main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

George Lucas on Saturday

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by hofie, Apr 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Well, I'm not telling anyone what to do...but you can spend most of your morning for just a chance (no gurantee) waiting to see a 30 minute glimpse of GL, or you can run amuck in the Convention Center at your breakfasts and seeing/buying other things while everyone & their grandmother is waiting outside.

The 3rd choice is just to sleep in...it's going to be a long Saturday regardless, but particularly if you're going to the party that night.

I'm going to take my chances with the GL show I think, but that depends on if I get everything I want done on Thurs & Fri...I'm going to work most of Sat & Sun in the kids area, so it just depends...but like I said, my roommates are all 501st guys who'll have to go get their picture taken for the Guiness Book of World Records, so I'm going to be up then away.

2. DARTH-XAVIER

DARTH-XAVIER Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2001

Does anybody know approximately what time the convention center doors will open Saturday morning for the GL shows?

3. VaderFanForever

VaderFanForever Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2004
    Not to be off topic Seb, but this is the first I've heard about the 501st Guennes thing!! When and where?

4. spooky-kid

spooky-kid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 17, 2003
    yeah, when and where? I wonder if I'll be accepted into the 501st by then.

5. FateNaberrie

FateNaberrie Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 31, 2000
    Yeah, I watched Alias tonight.

Did you freak out and yell "JOEL EFFING GREY!!"? Because I know I did.

I also want to second the query about a possible 24 hour coffee shop within a couple blocks of the lineups? Does anyone know about this? It would be nice to be able to run out and get some caffeine or breakfast up until 6 AM.

6. DARTH-XAVIER

DARTH-XAVIER Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2001

Does anybody know what time the convention center doors will actually open on Saturday morning?

Hector

7. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Well at most cons there's always a huge photo of the troops in costume...C2 was the largest 501st pic ever, so from what I was told, they're trying to blow that out of the water at C3, and I believe, it might have been told to me as I'm not seeing it listed anywhere I normally view, that they've contacted World Record people about it.

Anyway, the photo is at 7 am I believe, and will be on the steps of the main entrance to the RCA Dome, like it was for C2. I'm not in the 501st, so that could've changed. I'm sure once you're accepted into the 501st they'll give you that information, but if not, it wouldn't hurt to ask someone in your local garrison.

8. The_Sith_Hunter

The_Sith_Hunter Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    I noticed that the first show is at 8:45, but the place doesn't open until 9am for members and 10 for the rest of us. Ummm, how's that gonna work?

Hofie, I was also wondering if you could quote your source please... Thanks

9. FateNaberrie

Jan 31, 2000
    Obviously the first fifteen minutes of the panel will take place without an audience.

10. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    [face_laugh]

I believe people in line for the GL show will be going in a separate entrance then the general C3 traffic...so it's like it's own mini-event.

11. brokenyolk

brokenyolk Jedi Youngling star 2

May 10, 2002
    As per the official post:

Seating for the 8:45 show will start at 8 a.m.

I imagine they just shuffle you right upstairs.

12. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    I'm worried, but not really. He is at the top of my list of must see's and if my wife and I have to be inline at 4:30 am just for those 30 minutes, then so be it. I do want to know where they will line up for this though. Will it be part of the fanclub line, or a seperate line. Also, when the show is over, do you have to go back outside and get back into line to get back into the convention or will you be able to go do what you want inside.

If i can get the majority of what I really want and see done Thursday and Friday, i'll be in good shape. Sunday is just a waste of day for us and we need to be at the airport by 1pm, so I might get to go just walk around the site for an hour or 2 that morning.

I think it is very cool that they are attempting to have as many people see him as possible. i love the 30 minute show idea.

13. FateNaberrie

Jan 31, 2000
    Seb, according to the map here and the info on the first page of this thread, it looks like the lines are going to be the same as for Gen. Admission to the Convention.

That could cause a lot of confusion for people who want to get into the showings that start after the rest of the Con is open and who probably want to wander around inside for the hour or so before they actually get to go into the Ballroom.

14. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    Wonder if they will have line signs for what line is for what. hate to be in the wrong line Sat morning.

15. movieboy

movieboy Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 9, 2005
    K3PO:

The GL line will work the same way as the normal entry line. They will have a fan club line, and a non-fan club line. If you are a fan club member you will be able to go right to the convention after the show; because the first show lets out after 9:00.

16. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    That map has been up well before anyone knew GL was coming...I'm sure they'll have separate lines, they can't force you to wait to see GL if the Con is supposed to be open. On top of that, for GL, there's a fan club & non-fan club line...so there will have to be some organizing going on. Not saying it will be headache free, but I'd suggest walking up to the door, and then follow the line that you need to be in from it's end, rather than standing behind whomever you see first and going on what line they think they're in.

17. FateNaberrie

Jan 31, 2000
    That map has been up well before anyone knew GL was coming...I'm sure they'll have separate lines

I know that map has been up for awhile, but the first post of this thread, which was undoubtedly written after they knew GL was coming, says:

There are both Fan Club and non-Fan Club lines outside the Convention Center. The Fan Club entrance heads west down Maryland St., starting under the Marriott hotel skyway. The non-Fan Club line will run east from the Maryland St. lobby east entrance, and wrap south down Capitol Ave.

Implying that there won't be separate lines.

18. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    From what I've read here, it seems pretty obvious that there will NOT be separate lines for the Lucas event.

People will simply line up as usual-- the one fan club line, and the one non-fan club line. . . Just like Thursday and Friday.

19. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    I'm sure they will have another line for this. Kinda have to because not everyone in either line will want to go see GL.

20. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    Common sense would also state that Lucas should be in the RCA Dome for his sessions, but we know how that's working out....

21. Darth_Madness

Darth_Madness Jedi Youngling

Mar 16, 2005
    I'm guessing that the line for Lucas will be the same line as to get into the convention. I would assume when they start to hand out the markers or whatever they are using they will start at the front of the line and ask "do you wish to see Lucas?" and if you say yes they give you one, if you aren't they'll move on.

22. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    I'm going with the one fan club line / one regular line theory. The visible marker will be given out between 6am and 8am. Everyone who is going to get in to see the panels will know by 8am. The audience for the first two shows will be inside the building and upstairs before 9AM. The fan club folks for the 3rd show will enter the building with the rest of the fan club line and report to the entry to the 2nd floor at 9:25. Non fan club members with markers will be let into the building at 9:30 and will proceed upstairs. The remainder of their line will be let in at 10:00.

Sounds like an easy system to me.

23. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Yeah, I'm amazed that GenCon devised a system that makes so much sense. :p

24. Jedi_Mark

Jedi_Mark Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 11, 2004
    Question.
    I ordered my badge online too late for them to ship it.
    What is the latest on Friday night that I can get badges for Saturday? I'm only going on Saturday but I think I'm gonna get a hotel on Friday now because of this so I can see Lucas?
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

25. VaderFanForever

VaderFanForever Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2004
    Very Easy way to sperate the 2 line:

Fan Club Member: Bright Orange Layard

Non-Fan Club Member: No Bright Orange Laynard

I think it will be pretty easy to seperate the 2 lines, don't you?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.