main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Ghost -- ESB AU (Han/Leia/Obi-Wan/Qui-Gon/Luke) UPDATE 3/13 Chapter 11

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by IrishEyedJedi, Jul 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Great post, Irish! More Han and Leia, with a little Qui-Gon twist! It looks like Leia's captivity is just around the corner. But Han will be there for her. It seems from this chapter that she may go into it with eyes open.

?I?m sorry your Worship, I didn?t realize I needed a pulse to have other plans,? Han snapped. Frustrated, he quickly stood and ran his hand through his hair.

Gret Han line and funny in itself! Yea, Leia, who needs to be alive to have other plans! [face_laugh]

Qui-Gon looked around before Han suddenly saw him glowing blue. ?M?lady my name is Qui-Gon Jinn, I was once a Jedi Knight the same as your father.?

Cool Qui-Gon moment. In desperation, because time is running out, Qui-gon reveals himself. You are doing a good job with Qui-Gon, Irish. I love those lines where I can hear Liam speaking.

?Something you will have to endure for the rest of your life Han. You will be surrounded by Jedi, and it will be you who saves them and protects them. Your children will look to you for strength and your guidance, while your friends will lean on your abilities to help them,? he said with sincerity.

Qui-Gon reveals some a theme in Han's future and his destiny. This was a wonderful little speech. the best part of this post I think. Keep up the good work!

2. cibbler

cibbler Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 30, 2006
    Great story.

>He could be causing more damage then the Death Star.<

All the changes from canon here make me very curious where you'll take this story.

3. sweetheart68

sweetheart68 Jedi Youngling

Jul 8, 2006
    This just gets more and more intriguing, now Han's messing about the future, where will it all end??? BTW, loved this bit:

But there was only one word Han heard. ?Children??

?Children,? Leia echoed in shock.

The Princess looked to Han who turned to Qui-Gon who in turn rubbed his temples. ?Well this is awkward,? he grumbled.

Awkward? I should say!!

4. anakin_luver

anakin_luver Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2005
    oh wow, Leia's using the Force...that is definitely an exciting twist!

i know i've said it before, but i'm in LOVE with Leia's dreams...so absolutely brilliant.

that has got to be the worst position to be in...if you know you can save billions of lives, and yet not be allowed to? dear god...

wonderful chapter, as always!

5. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    There's no problem in being late, Irish. And what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, so we'll never really know all of the good stuff anyway. :p

Coughing to clear his throat, the smuggler tried to keep his emotions in check. ?Look I had a few things I needed to take care of.?

?You?re dead,? Leia said as she looked up at him. ?What exactly are you taking care of??

?I?m sorry your Worship, I didn?t realize I needed a pulse to have other plans,? Han snapped. Frustrated, he quickly stood and ran his hand through his hair.

Oh, jeeze, Leia, even the dead have stuff to do! [face_doh]

But this is a nice interplay between the two, and a little revealing reminder that Han is full of life even when he does not have it.

?How about having the decency to at least tell me you?re not going to be around,? she huffed while standing.

?I couldn?t! That?s what I?m trying to tell you,? he barked. ?I don?t have the energy in the morning to appear to you, and when I recovered I had to go take care of finding my killer. You know, the reason I?m a dead spirit to begin with!?

Wanting the dead to appear when you want them to just doesn't happen, Leia. Another lesson in dealing with the departed.

God, this just keeps getting more and more awful. Irish, you are a sadist. ;)

?I ? uh ? I thought maybe you were avoiding me because of what happened,? she paused as she turned a deeper shade of red. ?Last night.?

Han couldn?t suppress his lopsided grin as he looked down at her. ?Trust me I?d never avoid you for something like that.? He bent down a little further. ?Especially because I didn?t get to return the favor.?

Without missing a beat the Princess moved past him and rolled her eyes. ?Subtle obviously is not in your vocabulary.?

Cool, simply all-around cool. :D

Her eyes held a hint of sadness as she looked up at him. ?I hadn?t thought of that.?

It finally registered to Han why she looked so sad. It was bittersweet that he would hand out advice on living when he himself was technically dead, and could possibly stay that way.

Ah, that is a sad dilemmia. A twisted little thicket that just sits right smack in the middle of their shared predicament.

The duo walked back to her quarters by the end of the night they were joking and watching classic holo-movies. He was even allowed to give her a kiss on the cheek in her dreams.

That's not a half-bad way to pass the time, dead or otherwise. And a nice way for the relationship to acclerate forward. I just hope Leia gets to remember this at the end.

It reminded Han of his academy days, chasing after the female officers and spending long nights on the roofs of their apartments chatting and getting to know one another.

Now this is a great image here. A nice and normal slice-of-life. How often do you get to see that, in profic or fanfic?

?I don?t know how to describe it, but . . . I can hear and feel people?s thoughts and emotions if I concentrate hard enough. Whenever I can?t find you I just close my eyes and think about you and I can normally sense where you are on the ship,? she said in utter confusion.

Hello, Leia, this is a collect call from your destiny. Will you accept the charges?

The shock of seeing ghosts seemed to have worn off now that she had been hanging around Han for several weeks. She looked the man up and down before speaking. ?You?re the one Han was thinking about. Are you helping him??

?Yes, because he is not Force sensitive as you and I are. He needs assistance sometimes in his abilities,? Qui-Gon explained with a smile. ?But Your Highness I suggest we move to your room, and I can instruct you in shielding techniques.?

Wow, Leia meets Qui-Gon. This is great! :D

Qui-Gon glared at the smuggler. ?Sometimes you must break the rules for the greater good.

Yes, yes, precisely! See, the Jedi can actually learn something new if they're open to it! The universe does speak, guys, but you have to actually be tuning in on the right frequency.

Fo

6. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    What an incredible story I've just discovered.

First let me say the whole ghostly Han thing is just dreamy. I'm quite interested in seeing how the dark spirit is who killed him.

?Help me,? he started to shout. ?I?m dead! If you were going to help, it might have been useful to do it while I still had a body!?

Thankfully everyone else had left work, though that hasn't stopped me before from starting to laugh at loud. Han was priceless in that scene.

His efforts were rewarded with a bright smile. ?My friendly ghost.?

?Handsome,? he injected. ?Friendly ghost.?

Leia pretended to think about that. ?Well definitely not humble, that?s for sure.?

I can picture them saying that too.

This is a great story and I can't wait for more. So here's my holla to be put on the pm list.

7. LadyEcho

LadyEcho Jedi Master star 1

Jun 25, 2005
    Wow, Irish, I am speechless. And amazed, that too. Your ideas are never weird; they're original and lovely. I cannot say how much I already love this story and can't wait for more. I can't wait until Ghost Han meets Luke and when Leia and Han actually meet. Is there any possible way you could send me a PM to let me know when you update? Please, pretty please with Han on top?

8. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    So Han may have altered the future now? Oh dear...I'm anxious now! More soon!

9. Arkady

Arkady Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 25, 2004
    I just found this one and I must say I was a little sceptical at first, but it's great. I love dreamy Han. And of course he's not going to sit back and let everything happen the same again, that would not be the Han we all know and love! Please add me to the PM list.

Arkady

10. kimmi

kimmi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 15, 2004
    I got a bad feeling about this!

11. IrishEyedJedi

IrishEyedJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 24, 2005

chloe2102 - Wow. Leia now knows her father was a jedi and is learning to use the force and Han may have altered history completely. This is just crazy. In a good way. Please add me to the PM list. -- LoL as long as it's a good crazy and not a bad crazy.

RebelMom - ?You?re dead,? Leia said as she looked up at him. ?What exactly are you taking care of??

?I?m sorry your Worship, I didn?t realize I needed a pulse to have other plans,? Han snapped. Frustrated, he quickly stood and ran his hand through his hair. I found this exchange pretty funny.

Leia's contact with Han has opened her Force sensitivity earlier than expected. And I'm pretty sure Han has done something to completely alter the future.
    -- Yes, what will happen now that Leia's been exposed to the Force early? And DID Han actually do anything? [face_mischief]

Golden_Jedi - Qui Gon! (rubs hands) Wonderful!

I'm sorry I did not reply to the previous chapter, I was sick for a few days and forgot...
    -- Awww I hope you feel better. Thanks for taking the time to post even when you're sick.

ccp - I wonder what kind of trouble Han's fanagleing is going to cause. -- Ahhh the million dollar question. [face_whistling]

Araxie - ?Were you a Jedi Master of matchmaking?? Han asked as the spirit began to leave.

I love that line. The whole interaction of Qui-Gon with Han is so charming, I love it! I have never been a Han person, but this story is wonderful in showing how he changed through the series. I look forward to reading more.
    -- Anytime I can get someone to like Han, then I think I've done my job. :D

dlh1970 - Great story. I can't wait to see Leia's reaction when she meets "living" Han. I think he's going to be a little more rough around the edges then what Leia is expecting. -- Yes I fore see a lovely argument between Spirit Han and Leia about "living" Han.

Jade_Max - Ooooooo Han's interfering with the Future and telling Leia things she shouldn't know. Qui-Gon is teaching Leia the basics... and now her Force abilities have manifested well before anyone was expecting... this just gets better and better. I wonder how Han and Leia meet is Ghostie Han keeps her out of the Empire's clutches... And what happens in the future now that he's changing the past, either deliberately or not.

This just gets more intricate and, dare I say it, fabulous, every post! Wonderful stuff - I realize this update is brand new, but I'm already looking forward to more. Thanks for the PM!
    -- Well don't forget there are some events he can't interfere with an unfortunately that includes Vader's integrations and the destruction of Alderaan. The chapter after this will be a tough one for Han.

Kelli_LB - Sometimes you must break the rules for the greater good.

I loved that line, it was so Qui-Gon. It looks like Han has taken that message to heart, and done something. I wonder how much the future is going to be changed.
    -- Very good question, I think once we get to Yavin we'll have a better idea on that ;)

dm1 - I agree with Kelli. How could anyone expect Han to just sit there and let Leia be captured and tortured? Well, we shall see what happens now. -- Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan, they both expect him to. Those darn demanding Jedi.

stormqueen874 - Oooh, now that's an interesting twist, Irish, having Leia know about her abilities long before she does in canon. Is she the one to get the training this time around? Hm... or will both Luke and Leia get the training? Oh, I hope they figure out they're brother and sister pretty quick. I don't want to know what Ghost-Han's reaction will be if Luke starts hitting on Leia...

?Were you a Jedi Master of matchmaking?? Han asked as the spirit began to leave.

?Only when it?s the will of the Force,? Qui-Gon?s voice whispered before he was gone.

I love Qui-Gon in this, Irish, and this line is just great. Can't wait to see what happens! I hope your schedul

12. IrishEyedJedi

IrishEyedJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 24, 2005

Phew! Finally got this bad boy ready to update, but don't worry my juggling act between these two stories of mine does have a system. Since I updated the other first this week, this fic will get updated again hopefully within the week. Thanks to Ms. Wyn for putting up with my harassing questions, and to all you for reading. If ya want to be added to the PM list just let me know.

Chapter 5

?Leia come back!?

But she couldn?t, she ran with the troops as they headed to the gun turrets.

?Your Highness we must get you to an escape pod,? Captain Antilles shouted as he saw the Princess coordinating the troops on where to hit the Star Destroyer.

?I?m not leaving,? she shot back.

?Damn it Leia! Stop acting like a bull headed gundark!? Han berated her as he appeared. ?You need to get off the ship!?

She spared him a glance before the ship was rocketed with a devastating blow.

?Sir the main reactor is about to over heat, we have to shut her down,? Antilles? second in command said in a panic frenzy.

The captain nodded before looking over at the rebel soldiers. ?Your Highness we can only give you a few minutes.?

?That?s all I need to get the plans off the ship. Have the records been wiped?? she asked hurriedly.

?Yes, there is no trace that they were beamed aboard.?

?Captain I ? ?

?It has been my honor and a privilege serving you M?lady,? he bowed before she moved in and gave him a hug. ?We?re all counting on you,? he whispered.

?Leia you have to go,? Han demanded.

Pulling away from the Captain, she shared one last look before breaking herself away. He had been like an uncle to her, always caring and nurturing, always looking out for her and bringing her home safely to Alderaan. Quickly she followed her ghostly companion as he led the way. The ship lurched as they felt the pull of the Star Destroyer bringing them in.

?Down here,? Han instructed quickly.

All was still as they waited in the maintenance bay for the sound of blaster fire. The silence caused the Princess? fearful emotions to spike as she thought about her father and the mission he had entrusted her with.

?I failed,? she murmured as she watched the smuggler keep a look out. ?I?ll never see my father again.?

Instantly Han was standing in front of her, his hands desperately trying to caress her cheeks. ?You have to keep focused and keep your shield up, Sweetheart.?

She nodded her head just before the explosion of the Imperials cutting through the ship jarred them both. The ship erupted in blaster fire, once again focusing Leia on her task at hand.

?R2, meet me in maintenance bay five right away,? Leia instructed in her com.

Minutes later, the small astrodroid appeared.

?R2 I need you to finish this mission,? she explained. ?Find Obi-Wan Kenobi and make sure these plans get to him. Do you understand??

He beeped and whistled indicating he understood. Carefully she took the disc containing the Death Star plans and inserted it into the small droid. Taking a deep breath, she began her message.

?General Kenobi, years ago you served my father in the Clone Wars. Now he begs you to help him in his struggle against the Empire. I regret that I am unable to present my father?s request to you in person. But my ship has fallen under attack, and I am afraid my mission to bring you to Alderaan has failed. I have placed information vital to the survival of the rebellion into the memory systems of this R2 unit. My father will know how to retrieve it. You must see this droid safely delivered to him on Alderaan. This is our most desperate hour. Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi. You?re my only hope.?

The words had barely left her mouth when a cold shiver enveloped her, causing her to look over her shoulder. Vader was on the ship. She could feel him, and without warning, she felt him reach out to her. Quickly turning back to the recording, she ended it and took a deep breath. Clearing her mind, she slammed her shields as tightly as possible. Looking d

13. stormqueen874

stormqueen874 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2005
    Yay! An update! [face_dancing] And did I get first post? [face_praying]

Lovely update, Irish! :D I loved the tension in this chapter, with Vader showing up at long last. *shivers* And Leia standing up to him! Go her! I hope she's able to keep those shields up though, even with all the dark power that Vader posesses. And yay for Han getting those rebels to safety, right under Vader's nose! [face_laugh] I just worry what will happen with the Death Star and Alderaan... hopefully Leia doesn't get ticked at ghost-Han for not warning her... [face_worried]

Great job here, and I really can't wait for more! I'm still anxiously awaiting the moment that Leia meets Han's past self- I can only imagine the rants she'll have then! :D Hope you update again soon, m'dear!

-Stormqueen

14. Kelli_LB

Kelli_LB Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2006
    Turning back to the rest of the bridge, she saw Vader and the crew still gawking at the empty view port. However one officer seemed to have a very familiar smirk on his face before winking at the Princess. She didn?t know how he had done it, or cared that he possible changed the future but she owed her future friend a huge debt of gratitude.

So, I'm assuming that Han took over that body momentarily. I wonder how Han's ghostly presence will change things? Great chapter, I cannot wait for the next one.

15. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    You were right, Ish... Go Han! :D

16. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Hahahahah! [face_laugh] Han making sure the Rebekls get away safely? That's the funniest thing ever! regardless of how it changes the future, I can so see him doing that (the Later "ghostie" Han that is) to spare her more pain! His taking over of random bodies to ensure she doesn't get hurt; trying to protect her to the best of his limited abilities. It's all so Han, later Han anyway, and very, very well written.

This chapter was awesome. Leia's awareness of Vader, the way she's getting clues, her defiance and "no fear" of Vader due to past interactions. Knowing he won't harm her without evidence to confirm his suspicions and without the approval of his Master. *chuckle* It all falls into place.

I think the part I like most about this is that Leia's still Leia. She's still this fiesty, hot headed, hot blooded, afraid of no one and nothing Rebel. The little things really make the difference in this chapter with her character. Like the closing of Antilles' eyes and trying to ensure the safe treatment of her crew. Those things really hammer home the kind of leader she is, even at such a young age. It's her to a Tee and makes this a most enjoyable read.

Thanks for the PM [face_peace]

17. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    A most intense post. I'm torn between feeling relief that the crew escape and knowing that Leia is now alone. Which instead of threats to another person, leaves only herself to toture for the info Vader wants.

I'm already chilled in anticipation of it and knowing Han will be there to witness it as well. :( :(

Outstanding post! :D :D

18. Arkady

Arkady Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 25, 2004
    Go Han! Muck up the future, its all good. I can't wait until Leia meets him alive. She's not going to believe they are the same person.

Arkady

19. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Go Han, sticking it to the Vader when he's not looking!

Since I don't know that this NEVER happened, I'm going to believe it did.

And he's still there for Leia, to help her, especially through interrogation.

Great update. Thanks for the PM.

20. owphoenix

owphoenix Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 7, 2003
    Nice job Irish
    Can't wait to seee how Leia is when she meets the "live" Han

21. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Go Han Go.

22. sdhfs

sdhfs Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004

great post, haha dear vader :p

23. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    This is a great story. I like it very much. :)

24. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Well, I'm gald to see some of the Rebels escaped.

[face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

But Leia is still in Vader's hands

:_| :_| :_|

I loved her defiance against Vader...you will try that must have given Vader quite the jolt!

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D= =D=

25. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Leia is going to be completely confused when she meets the living Han. And I'm having visions of ghostly Han visiting Luke's dreams and making some secrets known...Oh wait, I forgot...Does Han know their secret? Well, even if he doesn't, he'd probably warn Luke off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.