main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Go science?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jabbadabbado, Sep 26, 2012.

1. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    You are making yourself look more foolish than usual. Let it go.

2. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    How am I?

Honestly, if I've made some sort of error, I'll happily admit it and if there's evidence to disprove my stance I want to know about it so I can review and learn.

Clearly I am missing a smoking gun so I would appreciate the opportunity to correct my mistake.

3. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Do you even read your posts? Forget about being right or wrong. You cannot sit there and insult everything a person says with some kind of riduclous put down and expect to be taken seriously.

"Do you actually believe that stuff, or were you drunk and melancholy when you wrote it?"

"Or, more fairly, confuse slogans with something meaningful to say."

Kiss my ass. It would not matter if you are the most correct person on the planet. And that's just in this thread. Your post history is a lesson in on how not to talk to people.

4. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    But, I thought you said that my argument was invalid? And that by persisting with it I was making myself look foolish?

Now you've shifted focus from the argument to me?

I'm confused. I want to understand if there's any basis left for the claim that the 1%'ers don't want consumers to have this car. It seems you're saying that the claim was in fact baseless, but you're going down in a blaze of glory or something?

5. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    The Ender Sai school of debate: "Wow! You're an idiot! Now I'll write some stuff that make sit sound all smart and include snarky comments to mak eit hit home!"

It is about you. Why should I jump through hoops for iformation you can find all the while you mouth off? Going down in a blaze of glory for what? I'm not going down anywhere. Where is it you think I'm going?

6. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    But I have provided the information. If you want linked sources, say so and I can do that too. The information overwhelmingly suggests buyers worldwide are favouring more fuel efficient vehicles and if BMW can release two mass market electric vehicles without the 1% stopping them... well, yeah, it sounds silly to me too.

You have not backed up your case. I have backed up mine. Either your point is rubbish, which is my contention and your weak defense of it is shoring up the case; or your point is valid and you need to prove it.

Again, PPOR.

7. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    And what are you going to do when I don't post proof nor retract? As I said I can go look this up and so can you. The problem is your ridiculous attitude.

8. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    VLM's right here -- there's a way to make a point without getting personal or belittling about it. You can be right and still be in the wrong.

9. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I'm all for hybrid and electric cars, but many places still seem ill-equipped to make them work effectively. There are numerous charge points in the South of England, but go up North and you'll struggle if you need to charge your electric car (plus it many models it takes a long time).

Plus the whole environmentally friendly aspect is completely void when the electricity going into the car come from a fossil fuel power station. Fusion Power is still some years away

10. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    When I was in London, Ritchie, the BBC kept airing an interview with the head of BMW sales for the UK. There was a fairly generous lease package offered by BMW to support the i3 including installing home chargers free of cost. What kind of coverage is the car getting there?

11. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Yes, the infrastructure is not there. One could put a solar panel on their car to recharge but then solar panels are not quite as cheaply widespread. The number is going up quickly, and years ago Hawaii reached grid parity with fossil fuels. I would love for every new home to be built with solar shingles. You can have a home and car independant from fossil fuels. It will cost you though. Which is why most people do not even consider it. $20,000 to make your house energy independant? I suppose if you talked the agent down $20K then used the savings to make the house over then it'd be worth it to most. Many million sof dollars are poured into lobbysists to keep subsidies away from solar and into oil. Last I checked oil companies still get tens of billions in subsidies.

12. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    OH GOD OH GOD PLEASE FIND A PLESIOSAUR PLEASSSSSSSSSSE!!!!

Seawater discovered near the Chesapeake Bay is up to 150 million years old

Source article in Nature: http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v503/n7475/full/nature12714.html

There's no way this just happens to be conveniently located next to Washington DC. Clearly the US government has been breeding a herd of plesiosaur drones in a meteorite crater under the Chesapeake Bay for centuries. Clearly this was what defeated the British in the Revolution.

13. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Did you ever read the Meg books? Something like that happens in one of them.

A differant way to name hurricanes

14. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Teaching the body to kill cancer

In the therapy, doctors first remove the patient's T-cells, which play a crucial role in the immune system. They then reprogram the cells by transferring in new genes. Once infused back into the body, each modified cell multiplies to 10,000 cells. These "hunter" cells then track down and kill the cancer in a patient's body.​

Essentially, researchers are trying to train Nick's body to fight off cancer in much the same way our bodies fight off the common cold.​

Circular Logic likes this.
  15. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
  16. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    If by "evidence" you mean "consistent results for one type of highly specific and purely theoretical calculation, both models of which are predicated on theories with little to no experimental support" then the answer is a solid maybe.

17. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  18. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
  19. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Where are my genetic engineers at?

A new and reversable cause of aging.

Short term, treatment of diabetes and mitochondrial deseases. Long term, life extension. WELL HOW THE HELL ABOUT GETTING TO THAT LONG TERM PART. Thanks.

Juliet316 likes this.
  20. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  21. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    [​IMG]

Bloody Time Lords.

Juliet316 likes this.
  22. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8