main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Good to be here!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Diersil, Jun 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diersil

Diersil Jedi Youngling

Jun 25, 2019
    Thanks for being here!
    I saw Star Wars in the theaters when I was 9 and it was so magical. I think I was a nuisance to my poor teenage cousin, but seeing that on the big screen was so cool from the first frames of the star ship coming into view, and then being dwarfed by the planet below.

I've enjoyed the original movies (understatement!), and got excited by the pre-quels. They had some nice moments, I think my favorite was the saber scene with Qui-Gon and Maul. And now, I'm excited to see how the 3rd Star Wars movie wraps everything up with the current series. So many loose ends to think about and ponder.

Looking forward to getting my sweet tarts, soda, getting a seat in the middle of the theater and seeing what happens next.

2. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Same age as me! 1977, too? If so, @Adalia-Durron or @Sarge will issue you your walker and ear horn.

Let me know if we can guide you to any places or ideals on here. What do you like to do?

Jedi Knight Fett and Diersil like this.
  3. Fifi Kenobi

Fifi Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2019
    and I was 16 - and agreed it was freaking magical and changed my life! Welcome my friend.

4. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Careful, you're not far behind.o_O

Welcome @Diersil !!! An original fan? Nice. It has had a profound affect on my life for sure, so I get that. I love it all, good and bad, just like kids, you love them good and bad! Like @DarthIshyZ said, you need help getting around this place, just ask. We're all happy to help. ;)

5. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Welcome aboard. And for the record I am old enough to have great memries of waiting in line for ANH in 1977.

6. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Welcome! I'm fairly new here myself, but so far I've found everyone very welcoming and helpful in making me comfortable navigating these boards and contributing to discussions, so I'm sure you'll have a similar experience in that regard.

You're definitely in good company here if you loved the Originals, and I think the Qui-Gon/Maul duel you mentioned is popular with a lot of people too.

Like you, I'm also very excited to see what Rise of Skywalker has in store for us, but I'm finding this place to be a great place to wait and talk about theories and predictions with fellow fans. I think you'll come to feel the same way.:)

7. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Yay! Another original fan!

Welcome to the community. :) Please let me know if I can help you find anything.

Jedi Knight Fett and Diersil like this.
  8. Diersil

Diersil Jedi Youngling

Jun 25, 2019
    Thank you so much for the warm welcome! You guys are awesome! Now, where do I get my ear horn and walker?:D

There's more than one of us blown away in 1977! :cool:

I was just remembering subscribing to Bantha Tracks, it was a little magazine that I got in the mail back in the 80's I think. They went over the different parts of making Star Wars. I was so excited to get every one and sat down on my bed and read every word. :p

Thanks again, and I am looking forward to exploring the site!

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  9. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    Diersil and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  10. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Welcome to the boards!

Diersil likes this.
  11. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    I'll tag ya.

Diersil likes this.
  12. Kyber Acyk

Kyber Acyk Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2017
    Hello there @Diersil and welcome to the forums :)

Diersil likes this.
  13. Diersil

Diersil Jedi Youngling

Jun 25, 2019
    Thank you so much Kyber! It's been so much fun exploring the site.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  14. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Welcome to the forums @Diersil

I was technically there in the theater to see ANH in '77 when it was first released; my parents were there to see it and my mother was several months pregnant with me :)

Diersil likes this.
  15. Diersil

Diersil Jedi Youngling

Jun 25, 2019
    I love it! My parents put me in front of the TV in diapers for the Moon Walk. Thank you for the welcome. [:D]

16. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    My family was on vacation when the Moon Walk happened - we watched it on a TV with really crappy reception in Fort Lauderdale Airport while waiting for our flight home.

Diersil likes this.
  17. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    The Moon Walk happened well before I was born; in fact it happened before my parents even met. My dad said he actually drove down to Florida to see the liftoff of Apollo 11; but a severe storm had swept through the South East and he was forced to watch the launch at a motel.

Diersil likes this.
  18. Diersil

Diersil Jedi Youngling

Jun 25, 2019
    Even though it was crappy reception, that is so cool that you got to see it! I feel like I have a little bit of a memory, but I'm not sure if that's possible at that age.

@Ahsoka's Tano
    That would have been something to actually be there! Darned weather.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.