main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG George Lucas in Singapore

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by Rayten, Jul 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. siaosaber

siaosaber Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2003
    StompboXX-
    Which position did you apply?

2. StompboXX

StompboXX Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 13, 2002
    I don't want to talk about it much...It's not as if I got the position already, and I bet people from all over the world are filign their applications too. I just hope us SE Asians have better chances.

3. siaosaber

siaosaber Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2003
    i can understand . but there no need to be pessimistic. is not like LAS is the only company

4. Rayten

Rayten Jedi Youngling

Dec 9, 2004
    Some of you may have heard of the official annoucement LFL made at Star Wars Spectacular presentation that the 3D Clone Wars cartoon is in full swing and will debut on TV in 2007 in time for 30th aniversary of ANH.

Well, I just heard the entire 80 or so minutes of the SW Spectacular presentation by Steve Sansweet, and I don't think most of you here know this...

but when the annoucement was made about the cartoon, Singapore was mentioned 4-5 times. It was also stated that animation style will be a blend of Asian anime and western and that the premise of the show and the outline for the first few episodes have been nailed down, and get this, most of the animation work will be done here in Singapore. So guess that means that George Lucas was here to prep Lucasfilm Animation Singapore for the actual animation work of the cartoon.

Months back, I read a quote from Rick McCallum stating that one of the great things about doing the animation in Singapore is that as night falls in Califonia, USA, day is beinning here in Sinagpore for the employees to do the animation work, which they can then send the work they've done back to the US as night falls here in Singapore, but day is starting over there, making for great efficency.

5. DarthCrovus

DarthCrovus Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 3, 2005
    Huh? isn't this already known information from way before Epi3 was released?
    heh then again, I really wouldn't know. kinna got access to insider information, so maybe not as widespread info as i thought

6. Rayten

Rayten Jedi Youngling

Dec 9, 2004
    No, the official annoucement was made after ROTS, at Comic Con 2005, San Diego, that the cartoon is indeed set for 2007 (which is very much later than I thought) and to be done in Singapore (now all those fans in the US and around the world know and they'll keep a bigger eye on the fans here). Comic Con is legendary among SW fans for being the first outlet LFL turned to to promote ANH back in the 70's. Last year's Comic Con was especially monitored by SW fans, as LFL had promised a big surprise, which turned out to be the unveiling of the title of Episode III. The fans went nuts, when the words Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith flashed on the screen for the first time, followed by Steve Sansweet (LFL head of fan relations) pulling off his jacket to reveal the ROTS T-shirts which went on sale shortly after.

http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/bts/production/news20040724.html

This year's Comic Con will also be remembered by Natalie Portman fans, Star Wars fans and horny boys in general, as the first time ever that Natalie attended a geek-infested comic book convention. She was there to promote not SW but an upcoming comic-book movie (V for Vendetta, you know, the one she shaved her head for).

But Natalie did not forget her SW roots, she paid a special visit to the SW booth and took pictures with randomly selected SW fans who purchased items from the booth, (who were picked by the staff there and told to return at a specific time for a special surprise). Lucky bastards!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.