent was just that! She had actually decided against the potion that Margaret had offered to help her find her pet equivalent of a soul mate earlier! Oops!

Still, between her intuition and Jardok’s narrowing down, perhaps she would find her new friend soon!

“DA FOXES BE GOOD IN CASE DANGER IS THING! OTHRR TWO CAN BE…” he paused as he sought the word he wanted, “…CLEVAR IF NEEDED!”

He smiled at his words, assuming they were helpful.

Tommee IC:
    ~Tommee’s Smoke Shop, Central District~

Giving the listed price, which was decent from what Goro could gather, Tommee rang him up and then eyed him a moment given his question.

“Yuh. You look like a rumbler, all right,” he grunted with a slight grin before turning to watch what he was doing again. He kept talking as he worked.

“In that case, you wunt to head for either the Barracks of the Storm or Battle Craze Dojo. The Barracks is usually less exciting, but not always. Better for ranged types. You wunt melee or just plain beat people up head for the Dojo. Sometimes there are boxing matches too in the city.”

He finished what the transaction with the elite and leaned his folded arms on the counter, observing the eyepatched man.

“You wunt the Barracks*, just head out and turn left. Follow the road all the way down. It’s at the end. You wunt the Dojo**, follow the road ahead. It’ll be to the left of the supply companee,” a snort of amusement came from the alien, “Actually, it’ll be obvious when you get close enuff.”

*Building 32 on the Central District/Great Hall Map
    **Building 38 on the Central District/Great Hall Map
    Tommee’s Smoke Shop is Building 20 in the lower right corner of the Central District/Great Hall Map (there are multiple 20’s, hence the extra description)

15. AgentViper007

AgentViper007 Force Ghost star 7

Mar 9, 2005
    IC: Hugo Klaasen

Thankfully he had hit a winner with Nomuk.

And it seemed he and Hugo were on the same page about this whole situation.

"Well you've hit the nail on the head there mate" the South African responded "I find the whole situation dodgy if you ask me".

"The trouble is, do we even know if we are ever going to be told the truth. I have a feeling maybe not, but if they do it will be difficult to sort the truth from the lies. Humans are very good at that, lying".

Hugo had a feeling he had been lied to, how and when was another question.

"As for fighting a war? Well if there is one thing that is certain is that war always profits. How it profits this Quinn...well I have no clue. Does he earn money from it, gain pleasure from killing people, does it make him feel powerful, eliminating the competition and such" Hugo shrugged "just speculating here".

"But in war everyone who fights is expendable. Quinn probably doesn't care if we live or die, we just simply do his bidding. And if we die? He'll just pluck another load of weird creatures out of the void. I've never seen anything so strange in all my life".

"I would like to know who I am so I can figure out my place in all this. I'm sure you do too".

Quinn had returned meanwhile and asked if there was anything else.

Hugo shook his head no. But no doubt the others might.

He was just itching to move on and take these tests.

TAG: @Darth_Elu , @Ktala , @spacelady , @Shadowsun , @Mitth_Fisto , @Narancia , @The Jedi in the Pumas

Last edited: Aug 3, 2021
    Narancia, Darth_Elu and TheAdmiral like this.
  16. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    IC: Tiberius Trajan
    Waiting, waiting, waiting...

"The tales a living flame could tell. Unfortunately, we can only imagine. Just like I can only imagine why someone would make a walking toe buffet like you. Or Sir Quacker's over there."

Tiberius gave a little chuckle at his daemon friend's response, he enjoyed the slight eccentric nature of the living fire, after all its very nature was eccentric. He cast a glance to the so-called 'Sir Quackers' as Califlour called him, he was still staring upward to the man named Atticus his twin duck eyes focused with such purpose, an odd one for sure.

"Honestly, someone from the Realm of Dreams needs a therapist stat, I think we can all agree on that."

"Well said, my little friend. I suppose if what Quinn says is true then with this infinite 'dream space' I suppose one would expect some rather bizarre things to emerge, my dreams at least never make any real sense." he wondered aloud thinking about the nature of where they were. He was still unsure what he wanted at this moment, just for his memories to return he supposed and to get to know his firey little friend better which required the whole memory aspect. So he stood and waited patiently looking to Quinn. He did cast a glance over to the man named 'Mir' who seemed just as impatient as before, leaning against the wall alone, arms crossed as he tapped his finger incessantly with annoyance. It seemed he could not wait to be rid of them all and be elsewhere.

TAG: @Mitth_Fisto @Darth_Elu @spacelady (mentioned)

17. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    OOC: Double post permission granted by @Darth_Elu. World inspiration from that of Calm Before the Storm by @TheAdmiral. And Cameo granted by @greyjedi125. This is another flashback of the Patriarch's memories.

The Glory of the Patriarch Made Manifest
    The Patriarch continued to float above the ruined city, his eyes glinting with calm malice. The charred corpse of his wife floated behind him, disfigured beyond recognition. Glass from the buildings swirling about him in a dazzling display. Without an external command, the glass began to form around his dead wife, becoming a glass coffin that encased her. He continued to look over the ruined city, the screaming echoes rising from it as the city began to reform. All around for several miles of destruction, it began to rebuild slowly. Beneath him, a dark tower began to unearth and construct itself. Forming ever upwards as it reached toward the sky. Reaching ever close to the god, so it might touch him. But Patriarch simply looked down at his own handiwork and saw it was good.

[​IMG]

With his new fortress constructed he called to his chosen. The Eight Sentinels of the Holy Order. Before him, they arrived. All were clad in green robes, the color of the Holy Order. Each of them came on bended knee, atop the tower of the Patriarch. He studied them carefully his eyes glinting with a calm grace as he inspected his loyal servants. Some he had trained since their births, others he had created, and others still he had found in the twilight years of the Basileum Empire. An Aeldari, a half-elf, a human, a lizardman, an orc, a machina, a full blooded elf, and a fairy. They would serve as Patriarch's ruling council as he perfected this world.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    They would behold his splendor as he stood before them, a dark light emerging from him as he opened his mouth, eight serpents emerging from it as they coiled around his neck each of them twisting in a mess as they arched higher above his being. The glass coffin of his wife continued to float behind him as he spoke.

"The time when we hide in the shadows, plotting and scheming away has come to an end. Now is the Era of the Patriarch. An era of prosperity and purpose for all beings. And for your loyalty, you shall all be rewarded."

Each snake then coiled and leapt to each of the Sentinels, their mouths opened willingly as each had the snake slither inside them. There being becoming fused with that of the Snake. They would feel it, perfection, the carefully constructed creature of the Patriarch's will. It was a being of power, dark but immense power. And as each of them accepted the Snake so would they too accept the power entailed within. A small fragment of the new heights the Patriarch had achieved.

Then he turned his view toward the city below. It had been rebuilt as he willed it. Reconstructed in his image as a crowd gathered at the base of his tower. He floated down gazing down at the mortals as he spoke to them all.

"There was a time where you knew as the Patriarch. I brought in the castaways of society into my order. The broken, the battered, the trash that the Empire had no use for. Oh, how you have fought with your petty ideologies for some scrap of salvation, clawing away at each other as you slaughter each other for naught, an unending cycle of death, misery, and prejudice.

But hear my words oh young mortals for with one word I can make the heavens rumble..."

The sky above the city then crackled with a booming sensation as he said this.

"With a whisper, I can make the earth crack..."

The city began to shake, the people stumbling as he continued and it came to still.

"With a thought, I can raze this city to the ground and then rebuild it from the ashes. But there is no reason to fear me, mortals, for under my rule you shall be given the opportunity to become the best you can be,to become the apex of your very being"

"The Empire promised you this but failed for they were mortal men attempting to play god. They promised they would free you from your own vices, struggles, and worries, but they fed you lies, tales of deceit, and vanity as they enriched themselves.

So too did the Dragons once rule over you, bending your pitiful souls to their will in an unending cycle of slavery, destined to be confined to nothing but worthless saps.

But this will not be so under my rule. For I have slain the Emperor that cared only for himself, I have extinguished the Dragons that plotted their return. You shall all have food to fill your bellies as it pours from the heavens, magic restored throughout this plane, and purpose beyond your current understanding."

Food did indeed begin to rain down from the sky as he said the last part but only for a moment or two his eyes closed with a calm grace as he looked before them.

"I shall grant you these gifts and other wonders beyond your mortal comprehension and all I ask in return is that you obey for I am your god and to not is to commit heresy"​

Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
  18. spacelady

spacelady Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    IC as Atticus Langdon

As Atticus stood, tall and proud, and perfect, another of this strange group approached him... more like waddled over. He felt a spike of irritation, one he kept well under control, but he did have to admit, the longer this went on, the less control he had over his frustration. And that was dangerous territory. Only fools believed they could handle outside forces without truly knowing their inside forces as well. He needed to be collected and in complete control before he could even remotely handle anything else, or anyone else. His entire life and memories along with it missing was a big piece of the puzzle gone. Nonetheless, he refused to allow missing memories deter from his current perspective. In his mind, there was nothing that could be done in the present. There was no use fighting it or being upset. They would return, or they wouldn't. It mattered not. He stroked his chin thoughtfully.

It was only a matter of time before he had control. Of not just himself, but of everyone else there.

And with that deliberate thought, Atticus turned and took full note of the one approaching. He had expected someone to be of a similar height, but found his gray eyes dropping lower to the ground to find... a duck. In freshly polished armor, surely from the help of the servants or the wizard after what the entire group had just witnessed.

Despite the concept, and plan, of controlling himself and his reactions, it was clear to him he would seeing things not deemed 'normal' anymore. He found himself gaping at the talking duck, unsure of how to truly respond to such an animal? But animals couldn't talk. No, that was impossible. Granted, things 'impossible' simply seemed possible in this strange new world.

"I say Good Sir are you some kind of Lord? Your clothing...it is the most beautiful set of clothing I have set my eyes on. Forgive my ignorance but I did not catch your name?"

The armored duck looked over his suit with curiosity and then looked up into his eyes, a cool determination and contemplation clear in the duck's gaze (Although Atticus wasn't sure how he could even tell. As far as he was aware, he hadn't experienced a duck up close like this...)

There was a moment of silence as Atticus stared right back at the talking duck, feeling a multitude of emotions and calculating responses within his mind. He felt well knowledgeable and experienced to handle difficult situations, but this... This wasn't in his deck of know-how's. After a pause, he cleared his throat and casually adjusted his glasses to sit slightly higher on the bridge of his nose. "Atticus Langdon. You'd do well to remember it."

Atticus briefly looked about him. "Surely, there's some princess you should be saving?" He asked, ironically and defiantly, wishing for no more interaction from the "little people", literally and figuratively. He glanced down at him with an annoyed expression.

Tag: @Shadowsun

IC as Ayira

The bartender looked her over as she leaned against the counter, seemingly considering her intentions. She was of drinking age back in her world, not that she did. Ayira preferred a clear head and remembered a few instances Ariya got into some minor trouble along her journey, not wanting to share in the fool's mistakes. She watched his gaze flicker over to where Jack Sparrow was, before accepting her story of an annoying day. It was entirely true, so no lie to try and cover up there.

“Right. Be right back. I’ll need to head for the back to get something to help you out. Give me a second.”

The blonde watched him move off to fulfill her request as he went into the back, exactly where Jack Sparrow had mentioned. She hadn't expected him to go back there so quickly. She met the pirate's eye and her face turned cold, the look in her green eyes speaking volumes of her distaste of the man. If this somehow turned against her, he would die. Slow and painfully by her hand, sword or not. Magic or not.

With an annoyed sigh, Ayira pushed away from the counter and strode after the bartender, very much looking like the part of a highly annoyed patron, with the expression on her face that spoke to the other customers in the bar, 'How dare he leave me without a drink?!'. Should she be caught by someone, she fully intended to play into that role. As soon as she stepped into the area behind the bar, she softened her footsteps considerably, trying to mask her presence of even being back there where she was clearly not supposed to be.

19. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    IC: Sir Quackles the III, Son of Sir Quackles the II, Son of Sir Quackles the I, Defender of Truth and Justice, and Master of Eggscalibur

Sir Quackles blinked for a brief moment. His head shaking for a moment as he looked to the man.

"Surely, there's some princess you should be saving?"

"Not that I am aware good Sir, why do you ask, do you know of a fair maiden in the needs of rescue?" He looked to the man with a look of true concern. After a moment he would then finally catch on to the cold tone and look of Atticus, his singular duck brow furrowing in offense.

"I dare say, is everyone here so rude? I compliment you on your exquisite garments and you sneer at me as if I am so lowly worm. Well, Sir Longjohn I am saddened for this could have been one of the most beautiful friendships ever to exist... but alas, woe is me, cursed to be forever scorned for my fair yellow feathers."

The prideful Atticus would probably catch that Sir Quackles had messed up his last name. Not deliberately, well at least it would appear that way, the duck did not seem to be the most intelligent creature to have lived. Perhaps he had simply misheard, or did that even matter to Atticus?

TAG: @spacelady @Darth_Elu

20. Master Vo

Mar 19, 2017
    Goro Oni
    Tommee’s Smoke Shop, Central District

Goro let out a wide grin, flashing all of his teeth. He glanced towards the door, visualizing the directions Tommee gave him.

"Dojo, huh?" Goro murmured, his smile still strong across his face as he took the pack of smokes from the counter, opening them and taking one before pocketing the rest.

He looked back at Tommee, lighting the cigarette and taking a great draw, exhaling the smoke through his nostrils, strengthening the appearance of the Patriarch of the Oni Family.

"Thanks, pal. I'll be back here for more." He said, before giving Tommee a small wave and exiting the shop.

He followed the road ahead, as instructed by Tommee, and headed for the Battle Craze Dojo.

Hopefully it lived up to Goro's expectations.

@Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu and spacelady like this.
  21. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    IC: Valynor & Twilight
    The Exchange

The two had been conversing at length for some time, much like two reunited friends would after being separated for an extended period of time. To the casual observer, Valynor and Twilight would appear as long time friends, and not recently made acquaintances, which was exactly what they were. Their interaction would vary from silent contemplation inspired by ‘theory’’ to spirited and impassioned dissertations as presented by the red haired elf, who seemed to derive validation from all which was spoken.

As it was, the two began to move on as they walked without hurry, that is, after deciding to take their often lively exchange to the Omniversal Library.

“So, in essence, we are both waiting for our full powers to return, despite arriving on Shadow’s Reach through different means.”
    Valynor intoned as they walked, his expression earnest as one who wished to solve a great puzzle.

“Well, yes. One could say that.” Twilight responded amicably, partially agreeing, but opting not to venture into the details of his arrival just yet.

“Well, if that so…” Valynor continued with his train of thought. “Are you also planning on becoming powerful enough to take a seat on the Ruling Council?”

“Hmm.” The white haired man appeared thoughtful for a brief moment. “ I’m not entirely sure what you mean. Become powerful enough to be ‘considered’ for a seat? Certainly. But actually take one? That depends.”

“Depends?” Valynor exclaimed, a bit surprised by the answer. “On what exactly?” he quizzed, but went on a bit further.

“Clearly, if one is powerful enough to be on the Ruling Council, then it stands to reason that one could make any changes one wished, therefore retroactively negating any objectionable factors, removing that ‘depends’ by dint of strength, no?”

“That’s a curious way of seeing it, but I don’t think that’s how it works. The reason there’s more than one seat on the Ruling Council is to prevent exactly that, or so I presume. What you’re describing is not that.”

“How so?”

“One thing is being a member of a Ruling Council of many, as opposed to being a Ruling Council of one.”

“Numerically speaking, yes.”

Twilight raised an eyebrow. The elf was smiling, which meant he was probably in a good mood. Who was to say what mischief the sylvan born had in mind. Still, there was a bit he felt he needed to add.

“Power in-and-of-itself is a neutral force. It can be used for good or ill, depending chiefly on the intent of the user. However, in my observations, most beings are incapable of rightly utilizing power, because power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.”

Looking at the elf’s expression, Twilight could tell the would-be-wizard was critically listening, weighing his every word.

“Here is what I call the Plight of Power: Power without compassion is tyranny and tyranny’s end begins at the moment of inception; for it bring only oppression, dissension, pain and rebellion. No good thing can come from it, therefore, it is unsustainable.”

The new look on the elf’s face was mildly satisfying. The lack of a witty retort even more so.

“Do keep that in mind when you get that seat on the Ruling Council.” Twilight added, an amused smirk now gracing his countenance.

“Now you got me thinking again….” Valynor admitted, as he regarded the white haired man. What an intriguing being, certainly he was part-elf in some way or another.

Just at that moment, the pair reached the steps of their destination, The Omniversal Library.

Valynor came to a stop and regarded the magnificent structure, his eyes growing wide in wonder. Twilight chuckled to himself at the sight. It was not everyday that one saw an elf caught up in wonder.

“If you’d like, I could give you a tour, seeing how this is your first visit.” Twilight offered, his tone genial.

“I would be honored.” Valynor answered immediately, accepting the offer with a small bow.

“Then please, follow me.”

No more words were needed at this juncture, as the two adventurers proceeded into what was likely, the greatest place of learning either had ever encountered, whether in their dreams or any universe.

22. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Charjra Myt'tar

As Charjra dabbed the scent on her wrist, she looked at the book as Jardok thumbed through the pages.

WUN O DEES,” he stated while pointing out a few, thereby knocking the choices down to half.

Charjra smiled as she scanned the pictures. she hoped her new pet would enjoy the scent as well.

“DA FOXES BE GOOD IN CASE DANGER IS THING! OTHRR TWO CAN BE…” he paused as he sought the word he wanted, “…CLEVAR IF NEEDED!”

He smiled at his words, assuming they were helpful.

While Charjra found Jardok's smile NOT as comforting, she was rather enjoying his company. So she smiles back, as she looked at the photos. The black cat was nice... but the black fox was tempting. The smaller green and wood-colored one also caught her eyes.

Charjra pointed to both of the foxes. (The black and the green ones) "Is there anything special about these? What do I need to feed them?" Charjra sighed softly. "They are all so beautiful! I think it will be one of these two... but I need to see how they are."

She looked back up at Jardok for his reaction.

TAG: Darth_Elu

----------------------

Nomuk Lhur
    Shadow’s Reach~Genesis Gate

Nomuk looked to the man who was speaking to him. He had an interesting accent.

"Well you've hit the nail on the head there mate" the man responded, "I find the whole situation dodgy if you ask me". He paused for a moment and then continued.

The man-made some interesting points. But this seemed like a very expensive way to bring about an army. If they were just to be troops, why go thru all of this effort. No, Nomuk believed that there was something else to this. But he did have some issues with whom and what they choose.

Quinn had returned meanwhile and asked if there was anything else.

Hugo shook his head no.

Nomuk looked over towards this Baron Quinn.

"If we mmmust play this gammme, then let us get on with it."

TAG: @Darth_Elu , @spacelady , @Shadowsun , @Mitth_Fisto , @The Jedi in the Pumas , @Narancia , @Jerjerrod-Lennox,

23. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    OOC: At long last……The Afternoon Has Begun! :D

I shall be splitting this up into six parts over subsequent days. For everyone still wandering about the city or just now about to, this one’s for you. For those of you just coming out of Morning Training, since the combos aren’t up yet, just go vague on the contents until they are officially posted.

The next update (hopefully tomorrow night!) will be of the newest recruits continuing on to the Evaluation Chamber. Those about to undergo Afternoon Training? Stay tuned! Thank you and let us return to the story. :)

First Training’s End
    ~Shadow’s Reach~

From the Theater of the Gate, The Jam finally emerged from his physical and grueling training under Lord Sauron. While tired, already he could feel the beginnings of new power dwelling within him. This training thing might be annoying, but perhaps it may yet be worth it.

From the Cyber-Matrix Suite, Jupiter or Samuel if you wished, also emerged from his training with Agent Smith. Armed and with new purpose, there was already much and more for the cyborg to contemplate while assessing its next moves within the city.

From the Omniversal Library, Wapoe came out of the Private Study on the top floor of the building. There was much for him to read through and consider. And a little bit extra to wait to finish being searched for on his behalf as well. As James Moriarty had said, ‘The Game’ never ends, it only transitions to the next scene. Now that he found himself at his next, more open, scene…what would he do?

And from the Farm Fields, Jo’Sua also returned to the city proper after his own training under Sniper Wolf. An intriguing mix of demonstration, target practice, and conversation. There would be a number of things to take away from it. But as he did so, the wraith would also have to deal with the present…and that was now as open to him as the others.

Tag: Jam, Jupiter (Message me before posting), Wapoe, & Jo’Sua [All continue combos while posting here too, they shall go up retroactively at this point]

@The Jedi in the Pumas @Shadowsun @Sinrebirth @Mitth_Fisto

Sneaking About

Most of the customers only paid Ayira the briefest of glances as they focused more on their own business than what she was up to. The other workers there currently being occupied as well. It was a success she could quietly pride herself on that she managed to get into the back room of the bar and restaurant without any issues.

From there, she wisely switched to stealth mode and began watching him as requested. Though…it was strange. Not so much from what the bartender was doing, but rather what he was not.

He was going through a few shelves, looking focused as he picked out a few items here and there. But from what she could tell, what he was grabbing didn’t seem suspicious in the least. Nor was he making any moves to do anything else weird, like he was simply grabbing some drink ingredients for something special that was not readily available at the bar. None of said ingredients raised any alarms.

The bartender turned to head back out but then paused, as if remembering something, and then turned back to go get one last item from further back in the storage room. It was Ayira’s call whether to tail him and see where he really went, if she went on a more individual investigation of the room while ignoring him, or backed out entirely.

Either way, time was likely ticking. She wouldn’t be able to stay there for too long without being caught.

Tag: Ayira (Combo Time!) @spacelady

Battle Craze Dojo
    ~Central District, Shadow’s Reach~

Tommee just nodded as Goro left his shop.

“Thanks, pal. I’ll be back here for more.”

With a sniff of amusement, the alien called out after him: “Yuh. You better, I’ll be waiting with more stock!”

The city of Shadow’s Reach continued to be as busy as ever as the elite strolled through and eventually came to the building that said proudly above its doors:

BATTLE CRAZE DOJO….COME GET YER ARSE KICKED!

Just as Tommee had said. But would it live up to the man’s expectations? That was another matter. But from its first impressions —

The double doors that were the entrance flew open as Goro approached and three men went flying through the air and landed at his feet, hitting the ground hard with the sounds of air leaving their lungs from the impact being painfully audible.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All were panting heavily and grabbing either their arms or sides, looking back toward the doors at the one who had managed to hit all three of them simultaneously through the doors.

[​IMG]

“Come back another time if you want a rematch, boys.

Spinning on her heel, the woman turned and headed back inside. None of them were currently paying any attention to Goro whatsoever.

“Damn it,” muttered the one Goro didn’t know was named Yuri Boyka.

The fellow black-haired asian smacked the ground wordlessly, but the rage in his face said it all. While the one with white hair gingerly got up, holding his side and just ambled off with only a shake of his head.

They had challenged. And they had lost. No sympathies given to losers, so be careful what you take on. Before even entering the Dojo, this was a lesson Goro would have just learned.

Inside more people of varying appearances were battling hand to hand, but the sounds of steel on steel was also heard as some were using swords, axes, and many other melee weapons. Heading within would reveal a very traditional look that he would be familiar with.

[​IMG]
    ((But much larger))

And there would be roughly thirty individuals within, most fighting one on one while spaced out so not to interfere with other duels, but there were a few just chatting amongst themselves as well at the edges of the room.

The moment he entered, he would notice one person almost immediately glowering over in his direction from not far to his right.

[​IMG]

“Smells like fresh meat just walked in the door,” the draconic being announced loudly getting some others’ attentions.

Omniversal Librarian IC:
    ~Omniversal Library, Shadow’s Reach~

Truly there was so much here it was mind-blowing! And for those like the Elven Elite and Arkanian Force-Wielder, they would be pleased to see so many different individuals much like themselves making good use of it!

They would even notice a dragon in one part of the library!

[​IMG]

But while Lord Twilight pleasantly guided Valynor Syndoriel throughout what he currently knew of the Omniversal Library; enjoying intellectual discussion, wondrous sights, and brevity of knowledge abounding…they were soon approached by one of the librarians.

She had a smile on her face and hoped they were not the kind to be turned away by her. Some did not like those who were different after all, though she relaxed when she saw the Arkanian. Twilight had been around for the last few days, already starting to become a regular, and had seen him interact favorably with others from afar so far. She figured the chances of a bad encounter were slim then and had more confidence when she walked up to them, clearing her throat.

[​IMG]

“Excuse me, dear sirs. I am a librarian here and am gifted with the ability to sense the location of what one is searching for by instinct. It would appear you are considering something to check out? Perhaps I can assist?”

She smiled, waiting to see their reply. Little did they know they would be receiving another visitor, one tracking down a certain new elite, in just a few moments…

Tag: Twilight & Valynor @greyjedi125

Jardok IC:

Nodding exuberantly, Jardok liked that Charjra had her interest continuing. Many people came in, only to back out with nothing eventually. That made Jardok rather sad, but so far this elf girl keep asking questions. That was good!

“SPECIAL?” he asked in a “mumble” to himself, thinking.

“YA. BOTH HAV LEETLE BIT O’ MAJIK. GEEN ONE BE MOAR WOODSY! BLACK ONE MOAR…UH…” he tried to find the right word, failed, tried again, failed again, shrugged.

“IT CAN MAKE PEEPEL SEE TINGS DAT NOT THURR,” he finished finally before moving on to food, “DEY EAT WHAT NORMIE FOXES EAT! LEETEL BITS O’ MEAT AND BERRIES AND TINGS LIEK DAT. THO, BLACK ONE LIEK MEAT BIT MOAR AND GEEN ONE ALSO LIEK LEAF STUFF!”

As she stated she needed to see how they are, he nodded enthusiastically again. “I GO GET! I BRING DEM!”

With a grin that may or may not have been unsettling, he squeezed himself in an about face to the wall and…slid it open. So a door that matched the wall, likely an absolute necessity for Jardok within the store portion of the building. The sounds of his feet marching off into the distance was heard, more thuds than steps, and many different types of animal sounds heard calling out for him. His cheery giant voice replying.

“I NOE! I NOE! I FEED SOON! ME SORRY, U WAIT BIT LONGO! THEN WE CAN PLAY AFTR I CLOSE STORR!”

The peacock-cat continued to lounge meanwhile, clearly used to this whole thing, just looking about lazily and otherwise enjoying the general peace. After a little while, Jardok finally would return and with him he brought the two foxes, both on a leash.

“LEESH BE IMPORTUNT AT FIRST, TILL DEY NOE U,” the giant announced matter-of-factly before swinging up a section on the front desk that would allow the foxes through a ways while he still held the leash. He couldn’t fit himself, so remained back while allowing the animals to get as far as they liked within reason.

The green fox eyed Charjra carefully a moment, sniffing from a distance before slowly shuffling toward her, nose going a mile a minute. Its wood-like tail seemed to wag slowly as it got closer, liking her scent.

This one was cautious, but only just as it definitely enjoyed socializing judging by its behavior. It would keep sniff her legs and feet, enjoying any attention she would give it. Intelligence seemed to shine in its eyes.

But if intellect was within that one, the black one seemed to be on another level. It did not readily approach, not yet, but came to a stop and sat down on its haunches where the countertop had been swung up. Its eyes were trained on her, only flicking occasionally to watch the green fox and once at the peacock-cat. Otherwise it just stared at her, as if observing her in return. It gave no aura of timidness nor threatening, just…patient. Curious, but in no rush to charge ahead.

It was up to Charjra how she felt about this or what more she would do or ask to determine ‘the one companion’ at last.

Elite Dreamer’s Estate
    ~Common Quarter, Shadow’s Reach~

As the morning slowly shifted to midday and then to the afternoon, there were others caught up in their own interactions. The passage of time however would likely bring a close to those conversations and enabled them to do whatever else they wished, for some reason that was different among each of them, remaining in the Estate until the afternoon arrived.

Amaya and Aryan had a nice conversation over breakfast and in time, that wrapped up. Whether they remained together or not was known to them. In any event, Amaya would be noting the time as would Aryan, but he would also be receiving a visitor…

Maez and Wuwu on the other hand enjoyed their time in the gym, possibly or possibly not eventually breaking off to do their own things in the estate. In either event, while Wuwu noted the passage of the day herself, another visitor would also be arriving to visit the saiyan warrior…

Likely sleeping in through the morning due to a great hangover from last night’s drinking, Arthur may or may not be waking to find a good half of the day already gone. What he would do when finally returning to the world of the conscious, was anyone’s guess.

Tag: Amaya, Wuwu, & Arthur @TheAdmiral @The Jedi in the Pumas @galactic-vagabond422

(Official tag for the other two coming a little later)

Continue ‘Mystery’ Combos: Patriarch & Irryn @Shadowsun @darthhelinith

24. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    OOC: Second Wave of Recruits! It’s your turn! Onward Ho once more! The next update (hopefully tomorrow) shall be the first of those undergoing Afternoon Training. :)

Baron Quinn IC:
    ~En Route to the Evaluation Chamber~

As the Baron looked around, it appeared no one had anything else wanting. They were all ready to move on, him included. Enough interruptions and distractions, time to get back down to business! With a single nod toward Hugo in acknowledgment of his non-verbal response, his eyes turned toward Tiberius and Cauliflour, speaking to the more humanoid of the two since he had returned right before his comment, thus enabling him to reply.

“Indeed. Though I will allow you to determine the truth of it yourselves after we finish getting you all tested today. Or,” his gaze swept over to the apparently ever-annoyed Mir, “settled in. Whichever path one has chosen.”

Turning back toward the door, he briefly eyed the interaction between Atticus and Sir Quakles III. For the more rigid and less imaginative types, the Omniverse was always a harsh adjustment…and a lot of fun for the others to witness from the outside. Granted, he remembered having his own problems when first arriving in Shadow’s Reach in the past…

But he could reminisce later! They had somewhere to be.

“Come, follow me so we can get all this over with, hm?”

Nomuk seemed to quite agree, calling it all a game. Quinn merely gave him a little smile in reply and then waved them all to follow as he left the doors and had them all return to the hallway beyond the room turned into a temporary cleaning station.

Without any further issues, they were marched down the hallway and toward the door at the end, which slid smoothly open for them as they passed through. And from there, out into the city of Shadow’s Reach for the first time.

It was a lot noisier out here, for one. Then again it was a city and it would show itself well. A number of people were bustling about, each looking so different from one another yet unperturbed by it. A few stopped to look at the new arrivals, as if knowing right away for what they were, before forcing themselves to bustle along again casually. It was best not to dwell and get in the way of the Baron it would seem. Nevertheless, they were on a stone street now. Three more large pillars lay ahead, another street seemed to lead off to their left where even more noise was coming from.

Anyone who had a past used to cities would feel instinctively at home in this setting. Those who didn’t might be a little put off, but potentially curious.

It was early afternoon judging by the sun, nice fair weather showcasing itself. For those who had magical backgrounds (or even things like The Force) in their dream lives, they would instantly recognize the sky as being magical in nature. Was it a magic they knew? Impossible to say, but instinct drove them to make the connection. Otherwise it would seem as real as any other sky.

A seemingly large building, almost like a round temple in architectural style was to their immediate right, they could just barely make out numerous domes up top around the edges of the roof. The evening light glinted beautifully off of them. Its height was impressive at a good six stories.

Baron Quinn paused here for a moment, as always he knew the effect it tended to have on those arriving for the first time. He gave them time to let their surroundings really sink in, but only for a few moments. Then he pressed on and expected them to follow without getting too caught up. He moved ahead going to the right of the pillars, each distanced about twenty to thirty feet from each other. Maneuvering them around the perimeter of the temple structure, he came to the front of it. Six more pillars seemed to be lined about thirty feet from it, thirty feet in between each with the exception of the middle two where it seemed more like sixty feet.

Going between those pillars would lead down another street where other buildings and more people could be spied operating as any normal person would. Already would continue to notice different genders, ages, and constantly more species among them. But for now, they were no the aim of their march. Neither was the street that continued to wrap around the temple. No.

The Baron turned them to face the temple building itself. Its full size was on display. Its mostly rounded shape being six stories high and roughly three hundred and fifty feet in diameter. Also on display was its double door entrance. Both doors of solid gold and thick steel frames, whose shine rivaled each other. Standing before them were two guards.

The appearance of which just might take them aback. Especially for Atmora who already had some…prior experience with one.

[​IMG]

Steel from head to toe, glowing red eyes, and menacing weapons in their hands of some type. That only some of them would recognize. Yet the lethal black rifles glinted just as warningly as their eyes. Their whole visage clearly denoted figures not to be messed with. Again, something that one had learned very recently. Morimoto and Mr. Ke probably would put two and two together given that they overheard what happened back at the Medic Station.

Quinn strolled right up to one, having everyone pause as he did. He turned his head toward a lone member of their large party.

“Mir, come here, please.”

Quinn turned to look at one of these menacing silver guards again once the man came up. “Contact the Dream Overseer and have him send a city liaison. We have one here who has opted for citizenry.”

“Understood,” it replied flatly.

“Do not make Mir wait too long, if you would. He’s been through enough already.”

The robotic being gave the slightest of nods. “It is already done. A liaison should arrive shortly, Baron Quinn. Any further orders?”

Quinn smiled. “Not at this time. As you were.”

“Understood. Will monitor the one known as ‘Mir’ until the liaison arrives.”

“Thank you. I hope you enjoy your time here in Shadow’s Reach, Mr. Dragonson. Perhaps we can speak again after you’ve settled in?” The Baron offered while patting him once on the shoulder.

“Now with that settled…everyone else, let us finally enter our destination.”

Moving ahead, they (minus Mir Dragonson) would watch as the two guards officially moved out of their way in sheer, eerie silence after knocking backwards on the gold doors the moment they began walking again.

The doors parted and Quinn strolled through them and into the magnificently giant chamber within. A long raised dais dominated the center, with a gigantic gold statue of some symbolic king, Warhammer in hand. Four similarly massive columns stood at equal points in the chamber, simulating the corners and keeping the structure secure. Ringed around the edges were smaller dais’ that might have once held statues that were, for one reason or another, removed at an earlier date. The ceiling was one flawless fresco depicting the night sky, subtle depictions of dragons could be seen dotted here and there, and there were two outstretched hands reaching for each other on either end of the exquisite artwork. It must have taken a long time to do, with palpable financial backing mixed with clear appreciation of the fine arts.

Baron Quinn marched up the steps to meet with a few other individuals of seemingly high importance, before turning to signal them all to stop before the steps near the center of the chamber.

“Welcome to the Evaluation Chamber, ladies and gentlemen. Go ahead and relax just a moment longer, while I discuss a few details with my colleagues here before I depart and leave you in their hands.”

His gaze swept over them all carefully.

“In just a moment, they will be splitting you all up into seven teams to take part in the seven tests we will be having you undergo, rotating between them.”

With that he turned to face the seven other people on the dais with him. Aside from Quinn, there were six men and one that looked like a robot or construct of some kind among them; speaking in quieter yet brisk tones. Each was very notable in their own way, possessing an aura all their own, much like the Baron. Three of the men would posses extremely potent auras, far surpassing Quinn for those in tune with such things. But more on them in a bit.

Around them were seven clearly made ‘stations’ for their imminent assessments.

On a small round table not far from one of the giant pillars to their right would be a few odd square objects placed upon it. Electronic tablets for those who would recognize them.

Similarly, by the giant pillar to their left, would be a small red circle drawn on the floor. Two wooden swords, known as bokken, were laid down next to it. In preparation for…something.

Past that and not far from the left most wall were five thin columns that were only about ten feet tall and set in a line. They had clearly been set there and not part of the original architectural plan, so it was a station of some sort.

Opposite of all this, to the right, close to that wall was a series of twelve different weights. Clearly a strength evaluation was to be held in that area when they got started.

For those who were particularly perceptive, in the far upper right corner, beyond the giant pillar in that direction was a circular ranged target, or boss for those who knew their archery terms, sitting in wait. Looks like anyone with experience with a bow might get to demonstrate their skill shortly.

For now, they could simply wait for Baron Quinn and the others to finish their conversation and take it all in. The wait for the tests was just about over.

Tag: Hugo, Tiberius, Cauliflour, Mir, Atticus, Sir Quakles III, Nomuk, Atmora, Morimoto, & Mr. Ke

@Jerjerrod-Lennox @Shadowsun @Mitth_Fisto @spacelady @Ktala @Narancia @The Jedi in the Pumas

25. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    IC: Mir Dragonson
    Endless waiting

Mir felt himself awash within his own mind as he continued to wait to be taken elsewhere. To be stripped away from the madness of his situation. The fools, running along in their continuous, vacuous lives. His brow furrowed as he tried to recall his memories. He had tiny broken shards, his name, his being but beyond that the rest was suppressed as if part of a dream one was trying to recall from sleep. But after all, is that not what they said their past lives had been. A dream?

“Thank you. I hope you enjoy your time here in Shadow’s Reach, Mr. Dragonson. Perhaps we can speak again after you’ve settled in?”

Mir opened his eyes as he eyed the man, watching him as he patted his shoulder. A quiet look of disgust coming on his face.

"Perhaps" he spoke, waiting for Quinn's back to be turned as he rubbed where he had been touched the man, as one would to rid themselves of dirt.

And then the room was empty, all save for the strange metallic-looking creature that stood before Mir. Its piercing red eyes, the only color to its being.

"What are you exactly?" He stated curtly eyeing the thing as he continued to wait.

TAG: @Darth_Elu