main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Good Morning, Charlie: The Charlie's Angels Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ahsoka's Tano, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I didn't see one for this; and I figured I might as well create it so the Terminator thread doesn't go too far off on a tangent. Here's a recent article referring to the upcoming film's release in the Fall of 2019.

https://deadline.com/2018/10/charli...art-elizabeth-banks-sony-pictures-1202487652/

Since the two original films starring Cameron Diaz, Drew Barrymore, and Lucy Liu, the Townsend Agency has grown considerably and gone global, providing security and intelligence services to a variety of private clients with offices and highly trained teams worldwide. This film focuses on one of those teams.

Interesting synapsis. I wonder if there's any chance of the American actresses making some sort of cameo in the new movie.

DANNASUK likes this.
  2. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Charlie is slang for cocaine, so I was oddly confused with the title.

But, yes, I actually recall what this show when I was a wee kiddy - so I'm happy to see this thread created.

Felicia and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  3. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    How did you feel about the two movies?

DANNASUK likes this.
  4. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I saw the 2000 film and hated it.

But, I love the 70s show like a deceased pet whose grave I enjoy visiting.

heels1785 likes this.
  5. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    I admired their decision not to use guns , will that continue in the new movie ?

Jedi Merkurian and Felicia like this.
  6. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    The sequel featured a cameo of one of the original Angels, didn't it?

7. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Watching the new movie this week - exciting!! [face_dancing]

Felicia likes this.
  8. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    The new movie is entertaining but not anything to wrote home about. And it didn't do so well at the box-office. Is this the end of the Angels? [face_nail_biting]

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
  9. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I'm sure in 10 years someone will make a streaming service TV show or something. I'll probably check this out when it hits cable/streaming, though.

10. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    I think it's a lot better than people assumed. But I can't blame anyone who'd prefer to watch this later at home. Maybe they'll even throw in deleted scenes.

11. robert martins

robert martins Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2018
    Banks blames men for this movie bombing at the box office. She said this movie was made targeting women and girls as it audience. But Men are to blame for it bombing, not Women,who did not go see this, who were the target audience.[face_laugh]

Jordan1Kenobi likes this.
  12. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    The movie looked like crap. Another reboot trying to cash in on nostalgia and failing.

Also did trump hijack @robert martins account? No wonder you want to get on your knees daily for that goofball.

13. robert martins

Oct 9, 2018
    Thank you for your comments Mr.Schiff:D

14. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Btw I legit didn’t even know about this movie existing until 4 days before it’s release. I soak up tons of media exposure and online nerdery.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
    CT-867-5309 likes this.
  15. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    I knew about it since KS was cast and it looked like she was gonna be hot in it, and she is. But it has been a while since she was in a big-budget movie and I for one would love to see her stick with more arthouse movies, she's very talented and shouldn't be doing the mass appeal things so much

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  16. Felicia

Felicia Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012
    I enjoyed this movie a lot. It was a reboot but it did not diminish anything that came before it. It adds to it like a legacy. It builds upon a story and I understood the motivations of Bosley and why he did what he did.
    I liked seeing Patrick Stewart in this role. He was sweet funny and cheeky. Well done sir. Well done.

Princess_Tina likes this.
  17. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Another incident in which you try to insult someone and unintentionally pay a compliment? I can’t speak for @vin but I would love to be compared to Adam Schiff.

On the movie, I’ll be one of those “men” (lol) who ruins it by not going to see it, but I find that when the narrative is that a movie is “targeted at women and girls” , there is some sexism involved in what women and girls like. These are often the same people who think that only boys like Star Wars.

I vaguely remember the original TV show from the 70s and it was pretty bad, but remaking it isn’t going to make it better.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  18. jedi-soon

jedi-soon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 27, 2001
    I grew up on the 70s show. The Angels were part of my coming of age. I specifically had a mad crush on Jaclyn Smith. I may return to the original show one of these days, but none of the reboots have interested me.

19. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    While he did make one salient point, the overall thrust was overshadowed by his usual schtick, which at this point has gotten old, tiresome, and quite predictable. He needs to come up with some new material.

I rate this post 1.5/5 mics.

dp4m and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  20. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    I think the word of mouth amongst people who have seen it is not bad at all, but the trailers were, imo, kind of weak. It might end up being one of those films that flops at the box-office but gains fans later on, much like Dredd has done. Not much comfort to the makers at the moment, but there is a certain cachet to having made a film everyone considers underrated.

21. robert martins

Oct 9, 2018
    I will also add another statement she said that offended me. Men will not support an action film with a female lead. I guess she forgot about the Hunger games movies, Alien movies, Tomb Raider, WonderWoman, Cpt. Marvel, and so on. When someone mentioned cpt.marvel and wonderwoman, she said they were only supported because they are part of overall movie story-arcs of other movies headlined by men. She may have a point with cpt marvel, But Wonderwoman succeeded on it's own. The DCU movie franchise would more likely hurt movies being associated with it not help it. It only proves how good of a movie Wonderwoman was.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
  22. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I saw a post about Banks' comments on Facebook recently. I don't know much about the new CA movie, but if it's anything like the Drew Barrymore ones from the early 2000s, you can't tell me they're not as much geared towards MEN as they are geared towards women. Jeez. Captain Marvel and even Wonder Woman never wore tight, sexy clothes when they beat up the bad guys.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  23. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Wonder Woman never wore tight, sexy clothes when they beat up the bad guys.

A revealing mini-skirt and bustier aren't "sexy" enough any more? [face_thinking]

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  24. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    The T&A factor in Charlie's Angels is inherently baked into the concept and the trailer for this movie repeatedly had a closeup of Kristen Stewart literally whipping her own buttocks with a horsewhip so they certainly are sticking with selling it on sex appeal.

25. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    I still wonder if that was a body double... [face_thinking]