main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Get In Line - A Social Countdown to Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Chiznuk , Dec 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    this is my cat Chester!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
  2. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    sorry for the double post but I was the last post days ago my edit window is well expired.

On Saturday I went to Star Wars A New Hope in concert with live orchestra at this great theater in Clear Water Florida called the Ruth Eckard Hall. it was great! we had obstructed view seats but immediately the usher hooked us up with way better seats, there was apparently a speaker blocking part of the screen that is why they were obstructed. the 501st Legion was there they even had a 7 foot Chewbacca I am guessing Chewie was on stilts. before the show in the outdoor eating area they had a guy playing Latin Jaz guitar kind of like the two albums ex Yankee Bernie Williams came out with. I thought the HD transfer of the movie was the best I have ever seen and the Tampa Bay Orchestra sounded great it was an awesome night!

thejeditraitor likes this.
  3. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
  4. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    STAR WARS Galaxy of Adventures!

Ridley Solo and Leoluca Randisi like this.
  5. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    It's been a while since I last stood in line. I believe it was for Revenge of the Sith, but I was here waiting for Attack of the Clones too. Does anyone have an extra blanket, or camping chair? The ground is hard and cold just now.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
  6. RolandofGilead

Jan 17, 2001
    We named the dog Chewbacca.

Although we always called him Chewie and my wife later claimed she never knew about the Star Wars connection. ;)

Darth Smurf and Lee_ like this.
  7. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    WOW! Roland in line in GIL? After all these years! [face_party]

*FAINTS* [face_hypnotized]

RolandofGilead likes this.
  8. RolandofGilead

Jan 17, 2001
    Has it been that long?

Remember how we used to tell stories back and forth together, back when we didn't have smart phones and ipads? Pocket pagers certainly weren't all that entertaining.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
    G-FETT likes this.
  9. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    We both got in line in 2001 - That's like nearly 18 years ago! :eek:

Hope your sticking around? It's late in UK (nearly 1am) but we've got a lot to catch up on! :D

10. RolandofGilead

Jan 17, 2001
    I'm heading home just now. Well, first Barnes & Nobel to grab a couple of Hunger Games novels for my littlest girl for Christmas, and then home. I hope to be here again tomorrow, but who can really say?

G-FETT likes this.
  11. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Hope you and the family are OK?

Right we'll catch up tomorrow hopefully. Night. :D

12. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Not too long ago I tried explaining to my high school students about how people to stand in line for hours or some case days/weeks/months etc for a release of a Star Wars film or another big movie. They look at me like I had three heads.

13. RolandofGilead

Jan 17, 2001
    There were still folks waiting in line long after it made any sense to do so. They said it was for "tradition." That's a little too dedicated for my tastes.

Luke02 likes this.
  14. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    When we went to see TFA during Thursday night preview, there were people in line for the midnight showing for a few hours even though the movie theater personnel kept asking them if they wanted to switch their tickets out for an earlier showing since there was plenty of seats still available. Their response was the same thing that their tradition was to see it at midnight even though there were a bunch of earlier shows available.

15. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    This is Star Wars. People were camping in the parking lot for days and coming into the movies in costumes. Dedication is what it's all about.

Ridley Solo and RolandofGilead like this.
  16. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
  17. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    STAR WARS New Toys, Comics and Gifts!

18. Charlie07

Charlie07 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2015

the only good part of YT Rewind 2018

19. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    In my area If you get to the theater with at least a half hour to spare when you get there then there are no lines and sometimes were the first ones in the theater. the only thing is after you get your popcorn and soda your waiting in the theater for the movie to start almost a half hour. but Its worth it most people show up right before the movie starts. This is even the case for big tent pole movies. I wish Regal in the states did Assigned seating AMC in my area does assigned seating and I love it but the nearest AMC to my house is 45 minutes away and if the highway is backed up your screwed. My Regal is 15 minutes away but the Regal has no assigned seating and no IMAX for Tent pole movies I buy my tickets from Fandango print at home tickets just to assure I don't miss out on the movie plus you can bypass the ticket buying booth and go straight to the guy that scans your ticket …

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
  20. Skywalker Family

Skywalker Family Jedi Master star 3

Mar 15, 2017
    My Regal does assigned seating. Had it for Halloween and Venom. Maybe they are slowly starting too.

21. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    Cool may be my theater follows suit soon? then all I need is my theater to renovate and put in an IMAX or a new IMAX or AMC built in my town...

Luke02 likes this.
  22. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Pretty most if not all the AMC and Regal now have assigned seating. Cinemark is the last major chain that still has mostly first come/first served seating since they still have stadium style seating with no numbers at their theaters. I am in the minority but I still kinda enjoyed that. My wife and I at the end of the summer with our family moved and were now way closer to the big AMC by us yet been going mostly to the Cinemark still that we been going to for years now (since it first open like 15 years ago). It's a bit farther of a drive (say 5-10 minutes depending on traffic) but we seem to like it better since it's less crowded and it's attach to a outdoor mall therefore is a bunch of places we can grab a quick bite to eat before the moving and remember what was like to be together for a little bit before the kiddies invaded. ;)

Luke'sSeveredHand likes this.
  23. IlhamKamaruddin

IlhamKamaruddin Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2017
    This might be SUPER EARLY to ask this question but do you guys have any specific cinema venue you guys want to watch Episode IX?

I've been having my eyes on the re-opening of the Sydney Darling Harbour IMAX, which is the world's largest IMAX in September 2019 and hoping to catch Episode IX during my family's Christmas vacation to Sydney in 2019.

I'm super hyped. And it's one year away! Hopefully the opening date will not be pushed too far. Keeping my fingers crossed.

24. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    There is a classic Drive-In cinema about a 30 minute drive from the city. I might go for full nostalgia and see it in a situation like that. Last time was for ESB.

25. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    btw just got a ps4 and battlefront 2 if you want to play my psn is El_Borak_77

STAR WARS ROTJ Hot Toys! LUKE SKYWALKER ENDOR!

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
    Luke'sSeveredHand likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.