main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Get In Line - A Social Countdown to Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Chiznuk , Dec 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    So I was on my way to my brother's place across town yesterday, I noticed an audible vibration possibly from the left rear when turning left at speed.

I had just swapped my wheels last week, as I have my snow tires already mounted on their own set, so I was wondering if I either had a loose wheel or maybe I had the tread separating from a tire.

As I was trying to diagnose that left rear issue, I get blindsided by a much louder vibration, one that I could feel pretty severely in the front. I slow way down, realizing it is no longer safe to drive at speed, so I was down to around 30 in a 55 trying to diagnose this issue, which sounded similar to the issue I was earlier trying to get a read on from the rear. I stopped a couple different times to visually inspect both front wheels and tires, but when I stopped I couldn't see anything wrong. From past experience, you won't see tread separation on a wheel that isn't moving, and I checked the bolt holes and everything looked fine, nothing appeared loose, but without a torque wrench I couldn't be sure.

I was just a few miles from my brother's place, so I limped the car on... now around only 20mph, driving with my flashers on when it reached a point where it was clearly not driveable. This time when I got out to look, it was clear as day that the left front was EXTREMELY loose! In fact, so loose, only a single bolt was actually still holding it on barely. The other 4 were completely unthreaded! I was lucky they were still sitting in the bolt holes on the wheel, they could have fallen out on their own.

Being that highway 21 north into Jordan is a fairly busy road, and I'm on the hill heading right into town, which has virtually no shoulder due to a guard rail on the side, no way was I going to lay down on the driver's side to get a jack under the car when I can just use AAA. They arrived in 20 minutes, remounted the wheel, I was on my way.

Heading home, I noticed the vibration from the left rear was getting louder, and since I now recognized this as the same sound to a lesser degree that the left front made when it got bad, I knew the left rear must also be a bit loose. I didn't feel a vibration, but just knowing what the sound meant, I didn't feel safe at highway speeds, so I averaged between 30-40 from Jordan to Farmington.

All this happening just a week and a half after I swapped my wheels at Discount Tire to get my snow tires on. Obviously they must've been loose from that placement.

I brought the S4 in right away this morning, told them what happened, also let them know it sounded like possibly the left rear might be loose as well. I also showed them the hub ring that was torn up and couldn't be put back on with the rim when AAA remounted it.

They immediately apologized and bumped my car ahead of those who had scheduled appointments, took off all the wheels again, inspecting them all for possible damage, they noticed one of the bolt holes was very "slightly" ovaled out (I'll be honest, when they showed me, I wouldn't have even noticed with out it being pointed out) on the wheel that almost came off. They are ordering a replacement rim to replace that one free of charge. After all the others were checked out as being fine, they remounted all of them and torqued the bolts an extra 5lbs to assure the same won't happen again.

I was all set to be very angry with them this morning, but they stepped up to make this right. The audible vibration from the rear is clearly gone, so I felt safe again driving at speed. Obviously I'll be extra sensitive for that sound again now that I know what it means if I hear it.

Hopefully, it's something I'll not have to deal with again though. I've been going to this Discount Tire location for years (since 2006) and this is the first issue I've ever had. With how they're handling this, they will continue to get my business. The TSW wheels my snow tires are mounted on, I bought from them at the same time I purchased the snow tires, so the replacement order they put in is seamless, as it's already in their system.

All in all, everything is good.

Luke'sSeveredHand likes this.
  2. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    CAT!!!!

I love cats, so does my Blue Quaker Parrot, Mikko! Here's my cat Punk'in with Mikko (pronounced Meek-oh for those unfamiliar with the Finnish name), best friends!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
  3. Left_Elbow

Left_Elbow Jedi Grand Master

Nov 22, 2003
    ONE YEAR AWAY FROM PREVIEW NIGHT!
    With all the Star Wars goodies we're gonna get, in no time we shall be sitting in a packed theater with close friends awaiting the appearance of the Lucasfilm logo.

EviL_eLF likes this.
  4. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
  5. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Happy Holidays, to one and all!

6. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    [​IMG]

EviL_eLF likes this.
  7. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
  8. IlhamKamaruddin

IlhamKamaruddin Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2017
    Have a great new year everyone! And this is in honour and anticipation for the upcoming year!

[​IMG]

Encuentro likes this.
  9. Charlie07

Charlie07 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2015
    We can finally say it, Episode IX comes out this year!!!

[​IMG]

10. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Happy New Year!

11. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    Happy New Year to you all!!

2019 is the year in which we will see the conclusion of the Skywalker story and the first live-action SW TV show.

Really looking forward to all this!!

12. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    A belated Happy New Year!

13. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    my new dog,
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    she is part pointer her name is Sundae!

EviL_eLF, vin, The_Third_Man and 4 others like this.
  14. Cave of Erised

Cave of Erised Jedi Knight star 2

May 3, 2018
    Wasn’t sure where to put rumors for the theme park attractions but another thing to look forward to in the mean time!

https://attractionsmagazine.com/rumor-queue-rise-of-the-resistance/

I’m not so sure about the Hux animatronic due to the uncanny valley. Though I’m taking this with a planet of salt since this is not official.

15. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Happy 88th Birthday James Earl Jones!
    [​IMG]

Happy 30th birthday Kelly Marie Tran
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
  16. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    I am preparing for a snow storm and there are talks of Blizzard conditions. That is my day.

starfish likes this.
  17. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    Yeah, same here, we’re expected to get well over a foot of snow.

18. IlhamKamaruddin

IlhamKamaruddin Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2017
    OMG BIRTHDAY BUDDIES OF THE 17 JAN!

19. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    I went to Empire Strikes Back In Concert with a live Orchestra last night with my nephew and dad! this is a photo my nephew took!
    [​IMG]
    It was in St. Petersburg Florida at the Ruth Eckerd Hall! The 501st Legion was there It was awesome the music was great and the HD film was the best I ever saw!

20. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Saw this in Melbourne last month.
    Glorious.
    And a great reminder of just what a great movie Empire is. I kept forgetting there was a full orchestra playing as I got hooked in the movie again.

And yeah, fun having Stormtroopers walking about beforehand.

Right now watching Monster Trucks on Netflix. A hint at the IX that might have been.

Luke'sSeveredHand likes this.
  21. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
  22. Darth Smurf

Dec 22, 2015
    ^Russian troll detected who tries to meddle into elections and to influence votings.[​IMG]

23. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    That's the point!

24. Darth Smurf

Dec 22, 2015
    You got my vote for this shamelessness!

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
    TiniTinyTony likes this.
  25. vin

vin Chosen One star 6