main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - Legends Giver of Light-Book II: Sons In Shadow (AU~ Siriwan, Xanatos, Garen Muln, A/P)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediMaster_Jen, Dec 4, 2004.

1. PureBlood_Jedi

PureBlood_Jedi Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2004
    Wonderful chapter, Jen.

I liked the part with Siri telling Garen why she thinks Anakin and Obi-Wan have been treated differently from other Jedi. It makes sense that Yoda and Mace would see the friendhsip between Ani and Obi as the only way any of them will survive.

I hope Qui and Jaden remember soon.

2. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Thanks, PureBlood.

I liked the part with Siri telling Garen why she thinks Anakin and Obi-Wan have been treated differently from other Jedi. It makes sense that Yoda and Mace would see the friendhsip between Ani and Obi as the only way any of them will survive.

Glad you liked it. It's not so much that Yoda and Mace think the bond between Obi and Ani can save them all, it's that they know for sure that if there is even a hint of discourse between the two, they don't stand a chance against whatever they must face.

I hope Qui and Jaden remember soon.

Don't worry, one of them will.

3. Skywalker_Angel

Skywalker_Angel Jedi Master star 1

Sep 12, 2004
    Hey sis, where's that next chapter? I'm waiting patiently.

4. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Chapter 8

Obi-Wan was meditating in the cargo bay when the snap-hiss of a lightsaber caught his attention. He stood slowly and turned to face the presence he’d felt approaching moments before he entered; Anakin.

“Care to spar, big brother?” the younger man asked.

Obi-Wan smiled and quickly called his own saber into his hand. He barely had a chance to ignite the sparkling blue blade before Anakin launched into his hurried attack; blue met green in a powerful clash above their heads. Anakin quickly began to press his height advantage. Back and forth they went, high arching blows met with quick and accurate parries.

“You’re getting better, Ani,” Obi-Wan quipped as he blocked another strong swipe from Anakin’s sizzling green saber.

“Better than you,” Anakin fired back as he leveled a strike at Obi-Wan’s knees, causing the elder Jedi to leap into the air using the Force. He somersaulted and landed softly behind Anakin. The heat of the blade against his neck had Anakin conceding defeat.

“How do you do that?” Anakin asked, his breath a little short.

Obi-Wan deactivated his blade and clipped his saber back to his belt. “I don’t really know. I can…feel what you’re going to do before you do it. It’s sort of like a holo-film in my mind. I see the battle play out as I’m fighting it.”

“So, you knew I was going to go at your knees before I did?” Anakin asked, skeptical of Obi-Wan’s explanation for his quick reflexes.

“It was more of a feeling rather than actually knowing. I truly cannot explain it, Anakin, it’s just something I can do.”

“I wish it was something that I could do,” Anakin replied. “You’ve always been a better swordsman than I am.”

Obi-wan just shrugged. He knew that as the Chosen One, Anakin had considerable power. But Anakin had yet to learn complete control of his abilities. He was still reckless in his approach to using the Force. That was why he lost the practice duel.

“Give yourself time, you’re not a knight yet,” Obi-Wan explained. “It’ll come. Learning to control my abilities is a constant battle for me.”

Anakin nodded his head for a few moments before looking at Obi-Wan, their two pairs of blue eyes meeting.

“What happened between you and Siri?” he asked bluntly.

Obi-Wan was quiet. He took a few deep breaths, but still did not speak.

“You love her, don’t you?” Anakin asked, sounding sure of his perception of the situation.

“Yes, I do,” Obi-Wan intoned quietly. “I know that I shouldn’t but…I can’t help my feelings.”

“What about Dasha?” Anakin wondered. “You were so certain that she was the one. Now, you’ve changed your mind?”

“It’s maddening, Anakin,” Obi-Wan attempted to explain. “I love my wife, don’t get me wrong, but it’s so different with Siri. She understands me; my emotions and my feelings.”

“Is she worth it, Obi-Wan?” Anakin asked quietly. “Is she really worth throwing away your marriage?”

Obi-Wan’s blue-gray eyes met Anakin’s blue ones with a piercing intensity. “She’s worth everything, Anakin. I can feel it.”

”Sleep well, my little ones,” Xanatos whispered to the two young children, both of whom possessed their father’s blue-gray eyes. “You’ll be safe here. I’ll guard your lives with my own.”

“Are they finally sleeping?” asked Siri Tachi from her position behind him.

Xanatos turned around to face the young woman that had just given birth to his first grandson nearly two months before. “Yes, finally. It took nearly an hour for me to calm them down.”

Siri stepped closer and peered down into the hover-crib that snuggly held the small half-siblings. The elder of the two, the child of Obi-Wan Kenobi and his wife Dasha Braitano, was just days before her first life-day. The girl, named Nallah after her maternal great-grandmother, was wide-awake and staring up at Siri as she smiled down at the small child.

“Nallah looks so much like Obi-Wan,” she said, more to herself than out loud.

Xanatos’ exceptional hearing caught her words anyway.

“So does your son,” he told her. “Kael looks very much like Obi-Wan as well, Siri. He is just as much Obi-Wan’s child as Nallah, despite his illegitimate beginning.”

Siri reached down into the hover-crib and ran her hand down the side of her son’s baby soft cheek. The infant child turned his head to the side, but did not awaken. He was but a few months old, newly born of his mother’s womb; too young to understand that he was ill begotten and fatherless.

“He will be a great Jedi one day,” Xanatos quietly said to her. “They both will.”

Siri lifted her eyes from the children to look at Xanatos. “If they live that long.”

”You can’t take him, Obi-Wan! Please!” Dasha yelled at her husband as he grabbed their two-year-old daughter, Nallah. The girl was screaming; tears pouring down her cheeks.

Obi-Wan, clad in black from head to toe and a red-bladed saber clenched in his black-gloved left hand, sneered at his wife. “I can do as I wish. The girl is
    my daughter as well. You’ll do well to remember that, Dasha.”

“Please Obi-Wan, she’s all I have left,” Dasha plead with him.

“Then now you have nothing,” he spat at her before turning and leaving the room with Nallah, still screaming, tucked safely against his chest.

”I can’t believe she’s gone. My little girl is…” Dasha tried to get out through her grief and her tears.

Anakin Skywalker sat down beside her and pulled her into a brotherly hug, trying his best to offer comfort. “Obi-Wan won’t get far, Dasha. Every Jedi in the galaxy is looking for him. He cannot evade them all.”

“Anakin’s right. He’s out there, and he’ll be found,” Padme Skywalker said to the other woman. “Nallah will be returned to you.”

Dasha shared a look with Anakin’s wife. The young Nubian queen was a new mother. Her twin children, Leia and Luke had been born just a few days before. Now they were in danger as well. Surely Nallah wouldn’t be the only Force-sensitive child the Emperor would want.

Xanatos’ eyes snapped open as he was pulled from his meditations by the sound of the com-unit beeping at him. He stood and walked over and noticed that it was simply alerting him to the fact that he had a message. The time was nearly two hours before, when he was firmly imbedded in his meditations. Pushing the replay button, he waited for the message.

“Obi-Wan, it’s been more than a week since you left. We parted on bad terms and I’m not sure how I feel about you right now. But I thought you had a right to know; I’m carrying your child, your daughter,” said the somewhat shaky voice of Dasha Braitano-Kenobi.

Xanatos was about to switch off the comm when he suddenly entered a destination and began to record a communiqué.

“Senator Braitano, we have never been officially introduced, but I am Jedi Master Xanatos Renashaii. Obi-Wan Kenobi is my son. I am sorry for being blunt with this news, but it is imperative that you listen to me. I have just received news that your daughter is pregnant. She is carrying our granddaughter. I’m afraid my son has become…dangerous, and I feel it is necessary for you to retrieve your daughter from my home on Telos and see that she and her child are safely hidden. Please do not take my words lightly, Senator. The life of your daughter and her child hang in the balance.”

No sooner had he sent the message, did he hear the overhead comm-system.

“Master, we’re approaching Naboo. We’ll be dropping out of hyperspace within fifteen minutes,” came Anakin’s voice.

Collecting his cloak, Xanatos exited his quarters and headed for the cockpit where he knew his son and apprentice had taken over piloting the ship. He hoped that he had made the right decision concerning Dasha and the child she now carried. He wanted badly to one day see his granddaughter, but if sending Dasha away now kept his visions concerning the girl’s kidnapping from coming true, he could live with sacrificing his and Obi-Wan’s relationships with young Nallah Kenobi-to-be.

5. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Ohhhh now that was an interest vision... [face_worried] Frightening one too!

At least Obi-Wan has admitted it about Siri. :D Obi being the better swordsman ;) Battle meditation does wonders.. well that is if that is what you were having him do.

Can't wait to see how that goes with Obi's wife and father-in-law.

Great job!

6. Skywalker_Angel

Sep 12, 2004
    Good chapter. =D=

I can't wait for Obi-Wan to find out what Xanatos has done in regards to Dasha.

I like Kynstar's idea of battle meditation being what Obi's doing--making him see the battle before it happens and being able to influence the outcome.

Can't wait for more.

7. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Kynstar Ohhhh now that was an interest vision... Frightening one too!

It sure was, huh?

At least Obi-Wan has admitted it about Siri.

[face_laugh] It wasn't even all that difficult for him.

Obi being the better swordsman Battle meditation does wonders.. well that is if that is what you were having him do.

Hmmm, battle meditation--could be. ;)

Can't wait to see how that goes with Obi's wife and father-in-law.

It won't be pleasant.

Great job!

Thanx a bunch.

Skywalker_Angel Good chapter.

Thanx.

can't wait for Obi-Wan to find out what Xanatos has done in regards to Dasha.

It might get ugly.

I like Kynstar's idea of battle meditation being what Obi's doing--making him see the battle before it happens and being able to influence the outcome.

Yeah, I kind of like it too.

Can't wait for more.

It won't be long.

8. Briman

Briman Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2004
    WOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!

I may be out of the writing game, but I know incredible writing when I see it. Jen, this is your greatest chapter yet, so many new things to think about, and to worry about too. I loved the glimpse of the future, you kinda know what is going to happen now but you still have no idea. What in the world is going on?I love it!

A long wait but well worth it, you have done an incredible thing here. I'll try and keep up when I can, I'm not going to miss this!

9. bmw17

bmw17 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 15, 2005
    It tok a bit of a wait, but you finally got it posted, and I LOVED IT!!;)I wonder whats gonna happen...?

10. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Briman WOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!! [

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I may be out of the writing game, but I know incredible writing when I see it. Jen, this is your greatest chapter yet, so many new things to think about, and to worry about too. I loved the glimpse of the future, you kinda know what is going to happen now but you still have no idea. What in the world is going on?I love it!

Thanx so much Bri. I'm really glad you liked it that much.

As for you being out of the writing game--don't stay away too long. [face_praying] You're a great writer yourself.

A long wait but well worth it, you have done an incredible thing here. I'll try and keep up when I can, I'm not going to miss this!

Thanx again. Keep up when you can. No worries.

bmw17 It tok a bit of a wait, but you finally got it posted, and I LOVED IT!!;)

Thanx a bunch.

I wonder whats gonna happen...?

A lot!!! [face_laugh]

11. PureBlood_Jedi

Nov 8, 2004
    Sorry I'm so late reading this chapter, Jen.

Great job. =D=

I don't think Obi's gonna be real happy when he finds out what Xanatos has done.

I can't wait for the first meeting between Anakin and Padme. It should be really good.

12. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Hello readers. Once again, as seems to be the case more often than not, the chapter is finally done, though it is very much later than I had hoped. [face_blush] Anyway, here it is. It has a little bit of everything--humor, [face_laugh] old friends, [:D] and a tiny little space battle. =D= So sit back and enjoy, because in the next chapter, the action picks up with the first appearance of Queen Amidala. Yay!!!! =D=

Chapter 9

“Shields at full!” Anakin yelled as he blasted his way into the middle of the blockade. His nimble fingers flew over the ship controls, tossing it into low rolls and sideways maneuvers that had the enemy ships looking like amateurs.

“Anakin, watch out for…” Obi-Wan began to yell, but stopped as Anakin put their ship into a steep dive away from the small starfighter headed right for them.

Each sitting in a gunner’s turret; Xanatos and Garen both fired their lasers at the same time, vaporizing the small fighter. “One down, Anakin.”

“Copy that, Master. Several thousand to go,” Anakin joked.

“Just get this piece of junk on the ground,” Obi-Wan grumbled from the co-pilot’s chair. “I hate flying.”

Anakin smiled even as he continued to dive and roll around their enemies. Laser fire was coming at them from all angles.

“Shields down to eighty percent,” Obi-Wan said in a steady voice. “We’re taking fire near the hyperdrive generator.”

“The shields will hold, Obi-Wan, trust me,” Anakin replied, his voice tense as he rolled sharply away from another fighter.

The battle continued for the better part of an hour. Anakin rolled and slashed and slammed his way through the defenses put up by the Trade Federation blockade. His piloting expertise kept them alive long enough to breech the blockade and land unimpeded in the Nubian countryside, hidden amongst some trees.

“All right, from here we split up. We all have our objectives,” Xanatos told them all. “Don’t be careless, but don’t be too careful. May the Force be with you.”

Obi-Wan and Anakin each shared a hug with Xanatos.

“Well Muln, it’s you and me,” Anakin said with a grin. “Let’s go save us a Nubian Queen.”

Garen just shook his head as he followed Anakin out across the countryside. He jogged to catch up with the younger man.

Smiling slightly as he watched them leave, Obi-Wan then turned to Siri. “Are you ready for this?”

“I am; are you?” she asked in turn.

Obi-Wan smiled at her. “I’m always ready.”

Xanatos watched as they headed towards the palace under the cover of the trees. He knew they would get the job done. Their relationship would take a lesser role in the face of their assignment.

Reaching the palace had been easy, getting inside would not be.

“Got any ideas, Skywalker?” Garen asked.

Anakin looked up at the pillars that reached from the ground to the top floor of the palace. “Yeah. We can use our climbing gear. The grappling hooks will catch on that balcony up there and we can pull ourselves up.”

“It’s too high, Skywalker. That balcony is at least one-hundred and fifty meters off the ground,” Garen bit out, his frustration getting the better of him.

Anakin looked over at the older man. “Muln, I know you don’t like me. That’s fine with me because I’m not that fond of you either. But we have to work together to make sure Queen Amidala and her advisors are safe.”

Anakin was right, and it tugged at Garen’s ego to have to admit that to him. He sighed deeply as he reached for his cable-launcher.

“If this kills me, I’m going to come back and haunt you for the rest of your life.”

Anakin smiled. “Fine, just don’t come back right before I go to sleep. I’ll have nightmares.”

Garen smiled then and chuckled softly. “You’re a strange one, Anakin Skywalker.”

Together they fired their cable launchers, watching as they caught hold on the balcony high above.

“All right, keep your senses alert. If we’re caught while we’re climbing, we’re dead.”

Garen simply nodded. He understood the risks of such a dangerous task as the one they were about to undertake. Now he knew that Anakin understood it as well. The young man wasn’t all arrogance and bravado.

“Well, you use those Chosen One senses of yours to watch our backs and I’m sure we’ll be fine.”

Hand over hand; the pair began their long climb to the top balcony of the palace. Neither knew what they might encounter once they reached their destination, but Anakin knew one thing. His life was going to change drastically once he lifted himself onto that balcony.

Swimming through the deep waters of Naboo wasn’t something Xanatos had ever wanted to do again. Heading for the underwater home of the Gungans for the second time in his life had Xanatos feeling a bit like he was traveling back through time as he swam. He was suddenly fourteen years old again.

”Master, what’s this?” fourteen year-old Jedi Padawan Xanatos Renashaii asked his mentor.

Qui-Gon Jinn smiled at his young student. “This is a Gungan, young one. They live beneath the surface here on Naboo. This particular Gungan is Jar Jar Binks.”

Xanatos looked at the tall creature. His skin was tinged orange and he had big floppy ears and an unnatural gait when he walked.

“Nice to meet you,” Xanatos said with some hesitancy.

Jar Jar smiled a clumsy smile at the young teen. “Nice to meet yousa too.”

Xanatos laughed at the speech pattern of the strange Gungan. It reminded him a bit of Master Yoda in its peculiarity.

“Master, what are we doing here, exactly?” Xanatos asked.

“Jar Jar is our guide into his world. He’s taking us to speak with the Gungan leader, Boss Nass,” Qui-Gon explained to his young apprentice.

As he stepped once again onto solid ground in the Gungan city, Xanatos smiled. He remembered that mission from so many years ago very clearly. Boss Nass was a plump, burly Gungan with an attitude to match, but he’d been fair. He had agreed to the peace treaty between his people and the Naboo. It had taken fast talking and a few well-placed Force suggestions, but Qui-Gon had salvaged a fragile relationship between the two species of beings that populated one world.

“Whosa are yousa?” asked a deep voice from behind Xanatos.

He whirled around and came face to face with a familiar face from his past.

“Jar Jar?” he asked quietly.

The Gungan tipped his head sideways slightly, scrutinizing the tall human with ink black hair.

“Xani, is it yousa?” he questioned.

Xanatos was swept into a fierce hug. “Okay, old friend, you can let me go.”

Jar Jar let Xanatos go and just stared at him for a few moments. “Yousa has grown.”

Xanatos laughed heartily. “People do tend to grow up, Jar Jar. It’s been a long time, my old friend. It’s wonderful to see you again.”

Jar Jar just nodded. He’d also come a long way in the time between their last meeting and now. He was no longer the clumsy, child-like being that Xanatos remembered.

“I need your help, Jar Jar. I’ve come here to speak with Boss Nass about Senator Palpatine,” Xanatos said quietly, not wanting anyone around them to hear his words.

Sudden sadness covered Jar Jar’s face. “Boss...hesa…hesa dead, Xani,” Jar Jar whispered.

Xanatos’ head fell, his chin touching his chest. Boss Nass, like Jar Jar himself had been a good friend. Even after he had left the Jedi, Xanatos had sent and received communications with Gungan leader. “I’m so sorry, Jar Jar.”

“Hesa was bein a good Gungan. Wesa all misses him,” Jar Jar managed through his own emotions. “Maybe Isa can help you.”

Xanatos smiled a bit, heartened by Jar Jar’s willingness to dive right into any situation. “Maybe you can. Tell me what you know about the Nubian senator, Loran Palpatine.”

Jar Jar led Xanatos away from the crowded walkways and into a small office where they could talk privately. They took seats and Jar Jar began immediately. “Hesa not who yousa thinks he is, Xani. Hesa a bad one.”

13. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Oh loved the space battle! :D Of course Anakin wouldn't mind it, but Obi would! [face_laugh]

Oh the snipits from Anakin and Garen were great! :D

And Xan knows Jar Jar? Wow! That's a nifty twist!

[face_thinking] wonder what he'd think if he knew what Obi did to Qui...

Wonderful chapter! :D Can't wait to find out more info on ole Palps ;)

14. Briman

Oct 8, 2004
    Another superb job, Jen! Getting ready for the big stuff, I'm still very excited from the last chapter and can't wait to see how everything goes and leads into what we read about the future.

15. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Kynstar Oh loved the space battle!

Thanks. :) I've never written a space battle before of any length, so I was afraid it would suck. I'm not pleased with it, but at least it wasn't terrible.

Of course Anakin wouldn't mind it, but Obi would!

Yeah, some personality traits remain even when you're writing an AU. In any fic, I imagine that Obi hates flying. [face_laugh]

And Xan knows Jar Jar? Wow! That's a nifty twist!

Thank you! :) I wasn't sure how that would work. I love Jar Jar so I just had to include him and before I knew it he had info on Palpy. Important info. ;)

Wonderful chapter! Can't wait to find out more info on ole Palps

Thank you again. More info on Palpy coming up in the next chapter.

Briman Good to here from ya Bri.

Another superb job, Jen!

Thanks a lot. :) Glad you had the time to check in.

16. Skywalker_Angel

Sep 12, 2004
    Wow! I wasn't expecting Jar Jar to be there. That was a great twist. :)

Can't wait to find out more about Palpatine. Like Jar Jar says 'Hesa a bad one'

17. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Thanks, Angel

More with Palpy coming up. I promise.

Chapter 10

“What do you mean by that Jar Jar?” Xanatos asked suspiciously.

“Hesa manipulating the Galactic Senate,” Jar Jar declared in a strong, confident voice.

Xanatos’ eyes widened as he tried to comprehend the words he’d just heard. Jar Jar sounded so sure, so right. But he couldn’t be.

“That’s impossible,” Xanatos decided. “The Jedi would know if that was happening. We’d know.”

“Hesa a clever one, Xani. Hides behind hisa position in the Senate,” Jar Jar spoke confidently.

Xanatos stood abruptly. He ran a hand through his dark hair. “I first met Palpatine when I was eleven years old. He was just a planetary representative back then, not even close to becoming a senator. He seemed…out of sorts is the best way I can describe it to you. He always seemed nervous.”

“Like hesa hidin’ something, huh?” Jar Jar asked.

Xanatos turned to face his Gungan friend. “Yes, exactly like that Jar Jar. He still seems that way to me. I know he’s a politician and by nature they are secretive and somewhat untrustworthy, but it seems to be more with Palpatine. He has taken a keen interest in my son.”

“Son?” Jar Jar questioned. “Yousa got a little one, Xani?”

Xanatos laughed. “I do, but he’s not so little anymore. Ben is twenty-five standard years old.”

“Hesa a Jedi?”

Again, Xanatos nodded. “He’s a Jedi Knight. He’s powerful and very important to the future of the galaxy and the Jedi Order, Jar Jar. If Palpatine has a reason for taking an interest in my son, I need to know what it is and how I can stop it.”

“If hesa takin’ an interest in yousa little one, yousa better be watchin’ out for him, Xani,” Jar Jar advised.

Xanatos breathed deeply.

“Some besa a sayin’ hesa a Sith,” Jar Jar said quietly, drawing Xanatos’ attention immediately.

“Where did you hear that word?” he demanded.

Jar Jar hesitated at first, not wanting to reveal his source.

“Where, Jar Jar?” Xanatos demanded in a harsh voice.

“From Qui-Gon Jinn. Isa spoken with him recently. Hesa sayin’ the Sith are returnin’ to the galaxy,” Jar Jar confessed.

Xanatos shook his head slowly back and forth. He wanted to believe that his former mentor was wrong, that it was impossible for the Sith to have returned to the galaxy without the Jedi’s knowledge. But he knew that, for once, Qui-Gon was right. He was right about this.

“Yousa scared?” Jar Jar asked gently.

Xanatos smiled slightly. “No, I’m not scared, at least not for myself. I worry for my son and my student. They’re vulnerable, Jar Jar; extremely so. If Palpatine is dangerous, and if he is a Sith Lord, then we’re up against far more than I ever imagined.”

Jar Jar stayed quiet as he watched his old friend pace the small office they occupied. He could see that the tall human was deep in thought and concerned for his little one. He merely stepped closer and rested a large hand on Xanatos’ broad shoulder.

Together they stared out at the water in which the Gungan city was located. Somehow, Xanatos knew that the future of the galaxy was just as murky as the deep ocean.

Garen and Anakin slowly peeked over the edge of the balcony when they reached the top.

“Three guards in front and two on either side of the entrance,” Anakin whispered.

Garen scanned the area and didn’t see an opening.

“Great decision here, Skywalker. We can’t get in there with all the guards,” he hissed quietly at his younger companion.

Anakin whipped his blonde head sideways to look at Garen. His blue eyes blazed with indignation.

“If you want to go back down, be my guest, Muln. But I’ll get into that room and rescue Queen Amidala, with or without your help.”

“You’re being foolish, Skywalker,” Garen spat. “You’re going to get yourself killed. I refuse to die because you’re overconfident.”

Without another word, Anakin took a deep breath and closed his eyes. His chest was heaving with effort. His brow was creased in concentration.

“What in blazes are you doing, Skywalker?” Garen loudly whispered.

Still, Anakin said nothing to his companion. Within moments, seven separate sounds of bodies hitting the hard ground were heard. Anakin’s eyes snapped open and a small smile took shape on his face.

“What did you do?” Garen demanded.

“Relax, they aren’t dead. I simply implanted a sleep suggestion in their minds,” Anakin explained. “They’ll be out cold for few hours.”

Shock settled over Garen’s features. “You did that…from this far away?” he asked, his voice projecting both skepticism and awe.

“Yes, I did. It wasn’t difficult, I merely focused the Force on their minds and gave a little…nudge,” he said easily.

“I can’t do that without actually touching a person on their forehead,” Garen said, mostly to himself.

“That’s why I’m the Chosen One and you’re not,” Anakin snapped. “Lets go.”

Garen shook his head as he followed Anakin up over the balcony. The blaster bolt that rung out the moment their feet hit the ground was unexpected, and startling. Both men ignited their lightsabers, green and orange merging in an array of color as they blocked bolt after bolt.

“Easy, huh?” Garen yelled above the noise of the battle.

Anakin, using his fast, harsh style of fighting, slashed through the nearest droid that was firing on them. “Yeah. There’s only ten or twelve of them. We’ll make short work of them together.”

Garen, spinning gracefully and twirling his orange saber expertly, fought his way through several droids before Force-pushing several more against the closest wall. The resounding clash only succeeded in bringing more firepower towards them.

“Anakin, destroyers!” Garen yelled at the younger Jedi as destroyer droids came from a stairwell from behind the two Jedi.

“How long are we going to wait here, Obi-Wan?” Siri asked impatiently.

Obi-Wan smiled at her. They had been crouched amongst the trees for the better part of an hour now and she was getting cranky.

“The Trade Federation’s droid army is out there somewhere, Siri. We’re going to wait until we see them come over the rise,” he said slowly as if explaining something to a small child.

“How exactly is that going to help us find Viceroy Gunray?” was her next question.

Moving closer to her and resting his arm around her shoulders, Obi-Wan leaned in and whispered in her ear. “If we wait long enough, we won’t have to find him, he’ll come to us.”

She smirked at him. “I’m serious. We must complete this mission. The Republic depends on our success; I can feel it.”

Nodding, Obi-Wan placed a gentle kiss on her cheek. “We will apprehend Gunray, you have my word on that, Siri.”

She was nodding when suddenly she directed her eyes towards the hills in front of them. Tilting her head, she listened for a few moments.

“Do you hear that?” she asked.

Using the Force to augment his hearing, Obi-Wan nodded. “Yeah. It’s the droid army, they’re marching towards us.”

Siri stood and reached for her lightsaber. Obi-Wan’s hand stopped her from igniting the deadly weapon.

“Are you going to take them on all alone with just a lightsaber?” he asked snootily.

“What’s your plan?”

He reached into his utility belt and pulled out a thermal detonator. “If you’ll listen a bit closer, you’ll realize that only one small regiment of them are moving towards our location. A few well-placed detonators and we can move from here to out next hiding spot closer to the center of their operations on the ground.”

Grudgingly, Siri agreed that his plan was quite clever.

“Fine. Fire away, Commander,” she said as she playfully saluted him.

Laughing softly, he leaned over and kissed her lips. “Stand back, Milady. This could get explosive.”

The droids were within two hundred yards when, using the aide of the Force, he launched one thermal detonator after another at the marching mechanical troops. Explosions rocked the terrain. The fires could surely be seen for hundreds of kilometers. Quickly, the two Jedi jumped into the speeder they had commandeered near the palace. Obi-Wan expertly weaved through the smoking remains of the deadly droids. The ashy battlefield was left behind as they rushed away.

18. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Arrogant to the last, Anakin is. *Shaking of head* And a braggart! ;) Poor Garen ;)

Figured Obi would find a way to sneak a kiss in! ;) Lucky Siri, eh girls? [face_mischief]

Can't wait to see the outcome of this!

19. PureBlood_Jedi

Nov 8, 2004
    Terrific. =D=

Please tell me that Anakin's arrogance is at the very least going to get him permanently disabled. [face_praying] Really, he's a little snot.

Loved the fight though between the droids and Anakin and Garen. Thought it was very well-written.

Can't wait for more.

20. Briman

Oct 8, 2004
    Sorry, I missed it! Caught up, another great chapter, enjoyed the action. I'm patiently waiting, I am a big fan of dramatic writing and I can't wait to see what you do with Obi-Wan and Anakin, it's going to be good that is for sure.

21. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Kynstar Arrogant to the last, Anakin is. *Shaking of head* And a braggart! Poor Garen

Yep, poor Garen indeed. Anakin just may end up being glad he's there, though. ;)

Figured Obi would find a way to sneak a kiss in!

He's good at that, isn't he?

Can't wait to see the outcome of this!

It's coming.

PureBlood Terrific.

Thanks

Really, he's a little snot.

Yes he is. He'll grow out of it, mostly. ;)

Loved the fight though between the droids and Anakin and Garen. Thought it was very well-written.

Thank you.

Briman Caught up, another great chapter, enjoyed the action. I'm patiently waiting, I am a big fan of dramatic writing and I can't wait to see what you do with Obi-Wan and Anakin, it's going to be good that is for sure

Thanks a bunch, Bri. Good to see ya here.

Author Note

The next chapter is almost down and will be posted very soon. Thanks for reading and staying interested.

22. Briman

Oct 8, 2004
    Your killing me with anticipation here, Jen!

23. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Briman~Your killing me with anticipation here, Jen!

Wait no more, Briman. Here it is, the next chapter. Finally!!! =D=

Chapter 11

“Anakin, destroyers!” Garen yelled at the younger Jedi as destroyer droids came from a stairwell from behind the two Jedi.

Blaster fire rang out suddenly. Anakin barely had time turn around and raise his lightsaber to defend himself before he was attacked. Worse, these droids had shields. Directing their fire back at them did no good. It was useless.

“Skywalker, we have to retreat!” Garen yelled as he continued to deflect the intense laser fire with his vibrant orange saber.

Anakin had begun inching his way forward during the battle. His focus had narrowed; his concentration had intensified and the speed at which he was executing his moves had increased dramatically. He had completely fallen into the grip of the Force.

Garen stared wide-eyed at his companion as Anakin quickly used the Force to collapse the shielding around every droid. Twirling and arching his saber as if he were a Master, Anakin slashed his way through each droid. Smoking rubble was the only evidence of the battle.

“Co-come on, M-Muln,” Anakin spoke, his words coming out in gasps as he tried to recover his breath. “Those d-droids came f-from somewhere. They know we’re h-here.”

Garen was still in shock at what he had seen. He’d never seen a display of pure power such as that before. It was stunning, simply amazing to watch.

“Come on!” Anakin yelled, startling Garen from his thoughts.

Garen set off at a dead run, not far behind Anakin.

“Where are we going?” Garen questioned as they set off down the very stairs where their mechanical attackers had come from.

“Inside, but not from this floor,” Anakin replied. “We have to get lower. Queen Amidala wasn’t up there anyway.”

“How do you know that?” Garen wanted to know.

“I could feel the emotions of every person in that room. All I felt was satisfaction and a sense of anticipation for the coming battle,” Anakin explained. “If she was in that room, I would have likely sensed trepidation, restlessness, possibly even fear. She wasn’t there.”

Garen found that he couldn’t argue with Anakin’s logic at all. The young man was correct.

“Where do you think she is?” he asked, trusting Anakin’s instincts.

Slowing down as they approached the bottom of that section of stairs, the men faced one another.

“She’s in there,” Anakin whispered as he pointed a finger in the direction of the large windows across the way.

Behind the windows was the throne room of the palace. Anakin could see the seat normally occupied by Queen Amidala. She was absent, but he could sense the presence of someone…different from everyone else. He knew it was her.

Garen moved to stand next to Anakin and looked around at their surroundings. Behind them were the stairs they had just descended, as well as another set off to the left that led further down.

“I don’t see an entrance,” Garen informed his comrade.

Anakin glanced at the long row of windows, searching for something he knew had to be there, whether it was clear or not.

Finally, he pointed. “Look, it’s right there.”

Garen followed the path of Anakin’s finger and noticed a small, nearly invisible crease in the window. “I see it.”

Anakin nodded. “Somehow we need to get that entrance open without attracting attention. I can see shadows in the floor in there.”

“Well, think fast, Chosen One. We need to get in there, soon,” Garen informed the younger Jedi. “My feelings tell me that they will kill her if she doesn’t give them what they want.”

Anakin stared sharply at Garen. “I’ll die before I let that happen.”

Obi-Wan and Siri were both gazing out at the countryside with separate pairs of electro-binoculars.

“Look at that, Obi-Wan,” Siri whispered. “There are at least five or six MTT’s out there.”

“The droid control ship in orbit is placing them, getting ready for the battle,” Obi-Wan murmured to himself.

Siri lowered her electro-binoculars and looked at her companion. “Can we destroy them from here?”

Obi-Wan stood and took deep breaths, trying to calm his suddenly raging emotions. His hands were clenched at his sides as he answered her question.

“No, we can’t destroy them from here. Somehow, we have to reach that control ship.”

Siri rested her hand on his shoulder, trying to calm him down.

“We need to make our way to the Palace. We can get into the flight hanger and…” she began.

“…and nothing, Siri!” Obi-Wan yelled as he jerked away from her.

He began walking in circles, his breaths coming in short, and angry gasps.

“Do you really think just the two of us can fly out there and destroy that ship all by ourselves?” he asked her heatedly.

“I think you can do just about anything you set your mind to, Obi-Wan,” she uttered softly. “Have you ever heard of the Jedi Battle Meditation?”

“Yes, of course I have,” he told her, his voice and demeanor calming down somewhat. “What’s that got to do with anything?”

“Obi-Wan, you know how powerful you are. You can use a Battle Meditation to influence the outcome of this battle,” she told him.

“I’m not that powerful, Siri,” he told her. “Very few Jedi ever learned the skill, most notably Master Thon and Nomi Sunrider.”

“You are that powerful. You’re more powerful than either of them ever were, and we both know that, Obi-Wan. You could do it, if you’d just try,” Siri told him, her voice impassioned and persuading.

“Do, or do not, there is no try,” he whispered, quoting Master Yoda.

Siri again moved closer and wrapper her arms around his waist and looked up into his stormy eyes.

“I believe in you, Obi-Wan. I know you’re capable of great things, and successfully performing a battle meditation is one of them.”

“Why are you so sure that I can do these…great things, as you call them?” Obi-Wan asked skeptically.

“I can sense it, Obi-Wan,” she said as if that explained everything. “I just know that you’ll do great things one day. Maybe someday soon.”

He smiled a bit as he enfolded her in his strong embrace and stared off into the distance at the MTT tanks. He knew the battle was coming. The droid army of the Trade Federation would unleash their firepower at Queen Amidala and her people.

“Yeah, maybe someday soon,” he whispered to her.

“How do you plan on explaining this illegal invasion to the Senate?” questioned Queen Amidala’s closest advisor, Governor Sio Bibble.

Nute Gunray, Viceroy of the massive Trade Federation, looked at the old man. “The queen and I will sign a treaty, making our occupation here perfectly legitimate, and I have been assured that it will be ratified by the Galactic Senate.”

Queen Amidala, outfitted in flowing robes and an immaculate headdress, sneered at the ugly Neimoidian.

“You will get no cooperation from me, Viceroy,” snapped the young monarch. “I will never sign a treaty with the likes of you.”

“Come now, Your Highness. Given time, I’m sure the suffering and dying of your people will…persuade you towards our way of thinking,” Gunray said to her, his words a clear threat against the safety of the Nubian people.

As they continued down the large staircase towards the main floor of the throne room, they came upon five heavily armed battle droids.

“Commander, escort the queen and her advisors to a detention camp and….process them,” Gunray ordered the nearest droid.

“Captain, take them to Camp Four,” the droid commander ordered another.

“Roger, roger,” was the snapped answer from yet another droid. It stepped forward, blaster held securely in its mechanical hands, and led Queen Amidala, Governor Bibble and the others towards an exit at the opposite end of the throne room from the large windows.

As they walked, Queen Amidala looked slowly to her left, having seen a shadow moving outside the windows. She caught sight, albeit briefly, of two men in what appeared to be Jedi robes, their lightsabers in hand, yet not lit. A small smile lit her youthful face as she continued to follow the battle droid. If the Jedi had come to Naboo, all would be saved; her people, her planet, and herself. She could feel it deep down into her very soul.

24. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Great work :D I liked the idea of Siri telling Obi she had faith and hope in him. She's confident that he can achieve Battle Meditation. :D

Soon we'll see the rescue! Yay! [face_dancing]

25. Skywalker_Angel

Sep 12, 2004
    Wow, terrific chapter, Jen. =D=

I enjoyed watching Anakin show off his power.

Obi-Wan seems to get angrier much sooner with each passing chapter of this fic.

?I can sense it, Obi-Wan,? she said as if that explained everything. ?I just know that you?ll do great things one day. Maybe some day soon.?

I don't get the feeling that his great things are going to be good things. I mean, Hitler did great things, but they were the epitome of awful and evil.

Can't wait for more.