main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Girls And Star Wars.

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by VadersShadow, Feb 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ashley567

ashley567 Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2005
    out of all my fidings not many do

2. aisha1

aisha1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 22, 2005
    I am a girl and I like SW
    my boyf is the major star wars fan , I had never watched the films before i met him ,they are pretty cool. He takes me to all these conventions and stuff which is great fun, recently went to NEC and qued for about 1 hour to meet Anthony Daniels. He told me he liked SW on our first date. Didn't see any prob with it at all.

Plus I am a mega Ewan Mcgregor fan - he is a honey :*

3. EnemyOfTheRepublic

EnemyOfTheRepublic Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2005
    I'm another..have to say it was my older brother who got me into Star Wars (although I was a fan of sf in general anyway) but my best friend at high school and her sister were big fans too..there's quite a few of us really!

4. Rabai

Rabai Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 14, 2005
    i think that telling a girl you like star wars is suiccide especially on the first date. i keep it a secret, is their any hot girls who like star wars? thats the question

5. aisha1

Mar 22, 2005
    funnily enough my boyfriend told me on our first date that he liked star wars!

6. spike_thmid

spike_thmid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    suppose it depends on how you aproach the subject-

example:

you see a girl in a club, after catching each other looking over a few times you decide to go over and say hello

you can start the conversation by either

"Hi I'm Chris can I buy you a drink ?" (cheesey I know)

or

"Hi I'm Chris, so who do you think would win a fight between Darth Maul & Count Dooku ?" :oops:

7. aisha1

Mar 22, 2005
  8. Lady_WinterCelchu

Lady_WinterCelchu Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Lol. Last time i checked i was female and i was raised with starwars practically religiously. most of my friends at school know they even promised to go see rots with me. though i think that was more out of friendship then interest.

i swear though don't know why the guys are complaining female fans get a hell of alot more stick then you. i've yet to meet many guys who actually want a SW fan for a girlfriend. though again thats just my experience.

9. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Well, a SW loving girlfriend would be useful

A non-SW loving girlfriend could be put off or decide they don't want to spend their time talking about & attending SW things all the time

10. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    To me, it's not a requirement that a prospective girlfriend likes Star Wars. It would be great because if she was, then you have something in common (but hopefully more than that, of course), but if she wasn't a fan, that would be okay too. Just as long as she wouldn't flip her lid when you occasionally, say, watch a movie, or say go to a con, or something. After all, a relationship is about give and take, and while you have to put up with what she likes to do, it is only fair that she allows you to indulge in one of your hobbies.

11. padawan_princess

padawan_princess Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2005
    "Lol. Last time i checked i was female and i was raised with starwars practically religiously. most of my friends at school know they even promised to go see rots with me. though i think that was more out of friendship then interest."

I totally agree with what you say! My best buddies know nuts about Star Wars but are still going to watch the movie with me. Let's see...one of them is a Hayden fan (she thinks SW is the same as Star Trek!!), the other a Ewan fan and the third just wants to see how many Jedi are going to die in Episode III...sigh

Btw, most people I meet are suprised I like SW...they think SW is only for boys and nerds...

12. aisha1

Mar 22, 2005
    I suppose its a bit like girls and football.

I am not into SW as much as my fella but I am a massive buffy fan so we still share the sci-fi interests and stuff. He introduced me to conventions which are great fun. And I love buying him new stuff for his collection - recently got him into the Star Wars Galactic Heros toys!

If I hadn't been into it at all then it may not of been a problem I would of just accepted his interests.

13. spike_thmid

spike_thmid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    Football AND Star Wars

heaven.....

=D=

but I agree the differences are what make a relationship - and if you can educate another in the ways of Star Wars whether it be male, female or Wookie (I've had a few of them in my time !! [face_whistling] ) then fantastic....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.