main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ghost Hunters, Ghost Hunters International & Ghost Hunters Academy- Not your Normal Paranormal

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Oct 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Maul_Sith_Lord

Darth_Maul_Sith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2004
    "Most Haunted is on the Travel Channel on Friday nights. Turn it on when you need a good laugh. "

Ugh, Most Haunted, the WORST "Haunt" show ever. That so-called psychic is such a phony, yet he always seems to scare the bejeezus out of the host. It's amazing how half the places TAPS investigates turns out not to be haunted, yet everywhere the Most Haunted team goes they encounter every kind of spirit/ghost... Sorry, I just really can't stand shows that fake it, it makes orgs like TAPS (who are actually looking for the truth) look bad to outsiders.

Anyone check out that Celebrity Paranormal thing on VH1 the other night? They investigated one of the same places TAPS had, but they added all these special FX to scare the audience. It was just worth watching for Busey.

"Most Haunted was never on the Sci Fi channel. It's always been on the Travel channel. There's a new show on Sci Fi channel starring Rob from Survivor. "

Ah, you mean Sci-fi investigates? I watched the fisrt two episodes... Nothing all that great. Good concept, but most of the time it feels staged. And the CSI ivestigater they have isn't believable.

D_M_S_L

2. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    I seriously LOVE Ghost Hunters, it's such an entertaining show. I love it how they can always infuse humor when something freaky happens. I'm not really a big fan of Most Haunted houwever, like others have said I think half of it is staged. Yvette just spazzes at the simplest thing (even though she should be used to it by now) and I don't totally buy into what Derek says. I do think the show is somewhat interesting however, just not half as much as Ghost Hunters.

The World's Scariest Places is coming back actually. I believe it's going to be on this Sunday as a marathon.

And speaking of freaky things, I have something to share. My parents were in Denver and they went to the Brown Palace Hotel which is haunted and they got the freakiest pic I've ever seen. We sent it to the Ghost Research Society and they believed it was legitimate. Sent it to TAPS too, but I haven't gotten a response yet.

Here's the Ghost Research Society Site

And the pic...

[image=http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a14/LilyCat03/thing.jpg]

3. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Huh, well I'm sure that your parents wouldn't alter a photo, but I think it's rather suspicious that the ghost looks like your classical ghost in form. Most ghosts that are caught on film rarely look like your typical Halloween form of a ghost.

I just think the form is too bright and too well shaped to be legit. I don't know what to tell you but I think the edges are too defined on it to be real. It would be interesting to see what the TAPS folks think about it though :)

4. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004

The Travel Channel is just one of those stations that I instinctively seem to skip (like Lifetime or MTV :p) but I made it a point to look up Most haunted and it seems that they've been airing it this week during the afternoon so I taped it.

The episode I saw, the group(?) basically sat in a dark basement, with one guy constantly saying he could feel various presences. I half expected to see stuff start floating through the air suspended by fishing wire ;).

Wow, LilyHobbitJedi, that's kind of freaky. It sort of looks like those ghosts that come out of the Ark at the end of Raiders.

5. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    I know that ghost in my pic looks like what everyone think's ghosts would look like, but I don't know how to explain it. The paranormal expert decided that it couldn't be a motion blur and plus it's transparent since you can see the sails of model ships through it. I still get shudders looking at it.

6. Vaders_Lady

Vaders_Lady Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 13, 2003
    The child-like voice they caught on the EVP was too freaky. I get woozy whenever I hear something on those. [face_worried]

7. The2ndRest-in-Peace

The2ndRest-in-Peace Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 27, 2002
    The best moments were the shadowman running away from the camera in the prison from last season, the shadow running up the lighthouse and the audio guy who was attacked by his equipment bag.

Best EVP was the evil sounding voice that said something to the effect of "We are coming".[face_devil] [face_skull]

8. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    That "We are coming" was FREAKY. I loved how both Jason and Grant didn't even want to tell the homeowner what they thought they heard the voice say *Shudders.*

The time the spirit said Grant's name aloud was good too.

Last night was ok, I liked them debunking the shadowman photo in the prison :p

The child's voice was VERY freaky though. It was interesting though because when the husband mentioned what the voices were saying and how they reacted it did seem a lot like it was children. At least they're not overly freaked out about their spiritual visitors.

9. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    I remember the child's voice saying, "They don't want us!" scared the **** out of me, and I'm an atheist.

10. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    EVP's are just weird! I would think if you heard a voice responding to your questions then there's just no way that that spirit could be residual energy but it would be an active presence.

*Shudders*

11. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Depends on what theoreticly attracts such residual energy- they seem to run on the idea that spirits feed off of energy to manifest themselves, so perhaps audio triggers, or allows, EVP sounds to manifest- fueling them, if you will.

As for the times when they seemingly answer the actual questions (and assuming EVPs aren't merely a sonic illusion), it could be coincidence, as they seem to be more random responses generally.

12. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    I liked in the Tombstone Arizona episode where the EVP was old West music when Brian and Tango were talking.

13. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    I'm going to laugh, very, very hard, if they don't find anything on their 6 hour live thingy.

14. The2ndRest-in-Peace

The2ndRest-in-Peace Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 27, 2002
    I think it's kinda cool to show a full, almost unedited investigation for once- though I have a feeling we won't really know if theycaught anything, unless something major happens, until they review the evidence, which probably will make up part of a future episode.

15. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    I'm a little dubious about the Halloween thing my self. Most of the revelations don't come until they examine the evidence. Haven't they ever heard of Al Capone's vault? :p

16. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    I really enjoy this show.

They also have some interesting ideas about what might influence "hot spots".

And they have more credibility than other hunters because sometimes........they find nothing and they're not afriad to admit it. They seem to enjoy debunking. That's important because it means they're thinking critically instead of just going in "Oh, this place is spooky so it must be haunted. This spot is cold so there must be a ghost here.", etc.

Good and entertaining show.

That prison form, whatever it was, from last year was weird...like a shape on a tape loop. Maybe one of those residual hauntings they talk about?

17. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    6 hour LIVE Ghost Hunters tonight! Woohoo!!!!

18. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002

I agree. I think I'd much rather see something than hear it. At least if I saw it, I'd know which way not to run.

19. JEDI_MISFIT138

JEDI_MISFIT138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    I'm going to try and watch the whole thing tonight. I work overnight anyways, so staying up all night is normal for me.

20. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I'm starting a 7 day vacation starting tomorrow so I can totally stay up to watch the whole thing :D

Should be interesting. I hope they return to the room that Jason slept in and they put up more cameras to get different angles of the room.

21. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    Okay, so I'm sitting here waiting for Ghosthunters and I see a bunch of wrestlers throwing each other around. Is this the Shining Hotel? :p

22. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I keep nodding off :p The little kid type voice was creepy from the employee tunnel. If they didn't capture the laugh I would've almost thought it was a cat. I once had a cat that said "Hewooo" - he said it so clearly he woke my sister up from a deep sleep and she swore that there was someone in the house. The creepy laugh in the same voice negates that theory though.

WAHHH! Direct TV just stupidly shut off the Sci-Fi channel on me :( I guess they didn't want me to stay up until all hours of the morning. We're not even overdue on the bill. GRRRRRR! Every other dumb station that's showing infomercials is running beautifully. GRRRRR!

23. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    I taped it and I've only gotten through the first 3 hours or so. The noises/voices in the tunnel were interesting. That place is great.

I think I could have done without the Wrestler tagging along, but otherwise it seemed to work pretty well live (There's an oxymoron for you... A live show about hunting the dead ;) )

24. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    I feel asleep after the first hour. I woke up at 4:00 AM and they were still at it. I missed the voices. Will there be a recap show?

Also, did anyone else hit the Panic Button? I did. [face_blush]

25. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    ^I sent a few text messages, but none got on the air.

The reveal for the Stanley Hotel episode is next Wed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.