main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Good Guys Wear White - The Clone Trooper Discussion Workshop - New Challenge 2/10!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Kudzu, Sep 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
    Greetings and hello. My name is Kudzu, and I'll be your host. It struck me that when Reeft has his own (albeit neglected) character discussion workshop thread and everyone's favorite standardized infantry of the Old Republic doesn't, there's something seriously wrong. Seriously, can Reeft operate a Z-6 rotary blaster and speak with a Maori accent? I didn't think so.

Let's get this party started, then. Basically, it'll go down like this - I put up a topic for discussion, and as soon as it has been discussed to my satisfaction, I'll put up a new topic. Why this somewhat selective system? Because, dear friends, every time I set up a solid timeframe, it doesn't work out right. This method is subject to change - and change comes from people participating. You hear that? Participate! :p

Also: challenges. Yes, challenges. They are very fun, exciting, and otherwise awesome - unfortunately, there's a temporary ban on creating new ones, so I'll hold off until it is lifted. Shouldn't be too long before then. After that, challenges will be periodically offered, and if you're clone enough to do them, you just might get a cookie.

And with that: Begun, the Clone Trooper Discussion Workshop thread has!

Topic 9/10/05 - Find a quote that you think accurately describes clone troopers and explain why it does. Feel free to critique others' findings as well.

STORY INDEX
    Last updated on June 25th, 2006.

Notice: If you have a fanfiction that you want to have indexed here, please PM me or post about it in this topic.

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/The_Saga/b10476/21137753/?0]All in a Day's Work[/link]

Authors: Antilles2001 and Kudzu
    Timeframe: Clone Wars, Year Three
    Characters: Many - among them are: Kit Fisto, Bant Eerin, RC-1138 ?Boss?, RC-1140 ?Fixer?, RC-1207 ?Sev?, RC-1262 ?Scorch?, RC-1309 ?Niner?, RC-1136 ?Darman?, RC-3222 ?Atin?, RC-8015 ?Fi?, Palpatine, Grievous, OCs
    Genre: Action/Philosophy/Angst/Intrigue
    Summary: The oceanic world of Asceplis is just one of many to fall beneath General Grievous's overpowering onslaught. In response, a Jedi duo, an ARC trooper, and two squads of clone commandoes are dispatched along with three clone battalions - come what may, they will persevere or they will die trying.
    Disclaimer: Unofficial, unoriginal characters property of Lucasfilm, etc etc.
    Notes:When Antilles2001 approached me about writing a multi-part collaborative fanfiction, I was quick to accept it. I'm glad that I did - he's been good to work with and I'm certain that our partnership will be fruitful. We decided to write something epic, something that unfolds on multiple levels, because we push to challenge ourselves always. We both sincerely hope that you enjoy this fanfiction. If you want to be on our PM list for notification of updates, please just say so! And without further ado, let us begin!

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/The_Saga/b10476/20191928/?2]Enemy Of The Republic[/link]

Author: SkalenFehl
    Timeframe: Episode III
    Characters: OCs
    Genre: Angst
    Summary: A clone commander receives Order 66 and finds it the most difficult directive to follow in his life.
    Disclaimer: None. LFL should sue the author.
    Notes: I took inspiration from a show I saw as a kid a very long time ago. This is my second submission in this challenge. Hope you like it better than the first.

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/The_Saga/b10476/20874174/p1]RC Chronicles: Alpha Squad[/link]

Author: Many, led by SkalenFehl
    Timeframe: Episode II
    Characters: OCs
    Genre: Action/Adventure
    Summary: Clone commandoes from Alpha Squad land on Geonosis to investigate reports of a superweapon under development there.
    Disclaimer: None. LFL should sue the authors.
    Notes: This month?s GWG Challenge, which has been planned for almost seven months, and its subsequent round robin entries is a cooperative effor

2. Aiden_Sanic

Aiden_Sanic Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2005
    Looks at Story index.....

Wow, your certainly full of yourself aren't you Kudzu? [face_thinking] ;)

But all jokes aside, great idea disscussing Clones. Gotta love those guys:D even after what they did to the jedi. :_|

3. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
    I'm too nice to index anything by anybody else without their permission. :)

4. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Great thread idea! :)

I loved Cody and Oddball in ROTS.

5. SkalenFehl

SkalenFehl Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    Nice thread. I'm a big Clone Trooper fan, including and more specifically Commandos.

I'd be much obliged if you added [link=http://boards.theforce.net/The_Saga/b10476/20191928/?2]Enemy Of the Republic[/link] and [link=http://boards.theforce.net/The_Saga/b10476/20874174/p1]The RC Chronicles: Alpha Squad[/link] to your index.

I'll think of some suitable populare quotes to go with the clone troopers theme.

6. Corran_Fett

Corran_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2005
    Well, joining in here as well, ner vode (hope that spelling is right, even tho I think the ner is changed with vod/e in plural)

It's a nice idea, Kudzu

Kudzu: Could you please add my three fics [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=20947174&start=20955304]Elite[/link], [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=21423497]Bounty[/link] and [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=19219430&replies=0]Havoc Squad: Lock and Load (WIP)[/link] to the story index as well? (if you need those headers - descriptions, summarries, and so on... - PM me ;) )

I will think of some qoutes as well ;)

EDIT: Well, thx for putting my stuff on the list. The disclaimer-thing: I think it should be quite obvious that Lucas owns it all... but tell him, Kudzu, if you want... :p

7. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
    I should hope that people know. If anyone asks, "So did Peter Jackson say you could write this?" on one of my fanfictions, I will eviscerate something.

8. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Jedi Grand Master star 9

Mar 26, 2001
    I find it amusing that for the Order 66 challenge, I wrote one about the guy who missed killing Obi-Wan and I made it about how he made the shot because he had a loyalty that none of the Republic citizens thought he was capable of. So now, I'll talk to someone and hear them go "Every time I see Order 66 at ROTS, I recognize your character!" I liked in the Hand of Thrawn duology, when the clones were emphasized as sentients with actual emotional capabilities.

9. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
    *kicks thread to top*

10. Antilles2001

Antilles2001 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 20, 2001
    Good Guys Don't Wear White. Badasses do.

11. Killik_Twilight

Killik_Twilight Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2005
    You can add my two stories with clones in.

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/The_Saga/b10476/20144855/?12]Twilight Rising[/link], and [link=http://boards.theforce.net/The_Saga/b10476/19309202/?0]Why did you betray me?[/link]

KT

12. Fist_of_Mandalore

Fist_of_Mandalore Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2005
    I'd enjoy it if you added in What Price Glory as well.

EDIT: Heres the link for anyone to lazy to look in my sig ;) [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=21556716]What Price Glory?[/link]

13. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
    It has been done, my lords.

14. correllian_ale

correllian_ale Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    C'mon Kudzu, don't play coy with us. We know you love yourself! ;)

I like this first topic, and I'm going to qoute a song I was listening to when Clone Commando Darman was trying to convince Jedi Etain that he was only ten years old in Hard Contact.

Darkness *1
    Imprisoning me
    All that I see
    Absolute horror
    I can not live *2
    I can not die
    Trapped in myself
    Body my holding cell

-Metallica, One

I think that the first four lines(*1) describes the life that the clones were created for, imprisoned by their own birth. The evils of War, living a life others would see as dark, and horrifying

While the last four lines (*2) describes how the fit into society. In the Medstar doulogy, clones were shown to be an interchangable set of parts. KIA clones, with still healthy bodyparts, have been ransacked for parts their. The fact "you've seen one clone, you've seen em ALL", mentality of society towards them.

15. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
    Very interesting...:D

16. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
    C-3UP

17. Antilles2001

Antilles2001 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 20, 2001
    What happened here? Up!

18. Killik_Twilight

Apr 6, 2005
    Whoa? I'd forgotten about this. Yeah, what happened?

I'm waiting for Triple Zero, myself. Anyone else?

KT

19. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
    Well, I updated my list of fanfictions listed there. :)

20. Exeter

Exeter Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    Oh, I accidentally came into the official Kudzu fanfic listing...I was looking for the Clone Trooper workshop :p

It amazes me how much you've written on clones. You're a machine...dedicated to your craft...

You're a clone, aren't you? It all becomes clear. :cool:

If you don't mind, I may come here for assistance once the clones begin making their appearances in The Golden Siege.

21. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
    *slams fist down on table* UNACCEPTABLE!

:p You're always welcome here :)

22. Exeter

Exeter Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    [face_laugh] Will do, then.

Of course, I still have to figure out how to revive Rubh-Saavo after Antilles assassinated him without mercy :p

23. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
    Yes, you should probably find a good way to retcon that accident [face_laugh]

It's here! The first challenge is here!

[b][color=crimson]NEW[/color] [color=darkblue]CHALLENGE #1[/b][/color] - Describe one of the following battles from the eyes of a clone OC of any flavor you desire (that makes sense, anyway; i.e. there wouldn't be ARC troopers at the Battle of Geonosis, clone commandos at the Battle of Coruscant, or Null-ARCs at the Battle of Kashyyyk): the Battle of Geonosis, the Battle of Krant, the Battle of Thule, the Battle of Muunilist, the Battle of Mon Calamari, the First Battle of Kamino, the Second Battle of Kamino, the Battle of Coruscant, the Battle of Utapau, or the Battle of Kashyyyk. Use at least 1,500 words, please. First-person and third-person perspectives are both permissable. And last but not least, have fun!

[b][color=darkblue]YOUR DEADLINE[/color][/b] - 1/31/2006

[b][color=darkblue]YOUR RESPONSE THREAD[/color][/b] - [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=22628486&brd=10476]Here![/link]

Clear enough?

Give it your best shot, clone-lubbers! [face_grin]
    >

24. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
    Anyone want to take on the challenge?

25. Killik_Twilight

Apr 6, 2005
    I do. I have a bunch of other stuff on my plate atm, but you've given a generous deadline so it shouldn't be a problem. :)

KT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.