main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Getting to Know You EP 3- Ask a Question / Answer a Question.

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Adalia-Durron , Aug 11, 2018.

1. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I tend to stick with the things I'm familiar with, but every once and a while, I like to get adventurous. :p

What is the most exotic/strange food item that you have ever tried?

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  2. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    The best sandwich I ever had was roast moose tongue. It's nice and lean with a delicious flavor.

Is there something you really loved once but you doubt you'll ever have it or experience it ever again?

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  3. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    I had glass of a 70’s vintage Tattinger’s champagne, a friend’s dad paid. It was heaven in a glass, and I certainly wouldn’t buy a bottle of it.

What’s your favorite road trip destination?

HanSolo29 likes this.
  4. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Port Fairy Victoria, Australia. 6 hour drive and I know the place like the back of my hand, and love it. Its my escape, my haven.

Are there days when you know you have lots to do but the idea of staying it bed is very appealing to you?

5. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    That sounds like me on most days. I'm definitely not a morning person. :p

Are you typically an early riser or a night owl?

6. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Night owl all the way, I detest anything before 10. I do it, but I hate it.

Do you like wearing hats?

7. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    I love wearing hats and I have several.

Do you enjoy shoe shopping?

HanSolo29 likes this.
  8. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Not really, I hate finding out after I got them that they hurt after a while. I love boots though!! Winter is a good time!!

BIG ONE PEPSI MAX OR COKE NO SUGAR??

9. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    I don’t drink soda, so no to both. :p

Do you enjoy the sound of rain?

10. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Its currently pouring outside and I love it, and the smell.

What is your favourite season of the year?

11. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Summer. The lake is almost warm enough to swim in now. I was in last week for less than 5 minutes, it's still too cold for any more than that.

What is your favorite way to exercise?

12. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Walking or tap dancing are my top picks.

Tell us a hobby that no one would expect you to have?

HanSolo29 likes this.
  13. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Meteorology. I love the weather and learning everything I can about it. I follow predictor models and the radar on a regular basis, as well as live feeds from storm chasers when there's a severe weather outbreak. Part of me regrets that I didn't pursue it in college.

If you could have one job what would it be?

Sarge and Lady Belligerent like this.
  14. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Since I was not born into peerage, which takes Queen off the table, I’d be a private investigator. It’s very much an interest of mine. :p

What’s an unusual interest you have?

Last edited: May 25, 2022
    PCCViking , Sarge and HanSolo29 like this.
  15. Zyobot

Zyobot Jedi Padawan

May 23, 2022
    Reading bad fanfics, mostly for comedic value. (Well, that and listening to them, seeing as there's a guy on YouTube who specializes in narrating awful fics that'll make you puke through your eyes. [face_skull])

If you were reborn into the Star Wars universe, what species would you be?

16. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    I would be human or Chiss, and Sith.

Do your friends get your love for SW, or do they just ignore it?

HanSolo29 and Zyobot like this.
  17. Zyobot

Zyobot Jedi Padawan

May 23, 2022
    Most of 'em don't get it, though I wouldn't go so far as to say they ignore it, per se. (I had one classmate a ways back who even commented on how crystals were needed to build lightsabers, and the fact he remembered that really surprised me.)

Besides Star Wars, are there other franchises you're a fan of?

18. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Lord of the Rings and Trek are the big ones, Marvel is good for light fun, Firefly was going places until it was cancelled.

Which cancellation was the worst decision?

19. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Downton Abbey, it wasn’t cancelled, but I hated that it ended. :p

What is a valuable lesson you learned recently?

PCCViking and HanSolo29 like this.
  20. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Patience is a virtue? For over a year and a half I've had a broken 4K 43in TV listed on eBay for "Parts Only" and local pickup. I've had nips every so often, but they all turned out to be duds who were obviously too lazy to read the headline and description that the TV (that I was selling for $50) was BROKEN. But I just this past week I got one person who won and made the payment, so I'm expecting to finally be able to get rid of the TV sometime soon.

What was the largest thing you've ever sold on eBay?

21. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    I’m not sure if you mean largest sale or actual size of item. For largest sale, I had 24 silver goblets that I inherited. They weren’t my taste, and were a huge pain in the backside to keep polished. One buy took all of them and they sold for way over what I would have guessed. The next biggest sale was a Cartier ring that I never really liked, it sold for more than it retailed for.

Do you have any travel plans coming up?

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  22. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Next year I plan a big trip to Europe and the UK, been saving for years for it! Talked to my travel companion today about starting the wheels in motion!
    So if you are over there, and wanna say hi, PM me and will see what I can do!

Have you ever attended a Pagan Winter Solstice Ball? (I am tonight in costume, should be a hoot!)

23. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I've once attended an Agnostic Summer Equinox Ball (j/k). Tbh I've never actually heard of that type of Ball before. Ballroom dances aren't really my thing; at least for now.

How well of a dancer do you consider yourself to be?

24. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I used to dance Ballet, Modern Jazz, Tap and Flamenco...............used to dance in a restaurant on a Friday and Saturday night.......and I taught Ballet to little girls for a while, so yeah, I think I can dance :p

Do you have a singing voice?

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  25. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Yes, if singing badly counts.

What do you love to do even though you're not very good at it?