main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by KnightWriter, Nov 16, 2006.

?

Which team is the favorite to win the title?

1. Boston Celtics

8.7%
  2. Cleveland Cavaliers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dallas Mavericks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Denver Nuggets

39.1%
  5. Los Angeles Lakers

4.3%
  6. Miami Heat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Milwaukee Bucks

34.8%
  8. Phoenix Suns

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other

13.0%
  1. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm not arguing the larger numbers as they currently stand. I'm saying Sam's article trying to blame the ratings of ESPN studio shows on the league is stupid and dumb, and that the way we measure viewership without including streaming is also stupid and dumb.

2. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    welp dame just dropped 61 on the mavs in another close win. if i'm the lakers i'm a bit nervous at this point probably.

3. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Dame is amazing. Single handedly dragging the Blazers to the playoffs.

4. The Jedi in the Pumas

The Jedi in the Pumas Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2018
    Nervous in the sense that we had a cakewalk in the Grizzlies and now we have a nuisance with the Blazers...

Yes. Still confident about our chances though. Dame’s going to give us the business and not signing Melo will come back to bite us, but I think we’re a better team and our bigs > their bigs(even though I love Nurkic)

5. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Is it possible for there to be a Suns-Blazers game for the final spot? I would like to see Booker vs. Lillard.

The Suns ran their record to 7-0 in the bubble today.

6. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    yeah that is the scenario if both teams win thursday. if that doesn't happen it gets more complicated and the spurs and grizzlies are still alive.

edit: sorry this is wrong. memphis and portland control their own destinies. phoenix would need to win and have memphis lose to face portland in the play-in series.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
    Runjedirun likes this.
  7. KnightWriter

Nov 6, 2001
    I feel confident that LeBron and the rest of the Lakers aren’t into the idea of chasing around either Booker or Lillard for at least four games.

DarthTunick likes this.
  8. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    it's going to be a bummer if the suns win all of their games and still don't make it. i've caught a couple of their bubble games and they are really playing well. bodes well for the future at any rate.

9. The Jedi in the Pumas

The Jedi in the Pumas Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2018
    Booker dropping 40+ and still losing is really nothing new for the NBA.

10. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Suns/Blazers would be an amazing play-in series. Dame and Booker are singlehandedly making this the epic fight of their lives.

11. KnightWriter

Nov 6, 2001
    Booker now holds the Suns record for most 30+ point games. It was previously held by Walter Davis, one of two Suns players I think he's in line with. Davis would be a superstar today.

LloydChristmas likes this.
  12. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Really wanna see Dame make it, but don't wanna see him face LeBron right off the bat. Either way kinda hope the winner of that potential series meets the Bucks.

tom likes this.
  13. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Having no homecourt advantages will make these playoffs weird, to be sure. The higher-seeded team won’t have an obvious advantage over the other, beyond the individual talent levels. So it’s probable, and even likely, we’ll see some first round upsets.

14. KnightWriter

Nov 6, 2001
    Mikal Bridges' arms are long enough to reach into a different zip code-- he's something of a black hole for passes thrown in his general direction.

15. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    For what it's worth, the Ringer's NBA restart odds gives Suns-Blazers the second-highest odds of happening, though even the highest odds (Blazers-Grizzlies) are only at 42%

16. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    So who is first-team All-Bubble. It's obviously:

PG: Dame
    SG: Booker (it's hard not to say "T" @Juliet316)
    PF: TJ Warren

MPJ or Luka for SF? Or do you take both and small ball it with TJ at C? Also I hate to say it but maybe Levert makes it helping Joe Harris win games for that Brooklyn team (just based on stats, I haven't watched any of their games)

17. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    [​IMG]

four weeks in a row, zero positive cases.

nba and nhl are doing a wonderful job with their respective bubbles.

18. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Luka is averaging 33 points and 11.6 dimes in the bubble. Both lead the bubble. MPJ gets relegated to the second team (but that's still one hell of an accomplishment given how little he played pre-bubble)

19. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    The NBA is at Walt Disney World where the players can pretty much get anything they want at a touch of a button including eventually going to the theme parks with their families before it opens. Meanwhile the NHL players are in two cities and a country where the cases are very low. Yes they are doing a great job but having a bubble especially the places they pick makes it so much easier. I am more impressed with the PGA and NASCAR who are flying are all around the country yet hardly any cases though in the case of the PGA it's not they are a group that is known to go out and party, Dustin Johnson premarried days to Wayne Gretzky's daughter not withstanding.

Juliet316 likes this.
  20. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
  21. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Raptors coach Nick Nurse is even sitting tonight on because the game between Raps and 76s is that meaningless cuz everyone is locked down for playoffs. At least we're only getting less than a week of meaningless games as opposed to the solid month or two that could happen in a regular season.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
    MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  22. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    It's August so the league is going full Summer League.

23. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I've been watching the Welcome to the Bubble vlogs from 76ers rookie so oddly I may know and empathize with them more than I should, especially if they face off against the Raptors when it means something in the playoffs

Juliet316 likes this.
  24. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Matisse Thybulle's video blogging is fascinating, innit? Even if they weren't my team I would be all over the coverage he provides.

BigAl6ft6 and Juliet316 like this.
  25. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    It's official OKC will be facing Houston in the first round. I don't know if I'm biased and I want OKC to win or if OKC really just does have a better all around team. You can not count OKC out, they proved again last night they are the come back kids. At any rate I'll be sad to see either team get eliminated, but at least one team will move on to round 2. Mostly OKC is just a fun team to watch, I've been pleasantly surprised this season, this crazy chopped up season. Never got to see OKC play live this year, had tickets but the game got cancelled. Meanwhile it's been almost a year since Oct 30th when Houston came to play the Wizards and I was at that game. Seems like a lifetime ago.

tom and Juliet316 like this.