main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Get In Line, NSA Edition - A Social Countdown to The Mandalorian and Grogu

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by mavjade , Aug 2, 2013.

1. Sard_Oola

Sard_Oola Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jun 30, 2001
    It's very late for this, but here is an older image to consider that may provide a clue:
    [​IMG]

2. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I loved it. That's the only spoiler-free review I can give you.

3. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    stupid move on my part, was at avclub and I clicked on a Rian Johnson article and they opened the story with TROS RT score which is very lame on their part and I saw a review headline. But that's it so far!

4. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Just finished The Last Jedi. I absolutely love that film!! It has the longest run time, yet always goes by the quickest for me!

Cant believe it, but tomorrow is the day!!! I hope everyone has an amazing experience with The Rise of Skywalker! 42 years in the making, going to be an emotional ride!

5. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    This is all I needed to hear. I haven't read any reviews, or viewed any videos. As of 1:25 PST, I have about 20 hours and 10 minutes before the movie starts!

TCF-1138 likes this.
  6. smoothkaz

smoothkaz Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 25, 2014
    Exactly 15 hours from typing this, I will be seated in my local movie theater, preparing to experience the final chapter of a 42-year Saga.

This will be a day long-remembered.

TheYodaPagoda likes this.
  7. Darth Buzz

Jun 25, 2018
    Today!!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
    TheYodaPagoda and TCF-1138 like this.
  8. AnakinTheChosenOne

AnakinTheChosenOne Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 25, 2019
    HYPED!!!!!!
    Just hours away from the concluding chapter.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
  9. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Saw it this morning. Non-spoiler review - it was great! I will say it moves fast though - there isn't any good place for a comfort break. I'm going back on Mon or Tues for a 3D showing - today's was 2D.

10. Darth Buzz

Jun 25, 2018
    Time is dragginggggggg at work!!! 8:45 can’t get here soon enough, although I already know I’m gonna cry when the end credits begin!! Bittersweet

TheYodaPagoda and TCF-1138 like this.
  11. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    That was one good thing about a 935 AM showing - between the walk into town and shopping a bit there wasn't much time to waste.

12. run_luke_run

run_luke_run Force Ghost star 4

Feb 18, 2004
    Unfortunately my tickets aren't until tomorrow (Friday) at 7:00 PM, so I will have to work harder to stay spoiler free. The good news? I get to watch the end of the saga with my two little girls, which is undeniably worth the wait. :)

13. TIE Mechanic

TIE Mechanic Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 1, 2019
    I thoroughly enjoyed the film and I think I will go again tonight. I was surprised that the crowds I expected didn't eventuate.

14. AnakinTheChosenOne

AnakinTheChosenOne Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 25, 2019
    6PM hurry the hell up! Work is killer.

15. TheYodaPagoda

Apr 23, 2002
    How does it compare to The Last Jedi as far as length? I think the Mega Cup I usually get to drink pushed the limits each time I saw it.
    This is good news, considering I have tickets three days in a row. Just over 7 hours to go!

TIE Mechanic likes this.
  16. Darth Buzz

Jun 25, 2018
    Just arrived at the theatre. I guess this is where the line, and saga officially end! I’ll make sure to post a NS reaction after I get out. I hope everyone enjoys the film!

run_luke_run and TheYodaPagoda like this.
  17. TheYodaPagoda

Apr 23, 2002
    It's time for me to join the line! In the line for Episode IX! Star Wars, Episode IX, The Rise of Skywalker! See you all on the other side, and be ready for my non-spoiler reaction. May The Force Be With Us All!

run_luke_run likes this.
  18. Darth Buzz

Jun 25, 2018
    .......... :(

19. TheYodaPagoda

Apr 23, 2002
    Non-spoiler reaction...wow, this movie moves! I enjoyed it a lot! Didn't check my watch once!

run_luke_run likes this.
  20. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Film itself is a little bit under 2 1/2 hours. Cinema I was in had about 1/2 hour of ads/trailers tacked on at the beginning. (Pretty standard for them). My bladder was letting me know about it but I made it through the credits. So probably in the neighborhood of TLJ but not as long as IT: Part 2. (My bladder was screaming by the end of that and I had to leave when the credits started).

21. Kole

Kole Jedi Master star 1

Jul 3, 2016
    Non-spoiler review:
    Not a critic’s movie by any stretch, but more than makes up for it by being tons of fun. Movie spends all 2 1/2 hours at a breakneck pace, and there’s quite a lot to process. Practicing restraint is not the movie’s MO and there’s more than a little handwaving, but given that this the final movie in the saga the whole “Star Wars on steroids” feel can be forgiven and simply enjoyed. It’s the kind of action-packed, fun movie that would have been one of my absolute favorites as a kid. Loved it!

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
  22. Darth-Horax

Darth-Horax Force Ghost star 6

Aug 22, 2001
    We opted to see it on saturday early eve since we take our 4 kids with us.
    Cannot wait to see it....I never read or agree iwth reviews anyway. My opinion is all that really matters
    when it comes to liking or hating a movie.

Pretty sure I know why they call it the Rise of Skywalker, I just hope they don't take the lowest hanging fruit...but I think they will.

DARTH_BELO likes this.
  23. obi1jedinite

obi1jedinite Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 20, 2002
    I was kinda disappointed, but still liked it overall.

24. Darth Buzz

Jun 25, 2018
    I was severely disappointed. I hope everyone had a better experience. I left the theatre heartbroken last night.

25. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I'm not seeing it till Sunday!

THIS

DAY

IS

GRINDING!!! [face_tired]

Really?? :confused: Why "severely?" Is there a way to answer that in a spoiler free way? I'm curious...

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019