main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

George Lucas wants to build affordable housing on his land

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by bstnsx704, Apr 18, 2015.

1. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
  2. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
  3. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    George Lucas is an amazing person

Can we please shut up about him being a "greedy money-grubbing megalomaniac" now?

4. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    I would have hoped that people would have stopped with that after he donated all of the Disney money.

5. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I just saw this on Facebook, well done George! =D=

JEDI-RISING likes this.
  6. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I actually Don't want to see this happen, not because I don't think people need affordable housing but because the ranch is so iconic and I would love to visit and take pictures of the gate sometime, 5858 Lucas Valley Road .....

7. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013

Lucas owns a large amount of property in the area. This proposed development would be going on his Grady Ranch property, not at Skywalker Ranch. The Grady property was originally intended by Lucas to serve as the location for a new studio (I think there's strong possibilities it would have been used for the now defunct live action SW series, among other projects), but after so much backlash from the community and local area in recent years, Lucas scrapped the idea altogether, and then of course shortly thereafter sold Lucasfilm.

What I've never been entirely clear on is whether or not Skywalker Ranch is actually Lucas' own property, or if it's owned by Lucasfilm.

CIS Droid and Leoluca Randisi like this.
  8. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    on Oprah's show Lucas admitted that he does not live on the ranch he just wants people to think he does, he said he just works at the ranch....

9. KenW

KenW Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 25, 2015
    The fact that it would be self funded is great. I thought maybe he was donating it to a state project, but nope.

10. Prequel_Rubbish

Prequel_Rubbish Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 5, 2014
    On the one hand, it's nice that people will get to have affordable housing there. On the other hand, it's disingenuous. It's not like he woke up one day and thought to put affordable houses on his property. He's only doing it to anger his neighbors. $150 million to Lucas is the same as most of us buying a noisemaker at the store.

11. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    Nice work, George.