main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Gentis, Trachta, Zaarin. Let's discuss Pre-Endor Imperial Coup attempts

Discussion in 'Literature' started by GrandMoffTrachta, Nov 12, 2022.

1. GrandMoffTrachta

GrandMoffTrachta Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 11, 2022
    This thread is an open discussion and analysis on the three major moves towards HIM's throne.

What I would like to discuss more so is how would things change if each respective aspirant or group of aspirants managed to topple Palpatine (and presumably Vader)

Gentis would of course be a more leniant, respected ruler, not willing to stir up arrmed conflict for the sake of it. Although he may still hold a grudge against Seperatist holdouts.

Trachta and his cabal aimed to eliminate Sith influence on the Empire (whatever that means). In reality, I think that's just a justification Trachta used to push towards a naked power grab. He also seemed to disagree with the disbandment of the Imperial Senate.

Zaarin just wanted the throne. Simple as that.

2. Nom von Anor

Nom von Anor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2012
    Even if Zaarin succeeded, I don't know how he would deal with Arden Lyn afterwards. We don't really know the details of their relationship.

3. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    Would the cabal from original Marvel Star Wars #51 and #52 count toward this list? I don't know as they had any grand designs for taking over the Empire or anything, they were just fed up with Vader strangling them all the time, which is an amusing reason to hold a coup. Seeing them awkwardly hold hands while shouting their team slogan is just icing on the cake.

[​IMG]

4. Nom von Anor

Oct 7, 2012
    If we count acts against Vader, the Archie Goodwin - Al Williamson comic strips also had a storyline dealing with a conspiracy against Vader by Imperial officers.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2022
    darklordoftech and Jedi Ben like this.
  5. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Admiral Griff was a damn good rival for Vader in the Classic Star Wars run.

6. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    I actually made a thread very similar to this, back in the day. Trachta and Gentis’s coups have been thoroughly discussed before, but I’ve always wondered how Zaarin managed to capture Sidious. There’s no way Arden Lyn could actually capture the greatest Dark Lord of the Sith in history, teras kasi or not.

7. GrandMoffTrachta

GrandMoffTrachta Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 11, 2022
    Can you provide a link to these discussions?

8. Nom von Anor

Oct 7, 2012
    I've wondered this as well. Maybe Palpatine allowed himself to be captured. Just until he could see where this was going and how deep the rot was. Maybe it even... amused him.

9. Darth_Garak

Darth_Garak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    I'm 100% convinced that Palpatine just played along with the kidnapping just to see where it went. After all, how many in the Empire knew he was an evil space wizard?

That is hilarious. So what did Vader think of the whole thing? Did he simply murder them or did he throw one liners at them first?

10. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
  11. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    To be fair, Lyn is one of the founders of what would become the Sith (until Chee retconned the timeline). ;)

GrandMoffTrachta and Vialco like this.