main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ghost Hunters, Ghost Hunters International & Ghost Hunters Academy- Not your Normal Paranormal

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Oct 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    [image=http://smicketysmom.bravepages.com/GH.jpg]

Who else loves this show from Sci-Fi?

This season's off with a bang w/ the crew hitting Arizona and the wild west. Later this season we get a live Halloween show w/ the crew returning to the Shining Hotel, and later in the season - TAPS heads to Ireland!

What are your favorite moments from the show? Do you believe their work is legit? Have they been scammed?

Do you believe?

Come on in and post your thoughts!

2. JEDI_MISFIT138

JEDI_MISFIT138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    I love this show. My wife and I have been watching it since it started. This and Supernatural are my two favorite shows on TV now.

You see the contest they're having, where if you win you get to go along on one of their investigations? That would be so cool to win that. I haven't entered yet, but I might.

I think the season's off to a great start, and the live epsiode coming up on Halloween looks awesome. Gotta make sure we're home in time to catch it.:D

3. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Bah I can't find the link to that!

I love this show. I watched most of the first season on TV then my sister Tivoed and recorded season 2. I've been enjoying season 3.

I wish that they'd get more cameras though so when you have things like sheets moving, they can film all around the room to stave off any rumors that the scenes are faked.

They also really need another infared camera - they get the best stuff on it.

I think my favorite video was the creepy black thing that ran back and forth behind the pool table at that micro-brewery in Georgia (?) - shudders - major weirdness!

4. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    Dude, Run!

Love Ghost Hunters. One night I caught an episode where they were running around the aircraft carrier and I was hooked. Everyone on the show seems really cool. Even Brian.

Last week, Jason answered one of my questions live on air on some radio internet show about the paranormal. That was awesome.

My favorite episode is the light house from the first season.

5. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I love the dynamics of the group. At least by this season it looks like the drama around Brian is about to be over.

There's talk that Andy might be joining the group again. I think that's good. Andy and Brian are the 2 who were always the best at finding stuff in the evidence. Steve gets bored too easily, then again, Steve's better at finding stuff when they're actually on scene.

I do wish that Grant and Jason would mix the teams up a bit more and have them team up w/ the the other members to give them all new perspectives.

6. Darth_Maul_Sith_Lord

Darth_Maul_Sith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2004
    I discovered this show a couple years ago by complete accident. It is one of my favorite shows. I'd have to say that "The Lighthouse" episode from last season is my favorite to date. The best evidence ever caught on film. I just wish that kinda stuff happened to them more often. Isn't it disappointing when they investigate some place really sweet like the Queen Mary only to come up empty handed?

Looking forward to the Halloween Episode.

D_M_S_L

7. JEDI_MISFIT138

JEDI_MISFIT138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    ^^
    That was my favorite episode too, and it was here in FL. Really freaky stuff caught on tape in that one.[face_worried]

I pretty much like everyone on the team. They all bring something to each episode.

I've noticed that if they go to more than one place in an episode, it'll mean they didn't find much. If it's just one place for the whole show, they usually found a ton of evidence to go through.

8. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    The dark form moving around on the stairs of the lighthouse was FREAKY. I really loved how they even caught the female voice asking for help just on the regular video. That one felt like there might've been a couple of different spirits/hauntings. The woman felt as though her argument might've been residual and the thing that was curious about them was an active haunt.

I hope they go back to that house where the closet kept opening and closing and put cameras on either sides of the doors.

9. Siths_Revenge

Jul 27, 2004
    The Halloween episode will be SIX hours of them at the Shining Hotel. Could be very cool.

10. Vaders_Lady

Vaders_Lady Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 13, 2003
    Ok, the footage of the chair moving in that lighthouse in season 1 was enough to make my hair stand on end. :eek: Then seeing the sheet move while they were on the Queen Mary made my skin crawl, only to have it discovered that it was a fake. :( But, holy crap, seeing that shadowy figure running all over the place in that Florida lighthouse was almost enough to make me throw up. Thanks to that show, I'm afraid to go up to my kitchen at night. Seriously.
    Then seeing the footage of the extension chord unwrapping itself from around that alarm bell while they were investigating the Birdcage Theater was crazy. [face_worried]

Ok, I gotta stop talking about it. I'm alone in the dark, and it's freakin' me out!

11. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    ^ Boo!

Yeah, GH's is one of my favorites too. I've watched basically from the begining. Amazing how much it's grown since then.

They should really investigate Ohio University in Athens, Ohio. I had a friend who went there and swears it's haunted. It's supposed to be one of the most haunted Universities in America. I went there to visit him once, but we were looking for girls, not ghouls ;). Here's an article about it if you're interested Athens

There seem to be a lot of imitators on the air right now, including some mess with Gary Busey on VH1. How do they expect to find any ghosts when Gary will just scare them all away :p.

12. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Athens Ohio would definitely be a great place to visit! I've seen all sorts of ghost shows about Athens.

I'm most excited about them going to Ireland this season! I was recently thinking that it would be great if they got to go overseas to some of those ancient places that are just hotbeds for spiritual activity.

I got my wish answered! Apparently one stop will be Leap Castle in Ireland.

Here's a pic I found on the TAPS forums of Jason standing in front of it:

[image=http://smicketysmom.bravepages.com/jasonleap.jpg]

(Yes, I'm a MAJOR geek, I now read/post on those boards also :p )

13. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    I've seen just one episode, the one where the chair moved in the lighthouse (was it a lighthouse). I couldn't go into the kitchen that night without running frantically to turn on the light.

Still, this show has to be 10x better than the Travel Channel's "Most Haunted," with the annoying British lady and hilariously fake Scottish psychic. They had a live Halloween show as well where they tried to communicate with the spirit of Jack the Ripper. They had a live stream on the bottom of the screen where viewers could post what they saw. I swear someone wrote in that they saw a pale girl with long dark hair calling herself "Samara" on the screen. :p

BTW, does anyone know where I can find the footage of the dark shape moving across the screen?

14. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    [face_laugh]

Ah, I know which show you're talking about. It pains me to watch "Most Haunted" because it's so horribly staged.

What dark image? The one by the bed? The one in the prison? The one in the lighthouse? The one in that one house? The one behind you?

15. Vaders_Lady

Sep 13, 2003
    Ah, yes, Most Haunted. I like watching it sometimes just to hear the Scottish "psychic" talk. It gets pretty entertaining at times, but never scary. GH blows them away.
    I, too, can't wait for them to go to Ireland. It'll let me know what places to avoid if I ever get the chance to visit there. :p
    I can't wait for the live episode.

16. Siths_Revenge

Jul 27, 2004
    I like Most Haunted. Yvette and those three other girls get on my nerves for screaming at the tiniest sound. I like it when Derek Acorah gets posessed and goes nuts.

But GH is the best paranormal show. I got some of those rare matchbox car like TAPS Vans to add to my collection. The only problem is that they white instead of the black vans they use on the show, so I might have to paint one to be accurate.

17. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    I'm really looking forward to that one too. [face_good_luck] [face_worried] [face_skull]

I haven't seen "Most haunted" before. I know Sci-Fi occasionally runs this show called "Proof positive" (About the paranormal) and re-runs of a Fox series from a few years ago called "In search of". I think Sci-Fi should revive "In search of" and team it up with Ghost hunters on Wednesday nights. (Wednesday is a busy TV night for me... GH's, South Park & I pity the fool).

18. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    Most Haunted is on the Travel Channel on Friday nights. Turn it on when you need a good laugh. :p

19. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    It moved over there huh? Most Haunted used to be paired w/ GH on Sci-Fi. There are a couple of episodes that are ok, but whenever that damned pyschic opens his mouth I want to punch him in the face and shut him up.

Most Haunted
    reminds me of one of my other all time favorite TV shows Scariest Places on Earth. Scariest used to be on the Fox Family channel - before they sold it to ABC and they mostly shelved the show :( It was where families would sign up and agree to go wherever the show sent them and agree to spend a whole night in a haunted location. These were not professionals, there was usually a lot of screaming involved :p

I did learn from that show though of some of the greatest haunted locations. Our Ghost Hunters team desperately need to visit these locations:

Vladimir Dracula's castle in Transylvania - Scariest got NOTHING conclusive, I'd love for our guys to be there. Vlad the Impaler's evil presence and all of the souls of the folks that he tortured must still be there.

Chillingham Castle in England - Scariest caught cabinet doors opening - lots of activity.

Puvelia Island Venice Italy - Puvelia is my flat out favorite most haunted place that this show went to. They sent a nice black southern family there. This island is steeped in pain, misery, and torture. During the Black Plague, people took boatloads of plague victims, rowed them out to this island just off of Venice, dumped the bodies into large pits (many of whom were still alive,) and burned them.

Then several hundred years later Venice tried to ignore that lovely piece of their past and they built a MENTAL HOSPITAL on the site. The site had a tower w/ a bell in it. A "doctor" there found stories about patients seeing black forms and apparitions as a sign of amazing mental illness and began experimenting on anyone who mentioned seeing these things. He lobotimized tons of patients until the patients finally rebeled, took the doctor and locked him up the bell tower and killed him.

To this day every night at 11 the bell rings in the clock tower on that island - even though the bell was removed long ago. The show caught a guy in an old locker room and the whole place started pounding and made so much noise you could barely hear him shouting. In the areas where the mass graves used to be they had built up a garden on top of it. In that area, people felt like they were being grabbed and heard people breathing in their ears. This place was FREAKY. I would LOVE for our guys to go there. They should be able to get TONS of evidence.

20. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    I heard once that on another live Most Haunted, the psychic screamed, "I'm being pushed!" from somewhere off camera. The camera turned, only to show him running in the opposite direction. [face_laugh]

Hah! Not gonna fall for it! [face_worried]

I was talking about the one everyone else was talking about. :p

21. Siths_Revenge

Jul 27, 2004
    Most Haunted was never on the Sci Fi channel. It's always been on the Travel channel. There's a new show on Sci Fi channel starring Rob from Survivor.

22. Vaders_Lady

Sep 13, 2003
    Proof Positive is pretty good. I love that episode that takes place at that junk yard where the people are trying to convince everyone that a lady's ghost keeps hovering around a car. It's so obvious that it was a little statue hanging on a string. Considering they were able to show how it was done is proof right there. So sad. :rolleyes:

Scariest Places on Earth was good, too. I saw an episode where a family stayed in a castle. I forget where, though. It was pretty freaky.

I, too, would like to see GH check out Vlad's crib.

23. Siths_Revenge

Jul 27, 2004
    Well, that VH1 Celebrity Paranormal show was pretty entertaining, but nowhere near GH quality, of course. Basically, it's a few supermodels and has been actors screaming at sounds, but Gary Busey was pretty entertaining. Hal Sparks was funny, too, in a Brian/Steve kinda way.

24. Vaders_Lady

Sep 13, 2003
    Aw crap. I forgot about Celebrity Paranormal. :( Oh well, atleast they'll show a million reruns of that episode, so I'll be able to catch it. I love Hal Sparks. He's so funny.

25. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    New Ghost Hunters tonight! Yay!

I don't remember, where are they going?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.