main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - Legends Giver of Light-Book II: Sons In Shadow (AU~ Siriwan, Xanatos, Garen Muln, A/P)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediMaster_Jen, Dec 4, 2004.

1. Briman

Briman Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2004
    NICE...

That was very good, the plot points that you have just introduced into the story look very promising. And I really enjoyed the way you connected this into the events of Episode One, with Padme as Queen, I bet you Anakin and Padme are going to fall for each other.

Can't wait for the next one!

2. Skywalker_Angel

Skywalker_Angel Jedi Master star 1

Sep 12, 2004
    Wow. Obi kissed Siri. She enjoyed it. I loved the confrontation between Obi and Bruck. Sneaking him in there was a surprise.

Great chapter.

3. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Thanks, Skywalker_Angel.

Yes, she did enjoy the kiss--much more than she should have.

4. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Next chapter tonight readers. Yay!

5. Briman

Oct 8, 2004
    YEAH!

6. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Chapter 4

In Obi-Wan’s estimation, his former master didn’t look much different than he had a decade previous. His hair was still shoulder-length, but was now much more gray and white. His beard was now all white. His clothing appeared to be new.

“Reporting as requested, Masters,” Qui-Gon stated as he and his teenage padawan bowed before the Council.

“A mission for you, we have,” Yoda began. “Dangerous, it will be. Go to Naboo, you will, and help in the rescue of prisoners.”

“As you wish, Master,” Qui-Gon replied. “Will that be all?”

“That’s all, Master Jinn. The mission briefing will be downloaded into a datapad for you to review,” Mace told him. “You and your apprentice will be traveling with Knight Tachi, Master Renashaii, Padawan Skywalker and Knight Kenobi.”

Qui-Gon shifted his gaze for the first time towards Obi-Wan and Xanatos. He gave little more than a quick nod in their direction before turning his attention to his teenage apprentice.

“Come along, Jaden,” he said to the young man with red spiked hair and bright green eyes.

“Yes Master,” the young man said, his voice respectful.

The pair once again bowed before the Council before taking their leave. Qui-Gon didn’t spare a glance at either of his former apprentices on his way out. They may as well have not been standing there at all.

“Master, what exactly is my purpose on this mission?” Siri stepped forward to ask.

“Partner with Obi-Wan, you will. To rescue the queen, your mission is,” Yoda told her.

“Understood, Master,” she answered somewhat hesitantly, trying to ignore the look Obi-Wan was giving her.

“Your transport leaves in five hours. In that time, I suggest all of you think carefully about this mission and what it’s success, or failure, would mean for the Nubian people, and for the Republic. I fully expect that each of you will be able to put aside personal feelings and do your duty,” Mace said, his gaze lingering on Obi-Wan and Siri as he spoke.

Moments later, they were dismissed from the Council chamber.

When the doors shut, Mace looked at Yoda and spoke.

“Have we created a problem in letting him have his freedom from our Code?” he asked, referring to Obi-Wan.

“Hard to see, the future is,” Yoda said cryptically. “A problem he may become. A problem he may not become, but if fails he does, lose them both we will; Obi-Wan and Anakin. Destroyed, the Jedi will be. Destroyed, the Republic will be.”

“Will he fail?” Mace questioned carefully, knowing Yoda knew more than he was revealing.

He never expected the answer he got.

“Yes. Fail, he will. How badly, know that I do not.”

Obi-Wan didn’t know why he was there. He hadn’t seen nor spoken to Qui-Gon Jinn in ten years. He didn’t know why he suddenly felt the need to see the man that had begun his training.

“Come on Kenobi, don’t be a coward. Ring the chime,” he whispered to himself as he pressed the door chime.

The door slid open and the young man Obi-Wan had seen with Qui-Gon stood before him.

“Can I help you?” the young man asked.

Finding his voice, Obi-Wan spoke. “Yes, I’m here to see Master Jinn. Tell him its Obi-Wan Kenobi.”

Nodding, the young man stepped aside so Obi-Wan could enter. “I’ll go tell him you’re here, Knight Kenobi.”

Obi-Wan simply nodded, not impressed with the young Jedi padawan. He guessed that the boy had an average midichlorian count. His presence in the Force wasn’t shining like his own, or like Anakin’s.

“Hello, Obi-Wan,” Qui-Gon said, startling the knight out of his thoughts.

Obi-Wan pivoted so fast he nearly lost his balance. Clearing his throat and burying his nervousness, he inched closer to his former mentor. “Master Jinn. It’s good to see you again.”

“Is it?” Qui-Gon asked coldly. “I find that extremely difficult to believe.”

Obi-Wan was taken aback by the words themselves and the way they’d been delivered. He’d never seen nor heard Qui-Gon be deliberately cruel to anyone, least of all him.

“Forgive me, Master Jinn,” he spoke. “I presumed you’d be interested in seeing me. Perhaps I was wrong. My apologies. I’ll be going.”

He headed for the door when Qui-Gon’s voice stopped him. “Obi-Wan, wait. It is good to see you again. You certainly aren’t the boy I remember.”

“Boys tend grow up. I grew up,” Obi-Wan said softly, as if his growing up was a bad thing. “I am sorry that I haven’t been back to before now. I don’t know if you believe that or not, but it’s the truth.”

“I don’t know what the truth is where you’re concerned, Obi-Wan. Your shields are always drawn so tightly that I can’t even sense you standing in front of me. My eyes tell me you’re here, but my mind says the space in front of me is empty,” he told the younger man. “It’s as if you’re hiding something.”

“I hide nothing, Master Jinn. But considering my power and my purpose in life, it’s in my own best interest if I keep my thoughts shielded from others,” Obi-Wan explained, his voice tense. “I thought you understood that. You’ve known for years how powerful I am.”

Qui-Gon sat down on his couch and motioned for Obi-Wan to sit as well. “Yes, I know how powerful you are, and I know all about the prophecy that says you’re destined to save the Chosen One from himself. I’m merely wondering who is going to save you.”

Obi-Wan tentatively took a seat in a chair across the room from his former teacher. He didn’t like where the conversation was headed, but he decided to stay.

“I don’t need to be saved from anything,” he insisted. “I’m fine.”

“You’re concealing something. I don’t need Jedi senses to see that. Your eyes are windows into your soul, Obi-Wan. They always have been, and they reveal your secrets.”

Obi-Wan jumped at that a little. He cleared his throat and was about to speak when Qui-Gon beat him to the punch with an accusation that was sure to have Obi-Wan letting loose a few of his secrets.

“You’ve touched the darkness, Obi-Wan. You’re tainted.”

Anakin was wandering the Temple, searching for the places that he frequented as a child. The Temple had seemed so huge all those years ago and it still did, just not on such a grand scale.

“Anakin? Anakin Skywalker?” Anakin heard the voice call from behind him. He turned around and saw a familiar face.

“Zev?” Anakin questioned. “Is it…is it really you?”

A young man just two years younger than Anakin came towards him, smiling brightly. “Yeah, it’s me. It’s great to see you, Ani.”

Anakin grabbed his shorter friend in a tight hug. “It’s so good to see you too, Zev. I’m sorry it’s been so long.”

Pulling back from the hug, the young man smiled. “It’s okay Anakin. We’ve talked on occasion, and we did run into each other on Alderaan a few years ago.”

Anakin laughed a little. Zev had not changed much. His hair was just as dark as ever, his green eyes were sparkling and his personality was still bubbly. He was powerful too. Not like himself and Obi-Wan, or even Xanatos, but Zev Irigaard would be a powerful Jedi Knight in a few years.

“I’m leaving on a mission in a few hours. We could…,” he stopped, knowing anything he said would sound trivial, or like he was just trying to placate Zev.

“Anakin, it’s okay. I’m just glad to see you again.”

“I’ll be on Naboo. The mission is dangerous, so…well, I just have a feeling that this may be the last time we see one another.”

Zev briefly wondered if his friend knew something he didn’t. “Well then, may the Force be with you, my friend.”

“May the Force be with you, Zev. You’ve been a great friend over the years. I wanted you to know that in case…” he let the sentence hang.

They shared a crisp handshake and brotherly hug before Zev turned around and walked away, again with the feeling that Anakin knew something he didn’t and wasn’t meant to know.

The Force often whispered to its Chosen One. Anakin could hear it so clearly on occasion. He heard it clearly now.

Anakin smiled sadly to himself as he watched his friend retreat. “Goodbye, my friend. You’ll be gone before your time.”

“You think I’ve touched the dark side?” Obi-Wan asked, shocked that his former mentor would suggest such a thing.

“On the contrary, I know you’ve touched it, and embraced it even,” Qui-Gon stated arrogantly.

Obi-Wan stood from his chair and headed for the door. “You’re losing your mind, old man. I’ve never used the dark side, unlike you. You’re the one that murdered my grandfather in cold blood because he had the audacity to want to get to know his son and vice versa.”

“Lies. It’s all lies, young one,” Qui-Gon stated. “I didn’t attack your grandfather, I merely defended myself when he attacked me.”

“You wanted him dead!” Obi-Wan yelled. “You got what you wanted, by your own blade which I’m sure made it an even more special a victory for you.”

Qui-Gon’s padawan, sixteen-year-old Jaden Houchler came into the common room and looked back and forth between his master and Obi-Wan. He see as well as sense the tension boiling just beneath the surface in both men.

“Is there a problem, Master?” he asked, leery of the Jedi Knight in the room.

“No Padawan, everything is fine. Go back to your room and continue your studies.”

“But Master…” he began.

“He told you to leave,” Obi-Wan interrupted the teenager. “I suggest that you do as you’re told before you get hurt.”

Jaden had just turned and left when Obi-Wan turned to Qui-Gon.

“Never accuse me again,” he told his former mentor. “You have no idea what you’re talking about.”

Walking away, Obi-Wan was almost out the door when he felt a danger spike in the Force. He pivoted quickly and ignited his saber at the same time. Blue and green came together in a spark of pure energy.

“Fighting me is a bad idea for you, Qui-Gon,” Obi-Wan taunted. “You may get hurt, or worse.”

Qui-Gon stepped away from his former student and watched what the younger man would do. Obi-Wan’s normally blue-gray eyes that had been so welcoming when he was a child were now darkened in rage. His heartbeat was strong, but was racing a parsec a minute.

Obi-Wan watched as Qui-Gon disengaged his green saber and clipped it back on his belt. He was giving up, quitting. Obi-Wan would make him pay for his accusations and his reluctance to fight.

“Bad choice, Jinn,” he spat before swinging his saber in a low arch. The upswing sliced Qui-Gon’s left arm off at the shoulder.

“Ah!” came the agonized scream from the Jedi master.

Qui-Gon fell to his knees and was about to fall to the floor when his apprentice came running into the room. He caught the Jedi under his arms as he went unconscious.

Jaden looked up at Obi-Wan. “You’ll pay for this.”

Obi-Wan smiled evilly. “Don’t be foolish, boy. I really don’t want to have to kill you.”

Jaden didn’t have time to ignite his own saber before he watched Obi-Wan kneel before him and reach out with his hand, touching Jaden’s face. He felt Obi-Wan’s mind reaching into his own. The pain was almost unbearable as Obi-Wan reached into his memory center. He tried to fight, but the power and force behind the intrusion was far too great for a mere padawan to combat.

Watching the boy fall unconscious next to his master, Obi-Wan then reached down and put his hand on Qui-Gon’s forehead. He closed his eyes and reached into his mind as well, creating a block on the memory of this event. Neither of them would ever remember having spoken to him.

“You should have listened to me, Master Jinn. I might have been able to spare you this,” Obi-Wan told the unconscious man. “Next time I hope you heed my warning.”

He thumbed his own saber off and clipped it back on his belt. He stepped over the motionless bodies of master and apprentice and quickly left the apartment. He had an appointment with Senator Palpatine that he couldn’t miss.

As Obi-Wan walked towards the exit of the temple, Garen Muln watched from a discreet point across the main hall. He knew that something was wrong with Obi-Wan Kenobi, but he didn’t know what. He intended to find out.

7. Briman

Oct 8, 2004
    Very good chapter!

That was a very well written chapter, and you are becoming an expert on writing Obi-Wan evilly, I'm really enjoying this. Geez, Obi-Wan has lost it, and big time too, I mean he just cut off Jinn's arm, too bad no one will know about...or will they?

I'm curious to find out what happens with Anakin, I have a feeling he is going to play a major role in the events that are coming up. And I really liked the idea of Obi-Wan and Palpatine having a meeting, I bet that will turn out very interesting.

GREAT CHAPTER!

8. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Briman~Very good chapter!

Thanks.

That was a very well written chapter, and you are becoming an expert on writing Obi-Wan evilly, I'm really enjoying this.

Wow, thanks. I'm actually finding that writing Obi as evil is easier for me than anything else.

Geez, Obi-Wan has lost it, and big time too, I mean he just cut off Jinn's arm, too bad no one will know about...or will they?

Oh, someone might know--but not who you might think.

I'm curious to find out what happens with Anakin, I have a feeling he is going to play a major role in the events that are coming up.

That he is. The next few chapters will feature Anakin a lot. He's about to face his first fork in the road.

And I really liked the idea of Obi-Wan and Palpatine having a meeting, I bet that will turn out very interesting.

To say the very least--it will be explosive.

GREAT CHAPTER!

Thanks again.

9. Skywalker_Angel

Skywalker_Angel Jedi Master star 1

Sep 12, 2004
    This keeps getting better and better. Obi's getting closer and closer to losing it completely.

I hope Garen doesn't get hurt if he gets to close to the truth.

What's up with Anakin's prediction about his friend Zev?

Great story.

10. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Skywalker_Angel~This keeps getting better and better. Obi's getting closer and closer to losing it completely.

Thanks. yep, he's taking those baby steps in the wrong direction.

I hope Garen doesn't get hurt if he gets to close to the truth.

Let's hope not.

What's up with Anakin's prediction about his friend Zev?

Well, Anakin knows something is wrong, but he doesn't know how he knows. Does that make sense?

Great story.

Thanks again.

11. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    I can't wait until Xan discovers what Obi's been up to. That will be an interesting confrontation.

12. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Bekah_K~I can't wait until Xan discovers what Obi's been up to. That will be an interesting confrontation.

It certainly will. Thanks for reading.

13. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Ok it was so cool up until he cut Qui's arm at the elbow and then it became :eek: What on earth?!

Wowzers... he's more than touched the DS hehehehehehe poor Qui and Jaden :( At least Garen knew that Obi had been by there. Now will Garen investigate or hear of Qui's prob... how on earth is Qui gonna be able to help rescue those prisoners now? Hrmmm [face_thinking] now that's gonna be interesting indeed.

Hehehe Obi and Siri alone? Now that will be interesting indeed! Obi going to meet Senator Palps? Hrmmm even more interesting! :D

Great job!!

14. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    I was attracted to this story by the trailer in resource. I'll get back to you once I've caught up.

15. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    Okay, What in the three moons of Tatooine is going on?

16. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    My 800th post. Yay. =D=

Kynstar~Ok it was so cool up until he cut Qui's arm at the elbow and then it became What on earth?!

That's a good thing though. I wanted the shock value there.

At least Garen knew that Obi had been by there. Now will Garen investigate or hear of Qui's prob...

Yes he will.

how on earth is Qui gonna be able to help rescue those prisoners now?

He's not. ;)

Obi and Siri alone? Now that will be interesting indeed!

It sure will. Them being alone together will have major consequences.

Obi going to meet Senator Palps? Hrmmm even more interesting!

The meeting will certainly be informative.

Great job!!

Thanks.

flowerbee~I was attracted to this story by the trailer in resource. I'll get back to you once I've caught up.

Thanks for ckecking it out. That was the first trailer I've ever written--glad it caught your attention.

ZaraValinor~Okay, What in the three moons of Tatooine is going on?

[face_laugh] What isn't going on? Everything you can imagine is happening right now.

Thanks for reading.

17. Briman

Oct 8, 2004
    Happy 800th post!

18. TraxxasJedi

TraxxasJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2004
    800th? you sure?

19. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Briman~Thanks.

TraxxasJedi~Yeah, I'm sure. 800 total, not just in this fic or in the fan fiction section.

20. TraxxasJedi

TraxxasJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2004
    oh yu mean your total post count. I see.

21. Briman

Oct 8, 2004
    3rd page...I think not.

UP!

22. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Thanks for the ups Briman.

TraxxasJedi Yep, total posts.

The next chapter of this fic will be posted this weekend. Get ready.

23. Briman

Oct 8, 2004
    Can't wait!

24. Briman

Oct 8, 2004
    6th page... :mad:

Not on my watch! Up you go!

Soooo...when's next chapter :p

25. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Hello readers. I'm finishing up the next chapter right now. It'll be posted shortly--after I watch Star Trek: Enterprise. [face_laugh] I love that show.