main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by KnightWriter, Nov 16, 2006.

?

Which team is the favorite to win the title?

1. Boston Celtics

8.7%
  2. Cleveland Cavaliers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dallas Mavericks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Denver Nuggets

39.1%
  5. Los Angeles Lakers

4.3%
  6. Miami Heat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Milwaukee Bucks

34.8%
  8. Phoenix Suns

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other

13.0%
  1. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    The Golfers are probably glad there are no fans, that way they don't have to worry about accidentally hitting one with a golf ball.:p

PCCViking and MotivateR5D4 like this.
  2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    There is a part of me that is too caught up in the idea that there is not supposed to be basketball in August and this feels weird. I did watch a bit of the Lakers game earlier before switching to baseball though, and I plan to watch the Celtics and Raptors this weekend.

3. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I'm used to all the offcourt stuff already. I'm able to focus on the game, thankfully.

Today has been incredible. Incredibly lethargic.

Watched the 76ers beat the Wizards.
    Watched the Phillies torch the Yankees.
    Watching the Phillies keeping the Yankees at Bay in game 2.
    And about to watch the Union in the MLS semis match.

4. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    I got to give Dana @MotivateR5D4 his due. UFC has been running since May and overall they had very few COVID-19 positive cases. I figure they have a outbreak by now but *knock on wood* it hasn't happened. White unlike Vince McMachon has taken this seriously though he is forced ro since UFC has governing bodies they have to follow.

And sometimes @Juliet316 has my uncle repeatedly loves to say sometimes the speculators saves their butts. "How many times have they hit a terrible approach shot that would gone O.B. but got saved by some morons foot and now have an easy chip on?".

Juliet316 and MotivateR5D4 like this.
  5. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    I sort of half-watch games that are on TV now. As someone said on the previous page, these still feel like scrimmage games (both basketball and baseball). And whenever I watch any live sports, it's hard to get too into it because there's always that dark place in the back of my mind that realizes there's a good chance this season won't end properly (esp. MLB) and these games will be for naught when they have to cancel the season again.

Juliet316 and MotivateR5D4 like this.
  6. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Three straight weeks of no positive tests in the Orlando bubble is very promising, though. Silver and the others seem to have all their bases covered, unlike the MLB, ironically.

7. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    suns really looking good. definitely justifying their inclusion in the restart and very much in play for the 8 seed.

8. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Haven't been able to catch any of that game but looks like TJ Warren finally came back to earth, which is a bummer. Maybe Ayton is just defending him well?

9. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    combination of being defended well and just being slightly off.

LloydChristmas likes this.
  10. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    TJ Warren was unsustainable. He somehow eclipsed Embiid posting 43 and 21 in the game we played them... and then he kept going. But, at the end of the day, he is TJ Warren.

11. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    league pass alert: dame has hit his first four threes might be about to go off

12. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    [​IMG]

That 3-point disparity...

[​IMG] .

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
  13. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    the shooting woes seem like a valid concern for the lakers. not a lot of time to find a groove before the playoffs start.

Juliet316 and DarthTunick like this.
  14. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Indeed; the next couple of games have to show some improvement there.

15. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    On the flip side, they do get to have Playoff LeBron, and that first round series should be comfortable enough to continue to find their shooting shoes without much risk of being bounced early. But, they'll definitely want to have it together before the conference semis.

We're only a couple of results from the Basketball Gods handing us OKC-Houston and Dallas-Denver as first round series in the West, plus Boston-Philly in the East. All three of which would be tremendously compelling basketball to watch.

16. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    really tough loss for the blazers. clippers were playing their deep bench down the stretch and the blazers still couldn't pull it out. lillard missed two huge free throws in the last 30 seconds with his team down one.

17. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    So, umm, Michael Porter Jr.

Were the Nuggets just sitting on that all season? Is it the bubble? Is it just patience paying off?

Because he is killing it in the bubble

LloydChristmas likes this.
  18. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
  19. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Considering Porter Jr is an anti vaccinate/conspiracy theorist lunatic, he can stay in the bubble for good.

A few months of no sports made me forget that quite a few pro athletes might be world beaters on the field, but are egg beaters off of it.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
    Juliet316 likes this.
  20. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Is he a flat earther like Kyrie?

Luke02 likes this.
  21. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Don't know but Porter Jr. is definitely a COVID-19 conspiracy theorist loon:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29559448/nuggets-talk-michael-porter-jr-coronavirus-conspiracy-theory?platform=amp

Stuff like this and Dwight Howard are not your typical stupid funny jock moments like John Kruk asking when seeing Lake Michigan in Chicago, "Which ocean is that?" or Shaq admitting that for his entire career he had no idea the Warriors played in Oakland as he thought they played in San Francisco ("Just got on the bus to the arena and never asked") but rather this is dangerous as all hell stupid. You wonder how many others feel the same and if they start to speak the same nonsense will they honestly sway a few people? Certainly not unimaginable.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
    Juliet316 likes this.
  22. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Kings and Pelicans both eliminated from the playoffs tonight. It’s gonna be a dogfight between Portland, San Antonio, Phoenix, and Memphis for that last spot.

Runjedirun and LloydChristmas like this.
  23. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Perhaps it will bounce around once they hit the playoffs but right now the NBA TV ratings right now are not looking good:

https://www.si.com/nba/cavaliers/nba-amico/pro-basketball-programming-nosedive

Meanwhile golf this past weekend was monstrous even without Tiger in the hunt at all. Really help having the PGA Championship on the west coast this year as the ratings were driven up by being in prime time.

Juliet316 likes this.
  24. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    lmao I wouldn't judge the NBA based on First Take's ratings, what the hell even is that. Sam Amico is widely known to be garbage.

Viewership in primetime is actually up according to Forbe's, and that's not including streaming services-- notable since the NBA has the youngest viewership demo of all the major sports.

Media companies need to start taking streaming in account for this b/c cord-cutting isn't showing signs of stopping. I stream tons of NBA but I'm not counted since I haven't paid for cable literally ever.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
    Rew, Point Given and Runjedirun like this.
  25. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002