main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Golden Days of the Jedicouncil

Discussion in 'Communications' started by chitwood, Oct 13, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fathead

Fathead Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 12, 1999
    FREE SANDFARMER NOW!

2. Jeff 42

Jeff 42 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 14, 1998
    Lil Wookie!! :eek:

3. Wattowatta

Wattowatta Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 5, 2000
    Good God Almighty!

4. Dark Lord of the Jedi

Dark Lord of the Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    gah! oldbies! ;D

5. Commander Antilles

Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 21, 1999
    FREE SANDFARMER.....

........with every packet of cereal.

6. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    Good God Almighty!

What now?

7. Emerik Lonestar

Emerik Lonestar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 5, 1999
    You mean to tell me that Chyren got the axe and you kept Preacherboy?

Hello! McFly!

8. Lord Bane

Lord Bane Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 26, 1999
    Hm. Change around here, eh? So, is that change for the sake of progress or the sake of convenience?

Tell me, I'm very eager to know.

"Wipe the slate clean" - why not just redo the administration entirely by firing and rehiring everyone who deserves it and hiring new people who have yet to be given the chance? Do all the admins deserve to remain admins?

Questions, questions.

Chyren resigned.

9. Kenobi Maul

Kenobi Maul Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    How about bringing back all the trolls, just for one day, so that people can see just how badly we need the admins. Maybe we can get some oldbies to flood PSA with redundant topics too, so that newbies understand. ;) [face_laugh]

10. Nillanator

Nillanator Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 9, 2001
    It sounds like there are some who don't apperciate the wonderful job all the admins, moderators, city reps, etc. do around here. They take time from their busy days to make sure everything runs well by reading threads, posting info, taking care of users who get carried away, and all the other things that goes on that no one really knows of.

Do a better job?...you could not!!!...LOL

My hats off to em all, thankyou for all you do!!!!

Change is a GOOD thing and I look forward to seeing it. ;)

11. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    so you want change but not that type of change then?

12. Lord Bane

May 26, 1999
    I want progress, change that leads to progress.

I see this as change to satiate those desiring action. I don't see this as a positive thing.

And about stars...man, they were fun, but sure did reinforce elitism. Not that it was a bad thing...

13. AJA

AJA Jedi Master star 4

Oct 13, 1998
    A little bit of elitism might be just what the doctor ordered. I've been here since '98 and all I got was this stupid registration date.

<-----------------

14. Kenobi Maul

Kenobi Maul Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    I agree, but stars should be registration date-based. ;)

15. Humble extra

Jun 12, 1999
    ohhh yes! lets create a registration based hierachy, i propose a system of ranks upon which each member has to address each other as based upon their registration date. there are two parts to this, an opening salutation. the second part is a signature the member is allowed to use. however to further reinforce the stigmatism of this a superior ranked member need not grace a lower member with their rank, unless of course they want to.additionally you should tryto incorporate your title into you post, preferably in the 3rd person.............faiulre to comply would of course result in a banning

opening salutation

1997: You Lying B!
    1998: Oh Beloved of God
    1999: Oh eminently respectable
    2000: Oh nearly human
    2001: oh teeming Unwashed

signature

1997:
    1998: my words are like fire on the soul
    1999: opinions like these are close to perfection
    2000: with age comes wisdom, so I have been told
    2001: i try to understand but it is a struggle

An example:

if i were to address say Darth_Dagsy it would go something like this:

Humble Extra:

Oh nearly human Darth_Dagsy your idea for FF NZ and Australia is indeed good, but my eminently respectable person awaits the beloved of God Mutley's opinion upon this matter

signature

opinions like these are close to perfection

to which the reply would be:

Darth_Dagsy:

oh emininently respectable one, my nearly human self would like to know if you got eyes for christmas

signature

with age comes wisdom, so i have been told

16. Katriel

Katriel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 5, 2000
    You're all too young to be this cynical. Lighten up. Sit back..relax...and wait to see what happens before you make comments. The JC wasn't built in a day. Any changes that take place will take time to implement. The one thing you're all forgetting is that Josh cares about this place and what happens to it. Patience, young Jedi.

17. Humble extra

Jun 12, 1999
    so does that mean you approve of my ranking system and associated salutations?

18. AJA

AJA Jedi Master star 4

Oct 13, 1998
    I said it long ago, I think someone said it earlier in this thread, and I'm going to say it again: unless you guys find some way to give the teenagers their own forum, you're not going to have anybody over the age of 18 posting here. All of the original members, most of whom were around 25, have left or been driven off, and they won't be coming back. Some have undoubtedly left for other reaons, but most of them just quit because the place turned into an AOL Teen chat room.

19. Lil Wookie

Lil Wookie Moderator Emeritus star 3 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 1998
    AJA is right. A decent chunk of the reason I left was because I...don't want to say I felt old (I am not almost 30! I deny this!) but just that I didn't really belong here. But that just me.

Instead of having a teenage forum, though, have a more mature forum (don't want to say adult forum, for all that would imply.) Just an idea.

20. Lord Bane

May 26, 1999
    A mature forum would be a good idea, but how do you keep kiddy trolls from ruining it? I'd love to see a place where the topic discussions are restricted only by good taste and not moral objection.

21. Humble extra

Jun 12, 1999
    there is a practical solution, outside of creating a new forum for adults, which i fear is not something the current administration does not want to contemplate............just colonise one of the lesser frequented fanforce boards.......quite alot are dead, or just get an admin buddy if you have one to create a new country/region that you know will not have any online starwars fans, say British Indian Ocean Territories or Pitcairn Island, or maybe the Cabinda Strip.....

22. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    So I could be the City Rep for the 12th and Main St. Fanforce chapter?

23. LOOKIE_HERE

LOOKIE_HERE Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2001
    (no message)

24. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    unless you guys find some way to give the teenagers their own forum, you're not going to have anybody over the age of 18 posting here

You have to remember that there are also a lot of mature youngsters under 18 years old here who in fact post very good discussions. It's not fair to assume that all those under 18 years old all don't post any good stuff. By segregating the forums, you're just going to have complaints that the young users who want better and serious discussions are not able to do so without people asking why they don't stay "in their own forum".

And there are also a lot of trolls who are more than 18 years old, unfortunately... :(

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  25. AJA

AJA Jedi Master star 4

Oct 13, 1998
    This is a decision TF.N has to make for itself. The reality is clear, which is that place has been flooded with teenagers and everyone who used to post here has been driven off. Maybe they've already made their decision, and they've just written off the older Star Wars fans in favor of catering to the teen/AOL crowd. If so, it's a pretty sleazy decision, considering it was made by people who are, or were at one time, like the people who used to post here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.