main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Ghost -- ESB AU (Han/Leia/Obi-Wan/Qui-Gon/Luke) UPDATE 3/13 Chapter 11

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by IrishEyedJedi, Jul 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    [face_laugh]I don't know how you do it, Leah! You take an idea that sounds -well, weird and make it interesting. No, more than interesting. Fascinating. =D=

Guess I have to say it now:

You were Right. I was Wrong.[face_blush]:p

Now on to the good stuff: I loved, loved the way Ben introduced himself! And the fact that Leia couldn't automatically see Han as the 'solid'(?) Force Ghost, but only fading in and out or hear him.

Gah. You even have me distrusting Lando, you know.

Han: when I still had a body??? [face_laugh]

This really is a excellent idea and I can't wait to see where you go with it.

Z

2. IrishEyedJedi

IrishEyedJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 24, 2005

Exeter - Well, you already know what I think about this opening chapter, but I'm really tired so I'll just go ahead and say that it's an awesome concept. I did a double take when I found out that Han is dead and talking to Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan.

Great idea, Leah! Let me know when you update.
    ?- Yes you poor thing. I think we debated over the logistics of the Force for a good two hours ? LOL. Thank you for reading my crazy ideas

kimmi - Wow. I like this idea too. Very original. Let me know when you update. ?- Thank you so much, I do tend to love the AU. My plot bunny barn is chalk full of crazy stuff.

WILFBIRD - This seems a really cool idea. Looking forward to reading more. ?- Thank you for reading, glad you enjoyed it.

Healer_Leona - He had made no secret about his feelings towards her, but professing them might cause her irreparable damage, something he could not live with even in the after life.

Aww, such compassion.

?You?re dead Han,? Obi Wan?s voice startled him. ?You died during the freezing process.?

Noooo!!!!

This is going to be an exciting read! Might I ask for PM updates?
    ?- Of course you can have a PM! Thank you for stopping by and checking it out, hopefully I can keep it exciting.

Golden_Jedi - OMG! You hooked me from the first paragraph, you know. Poor Han! I can't wait to read the rest. Put me on the PM list, please! ? Yeah! I can always tell if I?ve done a good job when the H/L shippers come out. Thanks for reading!

WynssaStarflare - Great job!!! I love this concept and can't wait to see where you go with it! ?- Thank you Ms. Beta! ;)

dlh1970 - Great opening chapter. I love the whole concept. ?- Thank you so much!

stormqueen874 - And here you were worried about posting it. Told you it wasn't too corny!

Great job, Irish, with this beginning. It's an interesting twist; you know that Harrison Ford actually wanted Han to die at this point? When I heard that in an interview, I just couldn't believe my ears.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to see where this goes, and how having Han there in both ghost form (and his younger form who doesn't know anything) changes things!

Could you PM me when you update, please?

Stormqueen
    ?- I did see that interview. I think it was in Empire Of Dreams ? glad GL didn?t listen to him!

Noelie - I like this idea! Very cool. ?- Thank you!

RebelMom - Interesting concept. Please put me on your PM list if you have one. ?- I do have a list and you?re on it! Thank you for stopping by and reading!

PonyTricks - So Han died, and then was sent back in time ... alive? To change the past, and prevent Leia from being captured? Hmmm ... ?- No Han?s dead and as far as changing events well . . . Qui-Gon will have a few words on that subject.

Araxie - Oh I like this. PM me updates if you would please. ?- I shall PM you, thanks for reading!

KELIA - WOW - what an amazing beginning!

I love the concept of Han being able to go back in time and Leia can see him!

If you have a PM list, can you please add me?

I'm really looking forward to more
    ?- Thank you so much, I was worries this might be a little corny, because it?s a Romance/Mystery story. Glad you like it so far.

Liesl - Another great AU! I can't wait to read what Han does in the past to help the future.

And if there's a PM list, please add this padawan.
    ?- Ya on the list kiddo! Thanks for stopping by!

LadyPadme - Wow...this is an unusual and unique premise. Cool start! -- :eek: Thank you so much, means a lot coming from a fellow H/L shipper. [face_blush]

TigerofRobare - Obi-wan, Qui-gon, and Han. He's definately going to prefer the Seven Hells to those two. ?- LOL no kidding! They?re gonna drive him insane, though I think he an Qui-Gon will get along.

DarthIshtar - Exquisite start, Master! ?-

3. IrishEyedJedi

Apr 24, 2005

WOW I'm very humbled with all of the responses I got from this opening post. Hopefully I keep it up so you guys keep coming back! Always worried when you start off with a bang that you might fizzel out :p

Anyway, here the next chapter, if you wanna be added to the PM list just give me a holla!

Chapter 1

Han continued to stare at the Princess in disbelief that she could see him. He opened his mouth to speak, but how do you introduce yourself as a spirit. She would think he was crazy. The smuggler began to realize he had his work cut out for him. He didn?t know why he was sent back two years, but he at least knew there were a few changes he could make along the way.

?Well it?s kinda complicated. Ya see I?m ? ?

?Mistress Leia!?

Even in the past the droid had no sense of timing. Han watched as the Princess turned and began to talk with 3PO. Standing up, the smuggler felt that maybe he should wait and explain what he was until they were in a more private setting. After all, she would look like she was talking to thin air, and though the image made Han inwardly laugh, he guessed it wouldn?t help her role as a leader if people thought she was crazy.

?Now you were say ? ?

It was obvious in her mannerisms that she could not see him any more, even though he was right in front of her.

?You?re beginning to get the hang of it,? the Jedi?s voice mused behind him.

Han turned to see Qui-Gon standing alone.

?Getting the hang of what?? Han asked as he stood next to Leia.

?When you want the Princess to see you, you have to focus. You have to want her to see you. You were beginning to have doubts about it so you disappeared,? Qui-Gon explained.

Han looked back down at the Princess. ?So if I want her to see me, I just think that??

?Quite simple isn?t it??

Han nodded before he strolled over to him ?Where?s your buddy??

?Obi-Wan is still alive at this point in time,? he stated simply.

?So am I?? Han added while checking over his shoulder to see where the Princess was.

?You are not Force sensitive.?

Han?s face fell flat, ?You?ve mentioned that.?

?Why don?t we go for a walk,? Qui-Gon said while gesturing towards the door. ?There is much to discuss.?

Han hesitated as he turned back to watch the Princess work.

?She?s not going anywhere,? the Jedi said softly, an understanding in his voice.

?Yeah,? Han grumbled. ?And neither am I.?

The two men headed for the door, Qui-Gon never flinched as he allowed beings to walk right through him while Han still made a conscious effort to get out of the way. Luckily the hallways weren?t as crowded which allowed them to walk at a leisurely pace

?First I must apologies for sending you back so far, it was not my intention,? he said calmly.

Han scratched the back of his head. ?I was kinda figuring two weeks, not years.?

?With your limited ability in the Force, Obi-Wan and I had to help move you back in time. I fear trying to move you forward is out of the question,? Qui-Gon regretfully said.

Han stopped dead in his tracks ?You?re telling me I gotta relive the last two years?!?

?I?m sorry. Since we couldn?t control just how far back you went, moving you forward could prove to be disastrous. You might see events that weren?t meant to happen,? Qui-Gon seemed very serious about the matter.

?Speaking of events,? he continued. ?You must not interfere with what is about to happen.?

Han tried to look innocent. ?I uh ? I don?t know what you?re talking about.?

The Jedi?s eyes narrowed before a small smirk appeared. ?I know you might be tempted to warn her about Alderaan, but you can not interfere. That planet?s destruction marks a great shift in the war against the Empire. Many will come to the Rebellions aide because of it.?

?You don?t know what it will do to her,? Han begged.

?She will have you,? the Jedi paused. ?Take this as an opportunity to make up for lost time. For all those fights and words you wish you could tak

4. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    ?Go ahead, I?m telling you to shoot me,? Han continued to say with a smile. ?What are you afraid of??

?Afraid?

Han stopped as he began to remember their moment on the Falcon. ?You?re trembling,? he voice was strained

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh.... [face_love] Poor Han!

5. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Jedi are always talking in riddles and puzzles - nothing straight. I think Leia was a bit overwhelmed there.

6. stormqueen874

stormqueen874 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2005
    Yay, yay, yay! An update! :D This is shaping up to be a great story, Irish, and I loved Leia's reaction to Han. Who wouldn't faint at the sight of a ghost, even a friendly one? I know I would; heck, I'd probably scream like a banshee and run as fast as possible in the opposite direction. I hope Leia comes around soon; her future conversations with Han are going to be incredibly interesting, I just know it!

?You want me to gain her trust, tell her I?m a future friend, that needs her help in preventing my own death. If she asks about the future, I?ll have to change topics. I shouldn?t appear to her around other Force nerfs, and in case of an emergency, I will finally explain to her what our real relationship is?? Han said all in one breathe.

Qui-Gon patted him on the back. ?Exactly.?

Han just rolled his eyes. ?Great.?

[face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh] Aw, poor Han. He's certainly got his work cut out for him, doesn't he?

I eagerly await the next update, Irish, so keep me on that PM list! :D

Stormqueen

7. dlh1970

dlh1970 Jedi Youngling

Jun 9, 2005
    Great update. Something tells me that Han is going to have a very hard time watching Leia get interrogated by Vader. He may even have to break the rules and show himself to Vader.

8. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    That's one tall order Qui Gon gave him! Loved the re-take on the kiss scene from ESB, without the kiss, of course! Poor Leia, never took her for a fainter!

So, Han's going to have to watch everything that happens to Leia, and do nothing about it? I don't know... that sounds very difficult! Let's see if he actually pulls it off.

9. Araxie

Araxie Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2006
    ?You want me to gain her trust, tell her I?m a future friend, that needs her help in preventing my own death. If she asks about the future, I?ll have to change topics. I shouldn?t appear to her around other Force nerfs, and in case of an emergency, I will finally explain to her what our real relationship is?? Han said all in one breathe.

That was priceless. For a Jedi, you know they just seem to figure out how to do things. Poor Han, he is going to have to be mighty creative to do all of this. [face_laugh][face_laugh]

I love the interaction with Bail, that was very sweet.

10. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000

Uhh, yep. That's it in a nutshell. [face_laugh]

Wow, Leia fainted??? :eek: Love the interaction of all the characters. Han and Qui-Gon, Han and Leia. :X

Very nice post. :D :D

11. anakin_luver

anakin_luver Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2005
    [face_laugh] i loved how Han realized being shot was not a problem and plastered on his beautiful little smirk ;)

R2! wow...i wonder if he has a part in this bigger picture...

i definitely feel sorry for Han as well...many rules to being a Force ghost.

loved the update! and i most certianly can't wait to see what happens when Leia wakes up and sees one and only sitting by her bed. :D

great job so far!

12. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Great update!

She's never going to believe him. Especially after they meet for real.

13. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

Wow...all these rules that Han has to follow...how painful for him that Leia doesn't even know who he is and he not only loves her but is dead! Talk about angst! :p

And very nice recreation of the Falcon kiss dialogue ;)

14. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    What a great idea, Irish! Han died in the carbone freeze, but at the hands of deviuosly clever killer. I like seeing Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon trying to deal with Han. There couldn't be more differences.

Strangely, although there is a mystery to be solved, I see this 2 year experience as a humbling one for Han. Seeing Leia speak to her father already affected him. We'll see what happens. Yes, we will.

Add me to the PM list if there is one!

15. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Loved the banter between Han and Leia.

He certainly isn't in an enviable position! Of course, it's going to get much worse once Vader shows up...

Even in the past the droid had no sense of timing

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

loved the bit of humor you worked in!

=D= =D= =D= =D=

16. sweetheart68

sweetheart68 Jedi Youngling

Jul 8, 2006
    Poor Han! Things are going to get very difficult for him when they meet for real.
    Great chapter, put me on the PM list please!
    =D= =D= =D=

17. starwarsfan68

starwarsfan68 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2003
    Loved it. Of course he'd tell her to shoot him, typical Han. Love that R2 can see him too. I just hope he can follow Qui's requests without messing things up!

18. kimmi

kimmi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 15, 2004
    This is fantabulous

19. sdhfs

sdhfs Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004

great story, pm me with the next update please.

20. JediMormon

JediMormon Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 23, 2006
    I liked Leia's conversation with her father, her eagerness to do so kinda reminded me of Anakin. Han telling her to just shoot him, that was priceless! Pity she had to faint, but I'm looking forward to seeing more conversations between her and Han soon. So R2 can see Han as well? That's the first time I've heard of a droid being able to detect midi-chlorians, an interesting twist. Looking forward to your next update!

~ The Mormon Jedi

21. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    Great first chapter. And I thought I made things difficult for Han in the afterlife! You're putting the poor guy through his paces in this one! :eek:

?When you want the Princess to see you, you have to focus. You have to want her to see you. You were beginning to have doubts about it so you disappeared,? Qui-Gon explained.

This is understandable. In ghost literature, what determines how much one sees of an apparition depends upon how much physical energy they have to draw upon. It's always presumed the ghost would take much of their energy from the living person/people around it. But I think it makes sense that the ghost would have to use much of their own energy in the endeavor. Especially if you're dealing with a conscious entity with a purpose.

It was even harder to handle knowing she wouldn?t have more of them.

Ah, yes, the eternal quandry of time-travel. See everything, do nothing. I hate that.

22. IrishEyedJedi

Apr 24, 2005

Golden_Jedi - ?Go ahead, I?m telling you to shoot me,? Han continued to say with a smile. ?What are you afraid of??

?Afraid?

Han stopped as he began to remember their moment on the Falcon. ?You?re trembling,? he voice was strained

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh.... Poor Han!
    -- Poor Han indeed, he's gonna have to watch all the mistakes with the Princess and then hear about them from Leia. [face_laugh]

RebelMom - Jedi are always talking in riddles and puzzles - nothing straight. I think Leia was a bit overwhelmed there. -- Yeah just a bit, I'd be overwhelmed myself. And those Jedi are gonna have their hands full with Han.

stormqueen874 - Yay, yay, yay! An update! This is shaping up to be a great story, Irish, and I loved Leia's reaction to Han. Who wouldn't faint at the sight of a ghost, even a friendly one? I know I would; heck, I'd probably scream like a banshee and run as fast as possible in the opposite direction. I hope Leia comes around soon; her future conversations with Han are going to be incredibly interesting, I just know it!

Qui-Gon patted him on the back. ?Exactly.?

Han just rolled his eyes. ?Great.?

Aw, poor Han. He's certainly got his work cut out for him, doesn't he?

I eagerly await the next update, Irish, so keep me on that PM list!

Stormqueen
    -- Yeah I already have several funny and sad moments that will happen as a result of Han having to re-watch/partake in the events again. It will be good!

dlh1970 - Great update. Something tells me that Han is going to have a very hard time watching Leia get interrogated by Vader. He may even have to break the rules and show himself to Vader. -- Yes, Han is going to have a VERY hard time watching Vader interrogate her and he might be tempted to step in [face_batting] but I'm not saying.

dm1 - That's one tall order Qui Gon gave him! Loved the re-take on the kiss scene from ESB, without the kiss, of course! Poor Leia, never took her for a fainter!

So, Han's going to have to watch everything that happens to Leia, and do nothing about it? I don't know... that sounds very difficult! Let's see if he actually pulls it off.
    -- See that's the question. WILL Han be able to restrain himself . . . [face_devil]

Araxie - ?You want me to gain her trust, tell her I?m a future friend, that needs her help in preventing my own death. If she asks about the future, I?ll have to change topics. I shouldn?t appear to her around other Force nerfs, and in case of an emergency, I will finally explain to her what our real relationship is?? Han said all in one breathe.

That was priceless. For a Jedi, you know they just seem to figure out how to do things. Poor Han, he is going to have to be mighty creative to do all of this.

I love the interaction with Bail, that was very sweet.
    -- Yes, these first couple chapters are really gonna open up Han's eyes to the potential he had with Leia if they started out on the right foot.

Healer_Leona - ?You want me to gain her trust, tell her I?m a future friend, that needs her help in preventing my own death. If she asks about the future, I?ll have to change topics. I shouldn?t appear to her around other Force nerfs, and in case of an emergency, I will finally explain to her what our real relationship is?? Han said all in one breathe.

Uhh, yep. That's it in a nutshell.

Wow, Leia fainted??? Love the interaction of all the characters. Han and Qui-Gon, Han and Leia.

Very nice post.
    -- Why thank you, Han and Qui-Gon will be an interesting pair. Especially if Han disobeys.

anakin_luver - i loved how Han realized being shot was not a probl

23. IrishEyedJedi

Apr 24, 2005

Hey folks, the next chapter might be slightly delayed only because I'm juggling two stories now and I gotta get the next chapter of that one up before I can work on this again. Hope you all enjoy. If ya want to be added to the PM list just give me a shout out! Thanks to my beta Wyn - she rocks my sox (sorry I'm a Red Sox's fan ;) )

Chapter 2

Time was no longer an enemy nor a friend, it was just a presence that lingered as he tried to fill the hours. Every minute an hour, every hour feels like a day. Yet for the Smuggler sitting on the edge of a Princess? bed, the quiet darkness seemed soothing. No longer hunted by Jabba or wanted by the Imperials he was able to stop and enjoy his surroundings, something he didn?t do much of while still alive.

The faint emergency lights washed over the Princess accentuating her face with a soft golden glow. She seemed so peaceful, something Han didn't remember seeing before when she was sleeping. From the moment they rescued her from the Death Star, she always looked as if something was chasing her, that if she actually gave into sleep she might be swallowed up and lost forever.

Scooting closer, he peered down and began to memorize every feature on her face. Though physically he couldn?t feel it, a wave of longing swept over him. Just days ago he was holding her, caressing her, kissing her. They were in love. It took years of war to break through the barriers that guarded their hearts but it had finally happened. He was granted only a few weeks to enjoy the feel of her hands against his face or the taste of her lips before they were ripped away from one another. Now he sat alone and unable to show his feelings for the woman before him. It was a cruel twist of fate.

The Force has granted you a second chance with her. Make the most of it.

Qui-Gon?s words gently echoed in his mind. Han was so lost in thought, he unconsciously put his hand over Leia?s head and pretended to stroke her hair. Little by little, he lowered his hand until it was actually going through her head. Suddenly feeling dizzy he closed his eyes, when he opened them he was no longer on the ship but on Alderaan sitting on one of the beaches by the great lakes.

?You again?? The Princess appeared sitting next to him, barefoot and with her hair down. ?You?re invading my dreams now too?

Han looked down and noticed his outfit was different. He was in a white silk top with matching drawstring pants. ?What the heck?

?I think I did that,? she said with a slight blush of her cheeks. ?It?s hard to imagine a smuggler just sitting on the beach.?

?Who says I?m a smuggler?? Han asked in a teasing voice.

The Princess reciprocated the smirk. ?When you appeared in my cabin you wore the Corellian Blood Stripe level two, along with a blaster in a low holster, and the type of jacket you had on kinda gave it away.?

Han sat stunned for a minute. ?You noticed all that before fainting??

The Princess brought her knees to her chest and looked out over the water. ?That was rather embarrassing I will admit. But I haven?t been sleeping well for days, so I think the shock of seeing a ghost added with exhaustion was a bit too much for me to handle.?

Han just nodded his head. ?Yeah I?ll admit it?s still strange for me to grasp.?

There was a small moment of silence as they both watched the waves crash into the shore. The Princess calmly stood up and wiped the sand off her pants. She looked back down at Han and offered her hand.

?Come on let?s go for a walk.?

Han just starred at her hand for a moment before timidly reaching up and grabbing it. Once he was on his feet, he wouldn?t let go. The emotions of being able to touch her again were so over powering Han had to restrain himself from grabbing her and kissing her. He let out a shaky laugh.

The Princess watched him carefully as he continued to hold her hand. His thumb was tenderly rubbing the back of her palm and his face held a sense of wonder and awe at the tactil

24. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Leia's dream was great. It was so nice to see her relaxed and flirting with Han. the hand holding was sad...he can only do it in her dreams.

25. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    ?I?ll admit I?m not normally this outgoing when it comes to men,? Leia said in an honest manner. ?But that?s what dreams are for. To be the person you?re too scared of being in life.?

I hope she dreams a lot before she reaches Tattoine... :p

I think I'm going to wear off poor Han before this fic is ended. Poor Han!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.