main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Ghost of Tsushima

Discussion in 'Community' started by JEDI-SOLO, Jul 19, 2020.

1. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I immediately thought of you and your dispraxia when I saw the accessibility update Ben. Hope it works out for you!

Jedi Ben likes this.
  2. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    So far, I haven't switched it on!

I think they'll be asked to refine it further, as it's one option for both stealth and combat. I think the ask will be that there's one for each and it shouldn't be that hard to enable.

It's the instant fail stealth bits I expect to use it on.

3. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    The charm that makes wind chimes poisonous is basically a cheat code.

4. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Nope, it's simply an option - intended to be there.

If it's really too easy for you then move up to Normal difficulty.

5. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Finished Act 1 last. What a blast! Where am I at now? Right back to Izuhara region lol...still getting quest! Awesome.

Also I could SWEAR a bowing woman in Golden Temple said “Happy birthday Lord Sakai.” That is neat if I heard it right!!

6. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Does Kechi village not give out a key after liberation?

7. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Something like 3 or 4 of the Izurhara villages do. Kechi definitely not. The remaining keys are in villages on the northern island

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
    JEDI-SOLO likes this.
  8. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    I’m on 4 now. Liberated last town of the south just now. I will press on to midland tomorrow and let my son play around in south once I get him. He’s got 3 bamboo stands to get for me. Hmm unless with all 24 gone in south the random mongols don’t appear...should probably still be bandits about though he can fight.

9. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    The way pointing on liberate the farmstead missions can be hugely irritating.

In other news, did the Yarikawa mythic tale but needed a guide otherwise it would have taken forever. Have the area mostly explored, one main quest and numerous side ones. Might finish Act 2 next weekend.

On one quest there was the 'shoot stuff with ranged weapon war machine' bit. They're always intended to be epic undertakings, but never quite work out that way - so it was here.

10. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Found a white dye merchant! I had no idea color peeps existed but I’m happy I randomly found my favorite color 1st! I’m just bummed out Tadayori as of yet can’t be dyed.

11. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Done all missions, liberated all villages and opened up entire south island now. Just need to focus on liberating the farms and then it's onto Act 2.

themoth likes this.
  12. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Ok finished up Seven Samurai today. That back half of the movie was very good. First half is hella boring! So I can’t find 13 Assassins on any of my subscription accounts I have so no clue when or if I ll be able to check that out. I see Yojimbo on HBOMAX so is that any good?

Im liking the looks of midland so far but I haven’t pushed much into the heart of it. Still in the tail section which is very much just a large bread basket.

13. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Had a rather irritating session on Ghost of Tsuschima today.

Lots of the camera getting in the way of the action, along with Jin not changing the stance in the way I expected - that's still confusing, but think it might be you can't change stance mid-move.

Also switched on the new stealth assist for a quest of total bollocks called Silent Death. It certainly helped, switched it back off afterwards. It is nice to have when needed.

The other recurring irritant is the way the game just expects you to manually search for random objectives with little in the way of cues. Even using a guide a few times was of limited assistance. The other weird thing is the way it does tracking, there's always a big gap between each set, as if your target was walking along and then decided to long jump 3m.

14. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    I hate how I have to spend 5-10 mins tracking down enemies in some places. Game, I just want to clear out this village and move on, let me call them out immediately.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  15. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Yay, it's not just me!

darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  16. darthcaedus1138

Oct 13, 2007
    Sometimes they're hiding in houses but sometimes they're just milling about and it's frustrating when I've already done everything else lol

17. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Erm can't you just see them in red on your heat vision thing?

Jedi Daniel likes this.
  18. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Not if they're too far away - on some farmsteads they are really spaced out.

19. darthcaedus1138

Oct 13, 2007
    uhhhh haven't tried the heat vision thing I barely use it anyway, will utilize in the future for sure

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
    solojones likes this.
  20. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    I did the Yuriko quests today.

Often "mature" is taken to mean in an adolescent sense, whole lot of swearing, boozing and shagging, with gore and blood to match, but these two quests demonstrate a different take. Only numbering two, these see
    Jin helping his old nurse, who is both stricken with dementia and slowly dying. The way the game handles its topics here is carefully. It never out right says dementia, how would Jin even know the term? Instead Yuriko's comments show a woman whose sense of time is adrift. At the same time, her comments puncture Jin's belief that his father would follow his uncle in disapproving of some of his choices. The second quest ends as you expect, you can see the resolution coming but such is the execution it still strikes home.
    For what is supposedly side content, these were superb.

Also did the second Ishikawa quests, which were OK but not that great.
    Where it fell down was in the confrontation with Tomoe. At this point Jin has taken out numerous archers. The idea that Tomoe would be that much better doesn't really work at all, it's a story conceit.
    I've one main quest to go before hitting the big end of Act 2 chunk.

Mia Mesharad and Point Given like this.
  21. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    Yeah just finished the Yuriko storyline as well.
    That hit deep, especially since my paternal grandmother was also becoming senile before she passed away

Mia Mesharad and Jedi Ben like this.
  22. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    So I fully upgraded the
    Sakai family armor and it looks dope. I'm like a Baratheon with a demon mask.

[​IMG]

Jedi Ben likes this.
  23. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Guys I am still in act one why don't I have more time to play :(

24. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Don't rush it.

25. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I know but my brother completed the whole game in 9 days. So now I can't talk to him about it though for fear of being spoiled. At least you chaps here have been kind enough to use spoiler tags, ta.

Jedi Ben likes this.