main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - Legends Giver of Light-Book II: Sons In Shadow (AU~ Siriwan, Xanatos, Garen Muln, A/P)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediMaster_Jen, Dec 4, 2004.

1. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Jedi Tyler can only hope he kills Dooku. But somehow I think that won't be happening yet.

You never know. ;)

Jaira I am here, I am caught up, and I still love this story!!!

Glad you're caught up. :) Thanks.

Chapter 23

Anakin didn’t know what to expect when he saw his mentor, his father. Xanatos Renashaii had long been the guiding influence in Anakin’s life and he’d always viewed the older man as strong, unbending and able to survive anything. To see him so worn and injured now tore at Anakin’s heart.

“He looks so…I don’t…I don’t know the right words,” Anakin whispered.

Padme rested a hand on his shoulder. “He’s going to be fine, Anakin. His wounds will heal and he’ll be okay.”

Guiding his hoverchair, Anakin moved directly beside his teacher. He rested his hand on Xanatos’ right arm just above the amputation point, grasping it gently.

“Master, Father…you have to wake up,” Anakin said quietly, still grasping Xanatos’ arm. “You’re in a medical facility. The healers say that you’re going to be just fine.”

Tears came to Padme’s eyes as she watched Anakin continue to whisper to his ailing mentor, the man he loved as a father. Seeing the closeness between them made her yearn to see her own father.

“Milady?” came a voice from the door.

Padme turned and smiled when she saw her handmaiden and best friend, Sabe.

“Yes?”

Sabe entered the room and stood next to Padme. “I just wanted to check on you. You’ve been quite worried since Padawan Skywalker was brought in.”

Padme’s eyes never left Anakin’s form. “Yes.”

Sabe’s eyes widened at the easy admission. “You’re no longer trying to deny that you like him?”

Padme didn’t answer. She walked slowly over to Anakin and bent down to whisper in his ear. A small smile crossed his face as he nodded.

Padme motioned for Sabe to follow her from the room. When they reached the hall, Padme leaned against the wall, tears suddenly flowing from her eyes.

“Padme, what’s wrong?” Sabe asked as she rested a comforting hand on her friend’s arm.

She tried to laugh as she wiped her tears. “I don’t even know.”

“I think you do.”

Padme took a deep breath and nodded. “Yeah, I think I do. I shouldn’t feel this way. Anakin and I barely know one another, but…”

Sabe grinned. “But you love him already.”

Padme smiled through her tears. “Yeah, I love him already.”

Both young women walked down the hall, neither noticing Anakin sitting behind them in his hoverchair. A brilliant smile covered his handsome features.

“He’s beginning to awaken,” reported one of the med-droids.

A human healer walked towards Obi-Wan, newly removed from the bacta tank. She checked the machines that were monitoring his vital signs and nodded her head, pleased with the results.

“Jedi Kenobi, can you hear me?”

Obi-Wan stirred. Slowly, his blue/gray eyes opened and he tried to focus on the woman next to him, but vision was swimming.

“Where?” he asked, his voice raspy.

“You’re in the Royal Medical Center in Theed,” she explained. “You were removed from a bacta tank thirty minutes ago. Your vision will return to normal soon.”

He cleared his throat and spoke again. “Where’s Anakin?”

“Padawan Skywalker is currently visiting Master Renashaii in the…”

Obi-Wan struggled to sit.

“My father? He’s here?” he interrupted.

The healer pushed him back as she nodded in confirmation. “Yes, he’s just down the hall recovering from his own injuries.”

“What about my injuries?” he wondered.

“You suffered numerous broken bones, cuts, lacerations and bruises from the fall,” she said gently. “The bacta has healed most of that. But you’re still in quite a bad way and you need to rest.”

“My…my arm?” he rasped, his breath short.

“Once you’re sufficiently healed, a mechanical replacement will be attached,” she explained without emotion.

For the first time, Obi-Wan glanced down at what remained of his left arm; a stump that began just above where his elbow had been. The flesh surrounding the stump could not be seen due to the bacta wraps that concealed the gruesome injury, but he knew what it must look like. Unable to stomach the loss, he turned away.

“How long before you can attach the replacement?” he questioned.

“The bacta needs time to work sufficiently before we attempt to graft a replacement to your skin,” she said. “Right now your damaged tendons, ligaments and even the bone are healing. I’d give it a few days before we can do the surgery.”

Obi-Wan sighed deeply. He didn’t know how he would manage to survive for three days having to see a part of his own body missing.

“I’d like to go see my father,” he finally said. “Is that possible?”

“I think we can arrange that, if you agree to the use of a hoverchair,” the healer informed him. “As I said, you need to rest if you’re to heal properly.”

His protest died on his lips as Padme stepped into the room. “Milady.”

Padme smiled. “Please, it’s Padme. You’re looking better than the last time I saw you, Jedi Kenobi.”

Obi-Wan gave her a tired smile. “To what do I owe the pleasure of your presence?”

“I was with Anakin in Master Renashaii’s room and I came back here when Sabe informed me that you had been removed from the bacta tank,” she told him easily. “I thought you might be up for a visit with your father.”

Obi-Wan nodded eagerly as he again sat up. He was about to turn sideways and place his feet on the floor when the healer appeared before him with a hoverchair.

“I said no to that,” he snapped.

Before the healer could respond, Padme did. “You either use the hoverchair or you don’t go, Kenobi. The choice is yours. Consider that a royal directive.”

He took a deep breath, trying desperately to contain his temper as he looked at her. “Fine. let’s go.”

Padme helped him into the chair and off they went.

Anakin was still softly speaking to the unconscious Xanatos when Obi-Wan and Padme entered the room.

“Ani?” Obi-Wan called softly. “How is he?”

Anakin flinched, then turned. His eyes widened as he took in Obi-Wan’s appearance, immediately seeking the area that should have been occupied by his left arm.

He cleared his throat and spoke gently. “He’s holding his own. The healers say he’s going to be fine. His injuries are healing. He’ll still need surgery to attach prosthetic replacements for his arm and hands. He just has to wake up now.”

Obi-Wan guided his chair to the side opposite Anakin. Obi-Wan rested his hand on his father’s chest.

“Father?” Obi-Wan whispered. “Father, can you hear me?”

When there was no response, he hung his head.

Anakin reached over and rested a hand on his right forearm to grab his attention. Their eyes met, and Anakin spoke.

“He’s going to wake up, Obi-Wan,” he intoned firmly. “He’s going to wake up and he’s going to tell us exactly who did this to him.”

“Dooku,” Obi-Wan spat angrily.

Anakin agreed, his own anger rising as he thought about the Sith. “He will pay, Obi-Wan. He will pay. We’ll make sure of that.”

Both men went back to their vigil over Xanatos as Padme watched and listened from the doorway, her face awash in unmasked worry and trepidation. She didn’t want to think about what a Jedi bent on revenge could do.

“Force, protect them both,” she whispered as she walked from the room, leaving them alone.

2. princess_of_naboo

princess_of_naboo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2000
    I'm so glad to see this story back. Thanks for the PM!

3. Across_The_Stars-24

Across_The_Stars-24 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 27, 2005
    Great chapter. Thanks for the pm.

Padme is pretty tough with Anakin & Obi Wan.

I think Padme needs to worry about Anakin & Obi Wan about their vengence.

Can't wait for more.

4. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    princess_of_naboo I'm so glad to see this story back.

Thanks. :) I'm glad to be back to writing it.

Thanks for the PM!

You're welcome. :D

Across_The_Stars_24 Great chapter. Thanks for the pm.

Thanks. [face_dancing]

Padme is pretty tough with Anakin & Obi Wan.

She sure is. ;)

I think Padme needs to worry about Anakin & Obi Wan about their vengence.

Perhaps she does. :D

5. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    This fic has come to an abrupt end and is now locked. :(