main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Idaho George Lucas: Sithlord or Saint?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Kasey_Kenobi, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Kasey_Kenobi

Kasey_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    So we have arrived at the place where Mr. Lucas has handed his valuable franchise over to Disney and everything is changing. A lot has happened since 1977 and Star Wars isn't the same thing as it was then (or so I've been told by you Jedi elders). The saga has grown beyond its humble beginnings into something quite epic. And it can be fairly stated that none of it would have had George Lucas not approached Fox studios to pitch his idea "The Star Wars." On the other hand the creator and founder of our beloved series also decided to re-release the films with added material and several key changes, the prequel films following soon after that. Many have grown to passionately hate the man (hate leads to suffering...) while a minority of others still uphold him as the legendary visionary he was seen as when the first film released 36 years ago. But what about you? What do you think of the bearded flannel wearing mastermind of Star Wars?

My personal opinion is that I'm glad Lucas has passed the torch. I highly respect and appreciate the man for the wonderful story he has given us set in a fantastical universe of droids, creatures and aliens. I long defended the man after the release of "The Phantom Menace" and don't believe the negative criticism was deserved. I know that the prequel films aren't the beloved films the original 3 are but they still offer a fun and interesting back story. If I had any real complaints against the man its that he never could figure out when to stop tinkering. When the most powerful scene from Star Wars ( the redemption of Anakin and the destruction of the Emperor) is changed to add a pointless and overly cliche "noooooooo" coming from Darth Vader, well perhaps Lucas just needs to enjoy retirement.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

2. Psxjedi76

Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep star 4 VIP

Apr 2, 2002
    I am okay with seeing this done, if the stories are done right, watching the clone wars wich is to be concidered cannon per GL who knows what disney will say about that.

but when lucasbooks allows writers to make stories and tell adventures to characters it should be cannon as well. If the only reason it is not concidered cannon is because lucas killed Boba Fett, guess what he brought back Darth Maul and even gave him a brother. Plus he had Jedi killed in the animated cartoon that passed away in the books.

So i hope Disney will tell us that the stories in the books are now concidered cannon and that. The new movies by JJ will be based off of those time lines and help link our heros to some of the EU characters including the Fett.

Maybe even give us a Scence where Chewbacca and Luke are talking about Master Yoda to some younglins and Chewie tells how he helped Master Yoda escape his home world during Order 66.

i passed this to Peter Mayhew in hope maybe he would have some say about chewie.

3. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Personally beyond reference I hope they stay away from the books and stick to an "original" idea as the rumors report. Seeing the original cast would be awesome but if they do appear I doubt it will be as the main characters. Luke could be the new Yoda in a way while Leia is doing Jedi business etc. I'll be interested to see what some of the new characters are.

4. cmdrwillard

cmdrwillard Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2003
    I am also ok with the new Disney fomula. Not a big fan of the individual movies but of the new trilogy. i think nee
    characters will breathe new life into the franchise.

5. Psxjedi76

Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep star 4 VIP

Apr 2, 2002
    well either way in my hopes Disney will fix things for us the fans and GL can no longer screw it up!
    and since disney needs to make some money back Maybe we will get some new dvd/blurays original uncut trilogy on dvd and holiday special and the action figures from them.

this is what i hope.

6. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Well I'm confident Abrams having agreed to fill some very big shoes won't want to screw it up and is going to move forward carefully and with respect for the films that have come before. As for new blu-ray releases etc, this is Disney/Lucasfilm of course there will be merchandising, merchandising, merchandising! Star Wars the flame thrower! The kids love this one.