main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Get In Line, NSA Edition - A Social Countdown to The Mandalorian and Grogu

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by mavjade , Aug 2, 2013.

1. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009

Did something go wrong with all that stuff you purchased the other day?

2. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Which iPod is it?
    My old iPod Shuffle used to get randomly corrupted for no reason, had to reset it a few times.

No such trouble with the Phone or Pad, though.

3. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Nope. It was just my iPod having a moment :p
    I unplugged and reset it; now everything is showing up fine.

Chewgumma likes this.
  4. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009

Steve Jobs was haunting it. :p

5. Admiral Volshe

Sep 2, 2012

A 160GB Classic. :)

No, my iPhone never did any of that. .

6. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    Now I just use my iPhone for the on the go music. 3-4GB is quite enough to keep me interested for a few months since I just listen to it when I'm on the move.
    I do remember how amazing those early, early players were.
    "Holy ****, you can fit 500 megabytes on that thing?!"

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  7. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    My music takes up half the storage space on my iPhone. I have about 7 GB worth.

I mostly use it when I'm working out, although I do look forward to eventually getting a car with an iPod dock so I can cancel Sirius XM.

8. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    It depends for me...I hate cord dangling out of my devices, so I cobbled together a bluetooth audio setup with velcro and random items for the car:

Picture One

Picture Two

9. Admiral Volshe

Sep 2, 2012
    I currently have about 12 GB of music on my iPod. I only really listen to half of it during a 6 month period.

We only have one car with an iPod dock, so we fight over who gets it. :p

10. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    I live on ~8GB for everything. I never have pictures nor music, so it makes everything easier.

11. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    My current iPhone is 16 gigabytes and I want to try and get a 32-GB for my next phone...I take a lot of photos/videos with it.

12. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    Most of my 32GB is taken by HD videos and photos. I stopped hoarding music on the device when I realised there I don't really need to have 500+ hours of songs when doing errands around this rather small city of ours, hah.
    I did do a total cleanup of the overall music collection a few months back. Jeez, the stuff I had in there, no idea how or why I even had it. Still standing at a comfortable 230GB of music total.

My bigger problem is HDD storage since I've already filled like...3-4 TB of archival stuff, hah. Also, since I work with video and often with huge image formats I must have at least 100GB constantly free as maneuvering space, so to say.

13. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    I signed up for iTunes Match when it began and just stream music when we want...it's surprisingly data-light.

14. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    Concerning streaming, I just hope that Netflix becomes available soon in this backwater country of ours.

15. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Where do you live?

16. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    There ain't no party like a non spoiler party because a non spoiler party.....................

I can't tell you why, that would be a spoiler

17. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    I have to admit: I hate my iPhone. It's always breaking! Now it won't let me go on Wifi, so I have to surf the web at a snail's pace. And the sound is broken so I can't even listen to music (or YouTube clips, or NPR--which is what I like to do at work!) at all. *sigh* It's like a glorified flip phone with 1996 dial up Internet. I can't wait until my contract expires in like six months so I can get a different phone.

I'm very bitter about this.

In fact, I"m surprised I'm not tempted to throw things while talking about it.

18. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    Serbia.

19. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
  20. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    Am I the only person in the world who cares about Disney making the Artemis Fowl movie? It feels like it. :(

21. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    That's the one about the one kid with the magical powers and fatherly mentor figure, right? :p

The Hellhammer likes this.
  22. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    I've never heard of Artemis Fowl. I do lead a sheltered life though

23. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009

No. Artemis Fowl is the one where the kid is a evil mastermind trying to break into a fairy underworld. Which is what's so interesting about Disney making this movie, the character kids would relate to is the villain at the start of the franchise. And when he does good deeds later in the series he's closer to Hannibal Lector than he is Harry Potter, he's in it for personal gain.

24. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    I vaguely recall reading Artemis Fowl back in 2nd Grade. It was way above my reading level, so I didn't like it much. Its cool Disney is making a film, but I am always worried about films which star child actors.

25. The Hellhammer

Nov 4, 2012
    DarthBoba Hmm, that looks interesting! Thanks! :)

As for Artemis Fowl... well, when I first heard of that years ago someone just kept saying Artemis this Artemis that Artemis Artemis etc. etc. At the time I was reading the Drizzt Do'Urden Forgotten Realms novels where you have this assassin called Artemis Entreri.
    The conversation went on rather lively for like 20 minutes before we realised that we were talking about completely different things.
    I still have no idea who this Fowl guy is. :p

DarthBoba likes this.