main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Ghost -- ESB AU (Han/Leia/Obi-Wan/Qui-Gon/Luke) UPDATE 3/13 Chapter 11

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by IrishEyedJedi, Jul 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Araxie

Araxie Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2006
    I like his appearing in dreams. That is a great way for him to introduce himself. Unfortunately the real Han will come on the scene, that has no clue of the future. That should make for some fun.

2. Noelie

Noelie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 2005
    I just love it that R2 has a clue. I love that droid :)

Sorry I had to catch up on TWO posts, but I am a distracted type soul

Qui-Gon being a tutor to Han is great, they seem to get along well.

And the moment between Bail and Leia.. just wonderful! I know it is a last but lovely anyway.

3. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I liked that a lot, though I think there's a typo. Is Leia really celebrating her 90th life day gala?

And R2 is like the cat of the GFFA.

4. stormqueen874

stormqueen874 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2005
    Wahoo, another update! :D Great job with this chapter, Irish- I loved the dream sequence. Watching Han and Leia interact without the pressures of their built-up personas was a real treat- I loved her comments on the handsome ghost lounging on her bed! How is this going to change things, though? What's going to happen when she meets up with the current Han? Wow, my head is spinning from all the speculation you've thrown me into, Irish. Hope everything works out so you can update this again some time soon!

He didn?t protest as they began to walk along the shoreline holding hands. The simple act seemed to give the smuggler a small sense of peace. They had never been able to do something as carefree as this. Their love was of whispers and stolen kisses, not of public displays and open words of affection.

Awwwww!!! [face_love][face_love] Favorite SW couple EVER. No question about it! I love the description you put into those lines; I really feel you nailed their relationship. Not only did they have their own masks to hold up, but there was the constant thread of the Empire, and so on and so forth. Not an easy relationship does that situation make!

Again, wonderful job, Irish! :D

Stormqueen

5. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Excellent post, Irish! I'm coming to know, as everyone else already does, that you have a great affinity for these characters. You hadle them with such ease and grace.

I really liked the beach scene. the two of them are, though virtual stranges still seem to fit together perfectly.

I'm wondering what will happen when Leia does meet the live Han and how that will affect our heroes.

here's to more dream sequences!

6. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Awww, poor Han thinking about how much he's lost be going back, how hard he worked to be where he was with Leia.

Cute dream, I loved how easily Leia's unconscious self seemed to instantly take to Han. I had literally cried out when she didn't remember it upon waking.

Leia took a seat by her communication counsel as she finished tying her hair back. ?Of course. If you interfere it changes the course of the future you came from.?

?You say that now, but . . .? He looked at a holo picture of Alderaan on her nightstand.

Oh, how very sad not to be able to do something to change that.

?The battle station is fully operational.?

Oh dear, time is very short now.

Superb post Irish.

7. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Wow, just found this and what an awesome concept!!

I wonder how frustrated poor Leia will get once she meets the 'real' Han. Great post and more soon!

8. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    The way Han is letting things slip out, he might be changing the future more than Qui-Gon intends for him. But that's our Han... he does things his way. ;)

9. Kelli_LB

Kelli_LB Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2006
    This is a great fic, very facinating premise. I love that Qui-Gon is there. If you have a PM list, could you please add me? I can't to find out what happens next.

10. anakin_luver

anakin_luver Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2005
    oh Leia's dream was adorable [face_love]

i cant imagine how Han feels. he has to sit there, knowing what is about to happen, yet not being able to do anything about it...how absolutely frustrating!

great chap!

11. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    He was in a white silk top with matching drawstring pants. ?What the heck?

?I think I did that,? she said with a slight blush of her cheeks.

=P~ =P~ =P~

Nice choice Leia!

I love how she opened up to Han in her dream.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

12. sweetheart68

sweetheart68 Jedi Youngling

Jul 8, 2006
    It would be her luck she flirted with a very handsome ghost in her dreams and then woke up to find he was still around.

Wish I had that type of luck! :p This is a fascinating story, Irish, poor Han not being able to tell Leia about Alderaan, must be heartbreaking for him. Something tells me our Hanny-Boy is gonna say something he shouldn't before the end of this story!

13. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    This is going to tear him up I think.

14. kimmi

kimmi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 15, 2004
    Poor Han. He wants to change things but he can't. I'll bet Leia will really be MAD when Alderaan is destroyed. I got a feeling ghost Han and alive Han will both be in trouble for that.[face_worried]

15. chloe2102

chloe2102 Jedi Youngling

Jul 25, 2006
    Great idea for a story. I like it a lot so far. Maybe we will see what Ghost Han thinks of real Han or maybe what Leia says to ghost Han about real Han considering how they annoy eachother when they first meet. Anyhow really looking forward to all the possibilities.

16. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Poor ghost Han, he knows what's coming and can't do anything about it. Leia's going to probably be furious with him! I loved the dream sequence, though, very tender and bittersweet.

17. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    "I'm the ghost with the most, babe." Well, it fits the story, doesn't it? :p

Anyway, I just finally got a chance to sit down and read the latest installment (sorry 'bout that). Ever more intriguing a trip in the land of dreams with our favorite Corellian. So, let's see now...Han pops up in a dream Leia is having about a beach. Talk about the classic romantic moment. Does this guy have good timing or what? ;)

And then, he shows up when she's just getting out of the shower. Sneaky move on his part...and it was just a fortunate coincidence for him, wasn't it? Again, Mr. Solo has good timing...and a good instinct when it comes to half-naked princesses.

Continue on, Irish, and I'll keep reading. It's just that good. :D

18. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    Leah ~ Still behind!!! :p

Chapter 1:

Han?s face fell flat, ?You?ve mentioned that.?

Even dead, he stays in character and I have to love you for it!

Wow, to know that the destruction of Alderaan was coming and he could warn her? and then be forbidden to do it. That bites.

?Actually,? Qui-Gon interrupted. ?Any Force sensitive will be able to see you.?

oooooo ?I can?t wait to see what hilarity ensues there. Han seriously messing with Luke?s head, perhaps? *giggles* Luke scenes have so much possibility now! Of course, so do the Vader scenes. *frowns* And you are going with the theory that R2 is Force sensitive? An avatar of the Force, perhaps? *snickers again* I like it. A lot.

:eek:I can?t believe that she fainted!:eek:

Chapter 2:

?But that?s what dreams are for. To be the person you?re too scared of being in life.?

When I read all the mushy stuff, I have to admit wondering how you were going to come up with even a semi-logical explaination. This is brilliant! Makes me very happy. So true?.

Her realization that her dreams weren?t just dreams and the ensuing embarrassment was priceless!

And poor, poor Han. How can he ever gain her trust through the destruction of Alderaan? I am dreading that in a whole new way, now.

Z

19. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    I just found this while doing the update for the archive... I must be on this PM list. I love this plot line. Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan and ghostie Han infiltrating Leia's dreams....

How sweet!

please please please [face_praying] if you have a PM list, put me on it? [face_batting]

20. IrishEyedJedi

IrishEyedJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 24, 2005

RebelMom - Leia's dream was great. It was so nice to see her relaxed and flirting with Han. the hand holding was sad...he can only do it in her dreams. -- Yeah it's nice having them get to know each other before they start going at it. Which is one of the things I'm trying to show in these opening chapters.

Golden_Jedi - ?I?ll admit I?m not normally this outgoing when it comes to men,? Leia said in an honest manner. ?But that?s what dreams are for. To be the person you?re too scared of being in life.?

I hope she dreams a lot before she reaches Tattoine... :p

I think I'm going to wear off poor Han before this fic is ended. Poor Han!
    -- I'm sure you'll say "Go Han" or "Han you're an idiot" once in a while ;)

Araxie - I like his appearing in dreams. That is a great way for him to introduce himself. Unfortunately the real Han will come on the scene, that has no clue of the future. That should make for some fun. -- Oh yes once real Han shows up it will get interesting, but we got a little ways to go before that happens.

Noelie - I just love it that R2 has a clue. I love that droid :)

Sorry I had to catch up on TWO posts, but I am a distracted type soul

Qui-Gon being a tutor to Han is great, they seem to get along well.

And the moment between Bail and Leia.. just wonderful! I know it is a last but lovely anyway.
    -- Yes R2 does have some idea that something is going on but he can only scan for it. As far as Bail and Leia's last moment . . . don't forget Mr. Solo might break some rules. We shall see. [face_whistling]

DarthIshtar - I liked that a lot, though I think there's a typo. Is Leia really celebrating her 90th life day gala?

And R2 is like the cat of the GFFA.
    -- LOL R2 is the cat of the GFFA, there really isn't any way for me to respond to that other than laugh.

stormqueen874 - Wahoo, another update! Great job with this chapter, Irish- I loved the dream sequence. Watching Han and Leia interact without the pressures of their built-up personas was a real treat- I loved her comments on the handsome ghost lounging on her bed! How is this going to change things, though? What's going to happen when she meets up with the current Han? Wow, my head is spinning from all the speculation you've thrown me into, Irish. Hope everything works out so you can update this again some time soon!

He didn?t protest as they began to walk along the shoreline holding hands. The simple act seemed to give the smuggler a small sense of peace. They had never been able to do something as carefree as this. Their love was of whispers and stolen kisses, not of public displays and open words of affection.

Awwwww!!! Favorite SW couple EVER. No question about it! I love the description you put into those lines; I really feel you nailed their relationship. Not only did they have their own masks to hold up, but there was the constant thread of the Empire, and so on and so forth. Not an easy relationship does that situation make!

Again, wonderful job, Irish!

Stormqueen
    -- Yeah as I mentioned playing with this relationship before the tension really shows folks how these two can be such a wonderful couple when their guards are down. And building trust in from the beginning will allow her to try and see past the younger han's bravado I think.

brodiew - Excellent post, Irish! I'm coming to know, as everyone else already does, that you have a great affinity for these characters. You hadle them with such ease and grace.

I really liked the beach scene. the two of them are, though virtual stranges still seem to fit together perfectly.

I'm wondering what will happen when Leia does meet the live Han and how that will affect our heroes.

here's to more dream sequences!
    -- Trust me humorous scenes will insue as well as some angst as Leia gets frustrated with the really Han. Thank you so much for reading.

Healer_Leona - Awww, poor Han thinking about how much he's lost be going b

21. IrishEyedJedi

IrishEyedJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 24, 2005

I'm sorry if this chapter is a little slow, I hope you guys can see what I'm trying to do by focusing on their relationship before Vader shows up. Anyway thanks again for stoping by it means a lot and as always if you want to be added to the PM list give me a holla!

Chapter 3

?Tell me about your childhood.?

?There really isn?t much to tell.?

?Don?t you think it?s a little unfair you know so much about me and I know nothing about you??

A sad smile appeared on the smugglers face, he had never discussed his childhood with the Princess, and yet here he was about to open up to her as a ghost. He began to wonder if they had started on the right foot if things would have been different. Would they have gotten together sooner? He then realized he was looking back through older eyes. Things were easier to analyze after a few years of thinking about it.

?How about this,? he started. ?I?ll tell you how I met my co-pilot ? or as you like to call him a ?walking carpet?.?

?No I don?t,? Leia gasped.

?I think your exact quote will be ?can somebody get this walking carpet out of my way?. I was impressed you?d have the nerve to insult a Wookie,? Han teased.

The Princess covered her face with her hands, her cheeks a slight shade of pink. ?Well I?m glad you warned me, I?ll try and keep my mouth shut this time.?

?I don?t think that?s possible.? Han said with a smile before the Princess playfully slapped him.

She gave a mock hurt expression. ?Gee thanks.?

?Sorry,? he said between chuckles.

?Tell me something else about the future and I might forgive you,? she said while arching her eyebrow.

He folded his arms over his chest. ?You know the rules. I already gave you your glimpse for tonight.?

?By telling me I insult a Wookie??

?Beggars can?t be choosers,? he said triumphantly.

The Princess shook her head before turning back to the vista before them. ?Using my own words against me.?

Han leaned on the Palace balcony wall as they continued to enjoy the view. He had gotten to see every nook and cranny of the Palace and its surrounding areas in the past week while in her dreams. Now they stood watching the canopy of stairs and enjoying the peace and quiet.

?I must admit its very frustrating standing here not being able to ask you every question that pops into my mind,? she said with a heavy sigh.

?Well it?s equally as frustrating not being able to tell you, believe me,? he paused. ?Because you?re the most persistent person I know.?

She just smiled as she looked over at him, and it was the manner in which she was doing so that caught Han?s attention.

?What?? he asked.

Embarrassed she looked down at her hands. ?I?m sorry it?s just . . .? she trailed off for a moment before trying again. ?There?s one question I?ve been desperately trying to keep to myself, but I don?t think I can hold back any more.?

?Go ahead, if I can answer you know I will,? he said seriously.

Leia looked out into the night and concentrated to find the words she wanted to say. Han knew this only because he had seen her look to the horizon so many times for answers. It was bittersweet that he could pick up on these traits so easily now.

?Well you said we become friends,? her voice was slightly tight.

?Yeah,? Han said with apprehension. He was hoping he wouldn?t have to answer the ?how close of friends do we become? question for at least another year. He should have known she would ask this early, because as soon as she meets his younger self, he?s going to have to do damage control . . . and a lot of it.

?Will it be like this?? she asked in a timid voice.

He ran his hand through his hair. ?I wish it could have been. Let?s just say you and I butt heads for quite some time.?

?Don?t tell me that,? she breathed as she took a few steps away from him.

?Leia.? Saying her name was strange for the first few nights, but now it had become second nature. Of course he still used his nicknames for her, but understood

22. JediMormon

JediMormon Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 23, 2006
    I would be interested in seeing Leia's reaction to Han's childhood. You don't see it mentioned that much in fanfiction, or at least I don't.

So Han can possess people eh? That should DEFINTIELY be interesting later on. There are a lot of possiblilities there...he could possess a Stormtrooper and cause him to fire on his comrades, that would be a good distraction... It has some good prank potential too...

And Qui-Gon thinks a Dark Jedi spirit was what killed Han? Who could that be? The Emperor could have I suppose... Who knows? Will be interesting to see who it turns out to be.

Well, I throughly enjoyed this update! Keep 'em coming!

~ The Mormon Jedi

23. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Ah, the value of hindsight. As nice as the romancing is, I enjoy H/L headbutting and denial.

I wonder which dead Sith is causing the problems. Maybe Dooku since he has a grudge against Vader for killing him?

24. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Good ole Han looking for loop holes.

25. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Cool chapter, Irish! I liked more of the playful banter. I liked how you had Han give her that glimpse of the future and what she said about Chewie! "Wakling capet" :p

?You?re all about making an entrance aren?t you??

?I must say it does provide me with some small amount of entertainment,? he said with a smirk.

this is what really got me. I smiled at this because I could hear Liam saying it. It definately has QuiGon's regal aire.

So there is a dark side ghost? Han can take over bodies? Sweet!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.