main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Getting to Know You EP 3- Ask a Question / Answer a Question.

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Adalia-Durron , Aug 11, 2018.

1. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Cry Macho with Clint Eastwood. It wasn't his best film, but it did keep my interest. Of course, it probably helped that I'm also a sucker for westerns. :p

Are you following the MLB playoffs?

2. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    With reservations, yes. My team (the Yankees) were eliminated early, and so far my only interest is rooting against the teams that I despise (you can probably guess one of them even without going to the MLB forum).

Are you a die-hard fan of any professional sports team?

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  3. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Yes, the Dallas Stars and Tampa Bay Lightning, both are NHL teams. I’m a closer NY Rangers fan, at times. :p

What is your favorite cocktail?

PCCViking likes this.
  4. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Long Island Iced Tea. Can you guess why (and it really has nothing necessarily to do with the ingredients)?

When was the last time you had a hangover?

5. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    18 years ago, Forth of July. It involved Malibu rum, and I’ll never drink that again. [face_sick]
    Long Island Iced Tea is yummy!

Do you bake Halloween sweets?

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  6. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    Bake or eat? :p Share a recipe and I may give it a try.

How will deep fakes affect us in the days to come in your opinion?

7. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Just have to hope the majority of people only follow what's been released through certifiable media; because otherwise people would be in for a rude awakening.

Where do you get most of your news from?

(btw @Lady Belligerent, the reason I like Long Island Iced Tea is because I'm from Long Island!) ;)

Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
  8. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    @Ahsoka's Tano I figured :)

I’m a current event junkie. I follow several media outlets - CNN, WAPO, NYT, BBC If I’m being honest I do enjoy a tabloid for entertainment purposes and I know it’s garbage stories. :p The Elvis sightings are always entertaining.

Do you believe in the Loch Ness Monster?

9. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I'm kind of a skeptic, actually. The only images shown are faded "head" shots off in the distance. It's certainly a conspiratorial tourist destination like Roswell, New Mexico.

Do you believe in UFOs?

10. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    I’m undecided, but recent details from pilots and video evidence is strong. It makes me lean towards yes, most days.

Are you superstitious? If, so then give an example.

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  11. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Not sure if it's superstitious, but I must have more than two eggs in the fridge. So I have a wooden darning egg that I leave there just in case we get down to one egg.........don't ask, cause I have NO idea why.

When did you wish for something and it happened but not that way you expected?

12. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Yes, but it ended up being a bad thing in the end, so bad.

I’m shoe shopping, what’s your favorite brand for athletic style shoes, must be comfortable for maybe wearing at Disney?

13. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    I've worn size 16 since the 8th grade, so most of my life my options were limited. Nike, Converse, etc. Currently I just do everything in a general hiking type shoe.

When's the last time you embarrassed yourself when speaking in front of others?

14. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Friday night, I was at a neighbor's place with a bunch of us standing around a campfire. We were talking about some people who were causing problems in the neighborhood and I mentioned somebody by name. Two of my friends made shushing gestures at me and pointed at someone who happened to have his back to me. I instantly realized that person was the husband of the person I was commenting about. DOH! [face_worried][face_sigh]

What do you do to recover from a faux pas or a gaffe?

15. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    Humor, of the self-deprecating variety. The universal tonic that cures all ills.

Favorite childhood Halloween memory?

Sarge and Lady Belligerent like this.
  16. Adella7

Adella7 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 8, 2016
    My favorite Halloween Memory is trick or treating at the mall years in the 1980's. It was long time ago back in my chilidhood.

What is your favorites Halloween treat ?

17. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    I’m all over the Sweet Tarts and Sour Patch Kids. Yum!

I’m considering a different hair color, should I go purple or dark blue?

PCCViking likes this.
  18. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    Go with purple. People might think you're Tonks from Harry Potter, especially if you say Wotcher. :p

If you could meet any Star Wars character, who would it be and why?

19. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Canon or Legends? ;) Legends it would be Jagged Fel, Canon I think I’d be tempted by Din Djarin. For Jagged I think my reason is obvious [face_love] he’s so badass. Din because he’s Mando and I want to hold Grogu. :p

What’s your favorites fandom after Star Wars?

20. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Well to be completely honest, SW isn't really the first among fandoms for me; that belongs to Studio Ghibli anime. I'm the admin of a Hayao Miyazaki group on Facebook with over 51K members.

Are you the administrator of any large groups outside of this forum?

21. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Yes, I am. I’m an administrator of a world wide group of patients, and their caregivers, of a rate autoimmune disease.

Do you like in store shopping, or do you prefer ordering online?

22. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Depends on what it is I'm shopping for. I live in the suburbs with access to my own car, so I'm fine with shopping at the local supermarkets for grocery stores, clothing, and even electronics (the latter of which I do mostly because I don't trust getting high value items delivered to my front porch). I use Amazon/Ebay/Etsy etc. for things not found in typical stores.

Do you use food service deliveries like "Fresh Direct" or just pick up groceries at the local supermarket/grocery store?

23. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Pick up groceries-I like the three of avoiding COVID and the exercise of running between food aisles

Do you prefer romance movies or action/adventure ones?

24. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    I like action adventure with a touch of romance! Just no unnecessary violence, I squirm and dislike that a lot.

Are you planning to decorate your house this Halloween?

25. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Partially. Some mums and pumpkins but nothing extravagant.

On Halloween, do you give out full candy bars are the mini ones