main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends GFFA Hums - SW/Pooh Crossover - 11/23 Updated with a very special hum for Artoo

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Tahi, Apr 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Thanks, padawan. LOL Sounds funny to say that. And thanks for liking them. :)

In honour of Lurkers' Appreciation Week . . .Kia Ora to any closet Pooh fans who happen to be lurking. Be brave - throw off your Pooh mufflers and bounce like Tigger into a big DELURK.

Cyber hugs and elevenses to you all. :) Or would you prefer cyber haycorns?

2. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    *delurks*

I love this! :D Very creative, especially Boom, which is probably my favorite so far. :)

3. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Woohoo!
    [Captain Neider voice]My first catch of the day[/Captain Neider Voice]

Thanks for delurking jedi_of_ennth :) And so glad you enjoy these. They are meant to be a bit of fun and fluff. :)

4. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Great news. My wonderful friend who has done illustrations for my At the Oasis series, and some of my parodies in The Kae Kwaad Album, has done some pencil sketches for these hums - a little in the tradition of the original Pooh pics by E. H. Shepard.

The first series are here
    and the second are here
    :)

5. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Love them.

6. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Hee hee - aren't they cool? How I wish I could draw.

7. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    I cannot draw at all. My cousin passed me in ability by the time she was five with stick figures. :p

8. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    LOL I know what you mean. I can see pictures in my head - but they never come out like it when I try to draw it. I guess it's a gift.

9. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    It must be.

10. Jaded_Girl

Jaded_Girl Jedi Master star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    Oh I love this one! I said it before, I'll say it again: You have a gift! :D

(And thanks to YodaKenobi and the rest for the AotC hint! Can't believe I missed it! [face_blush] )

I'll have you know, Tahi, that thanks to this thread I am now adding the Pooh books to my bookshelf collection! (Found two lovely commemorative editions at a used bookstore!) [face_love]

Up! :D

11. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Hi again, Jaded_Girl. :) Aww thanks. My husband says I have a gift, too - for getting into trouble. :D

I'll have you know, Tahi, that thanks to this thread I am now adding the Pooh books to my bookshelf collection! (Found two lovely commemorative editions at a used bookstore!)
    [rubs hands happily] My job is done. Heh heh. And lucky you finding commemorative editions. :) They are rather beautiful.

I hope to have some more of these soon. :)

Thanks guys for the nominations for the SFFA. :) You are a bunch of sweeties. :)

12. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Thank you to all the people who nominated these in the SFFA. :) You are all very kind. Have a special cyber jar of honey on me. ;)

13. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    Tahi , I guess I missed more than I thought! Sorry! [:D]
    The last few were so cute... I especially liked the spoof on the King's Breakfast! [face_laugh] How do you remember all these little details?
    Also loved thinking about the look on the owner of the missing speeder... poor guy! ;)

14. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Hi there, TSF. :) Don't worry - my posting schedule at present is spasmodic. (Emphasis on the spasm bit.) ;)

I keep pretty much to the originals for structure and patterning, so I work with the original in front of me when I'm writing my spoof version.

LOL I was visualising the poor speeder owner's face, too, as I was writing. I get the same look when I come out of the supermarket and can't remember where I've parked my car. :D

15. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Okay - this one is really silly. But it's not my fault. Repeated exposure to Monty Pyhton's Holy Grail has finally driven me over the edge. 8-}

[Based on "Bad Sir Brian Botany"]

Malevolent Master Maul
    (A what-comes-around-goes-around kind of poem made by a moralistic reader under the dastardly influence of Monty Python.)

Darth Maul had a lightsaber with two great blades on;
    He'd really wanted purple, but his master ordered red.
    Although he tried to deal with it, it made him throw a hissy fit.
    He raged around the Palace, and this is what he said:
    "I am Darth Maul!" (snap-hiss)
    "I am Darth Maul!" (ker-splat)
    "I'm a Knight of Ni, and I want a shrubbery --
    Take that! --and that! --and that!"

Darth Maul had a swoop bike with CVIs on,
    A present from his mum for passing Sith101.
    On Coruscant and Dantooine, and on the sands of Tatooine,
    He'd zoom around the populace and zap them just for fun.
    "I am Darth Maul!" (ping-ping)
    "I am Darth Maul!" (got one!)
    "I am Darth Maul and I'm having a ball --
    And I fart in your general direction!"

Darth Maul went a journey and met his nemesis;
    He rather went to pieces on distant Naboo.
    The funeral unfortunately quite confused his family,
    For Maul's plot was allotted not just one hole - but two.

"Never do things by halves!
    Remember to keep your head.
    And Knights of Ni - stay in your shrubbery!
    Or, like Maul, you'll end up dead!"

16. Knight_Aragorn

Knight_Aragorn Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2003
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] That was great! I can definitely see the Monty Python influence. 8-} :p I really liked the other poems as well, and the artwork. :D Keep up the great work, Tahi!

17. Jaded_Girl

Jaded_Girl Jedi Master star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    OH MY GOSH! That rocked!! [face_laugh] And I JUST READ the original poem! :D :D :D

Loved the Python too! Honestly now, is it possible to go wrong with Python? I don't think so. [face_mischief]

This was terrific, but I've become addicted! I must have another poem! Or I shall set upon you the most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered rodent you ever set eyes on, until death comes to you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth! *makes odd, thoroughly unintimidating "teeth" gesture in front of mouth*

:p

Love it as usual! Up! ^_^

18. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    [face_laugh]

That's impressive! You've managed to work in multiple spoofs in one poem! =D= [face_laugh]

19. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Knight_Aragorn
    That was great! I can definitely see the Monty Python influence.
    [Palpy voice]It is my destiny to keep endlessly recycling Pythonisms.[/Palpy voice] Oops, I almost forgot the Mwahahaha. ;)

Thanks K_A - and I'll pass on your appreciation of the artwork to the artiste. :)

Jaded_Girl
    OH MY GOSH! That rocked!!
    Aww - thanks.

And I JUST READ the original poem!
    Yay! :)

is it possible to go wrong with Python? I don't think so.
    Python rules the world. Heh heh

but I've become addicted!
    Hugs, not drugs. :D

I must have another poem! Or I shall set upon you the most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered rodent you ever set eyes on, until death comes to you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth! *makes odd, thoroughly unintimidating "teeth" gesture in front of mouth*
    Gaaaah!
    [Tahi runs from the monstrous malevolent mouse which is making malicious masticating motions with its mouldy molars. Suddenly her Monty Python thesaurus kicks in, and she remembers the famous French Taunt, adjusts it slightly to suit the occasion, then turns bravely to face the foe:]

Ha! You don't frighten me, English mouse-boy. Go and boil your bottom, son of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called rodent king. Your father was a hamster and your mother smelt of elderberries.

Hee hee. :D

TSF
    That's impressive! You've managed to work in multiple spoofs in one poem!
    I fink I got a bit muddled! Me brain ain't working proply. ;)

20. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    [face_laugh] The Monty Python references are great!

21. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    [face_laugh] Love the Monty Python references! :D

Darth Maul went a journey and met his nemesis;
    He rather went to pieces on distant Naboo.
    The funeral unfortunately quite confused his family,
    For Maul's plot was allotted not just one hole - but two.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

22. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    Tahi: :eek: :D =D= :cool: :D [face_laugh] =D= :eek:

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

That was great!! :D

- The Imperial Ewok

But why do I get an echo of Masefield's "distant Ophir" in "distant Naboo"... /:) :-? :p -TMCE

23. NenYim

NenYim Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

You know, being under the influence of Monty Python isn't such a bad thing...

24. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    goddess
    Love that Python.

jedi_of_ennth
    Another Pythoner - excellent. :) [rubs hands a la Mr Burns]

Thrawn

Thankee. :)
    But why do I get an echo of Masefield's "distant Ophir" in "distant Naboo"
    Ooh! I wonder. [scratches chin] Have I accidentally crossed with Masefield as well. :D

NenYim
    You know, being under the influence of Monty Python isn't such a bad thing...
    It sure helps face the day. :) It also provides useful life skills - like how to argue, and how to establish if a person is a witch or not. :)

25. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Just made a slight correction to the Grand Theft Speeder poem. A lurker friend pointed out that Padme's rooms were at 500 Republica and not at the Senate. So - the subtitle has been edited accordingly. :) Please - anybody else who notices mistakes, don't be afraid to comment. Critique is useful and very much appreciated. :)

A Thrawn poem is on the way BTW. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.