main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Getting To Know You Thread... What Did You Do Yesterday?

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by A Chorus of Disapproval , Oct 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheRynJedi

TheRynJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 20, 2018
    There is an epic dinner show called Medieval Times in Las Vegas and a few other touristy places like that. They serve a "medieval" dinner with just a knife and spoon as utensils, 'cause "that's how it was in dose days, they hadn't invented forks yet"; while actors in armor have swordfights and other medieval stuff:
    https://www.medievaltimes.com/

Kinda fun, not really worth the price, food definitely not worth the price. I'd rather go to my local Renaissance Faire (it's one of the biggest in the US).

Edit: looking at their website, they've closed the Vegas one... But there's like 15 other cities to see it in!

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
  2. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    No, that's my old bow. Got three, ones garbage. Gave my first one to my son and went up to 35lb, the new one is smaller and 28lb so a lot easier to pull back and hold. Son still struggles at 30lbs.

Yesterday I also watched Top Gun and two episodes of the BBCs Musketeers.

Sent from my X Wing via sub space.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
  3. Khalia Octa

Khalia Octa Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 2018
    I don't think I've visited here before, so now seems like a good time.
    ....what did I do yesterday? Ah, yes.
    Yesterday I went down to a super nice beach in a national park. We walked along there for a while, and I took a heap of pictures on my phone. I can try and upload some later. It was surprisingly warm down there too, because it's winter for me (well, and others :p). The beach was riddled with tons of driftwood and rocks that you had to climb over or crawl under, which made the walk more interesting. And then after we finished our walk we went and had some ice cream :D

4. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    Yesterday I drove my family to the airport at 5am. Or was that today? I call my dad the "2 sips left" king. All over my place, including my car and my porch are sodas, coffees, waters, and Gatoraides with 2 sips left. My house looks like the house at the end of Signs. Maybe he know something I don't. ]-}

5. TheRynJedi

Jun 20, 2018
    Yesterday I did laundry, played with my kids, watched way too many kids movies (Lego Batman, The Incredibles, ) snuck in an episode of Rebels, did a bit of writing, and picked out clothes for my family for the portraits we're having done today.

Wish me luck, I'm going to do a portrait studio session with a 6.5 year old boy and 3.5 year old boy/girl twins...

(In case you're curious, we did briefly consider naming them Like & Leia, but decided not to be quite that obvious. Besides, we'd already decided years ago that if we ever had a girl we'd name her Arwen, yeah, we're still geeks... But they have been Luke and Leia for Halloween and a trip to Salt Lake Comic Con:
    [​IMG]

She had this knitted yarn hat with Leia buns that she wouldn't keep on while she was awake, and a plushie R2, he had a plushie Yoda.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
  6. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
  7. Voss Fulris

Voss Fulris Jedi Master star 3

Jun 30, 2018
    So cute :) Good luck with the portraits!

8. TheRynJedi

Jun 20, 2018
    This is Arwen on SW Day this year:
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

9. ThisIsMe1138

ThisIsMe1138 Chosen One star 6

Jun 26, 2018
    Let's see... yesterday I read a lot, actually didn't write (Wow.) ALTHOUGH I did paint myself a room to write in (black is bad for the imagination, apparently). It's going to be light blue, but it's white right now. Oh, and my second cousin was born last night, while i was watching RotJ :D

10. Khalia Octa

Jun 23, 2018
  11. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Went to the Yankees/Mets Subway Series game yesterday at Yankee Stadium. As usual the worst part of my day when I go to Yankee Stadium is the commute in the City. There's few things more annoying when you're riding a crowded subway train for about 25 minutes or so.

12. TheRynJedi

Jun 20, 2018
    It's 3:49 AM and I am going to be walking in a parade for 3 hours in the morning (local holiday, they asked for Scouts and Scouter volunteers to carry banners, so my hubby and I volunteered) and I can't sleep... Ugh.

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Read some of my required reading for college and was almost late for work.

14. TheRynJedi

Jun 20, 2018
    And, hubby woke up sick, so we're not going to help with the parade. I hope they had enough people show up. Going to try to sleep now, but kids are up, we'll see how it goes...

15. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Hope he feels better soon!

Took the dog to the vet, got her shots and a physical. She's exceptionally healthy for a 13 year old dog, very strong heart and lungs! She's on probiotics though for her upset tummys. Then cleaned husbands office with my Son and he made me laugh so hard I could have had an accident. He's a fun kid. Had a friend drop over and give me a gift he won last week in a raffle that I'd expressed interest in. Said he'd never use it and knew I would as I told him my nephew would love it. It was a full sized electric guitar CD Player, my nephew is a guitarist. Its bright red and looks so cool and Now I Hope my nephew will love it for his 18th in January.

16. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Took my favorite niece to see Antman and the Wasp. We've seen a lot of Marvel movies together. SW too.

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Walked about 10,000 steps at work today. Playing with kids really does give you a workout.

Khalia Octa and ThisIsMe1138 like this.
  18. ThisIsMe1138

ThisIsMe1138 Chosen One star 6

Jun 26, 2018
    Do they wanna get carried 24/7? Based on experience I would say that's usually what ends up happening :p

19. Khalia Octa

Jun 23, 2018
    =D=[face_dancing] Well done! Do you have some sort of watch that counts your steps?

A few days ago I went horse riding down the coast! It was a super nice day for it, and the riding school was much better than the one I went to before. I rode a cute Appaloosa x Welsh Highlander called Spotty. He is a great horse, but is a bit jealous of other horses and tried to bite the one behind him :p

20. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Walked 30,000+ steps yesterday, and last Wednesday, walked over 32,000.

Also, changed 16 coke syrup boxes because my...lazy...co-worker from the night before didn't. :mad:

21. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Cleaned the house, dusted and did some washing. Didn't leave the house and wondered for the millionth time when I will get the energy to clean my sewing room!

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  22. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    Left Addie's house and wondered for the millionth time when will she get the energy to clean her sewing room!

:p

23. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    You make me laugh so much mate..... [face_laugh][face_rofl]

24. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I worked yesterday. That's all :(

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  25. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Check engine light came on again after an hour of driving, same trouble code, air leak between throttle body and intake valve. I've already checked all the easy stuff, so it looks like I'll have to pull the intake manifold off to fix it. Time for more greasy fingernails. Should be easier this time since I just did that a week ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.