main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Going Postal: The 2020 U.S. Presidential Election

Discussion in 'Community' started by Point Given , Nov 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    ^ What this forum does to people.

This could literally be what a certain Ender Sai would have said ten years ago to a certain Darth_Ghost, who'd have been all up in arms about it.

Rew and DarthPhilosopher like this.
  2. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Btw. How is Ender Sai doing? Where is J-Rod?

3. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    So Ghost is the new Ender?

4. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    It wasn't 2020 10 years ago, though.

5. SuperWatto

Sep 19, 2000
    You know exactly what I mean, Lowie!

6. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

I can certainly tell you where they’re not.

7. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    But J-Rod isn't banned, is he?

8. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    No, he's not.

Darth Smurf likes this.
  9. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Considering the Saxtonites were my enemies, not bloody likely. :p
    Ender Sai took his schtick too far, IIRC. J-Rod presumably left for forums where every user's icon shows them wearing wrap-around sunglasses and MAGA hats.

10. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Is there really so little current information around Convention-time that this is what this thread has devolved to?!? :p

annikinstarkiller and 3sm1r like this.
  11. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    I literally haven't thought about that incident since I was 13 years old

also @J-Rod is 100% QAnon, right?

12. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Ender is permabanned. J-Rod I didn't even realize was gone, but I guess he is.

13. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    heels1785 likes this.
  14. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    ^ everyone's got a gimmick now.

Rylo Ken likes this.
  15. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    Allan Lichtman has two gimmicks. The first is the "keys to the white house." The second is that glorious hair and/or hair piece, whatever it is. It's clear he has a near Trumpian obsession with his hair.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
  16. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I think it's clear that I'm no fan of the top VP contenders, but Biden's buddies want to keep politics a boys club.

In the last week, prominent Democratic men, campaign advisors and anonymous donors have suggested that senator Kamala Harris, a top candidate for vice president, was too ambitious...

The former Connecticut senator Chris Dodd, a member of Biden’s vice-presidential vetting team, was also reportedly bothered by the lack of contrition Harris expressed over a blistering attack on Biden during an early Democratic debate – an odd point of caution for a candidate who has been in politics for decades and seen his share of heated fights. Dodd’s younger days as a partier and his history with women have also come into question during the process.

The former Pennsylvania governor, Ed Rendell, told CNN that Harris can “rub some people the wrong way.” And in an interview with the Washington Post, he said he noticed that the Obama national security adviser Susan Rice’s political stock was rising because she smiled during a TV appearance – “something that she doesn’t do all that readily” – and was “actually somewhat charming” in her television appearances.

It's a good thing Strom Thurmond isn't still alive. He'd be Biden's top adviser.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  17. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Wasn't Strom Thurmond a Republican?

18. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    In the end this one very simple reality just may end up being enough to sink him. So yeah, there's way too much testing going on.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  19. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I don't know where it's come from, but this strain of Ender Sigh apologism is extremely and increasingly prevalent.

No one was bothered about small quips. He carried on arguments far longer and more bitterly than others. Even from his initial post or two, the desire to belittle others often overwhelmed any actual argument he was trying to make about underlying substance. He was prone to stupid, irresponsible fits of anger during which he would make all kinds of of caustic--and too many times bigoted--then expect to be forgiven on the excuse that he was upset. He made open, repeated, and false accusations that female members' professional advancement were won in exchange for sex acts. He was an incredibly toxic person on a scale that simply has not been seen here since his exit. Can we please stop?

20. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Looking at this thread, you would think Ender was running for president of the United States.
    Anyway, yes the figures of how many Americans know someone who has been infected with coronavirus hopefully foreshadow a turn in public opinion.

21. SuperWatto

Sep 19, 2000
    @Jabba-wocky, that wasn't apologism. It should be obvious. Maybe you have a bad memory. Ghost will understand what I mean.

I'd never apologize for Ender Sai - he wouldn't even want me to - but he is a personal friend of mine so I suggest you cool it with the unnecessary slander. You just misunderstood a post.

22. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Yes. Before that he was a Democrat. What's important though is that he was Biden's friend. Biden eulogized Thurmond.

23. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
  24. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    According to Wikipedia, Thurmond hadn't been a Democrat since before I was born. As a Republican, I'm sure he'd be in lockstep with the Trumpistas.

25. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    FLO
    RI
    DA

And she praised Castro, similarly to Sanders, it's not just a visit. Lots of folks visited Cuba.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.