main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Going Postal: The 2020 U.S. Presidential Election

Discussion in 'Community' started by Point Given , Nov 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    That's not what the CNN article says. I'm not going to bother with the National Review, sorry.

2. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    I take British dossiers with a grain of salt. I saw a British dossier arguing that we should invade Iraq, and I've been skeptical ever since.

But I have no doubt that Trump cheated on Melania multiple times and abused countless women. That is beyond dispute.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
    Princess_Tina and Vaderize03 like this.
  3. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    The British dossier should be but the smallest element behind all of the meddling accusations being made. Above and beyond personal conduct, there has been ample evidence of both electoral meddling and an ongoing effort to maintain private conversation's with Putin's people, which has been summarized in several US intelligence reports, numerous Senate reports, and the Five Eyes intelligence gathering that has been publicly disclosed.

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  4. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    Having to read multiple sources to see what accurately occurred is a pluricentenary issue, I'm afraid. But cross-referencing is time-consuming, and with our high-speed lifestyles, stopping to research every other topic isn't comfortable nor always possible. At least we have much quicker and easier access to multiple sources of information than we did some decades back.

This is going to sound counterintuitive, but if you want good information, you're going to want to find a trustworthy source of information or two with an editorial line that clashes with your own thinking. Being challenged and taken out of your comfort zone by information is a good thing if you're interested in truth.

5. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    Yeah. No doubt. The problem with Trump is that he creates scandals every two seconds through every action he commits. So, the man really ought to be in an asylum, honestly, not the White House. And I don't say that lightly. I took counseling classes at DBU, but I'm no therapist. I don't know a lot about it. But I think the man really is a danger to others because he cannot regulate his own emotions properly. The way his father abused his elder brother and then limited Donald's emotional expression is a form of abuse that still lingers...and Trump has taken it out on the country.

6. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    I didn't know that the couple who was pointing the guns to the protesters was asked to speak at Trump's rally.
    What a crazy decision.

7. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    Yeah, it's a mess. Those two are not leaders. They're unstable. I mean, they pointed guns at each other by accident and then at a crowd trying to bring about positive change. Gee, it's nice to see people up there with 1950s mentalities. Not.

8. Lordban

Nov 9, 2000
    Not that crazy. There's a remarkably large number of people who approve of doing something like what that couple did and to whom, not always for savory reasons. Giving those two a platform tells all those others who approve in very clear fashion "we think like you, we hear you, and we want your voices to be heard". You want people believing that in an election campaign.

9. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    No surprise here. Still irritating nonetheless.

Also, I love how Fauci subtly distances himself from this decision and then proceeds to disagree with it. He’s a class act.

10. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    So do you think they're definitely working on coming out with a "vaccine" before the elections? And how can medical professionals respond if the "approved" vaccine is clearly not up to the standards all vaccines are usually held to?

11. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    Fauci is probably under a lot of stress due to having the worst boss in the world.

Honestly, I think a vaccine needs time, even if it takes months or years. It needs testing, like you said. Trump can't be trusted with a vaccine. That vaccine could get more and more people killed.

But the odd thing is that he's killing many of his voters by exposing older folks to the virus. By even nationalist standards, he's a terrible president. A nationalist president, in theory, would care about all the human citizens under his authority and protection. But Trump does no such thing. He only cares about himself, and this pandemic proves how foolish he is.

12. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    Any respectable physician who honors their oath to do no harm will follow the science. If the data isn’t there, the medical community won’t support it. There will be outliers, but they won’t be the mainstream voice.

13. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    On a similar note, Biden would actually get more votes if he supported things like Medicare-for-All and cannabis for all. But Trump's attacks make Biden look more cool than he is.

Anyhow, Trump says the word hoax too much. Right now, in the midst of this pandemic, we find that Trump cannot manage anything. Well, many of us already knew. But the way he exaggerates and contorts information shows how incompetent he is. After all, he wanted to nuke hurricanes and to put hydrox in the body. Well...good for you. As my late friend from Puerto Rico said...no ghostwriter...no.

Lordban likes this.
  14. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
  15. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Glitter it's very odd that you believe in a conspiracy theory that a Republican-led Senate committee, at a time when every other part of the Republican Senate is breaking norms to substantiate charges against 2016 election related investigators, would release a report that validates those people as innocent, implicates the person they are trying to exonerate as guilty, and offers cover for a political party that they are not only trying to attack, but, in your telling is actually guilty of fabricating evidence.

I guess this is some kind of 17 dimension chess. Or maybe they have more in-depth understanding of Kilimnik than you.

Princess_Tina likes this.
  16. Lordban

Nov 9, 2000
  17. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    Princess_Tina likes this.
  18. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Because all the rich people who only watch Fox News are fearing that riots and protests are just around the corner and are about to be in front of all their homes. And this couple is the image of that for them.

That's weird. I'm convinced now that they were on drugs the other night. That's twice now that they've projected that others are using drugs, first when Guilfoyle said California was riddled with heroin needs, and now this. Definitely trying to deflect focus.

19. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    Fox News has tainted the country beyond measure through its Orwellian poisons.

I think Trump needs to be tested for other things..

20. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    It was jarring when I spoke to a conservative friend of mine back when the protests were in full swing. He was absolutely convinced that a civil war was looming. And yet I had followed the protests very closely up until then, and I knew with 100% certainty that that wasn't true. That was the moment I realized just how much Fox News shapes their viewers' outlook.

21. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    They’re a bunch of sheep ready for the slaughter. I’m ready to take up arms and put them down.

22. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    best thing trump could do right now is to tell the RNC to cancel the remainder of the convention to prepare/focus on storm response - it's the card he's got that biden cannot play.

this thing is going to be devastating.

23. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    Conservative notions like nationalism has a tendency to cloud the judgment and empathy in many cases these days. It is due to a toxic mix of populism with the fascistic tendency to never disobey Trump.

I think Fox does do that. Fox does change its style, certainly, but it's a means for both corporatists to dumb people down and the white nationalists. Tucker, for example, is extremely white nationalist, and he's responsible for a lot of problems. Many people go through economic trauma in this country, and so Trump's false promises entice them. They fail to realize how deceitful this fool is. Some will learn, but many do not.

24. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    He will release a map with custom drawn Sharpie edits to justify continuing the convention.

25. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Reminds me of the cartoon where he addresses the nation from the Oval Office and calmly tells everyone not to worry, that everything is under control in the storm area... because he just got a 2nd sharpie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.