main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Go-Mer's Debate Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: The Phantom Menace' started by Go-Mer-Tonic, Oct 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Holy-Flurking-Sith

Holy-Flurking-Sith Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 26, 2002
    Only for people who have lost their sense of humor.

Dangerous ground, Go-Mer, and you know it. Watch it, or you'll take a vacation.

2. RogueSith

RogueSith Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2001
    It seems to me that many fans have come to represent the very things this saga is against thematically, and the horrible part is most of them don't even realize it.

[face_laugh]

Are you serious? Because people don't like certain movies? What things are you talking about? Hate, fear, and anger? Have you looked at the way "gushers" post? A substantial number of the people arguing on your side are overflowing with hate and anger! Have you ever read a Shelley post?
    I think you're really losing site of reality here.

3. Go-Mer-Tonic

Go-Mer-Tonic Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 22, 1999
    I do not affiliate myself with "Gushers".

Edit: So, when someone doesn't find something funny it has nothing to do with their sense of humor?

4. Holy-Flurking-Sith

Oct 26, 2002
    Okay, this is slowly becoming what I feared it would become.

You guys have exactly one day to return this thread to a discussion of the movies and *not* the posters or I lock this.

EDIT:

[i]This thread is about the arguments, not the people making them.[/i][hr][/blockquote]

You wrote this in the opening post, Go-Mer. It doesn't look good that you're going back on it now.

5. Holy-Flurking-Sith

Oct 26, 2002
    Edit: So, when someone doesn't find something funny it has nothing to do with their sense of humor?

Wrong, and don't overgeneralize. People can find different things funny, but it doesn't mean that someone has "lost" their sense of humor if they don't find something amusing.

There are people who find black jokes funny. There are people who find Jewish jokes funny. Have I "lost" my sense of humor if I don't?

6. Go-Mer-Tonic

Aug 22, 1999
    Fart and Poop jokes aren't even in the same universe as a racial slur and to act like there isn't a difference there is severely disturbing in my mind.

To not talk about how people approach the films is to ignore the two way street of communication that art is by definition.

If people really want to like these films, they are going to have to consider the possibility that the problems they have with the films could be caused by the way they are approaching them.

If this forum is going to turn into the "Lucas Sucks" and "Nothing is my Fault" board, then you probably should lock this.

I keep forgetting this is a "Hate SW" forum and not anytyhing resembling a fan forum.

7. Holy-Flurking-Sith

Oct 26, 2002
    Well, Go-Mer, I think you've pretty much demonstrated how shallow your premise of being "open-minded" was. You stated initially that you would be discussing the films, not the posters, and now you insist that the problem lies in them and their approach, a complete 180 degree turn.

This thread is done.

8. Go-Mer-Tonic

Aug 22, 1999
    And so am I.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.