main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Good or lucky things that happened at work today...

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ValedaKor, Aug 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    What is Eid? (I love learning about different religions & cultures, but I've never heard of this one. Please tell.)

2. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003

but you don't love google? or Wiki? You do know DH isn't Muslim right?

3. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    All praise to Allah! Love you CBM! Google is a wonderful tool, isn't it?

4. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    I know DH is not Muslim.
    I use Google almost daily. In fact, you could look at my post about Boxing Day.

I just thought DH's coworker might have given a little info & thought that would be interesting.

5. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    That's not how it works in the city. You bring in food, tell people the reason (preferably one word. Promotion, birthday, etc.) then leave people alone to eat.

6. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    We got a very detailed handout but I'm too lazy to summarize it.

Today, I brought back a Hollenbeck burrito to share with Mr. DH. I also brought one for a friend of mine. The downside is I had to endure a very boring meeting (with JR and others) before getting the burrito. Oy! Whoops! Uh, Praise be to Allah!

7. JediNoc

JediNoc Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 9, 2005
    WGBH, our sister station in Boston, sent over the show "Special Effects: Anything Can Happen" from 1996. It contains Star Wars, Star Wars and more Star Wars. Oh, and maybe some other movies. ;)

Then:

The USPS brought me the Star Wars First Day of Issue silk cachet envelope. Our account manager there said he got just one again and thought of me. SWEET!

8. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Today, I took the rest of the day off because it's not worth going back to the office for a couple of hours so I'm going to run some errands (since I didn't get to finish because of Monty) and maybe get my hair cut.

9. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    So in that case it would be 'good or lucky things that happened away from work today...'

10. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    Might have something good or lucky today. I'm interviewing to go to DCA to open the new ride over there, just like I did Nemo. Not sure if I'm going yet but it is a possibility. I'm also still looking for a better job but this will do for now.

11. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    Microsoft sent me a 1:43 scale replica of a 1998 Corvette C5 convertible as part of their "Test Drive Windows Vista" campaign. I still think Vista is a lame-ass operating system, but the toy car is cool. :)

12. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Good luck APL but we don't go to DCA as often as we go to Disneyland but I suppose we can cross the promanade to see you, plus we usually stay at the Grand Californian which is right there any way. Which ride is it?

13. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I totally forgot about the Yoda stamps today! I've been so busy, but I got out of work a bit early and I could've hit the post office. I'm sure they won't run out of them.

I bought a new computer for my Mom, JJ, and it has Vista. In fact it cost more to put XP in it. I figure Vista is the way of the future, so I had to get it. All IT people I know dislike it immensely.

14. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Well, it's not at work (but other people have posted non-work 'luck' here). It's also good news/bad news. (The good news for me, the bad for someone else.)

The bad news is that one of my neighbors was evicted for staying three months past giving 30 days notice (She thought she was going to move in with a friend, but that fell through.) and nonpayment of rent. It is almost always sad when somebody's life falls apart like that. I hope this is a blessing in disguise for her and an opportunity for a fresh start.

But, the good news is, the management company decided to replace her slightly used frost free refrigerator with a brand new one (so they can charge the new tenant $300/mo. more than they were charging her) and my apartment manager gave me her old one, which I've been bugging building management for for about a year (a frost free one, not my neighbor's).

I hope she's OK, though.

15. Jundland_Jay

Feb 18, 2003
    Congrats on your new fridge, VK! May it keep your lettuce crispy and your tomatoes cold.

16. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Today Rene brought Marie Callendar's chocolate creme pie to work. Rene shares. (I'm so full!)

17. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Today at work I got a surprise extra check for $300. It was a service reward given to me from another department for work I did beyond the call of duty for them. It was nice and unexpected. It will be put in the fun money pile. I'll probably use it for costuming things.

18. Jundland_Jay

Feb 18, 2003
    Way to go SR!!! =D=

19. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
  20. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Today was extra good for me as I got a package I have been waiting on now since May! Which means I really can get going on the costume thing because this package is related.

21. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I wish I was SR today, two good things in one day.

22. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    An extra $300 check definitely tops Pie, free lunch, celeb sightings & most things we've all posted on this thread.

You go, SR!

23. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Today we are having a 501st event here at Sony. This time it is for the ICANN organization and they are going to honor Vint Cerf. I think he had something to do with the internet. Anyway for every character that comes the organization will donate money to Ability First which is a charity group for children and adults with disabilities.

I wish I could take a photo of the event right now as they are setting up outside my window. It is like 80's space themed. Lots of neon poles that look like lightsabers. It's pretty far out.

24. JediNoc

JediNoc Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 9, 2005
    NICE, SR! I really have to get my TB costume done...

Tonight we screened "The Kite Runner" as part of of our Cinema Series. Because we were at full capacity, I had to make the sacrifice and watch the movie from the greenroom above the main theatre. Wow, it was like having my own private big-screen showing! Great movie and wonderful Q&A with the actors afterwards. (Haven't read the book yet so don't know how it compares.)

25. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    We finally have our office mostly setup in Burbank, we have two offices actually, one is an editing room and one is the command center, so to speak, for the production company's operations. David and I will do most of our work there and on set / location. We got the Internet all hooked up today, which to me is when it starts to feel like a real office! Haha, no Internet and it's like what am I doing here?!

We still have to mount the 40" Samsung HDTV to the wall tomorrow, but it's all ready to go besides that part. I have a laser printer on order, too, we all have printers at home but nobody wants to bring theirs to the office so the company has to pay for a new one, haha. It's exciting, though! We're in business. Now we just need clients.

I'd love a $300 check right now, lol. We're doing a great job at spending money, we need to do the opposite now. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.