main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Getting To Know You Thread... What Did You Do Yesterday?

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by A Chorus of Disapproval , Oct 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Yesterday, I...

Went outside to survey the damage. Then, I came inside, heard the terrible news, and wondered why Sandy just didn't wipe Gettysburg clean off the map.

2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Sorry that Episode 7 has caused you so much damage. I can only imagine that FEMA can't help...

thesevegetables and TrakNar like this.
  3. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Yeah, the destruction was just utterly horrible. However, I did some cleanup and repairs and things aren't so bad right now.

Yesterday, I...

Dealt with pain in my left kidney. I'm still dealing with pain in my left kidney.

4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Sorry to hear about the damage and the kidney. What is going on with your kidney? Unless it's private...

Yesterday I... Accomplished quite a bit, while simultaneously pulling off the feat of remaining actively logged in on here for close to 20-22 hours. :p Got a lot of work done on a page I really needed to finish on a comic job and (on here) caught up with a large number of oldbie friends who suddenly reemerged due to there being a new film to discuss. Oh... and I clearly changed my name after 9 years. I was out & about, but was on here via my phone to make sure WNU was covered during those hours. Bloated myself at Panera bread and ignored everyone I was out with so I could concentrate my attention on my anonymous online SW themed social life. Did some shopping and bought a new record. Stopped down at my other place of employment to update some files and bulletin boards which I did not get to do during Sandygeddon. Met for some tea with friends last night while ignoring them to be on here. I was socially present amongst them long enough to lambast someone for putting cream on top of their tea. Cream. In tea. Barbarians...

5. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Possibly a kidney stone. The pain has subsided for the most part, and I've been increasing my fluid intake to flush it out.

Yesterday, I...

Cleaned my kitchen floor. I also scanned some things.

6. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Yesterday... I worked, went horse riding, watched a bit tv, was here a bit and went to sleep. Should have done more sports... but I was too lazy. :p

7. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Yesterday... in terms of the day before and not before midnight... I didn't do much of anything worthy of note.

Yesterday... in terms of before midnight... I cleaned my kitchen and bathroom.

8. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Now, I know what I forgot yesterday. :p

9. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Yesterday...

I went to my nephew's fifth birthday.

Then today... I looked in my sink and realized that I need to once again do a bunch of dishes because my brother came over and dirtied three bowls!

10. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Yesterday I... Hosted a few of the local lads who have done work for Marvel in their careers and had an Amazing Spiderman viewing party. The weather was lovely, so we walked down to South Street and ordered chinese food. I was in a mood for some bok choy.

thesevegetables likes this.
  11. thesevegetables

thesevegetables Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 11, 2012
    Yesterday...this sock came into being.

TrakNar likes this.
  12. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    A day well spent, then...

13. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Yesterday...

...I practiced flourishing with my kendo sword (since I don't want to accidentally break my lightsaber). Now I have blister on my hand where the leather on the hilt rubbed it raw. I'll need to soften it up...

14. thesevegetables

Nov 11, 2012
    How are your ceiling lights?

15. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    Twas my birthday the other day. Not exactly yesterday, but it still carried over into yesterday, with drinking and movies

Fun, fun,fun

16. thesevegetables

Nov 11, 2012
    Fixed it for you.

17. Darth_Kiryan

Mar 13, 2009
    i don't follow.....:confused:

18. thesevegetables

Nov 11, 2012

19. Darth_Kiryan

Mar 13, 2009
    Ah. i see.

20. Emperor Von Schweetz

Emperor Von Schweetz Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 12, 2012
    Yesterday, I got 6 or 7 hours to myself. My dad had Quadruple Bypass Surgery last week, and my mom and little sister went with him to his doctor's appointment. I spent the entire time snuggling by the fireplace with my dog, watching the three prequels. The most active I was was when I made some macaroni and cheese.
    When they came home, I introduced my little sister to Clone Wars (she's too young for Star Wars). Then my older sister and niece came over, and we played monopoly.

Today, I got 7 hours to myself again while the others were in another city. I listened to the original three as I spent the day in the kitchen, baking/decorating a Spongebob cake for my sister's 6th birthday, and making her birthday dinner (stuffing, and mashed potatoes).

I lead an interesting life.

21. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Sorry to hear about your dad. Glad to hear it sounds like there was a positive resolution there, though.

22. Emperor Von Schweetz

Emperor Von Schweetz Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 12, 2012
    Thank-you, Chorus.
    Yes, he's doing well. The doctors are surprised at how fast he's recovering, which is always a good thing. :)

23. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    They're fine. I practiced outside.

24. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Good to hear. Prayers can provide some shocking results.

25. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    I took a long sleep, did a bit sports and shopping. What a girl does on a day off! :p

What did you do yesterday?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.