main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

George Lucas on Saturday

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by hofie, Apr 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hofie

hofie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2002
    George Lucas' Schedule at Celebration III Saturday, April 23
    April 13, 2005

Star Wars creator/writer/director George Lucas, who will be making a rare convention appearance at Star Wars Celebration III, will answer fans' questions at three sessions on Saturday, April 23 at the Indiana Convention Center.
    Lucas will start early on Saturday, with the first of three half-hour sessions starting at 8:45 a.m. He'll answer questions about creating the Star Wars saga, in particular his experiences making Revenge of the Sith. Rick McCallum, producer of the Star Wars prequels, will join Lucas on the Sagamore Ballroom stage with host Jay Laga'aia. Audience members will have a chance to ask their own questions.

Stage Times:
    8:45 -- 9:15 a.m.
    9:35 -- 10:05 a.m.
    10:25 -- 10:55 a.m.
    Sagamore Ballroom, 2nd floor
    All shows will seat from the north doors and exit from the east doors. The audience will exit at the end of each show. The Sagamore Ballroom seats approximately 3,300 people.

Seating System

There are both Fan Club and non-Fan Club lines outside the Convention Center. The Fan Club entrance heads west down Maryland St., starting under the Marriott hotel skyway. The non-Fan Club line will run east from the Maryland St. lobby east entrance, and wrap south down Capitol Ave.

Seating for the 8:45 show will start at 8 a.m.

Approximately 70% of the first-show seating will be from the Fan Club line, and 30% from the non-member line. To sign up for the Fan Club, visit the Hyperspace/Insider booth in the Registration area before Saturday.

Show management plans to count and identify people with a visible marker between 6 a.m. and 8 a.m. Be sure to be in the line at that time. If you miss the count you will not have another opportunity to get an identification marker. There will be no holding places for others in line.

If you do not have the provided identification you will not be allowed on the second floor until after the final show has been seated, or at about 10:30 a.m.

You must have a valid Celebration III badge, which you should obtain before Saturday. It is doubtful that people will be able to purchase a badge Saturday morning in time to get in line for one of the shows.

Once all are seated for the first show, queuing will start for the second show.

Approximately 70% of the seating for the second show will come from the Fan Club line, and 30% from the non-member line.

2nd show guests who have received an identification marker will then enter the building, go upstairs, and into the queue on the second floor.

Third show guests will be given identification markers: 30% from the Fan Club line and 70% from the non-member line.

Doors will open to all Fan Club members for early entry to the rest of Celebration III at 9 a.m.

At approximately 9:25 a.m. those Fan Club members with identification markers will be allowed upstairs to queue.

At about 9:30 a.m., those in the non-member line with identification markers will be allowed into the Convention Center, and should proceed up the stairs to the queue for the third and final show. The doors will open to the rest of the non-member line at the normal time of 10 a.m.
    The R2-D2 Builders' Room and Star Wars in Pop Culture, both on the second floor, will open at 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, April 23.

Times or schedules may change. Please check the onsite schedule and the screens at the Information Booth to confirm the exact time, date, and location of George Lucas' appearances at Celebration III.

2. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Excellent, i now know when to volunteer...

3. yodakarma

yodakarma Jedi Master star 1

Nov 9, 2004
    Good, I can now relax, this does not conflict with my volunteering schedule. This is going to be so cool...

4. TK--421

TK--421 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 30, 2002
    I wish they'd be more clear on how it works. Is there a separate line just for the George Lucas shows outside, or are they just taking whoever is at the front of the regular fan club line?

5. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Sounds like they'll be giving these markers out to whoever is at the front of the line(s).

6. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    But remember, there are 3 shows (I mentioned they should do this- 30 minute shows to get the most people in) so if you dont make the first session, you will probably make the 2nd. i like this idea.

7. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Yeah, it's a good idea. And since the shows are before the doors open the lines won't be clogging up the hallways.

8. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    Can someone do a map of where they think these lines will start? fan clun, non fan club. Also, once the session is done, do you have to get back in line to get back in the main doors for C3? i hope not. I'm actually impressed. They are doing this first thing in the morning before even the normal hours on the celebration and are trying to get close to 10,000 people to see him. Good job in my opinion. This way, people wont be blowing one whole celebration day just trying to see him.

9. Salty

Salty Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 24, 1998
    You'll have to get in line around 5 AM if you plan on getting in there at all.

So, roughly only 9900 out of 20,000 will get to see Lucas.

10. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    ^^^ I was just thinking 5am. If not just a little more early. Too me, that will be worth it and we dont even have to blow a whole day just to see him. Plus, this gives my wife and I to see more than half of what we plan Thursday and Friday. Focus on those 2 days and we can focus on Lucas.

11. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    damn, no time for sleep after the party...

12. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    You can bet I'll be there early in the morning to see him! I love this idea too,because I was worried before that I might have to use a good part of a day to see him. :)

13. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    FINALLY!!!! Now I can *really* plan my weekend! :D

You'll have to get in line around 5 AM if you plan on getting in there at all.

Salted one, I gotta believe there will be people getting in line Friday night, before midnight for this. At C2 I got in line ? mainly for the Sacul figure ? at around 6:45 a.m. and there must have been 200 people in line ahead of me. I heard those at the very front had indeed been there Friday. I'm thinking a 3 a.m. alarm, orange juice and pop tarts will get me the place in line I desire to see The Flanneled One.

14. Arsinoe

Arsinoe Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 24, 1999
    "damn, no time for sleep after the party... "

You were planning to sleep at C3? wow ;)

15. Salty

Dec 24, 1998
    I think my wife and I will get there between 4 and 5 AM Saturday morning.

EDIT: RG96, that's interesting. I may have to replan my times.

16. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    well maybe go straight to the line after the party...

17. movieboy

movieboy Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 9, 2005
    Well I had to do 24 hour streches in the Army, so I guess I can do one more for GL. :)

18. brokenyolk

brokenyolk Jedi Youngling star 2

May 10, 2002
    I'm hoping you can roll in between 6-7 and still catch the last show. Maybe not, but I'm hoping. 10000 people is a lot of people.....

Otherwise - 4-5 hrs for a 1/2 hour interview? That's a tough wait for me, although I'll likely still do it. I guess I can tough it out. Maybe I can sleep in line with my CIII stadium blanket...

19. SkottASkywalker

SkottASkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    I like how this is being done. I definitely plan for my Wife and I to make one of the shows. If not the first, then the second. If not the second, then the third. [face_dancing]

20. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    Man, that sucks. I'll be volunteering inthe Official Pix area. I hope they end up adding more shows.

21. Salty

Dec 24, 1998
    When I was in the USAF, I worked 24 hours on 48 hours off as a medic.

I was thinking some people may not leave Friday night after the doors shut. The line may start then.

22. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    I'm planning on lining up at 6 AM. I think that ought to be enough time to at least catch one of the shows. :)

23. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    I can't believe there will be longer lines at C3 for anything besides this. My time estimates might be kinda wild, but I am playing it safe. I want to be able to see George in the first show and then be able to have all day and night Saturday for everything else. This is my top priority for the weekend and I'm not taking any chances.

24. movieboy

movieboy Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 9, 2005
    I would not count on any more shows being added. I think we're LUCKY he is doing more then 1.

25. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    I will start camping out Wednesday!!

Okay, I'm obviously kidding. I'm posting this from the front of the "Lucas Line" right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.