main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena God Slayers (The Tennessee Titans fanclub)

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by The Great No One, Oct 27, 2008.

1. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Yeah, I was talking about home field, but Pittsburgh just whipped the Cowboys, so we still gotta wait. :p But yeah, AFC South Champs!! :D

We do NOT need to pass with the Steelers, we'll need to run. And mix some stuff up.

2. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    wow i don't even know what to say...

ok but WHY on 4 and 3 when it would have been an easy field goal, did Fisher decide to go for it??? :confused:

3. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    That whole game was a masterpiece of mistakes on our part. [face_plain]

I don't even know where to begin...

4. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    For starters they should have run the ball. Thats how Tenn has won their games. Running with Johnson and some White.

5. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Every time someone stops the run, we go to the passing game and just give up on the run game. Surely the Offensive Coordinator knows the way to slow down a good defense is to tire them out. I know we can't run every time, but we don't need to pass like we have Peyton, Tony or Brett as our QB, either.

I really, really appreciate what Kerry has been able to do this season, but he's not as reliable as he should be. And I don't know if he's afraid of getting hurt, or what, but sometimes I'd really like for him just to decide to run himself if he's getting crowded in the pocket... no one would expect it. I miss Steve MacNair sometimes. :(

We gotta get it together before next week, that's for sure.

6. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    all i can say about yesterday is wow wow wow wow wow!!!

Here is the updated play-offs.

7. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
  8. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    pretty nice - reminds me of the phone call we got earlier today from South Carolina's QB, though of course he was trying to get people to buy bowl tickets.

9. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    if i didn't like the colts before...i reallllly do not like them now. it is like they are playing dirty. an onside kick in the first quarter???? just sort of lame IMO.

10. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    vince...*shakes head*

i still don't like the colts...i just think they played dirty earlier...but now it is all our fault.

11. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    if you think that, then everyone played dirty against the colts in 05, particularly the titans. three onside kicks in a row... the colts didn't touch the ball but the last five minutes of the first half as a result. same thing. maybe i'm too objective or something.:p that's the problem with liking both teams.

that said, vince not having played all year is REALLY showing up...

:snoopy

12. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    don't see how you can like both teams...that is just wrong on some level.

i think colts fans can be a bit fair weather and whiney. not saying you...just an observation.

13. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    goes back to win the divisions were aligned differently.

i've noticed that as well. the steelers and the patriots have the worst fans in that respect though. they are... insane. and i've disagreed with things other fans of the teams i like have said. anything overtly stupid, or whinerish generally.

glad you don't count me in that number.

14. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Poor Vince. :p I'm glad he got to play this game, though. And I'm glad the Titans got whatever that was out of their system before the playoffs. Their momentum game was the Steelers, now we can go into the playoffs healthy.

15. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    yeah wow vince...wow...*shakes head*

now they can really hunker down...rest and be ready to KICK BUTT in two weeks!

I WANT MY PLAY-OFF ICON!!!!!

16. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Patience, we'll get the icons up as soon as possible :)

17. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    hehehe

i have to say this...amazing how earlier you never heard from the Colts fans, now they are all blah blah blah blah. ya know i love my team regardless of how they play...and i will be the first to admit when they suck.

too many fair weather fans IMO. i am being a poopy head i know. i just annoyed.

18. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    that's cause you can't yak if your team can't win. kinda gives them license, or so it seems. unless they're pats/steelers fans (the really obnoxious ones, don't think there are any over here). then they yak all year round, regardless of wins/losses.

19. Armenian_Jedi

Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost star 7

Mar 14, 2003
    I can't be the only one who saw the irony in this right?

20. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    what we sucked yesterday...and they just didn't care. vince was horrible...if you go back up in this thread you will see that i said that. :p

21. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    I don't think he's talking about yesterday ;)

22. Armenian_Jedi

Mar 14, 2003
    That's not what I was talking about.

I was talking about there being no Titans fans speaking up before this season. Then the Titans start off the season incredibly and there's a bunch of fans here suddenly. But since that incredibly start, the Titans are an average 3-3 and look like they're not gonna get very far in the playoffs.

23. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Its the same thing thats going to be true of pretty much any team. Its a lot easier to post and talk about a team thats winning.

24. Armenian_Jedi

Mar 14, 2003
    yup, I'm not knocking the titans fans... I just think it's funny that a titans fan would say that about a colts fan. :p

25. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Most of the Colts fans in here have been around all season...and, surprisingly, also the previous seasons(the fan thread was started 2 years ago, oh, wow, around the same time as this forum). I've had a Peyton Manning jersey since 2001, when everyone else in the world that wasn't a Colts fan was still saying he had a huge monkey on his back and he could never, ever win a big game. I've watched them make it to the playoffs and lose, predictably, for nearly ten seasons now(excluding the one). If Indianapolis had fair weather fans, they wouldn't have any fans by now, because, as good as they are, there hasn't been a bigger choking team in the league in the past decade.

I can't see anywhere (this thread, the NFL thread, or the Colts thread) where a Colts fan has even said anything remotely derogatory to another franchise or it's fans, not even about a huge rival like Tennessee(whose coach and...most...players I actually respect). The Colts' coach is classy, and their team is classy, in fact(except for someone shooting someone outside of Harrison's bar) I've never heard a single negative story about anyone in their entire organization. I'm afraid that, even with Fisher there, I can't say the same for the Titans players. There's not a team I enjoy playing more twice a year, mostly because they actually have a chance to beat us, than the Titans. removed

Give me a break, please. Just stick to rooting for your team, and keep all of this baseless Colts hate to yourself, because it is really very tiresome.