main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Get In Line, NSA Edition - A Social Countdown to The Mandalorian and Grogu

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by mavjade , Aug 2, 2013.

1. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Disney is going to have to confirm the era of this film, or possibly misleading tweets like this one could cause a lot of confusion.

TheYodaPagoda likes this.
  2. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    I'm guessing this is an Anthology Film? I'm wondering if they've retired that designation. Anyway, looks like it's in great hands!

3. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Oh, yeah. :)

I'll be putting the SW patches on my flight suit to stand in line for this one. :cool:

4. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Honestly, I think they retired the "Anthology" name years ago. It was a long time ago they last used it officially. I still like it though, and wish they would have stuck to using it.

But it seems they've also retired "A Star Wars Story".

5. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Yeah, we've really only been using "Anthology" due to the lack of a better, official alternative. Just saying "standalone" films only feel slightly better than "spin-offs," and calling them the "Star Wars Story films" is just a pain in the butt. The last article I can find on the official website that referred to them that way was April 19, 2015, which ironically was an article recapping the Celebration panel where the "Anthology Series" branding was announced. Once the final Rogue One logo was revealed with the cast and crew announcement later that year in August, with "A Star Wars Story" underneath it, Anthology Series hasn't been used in any official capacity whatsoever.

:-B

TheYodaPagoda and TCF-1138 like this.
  6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Happy new year everyone!

7. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Long time no chat, how is everyone? Looking forward to the new Disney+ shows until we get the films back in 2023.

8. Darth Buzz

Jun 25, 2018
    Looks like our wait may be a little longer!

9. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Maybe, but we have plenty of stuff on Disney Plus to tide us over.

10. TheYodaPagoda

Apr 23, 2002
    I'm happy watching wonderful Star Wars shows on Disney Plus, it's a dream come true as far as I'm concerned. I'm happy waiting for films when we've got awesome show after awesome show!

Darth Buzz, EHT and Nehru_Amidala like this.
  11. Darth Buzz

Jun 25, 2018
    Anybody have any preferences on what they want the new film to cover? Material? Time period?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2022
  12. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    I'd like to see the great migration to the Milky Way thousands of years after the Skywalker era!

13. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    ^ If you're suggesting SW comes to Earth, please don't. Have you not seen BSG 1980? I wish I could not see it. :(

14. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    I've seen it. I still wake up some nights, screaming into the void.

TheYodaPagoda, TCF-1138 and Sarge like this.
  15. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Those are the nights I wish the void would scream back. :eek:[face_hypnotized]

16. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    But that’s how George first came into contact with the GFFA!

17. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    *shudders*

Earth doesn't exist in Star Wars.

EHT, Sarge and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  18. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    But then, where is the GFFA far, far away FROM?

(Deep Thoughts)

19. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Hey ya'll!
    Just thought I'd give a shout to @PrincessKenobi, who has stepped down from moderating after years of excellent work on the forums.

She was the lone mod in this particular forum, so when the spot became vacant I stepped back in.
    Since we're some time away from a new movie release, I don't expect any issues to come up anytime soon, but should any arise, you know where to find me.

20. Darth Buzz

Jun 25, 2018
    Great to have you back general, I know we have a tough crowd here in the NSA section :p

EHT and TCF-1138 like this.
  21. TheYodaPagoda

Apr 23, 2002
    I didn't want this thread to go a year without anyone posting on it. Well, there sure are a lot of good shows appearing on that Disney Plus thing!
    My bookmark for the TFN forums is into the NSA section, since I want no sense of spoilers anywhere within my sight. I think that this has increased my enjoyment of just about anything Star Wars, because I'm not anticipating anything I had read about in some spoiler forum. I'm proud to be spoiler free (except for those wonderful trailers and magazine spreads!)

TCF-1138 and Sarge like this.
  22. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Spoiler free is the way to be! :)

23. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Finally got to update the title for this thread again, almost three years later. :D

Edit: lol, 2020 is four years ago, not three. I swear I can count. :p

Last edited: Jan 9, 2024
  24. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! :D:D:D

25. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Who is Grogu?! I don't want spoilers. :p