main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Ghost of Tsushima

Discussion in 'Community' started by JEDI-SOLO, Jul 19, 2020.

1. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Been cleaning up on Ghost:

First, managed to do that dumb Undying Flame quest. Maybe I was just better at seeing the right white grey specks I needed to, or I'm better at just platforming rather than sprinting and combat, which the earlier sections were. Still not a fan of it, still don't think it should in the game, it doesn't anything good for it.

Companion quests:

Masako:

"Lady" Hana - talk about a vicious psychopath. With less monstrous acts, maybe it would have worked but this one didn't.

Norio:

This worked OK, but still think it should have been a joint assault, with Sakai taking the burden of the kill.

Ishikawa:

This also worked, although the penultimate quest was pretty clunky on its subtlety. Given how many people and archers Jin has taken out at this point, I couldn't buy that he couldn't take out Tomoe, nor was it that clear as to why some of the earlier quests played out as they did.

And then there was the main quest duo - Gathering Storm / Heart of the Jito, both stealth quests. There's not much point saying more, you'll know the outcome already - didn't like either of them.

Overall, I found the companions far better than the main plot in terms of story.

2. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    I'm doing the same exact thing! Getting tons of upgraded items done and techniques all learned.

3. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    All I have left for Act One is to attack Castle Kaneda, so I am finally about to move along

Jedi Daniel and darthcaedus1138 like this.
  4. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    For all that there is a love-hate perception of the game for me, now that I'm at the endgame that I didn't really expect to get to, I am reluctant to finish this - the gameworld is stunning, no matter what else I may object to.

5. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Don't know how far I am, but I've rescued my uncle from Castle Kaneda, and now am currently clearing off the bottom half of the map before moving on. Found some stunning places while exploring, especially this shrine that you have to climb around a waterfall to get to.

6. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Completely cleared the bottom half of the map and started act 2. I came across this big house with a pond on the side of a mountain, completely surrounded by pink and red flowers. It looked stunning, so I assumed there would be some sort of quest there, but nope, it's just a place for you to discover.

And this is weird. I found a few signs around the map with a symbol of someone bowing on them, and when I bowed a swarm of animals appeared. Fish, butterflies, and crabs. Different animal for each location. I had an army of crabs following me and I thought WTF. Anyone else found these?

7. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Yeah, you even get a trophy if you find and bow to 10 of them.

8. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Wow, the amount of stuff they put into this.

9. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    I didn’t even know there was a bowing command until after I finished the game and was cleaning up trophies. [face_laugh]

10. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    So, over 53 hours later, I've finished this and will have quite a bit to say about it over in yonder other thread.

solojones likes this.
  11. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I had found and bowed to the frog statue and got swarmed with frogs. That's the only one I've found so far, though.

Might finish Act One tonight.

Jedi Daniel and Jedi Ben like this.
  12. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    Finished (and platinumed!)

Just a beautful game, enjoyed the visuals of course, but even things like the audio were sublime. The howling of the wind, the hooves of your horse clattering on the stones and bridges. Even simple things like the sound when you collected bamboo and supplies all sounded great. I thoroughly enjoyed the story as well.

I teared up at the end. Decided to honor Lord Shimura's wishes and give him a warrior's death. One, it seemed fitting, and he wanted it. Two, I figured the shogun would probably strip him of his jito status or even have him executed if he failed again, which would have been awful for him.

Game of the Year so far. Though of course that depends on Cyberpunk 2077.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
  13. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    I’m not reading that but yep Cyberpunk is on the radar and I’m sure this and that gonna get praise and noms unless Cyberpunk flops.

14. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Finally finished act one... Holy crap, now I have soooo many things on my map to do. How did my bro platinum this game in 10 days?!

15. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    He didn't sleep?

16. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Finally had free time and finished the introduction. I now have access to the map.

Im now playing ff7r again until football starts

17. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    Girlfriend Reviews has her GoT review out.

18. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003

interesting. if it's in the same vein, can't be worse than for honor.

solojones and Jedi Ben like this.
  19. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    As great as this game is, I think the last thing I wanted was multiplayer. It’s too bad this isn’t a supernatural focused single player expansion, as I really enjoyed that Mythic quest that dabbled in it.

20. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    But....it's free. I think this is amazing news! Why piss on something we are getting for free :p

Jedi Ben likes this.
  21. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I’ll be starting this tomorrow after having finally beat AC Odyssey. Really excited to get into it! :D

Jedi Ben likes this.
  22. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    So how was Episode 3 Chiz?

23. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I liked it! Atlantis was really cool to explore (travel could be a pain sometimes though). It was mercifully shorter than the other two ( :p ) and the boss was the easiest of the game IMO. Overall though I think I liked Origins DLCs better. The fact that I was really ready to move on from the game may be coloring my opinion some though.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  24. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    One tip - Ghost isn't AC

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  25. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Fairly positive I'm done with Part 2 and into 3. I've been in the new section of the map for a couple hours anyway.

Got all the Mongol armor, and now have every upgrade except for the final Epic move or whatever it's called. Looking forward to clearing out this last part of the map and finishing the game. I've started to feel a bit of monotony playing the game, hopefully the change in setting will carry me through the rest of the game. Possibly because I'm way overpowered at this point. The new poisonings are annoying but if I whip out the big time power moves nobody stands a chance anymore lol. I have all weapon upgrades, but I don't have as many supplies as I'd like and still have plenty of armor to upgrade.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
    Jedi Ben likes this.