main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Got a question? Ask it here!

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by DarthBoba, Oct 23, 2012.

1. MrFantastic74

MrFantastic74 Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 4, 2010
    I think Hayden and Jones' pronounciations are very different, actually. For example:

- "POWAH!" (Jones) vs "POWER" (Hayden). The same can be said for most most ending in "R". "You are PAHT or the Rebel Alliance and a TRAITAH".

-Jones pronounces words with a soft "l", and Hayden uses a hard "l". Picture Vader saying "...he is most displeased with your apparent lack of progress", now picture Hayden saying the same phrase.

2. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I fell asleep as the Falcon was being drawn into the Death Star and woke up during the attack briefing on Yavin. I didn't even realize it until a few minutes later, saying to myself "I slept through the whole Death Star sequence."
    If you fall asleep while watching a STAR WARS movie, do you rewind (I know it's a DVD, but the word fits) and resume, or do you just continue on. I almost feel like I've seen it so many times I don't even know notice when my eyes start to shut and I drift away or realize I missed it when I wake back up.

3. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    I've never fall asleep, but I totally let them play in the background.

4. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    "Terminate her! Immediately!"
    How would Leia's execution have been done?

5. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Blaster to the head, I'd say.

6. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    In the book he's left exactly how, in Vader's hands:

Tarkin smiled a death's head smile, his face a parchment skull's.
    "It will be interesting to see what manner of passing Lord Vader has in mind for you. I am certain it will be worthy of you- and of him.
    "But before you leave us, we must demonstrate the power of this station once and for all, in a conclusive fashion. In a way, you have determined the choice of subject for this demonstration. Since you have proven reluctant to supply us with the location of the rebel stronghold, I have deemed it appropriate to select as an alternate subject your home planet of Alderaan."

Emperor Ferus likes this.
  7. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    Are there any DVD versions of the '97 Special Edition, or are they all either the originals or the lame Haydenkin version?

8. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Yeah, the 97 SE is VHS-only I believe.

9. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    I recall seeing a laserdisc or VCD version of the 1997 SE's floating around, but it probably had embedded Chinese subtitles.

10. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    You could make one with a VHS to DVD converter, although it'd probably look pretty bad-VHS is extremely low-resolution even compared to regular DVDs.

I'm mostly waiting for the 4K version myself-that is almost exactly the digital equivalent to 35mm. In terms of image sharpness and resolution, the last time large audiences actually saw the OT in any form was the SE theatrical release, and it'll be spectacular to get in the home.

11. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    is there a thread about the Dutch documentary on ESB ?

12. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
  13. KilroyMcFadden

KilroyMcFadden Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    lol. maybe you should create one.

14. KilroyMcFadden

Oct 31, 2012
    Does Rebel Force Radio have a thread somewhere around here?

15. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    What's that?

16. KilroyMcFadden

Oct 31, 2012
    A podcast with some pretty good insider SW info. They sound a lot like the old podcast put out by TFN.n It might feature the sames hosts.

17. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Don't think so, although you might try starting a thread in Star Wars Community-that's more for general SW discussion, which this sounds like.

18. KilroyMcFadden

Oct 31, 2012
    They don't have a questions thread, and this didn't feel like a "start a whole new thread" kind of situation, but I hear what you're saying. No non OT questions here. Got it.

19. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    No, no, random questions is fine :p just saying start a thread there about the podcast.

KilroyMcFadden likes this.
  20. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Let's see... random OT questions, huh? OK, what are the daily caloric intake needs of an adult wampa? :p

21. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    I'd say around 4,000, given that they live in a cold environment and look somewhat larger than normal humans. :p

eht13 likes this.
  22. DarthApprentice

DarthApprentice Jedi Knight star 1

May 17, 2011
    http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk/movies-severely-spoiled-were-released-203358473.html

"Star Wars" -- Darth Vader Actor Spilled the Beans
    Lucky for Abrams, this happened way before he took over the "Star Wars" franchise. David Prowse, who played Vader (the voice was dubbed by James Earl Jones), revealed in press interviews two whole years before "The Empire Strikes Back" came out that his character is, shockingly, Luke Skywalker's father. He told a fanzine, "In the next film, there is going to be a confrontation between Luke and Darth Vader and they then discover that Darth Vader never killed his father, that Darth Vader IS his father. So son can't kill father, and father can't kill son — so Darth Vader lives into the next sequel."

I just saw this in a Yahoo article and thought this was not correct. I'm pretty sure in some interview it was GL himself that said he didn't let any of the actors know Vader was Luke's father until he told Hamill minutes before that scene was shot... Is this report wrong?

23. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Yeah, it is. Hamill was told offstage barely minutes before the scene happened what Darth was going to say. Prowse never knew, and the scripts are even different.

24. DarthApprentice

DarthApprentice Jedi Knight star 1

May 17, 2011
    Thank you. That's what I thought I saw. Appreciate the quick response too.

25. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Not a problem. :)