main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Going Postal: The 2020 U.S. Presidential Election

Discussion in 'Community' started by Point Given , Nov 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    Every single officer on the scene should be in jail along with the shooter. They let this monster walk past them, they let him murder two people, then they let him walk past him again and go home.

Edit: Wrong thread. But I guess it works as well here.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
  2. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Instead, he's going to do something incredibly tone-deaf, like complain about how the hurricane is stealing viewers from his convention, or something.

The only thing that Trump has going for him is that when someone in his circle isn't openly hostile, like with Melania's lame speech, he's given credit because people expect him to be 100% awful, all the time.

3. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    There's Always a Tweet:
    “Yesterday Obama campaigned with JayZ & Springsteen while Hurricane Sandy victims across NY & NJ are still decimated by Sandy. Wrong!” - Donald Trump, 2012. (He was wrong, BTW - both Obama and Romney suspended their campaigns).

And no, Trump isn't going to let some stupid, boring Americans ruin his cavalcade of self-praise! Who do people think he is, the President?

4. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Sharpies? Ha ha. Trump's strategy does two things. It empowers him among those who are inclined to accept his fascistic tendencies. But it also alienates some voters. Honestly, I don't think it's surprising that the Republican Party became this way. Nixon, Reagan, and the Bushes paved the way. But Clinton added some soup to the juice, too, as did Obama, by trying to compromise with them. The problem is that these people will only back down if they had free healthcare, free education, etc. They won't get it. So, personally, I think welfare and workfare would help.

5. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    Trump's tweets are so annoying. He's encouraged the country to act like third graders. Granted, people weren't behaving well on YouTube or other sites beforehand, but honestly, we're looking like a nation with a toddler in charge. So, we need a nation with someone maternal in charge. I mean, a man can be maternal, too. That's fine. Just we need good leaders, not b.s.ers.

blackmyron and MotivateR5D4 like this.
  6. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Yes but he's only continuing the work that was started by the Tea Party, Sarah Palin, Faux News, etc. Right-wingers have created a platform to amplify bigoted and deluded ideas, and they use it for their own personal gains.

7. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    The truly sad thing is they didn't just become that way overnight. They were third graders all along. It just took Trump to bring out it out of them and make it acceptable to behave that way.

8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Lawd, this dude...

Madison Cawthorn

Apparently full of **** and a bit too pushy with girls as a teenager.

And Trump wants him to speak because...

...wait for it...

...he’s good looking.

So Trump’s base are not only third graders, but very shallow ones.

9. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Two rich gun-toting racists claiming they're the victims while terrorizing peaceful protestors? They're the conservative ideal, of course they would get invited to the cult meeting.

(And apparently they've been ruining their neighbors' lives too for years, sounds like what most conservatives aspire to.)

10. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    Don’t worry, it’ll be Biden and Harris’s fault. Just you wait!

11. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    Biden and Harris could win this thing by not saying much. They literally could be silent for everything and just debate the two fools, and win. Trump has a nice way of bankrupting himself, after all. Ha ha.

Vaderize03 and Princess_Tina like this.
  12. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    No, it's just an example of the Senate committee showing solidarity with the intelligence agencies. They do this all the time, like when the CIA said Iraq had weapons of mass destruction, and everyone believed them simply because they were spies.

13. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Why would they do this in this one, super specific very tiny incident when at Trump's direction they are pillorying the intelligence community in every other way imaginable?

14. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    There is a nun at the convention.
    She has an incredible story.
    I was puzzled by the fact that a similar person could be a Trump supporter. Then everything got clear. It's just about being pro-life, which of course is questionable from my personal point of view but fair enough, I guess.

15. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I didn’t watch, but I think they were talking about suburbs? They live in a palace in a gated community, right next to the mayor. Not exactly what I think of when I think of suburbs.

16. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    Actually, Biden and Harris should go to the storm zone tomorrow, as soon as it’s safe, and give a speech on recovery efforts and the importance of having a coordinated and robust federal response, unlike Trump and COVID. That would troll the Twittster-in-Chief for sure.

@3sm1r

She’s preaching to the choir, so to speak. Gotta keep those evangelicals coming back to the trough!

Rew, blackmyron, Valairy Scot and 5 others like this.
  17. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    I don't know I started watching right now.

A black Republican just made the case that people should vote for Trump because it was the Republican party that abolished slavery.........

Then an ambassador is arguing that Trump is good in foreign policy, 'cause he's basically a peace president.
    There's something strange about tonight's convention. It seems they're trying to appeal to... the Left? I thought that train had already gone a long time ago.

18. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    They live in a suburb, just a very wealthy one. And yeah, they were not-so-subtly fearmongering about the Democrats letting minorities destroy the idyllic lifestyle of the "middle-class" American consumer.

19. Glitterstimm

Dec 30, 2017
    Lol, no they are not. I don't see why it's so weird an idea that they would decide to just go along with the Mueller report, which Trump himself has said exonerates him. Something I need you to understand: Trump thinks Russiagate is over, because it is. Barr might still have some "deep state" indictments re: the FISA warrants, but Trump believes he won this fight and he pretty much has.

This could help them a lot, and it would be good counter programming.

20. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    Pence is bragging about increasing the military spending.

21. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Personally I would like to see that, but it worries me that the GOP and the right-wing media would jump on it and accuse them of politicizing a disaster.

22. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Explain your thinking? Do you think the intelligence community likes:

A. Making one of them plead guilty to a felony
    B. An IG report highly critical of their use of the FISA warrant applicant process
    C. Denying senior FBI agents their pensions
    D. Having the President of the United States publicly decry them as incompetent and corrupt
    E. Richard Grenell over-riding analyst judgments
    F. Publicly blaming intelligence briefers every time Donald Trump fails to show basic awareness of something about his job
    G. Ongoing investigations from the Justice Department into their conduct
    H. Ongoing investigations from the Senate Judiciary Committee into their conduct
    I. Ongoing investigations from the Senate Homeland Security Committee into their conduct

Some of these are literally the same individuals on both committees. What is James Lankford doing, for instance? You don't really have an explanation for this. The easiest on is probably that he agrees with the stuff about Manafort being dangerous, which is only problematic because you have this fixation on none of it being in any way true.

23. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    Pence went after Obama for " presiding over the slowest economic recovery since the great depression ".
    This is surely an interesting way to put it, considering the intrinsic unique nature of economic crisis in general and the extraordinary nature of the 2008 crisis in particular. What are the faster recoveries he has in mind to compare with 2008?

24. Glitterstimm

Dec 30, 2017
    @Jabba-wocky all that stuff you list off is really just standard bureaucratic-government infighting, and point A is the cost of doing business. Government workers get charged with felonies fairly often.

You are blowing things out of proportion because that's how Russiagate works. If the Senate was really going to "pillory" the intelligence agencies they would be passing legislation to limit their powers and create additional levels of oversight. This ain't no Church Commission.

25. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    SateleNovelist11 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.