main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

GIL: Crystal Skull/Indiana Jones Fans Social Thread

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by FORCEFED, Sep 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    I plan on going today again :D

2. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I wanted to go see it again today but my friend bailed out on me. :(

Oh well, if I don't go tonight, I will definitely be going Monday or Tuesday again for sure.

3. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    The friends I wanted to go with couldn't go either :( Normally I'd go again by myself but I feel like it's not quite time yet, I *need* to see it with more friends first! Hey Steph, wanna fly out here and watch it with me :p

-sj loves kevin spacey

4. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    I just came back from seeing it again, went with a friend, who loved it... i must say, the second time around was more enjoyable for me than the first time :)

5. JohnWesleyDowney

JohnWesleyDowney Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2004
    the crowd I saw it with this afternoon APPLAUDED enthusiastically at the end of the film...that's kinda nice, and they laughed in the right places and applauded when Marion came on screen as well...guess they were fans.:D

6. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    Yeah, same for me today... the room was packed and everyone was just thrilled... i also noticed the audience was very diverse: u had young kids with their parents, teenagers, adults and even older people :)

7. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Haha! You have no idea how much I would like to take you up on that, Rach. I want to go back to Cali so bad.

After talking tonight, we are definitely going Monday afternoon again. I cannot wait! :D

8. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    I really need to see this with a packed crowd. To get the full film going experience.

9. Palpateen

Palpateen Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2000

Almost everytime I've seen it, the crowd has been fairly large, and the reaction has been electric. :D

10. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Yup, I definitely have to agree with you. I've witnessed the same thing so far and it just adds to the experience. ;)

11. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Thank the Lord that someone finally got rid of half the sticky threads in this forum. It was making my head hurt... ;)

12. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Yes, yes... so how many times has everyone seen the film now? I've seen it 4 times. I'm not sure whether I'm going to be able to see it again in theatres... kind of depends on how long it's out. I'm having back surgery tomorrow so I won't be able to go to the theatre for a while.

-sj loves kevin spacey

13. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    I've also seen it 4 times. Would love to watch it again, but don't know if I'll be able to. This summer I'll probably be watching almost every major new release through late August. My rankings so far for the summer movies:

1. Indy 4
    2. Iron Man
    3. Kung Fu Panda
    4. Sex and the City
    5. Prince Caspian
    6. Don't Mess with the Zohan
    7. Speed Racer

And really looking forward to Mamma Mia!, Clone Wars, Dark Knight and Hellboy 2. [face_dancing]

14. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I've just seen Indy (4x), Iron Man, and Prince Caspian (2x). Looking forward to Wall*E, Get Smart, The Dark Knight, and Clone Wars. If I can see them in theatres...

-sj loves kevin spacey

15. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    I fear this will be the year when I might actually like a Dreamworks animated feature a bit better than one of Pixar's, which has never really happened before, but we'll see.

Oh, and I don't really have anything against Dreamworks per se, but Pixar is just a local company to us. ;)

16. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Yea, yea, the stickies were a bit bothersome. :p

I've seen Indy 3 times so far. Not sure whether I'll get around to going again, but we'll see. If it does happen, it'll probably be an afternoon showing by myself.

17. ObiWanCon

ObiWanCon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 15, 2004
    I've seen Kingdom of the Crystal Skull 4 times and I'm planning on see it a 5th time this Friday I love the movie its brilliant. I saw it on Sunday with my parents and two of their friends and they all loved it and everyone in the cinema was laughing at the right times and having a great time. I?ll see it at least once more because I?ll have a hard time seeing it anymore then that because of all the movies coming out this summer but hopefully there will be time.

18. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Even with the Dark Knight coming in this weekend, I'm surprised to see that Indy is still in at my local theater. And it's not even at the bottom, ready to be bumped off yet. Get Smart, Sex in the City, Kung Fu Panda and others have ended their run, but Indy is still going strong. It looks like it may even have a couple weeks left. If this is the case, I think I better head over there for one more showing. I don't think I can resist. :p

19. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    That's awesome. Indy hasn't been at my regular theater since Get Smart opened. It's only 6 screens and Smart got Indy's auditorium. That's was cool as it's one of the larger theaters. I've already seen it three times compared with four for Indy.

20. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Yea, I was really surprised when I saw that. Apparently it must still be drawing a crowd around here.

As for the Dark Knight, I'm still trying to decide whether I want to see it or not. Has anyone seen it yet?

21. ObiWanCon

ObiWanCon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 15, 2004
    You?re not sure you want to see The Dark Knight :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

22. JohnWesleyDowney

JohnWesleyDowney Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2004

I'm gonna see the Dark Knight in a week or so, after some of the hoopla has died down. I'm already hearing from friends who have seen the movie and enjoyed it, but felt it was way, way overhyped. I can't drink kool aid, I'm on a diet. ;) I thought Batman Begins was really great, I own a copy and I'm looking forward to seeing the Dark Knight, but I resent the way the hype is being crammed down everyone's throat. Now I know why people hated Titantic, it doesn't so much have to do with the content of the movie itself as the atmosphere surrounding it. I go into every film I see with an open mind, but this time it's gonna be a challenge.

23. starwarsobesses

starwarsobesses Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2008
    i'm not going to see because i'm not a batman fan. it's not that i don't like batman just never got in to it.

24. Anakin_Skywalker20

Anakin_Skywalker20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 16, 2000
    I know. I like Batman enough for who he is and what he strives to do to achieve justice for the people of Gothem City. I, too recent the hype because: 1. I like to not know the entire movie before it comes out; 2. I am not that big into DC comics but Batman is the only character I dig and I don't take him too seriously.

Batman is cool and thats that.

25. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    I'm a pretty big Batman fan, although I haven't really read much of the comic books (except for "A Death in the Family" and the first Frank Miller one). I also hate the feverish hype around the new movie, which I saw yesterday and didn't think all that much of. Yes, Ledger is pretty good. But in most other regards, the movie isn't really all that great. (And I'd feel the exact same way about the movie even if there wasn't so much hype around it).

Up to this weekend, Indy 4 is still my favorite summer movie, followed very closely by Iron Man, Hellboy 2 and Mamma Mia!. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.