main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - OT Beyond the Saga GOING BACK TO YESTERDAY...Chapter # 21

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Hopefulwriter, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Hopefulwriter

Hopefulwriter Jedi Master star 3

Jan 6, 2016
    Hi Nyota
    Thank you for taking your time to read GOING BACK # 29.
    The end is near...it may answer a question.
    Lynda V.

2. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    GOING BACK TO YESTERDAY # 30
    The Later Adventures of Han Solo

The squeaking of the door opening caused Malla to call from the cooking room of the hut.

(“Lumpy….about time you got back with those green pods.”)

Chewbacca put a paw to his mouth and nodded to Han and Ben. He shuffled silently into the cooking
    room and caught Malla by the waist. A feminine Wookiee growl was heard; Han and
    Ben looked at each other and smiled.

(“Chewbacca!”) Malla’s delight was evident.

Chewbacca took her paw and led her away from the hearth to the doorway. (”Look who I brought with me.”)

Upon spying Han, Malla rushed to him and giving him a big ‘Wookiee’ hug, declared,

(“My handsome one!”). Letting go of the Corellian, she then asked, (“Who do we have here?”)

With a big smile Han proudly claimed “My son, Ben.”

Malla leaned over and placed her paws on Ben’s cheeks. (“Just as handsome as your father”).

Ben looked up at his dad. “What did she say?”

Han looked at Chewie and teased, “She said you looked like a little zympt.”

Ben wrinkled up his nose, and drew back from Malla, deciding that wasn’t something he wanted to look like.

“She said you were a fine looking boy.” Han honestly told him.

(“How about some cool jusik to drink?” Go settle yourselves in the common room.”)

The young, twin Wookiee cubs looked up from their toys as their father and two others
    came further into the room.

(“Papa! Papa!”) They rose and rushed to their father, who picked up one in each arm and snuggled them.

“Those are Chewbacca and Malla’s twins.” Han explained and they took seats on the rough-hewn benches.
    The lanterns cast a soft light and he was again struck by the comforting ambiance of the Wookiee home.

“Like Mom and Uncle Luke are twins.” Ben reasoned.

“Just like.”

Chewbacca set the cubs down, gently pushing each one toward Ben. They’d never seen a
    human child and were wary at first.

“The girl is Weese and the boy is Kiff. They have another son, Lumpy and a girl In-Kwa“.
    Han explained to Ben.

Kiff handed a carved toy to Ben, he looked uncertainly at Han, who nodded.

Ben took the toy, examining it closely….soon the three were in the floor playing with other toys.

Malla brought wood mugs of cool jusik to Chewbacca, Han and Ben. She stood and watched the
    children playing…words, grunts, soft growls and giggles passing among them.
    (“Children are children everywhere.”) Malla smiled. (“You are staying the night aren’t you?”)
    She asked looking at Han.

The Corellian drained his cup, “If you’ll have us.”

(“How is your Leia?”)

Han gave a bit of a grim smile. “I think I’m in the kempel house with her. Kept Ben out
    too long. We’ll be leaving for home in the morning.”

Malla nodded. (“Things will be fine. The meal will be ready soon…guess Lumpy got lost
    with those green pods I wanted to cook.”)

(“Here they are, mom.”) Lumpy called as he entered the common room. Upon seeing

Han he exclaimed, (“Uncle Han.”) He handed the cache of pods to his mother and grabbed
    Han in a hug.

“Good to see you, too.” Han slapped Lumpy on the shoulder. “Brought Ben in to meet your family.

(“ Dad told me you had a son.” )

Ben looked up from where he was playing with the others. “How many Wookiee live here?”

“Just Chewie, Malla and their cubs.” Han replied.

(“I’m not a cub any longer, Uncle Han.”) Lumpy said.

(“No he’s not.”) Malla smiled, (“ I’ll let him tell you about it at the table.”)
    All seven were crowded around the meal table; laughing, teasing, talking and remembering.
    It was relaxing and companionable. Inwardly, Han wished his and Leia’s home could be like this. bsent of turmoil,
    ever knowing if they would have to evacuate at a moment’s notice…leaving everything.

“Your mother said you might tell us something.” Han prodded, looking at Lumpy.

The younger Wookiee looked at his mother and Han mused that if a Wookiee could blush,
    that was what Lumpy was experiencing now.

(“ I’ve been taking walks in the woods with a female Wookiee.”)

Han didn’t know what the terminology would be for a Wookiee…dating…keeping company…

(“He’s mating age.”) Chewbacca announced, and reached for another serving of baked
    apercorn.

“Well,” Han smiled, “Maybe the next time I come around there will be another addition to the family.”
    He looked at Chewbacca. “And you’ll be a grandfather.”
    Chewbacca roared at that.

“I didn’t say you were getting old.” Han laughed and the others joined in.
    The meal over, the table cleared and the children playing again, Han, Malla and Chewbacca
    remained there talking and catching up.

(“The moon is rising.”) Chewbacca said, catching sight of the orb from the open thatched
    window.

“Time we were settling down. I‘ll call Leia in the morning when we get back to the ship.” Han said.

(“You and Ben take the room I‘ve kept for you.”) Malla told him. (“I’ll make those
    grain cakes you like in the morning.”)

“Sounds good to me.” Han said rising. “Come’on, Ben..time for sleep.”

Reluctantly, Ben rose from the floor to join his dad. “I like playing with them.”

“You have new, life-long friends.” Han told him as they walked to the room.
    A familiarity swept over Han as he took in the room; the same bed, chair, window….
    the scent of trees and the earth wafting into the room on a cool breeze.

“We didn’t bring any clothes, so we’ll sleep in our unders.” Han told Ben as he
    began undressing. Ben looked around….”Uh…where…don’t they have…”
    Han caught on…..still dressed in his pants and boots, he grabbed his blaster and guided

Ben to the door…. “We go in the woods.”
    Once settled in the big Wookiee bed, Ben snuggled against his Dad. “I’ll be glad to
    get home. I‘m kinda missing things back there.”

“You’ve never been out his long without Mom. We’ll see her tomorrow.”

“Ben hiked up on one elbow…”You said you’d tell me how you met Chewbacca.”

Han placed an arm behind his head; gazing at the ceiling, the moonlight casting faint
    shadows in the room.

“A long time ago, before I met Mom, I flew this quadrant.”

“In the Falcon?”

“Yes. There was a repair I needed to make on the ship and I landed here. A couple of mean
    men came to rob me..” Han stopped. How do you tell your child you’d been shot. “They pushed me down.
    Chewbacca saw them. He chased them away and brought me here to his home.”

“Chewbacca’s family is nice. I can almost understand Kiff and Weese.”

“We’d better get some sleep. We’ll be going home tomorrow.” Han said as he pulled the
    woven cover over Ben.

“Can we come back again sometime?”

“Sure we can.”

The house quieted and Han watched his son drift off to sleep. He kept staring at the ceiling
    thinking about what they’d been through these past solar days. Except for the danger, he liked
    flying to different places, getting a job done…getting paid…there were risks in
    anything you undertook….he inwardly wondered if he’d be satisfied going back to life
    with the Rebellion…with those thoughts, Han didn’t realize he, too, was falling asleep.

MORE… March 16th…

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Super and sweet reuniting of Chewie and his family. Maala is so welcoming and their younglings aare as well. Han certainly feels at home and relishes the peaceful stress-free atmosphere.

Intrigued by his reflections at the end as to what niche he would enjoy fitting into. [face_thinking]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  4. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Caught up again and like the way you write Chewie´s family. And Han is also an okay dad. I was faced with much worse during the last twenty years in education.

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  5. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Hi Nyota, thank you for taking your time to read GOING BACK..#30.
    Appreciate your comments.
    Things happen after Han and Ben get back home.
    Have a good weekend. Lynda V.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  6. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Hi Azure, Good to hear from you. Thank you for taking your time to read GOING BACK..# 30.
    I enjoy 'visiting' the Wookiee home also.
    Is there a turn of events in the next chapter?
    Have a nice weekend. Lynda V.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  7. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    GOING BACK TO YESTERDAY # 31
    The Later Adventures of Han Solo

“Wake up, son, we’re goin’ home today.” Han Solo shook the bed with his knee as he clicked on his blaster belt.

“Huh?’’Ben raised his head, trying to focus his eyes; weak sunlight was streaming through the window, driving back the shadows.

“Get up, I can smell the grain cakes Malla promised.”

Ben threw off the covers and scooted to the edge of the bed. Han grabbed Ben’s clothes and began helping him dress.
    “Hold your arms up.” Ben did as instructed, still sleep groggy.

“Now, put each foot in a pants’ leg.” The Corellian enjoyed this parental time with his son.

Soon, they were headed to the table for the morning meal.

(“Wish you could stay longer.”) Malla said as she filled Han and Ben’s plates with the warm grain cakes.

“Maybe we can come back sometime later, I’ll bring Leia with us…maybe to celebrate you and Chewie becoming grandparents.”
    Han winked at Lumpy.

The meal over, Han and Ben said their good-byes to the family. Kiff handed Ben a carved toy
    to take with him and Weesa gave him a hug, which the boy shugged off; much to the amusement of everyone else.

(“Safe trip.”) Chewbacca clasped his friend on the shoulder….his eyes questioning if he’d ever see him again.
    Back at the FALCON, Han started the power up sequence; in the distance, ground grass began to sway in the wake of the thrusters output.

“How long till we get home?” Ben questioned.

Still turning on switches and powering up the flight screen, Han replied. “Just a few standard hours at hyper speed.”

The Falcon started it’s low hum..a welcomed sound to Han’s ears…slowly the vibrations started…
    as well as the feeling of excitement he always experienced before lift off. Han pulled back on the yoke and the ship rose,
    turned and gained speed and altitude.

“Wow, Dad.” Ben exclaimed as the planet below began to grow smaller and smaller as they
    broke through the atmospheric barrier and entered space. Stars glowed and twinkled in the
    unending black distance.

“Hold on.” Han instructed, calculating the jump to hyperspace…..punching it in…the star-lines
    rushed by them in an instant.

“Let’s call mom.” Han said as the course was set. He keyed in the frequency on the com-link.

“Han and Ben to Leia….Han and Ben to Leia……”

The com-link crackled and then…”Han…Han…”

“We’re on our way home sweetheart.”

“How’s Ben?”

Han’s heart gave a small lurch…she asked about Ben first…but she’s just being a mom, he reasoned.

“Here, say something to your mother.” Han gave the communicator to his son.

“Hi Mom…we’re coming home.”

“Good. I’ve missed you so much.”

“Missed you too, but had a good time. I saw Chewbacca’s cubs.”

“Let me talk to you father again.”

“’Your father…not my husband.. not even Han.’”.

Ben gave back the communicator.

“Han, you and Ben come straight here when you land.” Leia sounded so serious.

“Something wrong there? Any attacks?”

“No, we’re operating as usual. Just want you here.”

“Alright.” Han matched her serious tone.

The rest of the flight was uneventful…they had an in-flight meal and Han made Ben take
    a rest time. He kept musing to himself his last conversation with Leia…she was just anxious
    to get her baby home. Everything would be fine then.
    Han tilted the Falcon thirty degrees to enter the docking bay area, slowing down and turning to
    settle in the berth.

“We’re home!” Ben yelled excitedly.

“Let me shut her down.” Han told him as he performed the moves to power down and shut off all systems.
    “Got everything?” Han asked as they neared the ship’s hatchway.

“Yep.” Ben answered.

Opening the hatch, they made their way down…Han leaving the hatchway open.

“Let me find a deck officer.” Han scanned the busy bay, spotting an officer in the distance.

“Deck Officer!” He called. The man loped toward them.

“Yes, sir.” He addressed Han…, he knew who he was.

“We’ve just completed a six solar day run. I need all systems scanned, resupplied and refueled.”

“Yes, sir….is this time sensitive?”

“Not really…a day or two will be fine.”

The Officer nodded, writing something on his clipboard.
    Sitting in the land speeder, on the way to their governmental apartments, Han absently toyed with
    the safety strap on the blaster holster. He couldn’t define the feeling he was experiencing….a little anxious…
    maybe for getting back home…he hadn’t felt this way on any other assignments or missions that had taken him from home…
    from Leia and Ben…but this one….the way she sounded on the com-link….it was just his imagination…..

“We’re here Dad.” Ben exclaimed, tapping Han on the shoulder.

Han shook himself out of his thoughts….

“That’ll be eleven credits.” The driver repeated, holding out his hand.

“Sure.” Han replied, digging into his pocket and producing the fare.

Leaving the speeder, he grabbed their flight bags.

Ben ran up the steps anxious to see his mother. Han followed slowly….
    “Let me…Dad…let me..” Ben begged, wanting to place his palm over the reader to
    confirm security identification.

“It doesn’t know you yet.” Han explained.

After swiping his palm, the door lock clicked and Han and Ben entered.

“Mom! Mom!” Ben yelled, rushing into the lounge. Han dropped the flight bags by the door and just stood there, waiting for Leia to appear.

“Hey…” Leia responded as she quickly walked into the lounge, then enfolded Ben in a big hug. “
    Oh, I’m so glad you’re home.” She didn’t look at Han. Releasing her son, she walked to where Han stood.
    “I’m glad you both are home safely.” She looked at him directly, but didn’t move to hug him, or give a welcoming kiss,
    as had been their custom for the years of their marriage.

“Ben, take your things to your room. I want to talk to your father a moment.Ben grabbed his flight bag and headed to his room.

Han had been silent all this time….waiting…it was Leia’s move.

“I want you to tell me where you have been and what all you have done…what you have exposed Ben to….
    know this wasn’t a ‘just visiting Chewbacca’ jaunt.” She stood, arms crossed across her chest…
    to anyone else she would have looked formidable in her senatorial clothes.

Han looked her squarely in the eye. “Alright…….” he placed his hands on his blaster belt, adjusting it…
    “When I was on one of those ‘legal’ hauling jobs one of the haulers asked me to deliver something for him.
    He paid me in rare gems. Chewbacca took those gems with him. I wasn’t going to cash them in.
    I thought that would be the last of it. Then Chewie called me and told me someone was nosing
    around and his family was in danger. So, I thought just a visit, with Ben, would settle the matter…
    we’d decide what to do with the gems. But, we had to sell them.”

“Not to anyone ‘legitimately.” Leia added.

“I knew someone who would take them off our hands and keep quiet about it. But, he turned
    and threatened to have us captured by the authorities if I didn’t deliver something for him. I
    had to agree, I couldn’t let Ben be abandoned there…and I couldn’t leave to bring him home;
    so, we delivered and received other threats. I lied my way out of that.”

“And Ben was there with all this!?”

“We kept him safe.” Han reasoned.

Leia shook her head… “You showed Ben the ‘Dark Side’ of your life, Han. You put him in DANGER.”

Han snapped. “Maybe he needs to know about the dark side of life…
    you don‘t put a child in a den of lerpants and not tell him which ones are poisonous.
    Ben’s in danger every day of his life, living here, being in the middle of this Rebellion.. that’s no place to raise a kid!”

“There are other things to consider, Han.” With the position I hold I can’t have a husband who’s a common smuggler.
    Operating outside the laws we’re trying to uphold. If any of those you do ‘business’ with decide to come after you,
    then we’ll not only have the Empire to deal with.”

“I tried legal hauling, Leia.” Too many rules, restrictions, regulations and I won’t just hang around here to be an errand boy.”

Leia started to open her mouth…

“And I won’t take any ‘token’ job because I’m the husband of the Princess-Senator.
    I wouldn’t have any self respect or the respect of anyone else.”

Leia took a deep breath. And in her sternest voice said, “I order you,
    Han, not to do any more smuggling. This is the end of it!”

Han’s mouth flew open in shock; he blinked a few times before responding.

“You order me? You ORDER ME?!? Han yelled, pointing to his chest.
    “You can order anyone here you like from the top officials to the one who shovels out the bantha dung, but you WON’T
    order me, Leia!”

“I can and I WILL ! I have a responsibility to everyone…”She yelled back, pointing.

A small sob quieted them…they turned to see their son, tears streaming down his face.
    “I wish I was already a grown Jedi… then I’d have the power to make you not be mad at each other!”
    He yelled, then turned and ran back to his room, slamming the door.

“Well, Han….seems you have a decision to make.” Leia recrossed her arms.

Han looked at Leia, the love of his life…then glanced at the shut door of his son’s room.

He realized he had put them in more danger, Faw could still report him and the stolen rare gems.
    By now, Vang knew the information he gave him was false and he’d have his thugs out for him….
    to protect his bomb making operation……he had too much hanging over him.

“Well.” Leia prompted again.

Two strong wills faced each other, neither one giving in…like magnets which could both attract and repel.

With a deep sigh, a bite on his lower lip, Han Solo opened the door and walked out………

THE END

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Very plausible and in character, although it is heart-wrenching. :( Thank you for sharing this journey which had a bit of everything =D=

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  9. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Hi Nyota, thank you for taking your time to read GOING BACK #31 The final chapter.
    Appreciate your comments.

Think I'll take a break (small one) from writing a while, unless an idea hits, ha.
    Enjoy the weekend. Lynda V.

10. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Two strong wills faced each other, neither one giving in…like magnets which could both attract and repel.

Very well written, this clash of wills.

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  11. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Hi Azure, Thank you for taking your time to read GOING BACK..#31.
    Appreciate your comments. They are strong willed individuals
    and wanted to portray it that way. Just my point of view.
    Hope you are doing well. Lynda V.