main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Got a question? Ask it here!

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by DarthBoba, Oct 23, 2012.

1. The Senate

The Senate Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 12, 2020
    I sure would’ve

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  2. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    So how do we square that with the idea (which I guess was established later) that hyperspace trips often take weeks?

Also, how many planets can Tarkin really blow up before this starts to incite mass revolt against the Empire? And what if the rebel leaders in question are from Core worlds like Corellia or Coruscant? Going on a mass-murdering superlaser rampage doesn't make sense for Tarkin, so if anything I think the smart move for the rebels is to stay hidden.

3. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    They might take weeks, but that's for slow cargo haulers, not warships, and the Death Star is a warship.

Princess_Tina likes this.
  4. BlackRanger

BlackRanger Jedi Master star 4

Apr 14, 2018
    The other question is: how long would it take for the Death Star to extrapolate the Falcon's hyperspace path and make course corrections for their own hyperspace jump? It might take days for both ships to reach their destination, but only a few hours' difference between their arrivals.

Iron_lord likes this.
  5. MisterJedi2002

MisterJedi2002 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 17, 2017
    Guys, I'm going to read the book From a Certain Point of View, is that book Canon or is it a fanfic?

Iron_lord likes this.
  6. The Senate

Feb 12, 2020
    It’s a collection of canon stories from the perspective of background characters in a new hope.There is one story I can think of though that is more of a joke that is titled “whills”

Iron_lord likes this.
  7. BlackRanger

Apr 14, 2018
    Surely whether the stories are good is a more important question than 'are they "canon"'?

Iron_lord likes this.
  8. The Senate

Feb 12, 2020
    How does Darth Maul poop? Like seriously?

9. BlackRanger

Apr 14, 2018
    Before or after the bisection? ;)

In the latter case, I imagine he probably has a colostomy bag somewhere that has to be changed at regular intervals. Like real-life survivors of injuries that leave them with intestines unable to function normally.

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  10. The Senate

Feb 12, 2020
    Now that I think about it I’ve never seen Maul even eat.I know he had tea once but that was about it.

Alpha-Red, DarthIshyZ and BlackRanger like this.
  11. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Why would you need a guy up there with a handheld scanner though? Why not just a radar antennae at the top of the mast? Not only does the guard have to suffer from boredom and fatigue, but he wouldn't even be able to aim that scanner as well as a machine or droid could.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2020
    DarthIshyZ likes this.
  12. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    It's a make-work job, of course!
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Make-work_job#:~:text=A make-work job is,the job costs to support.

Alpha-Red likes this.
  13. MatthewZ

MatthewZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 21, 2003
    Are Taun-Tauns indigenous to Hoth? If so, how can they not be able to survive the cold?

BlackRanger likes this.
  14. BlackRanger

Apr 14, 2018
    It'd be fun if the Rebels brought Tauntauns to Hoth from some other, less extremely inhospitable iceplanet.

15. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Even if they were indigenous to Hoth, there could be warmer zones and were transported or they could have instincts to go into a cave when it's evening.

DarthBoba and Iron_lord like this.
  16. DARTHLINK

DARTHLINK Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    Even polar bears seek warmth at night.

Han was basically making his Tauntaun go on a forced run across the landscape with zero break.The poor thing more or less died of both the cold and exhaustion.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
    Alpha-Red, The Senate and DarthIshyZ like this.
  17. MatthewZ

MatthewZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 21, 2003
    They did say it would die before the first marker. Not sure how far that is, but made it sound like the they couldn't handle the cold well at all.

BlackRanger likes this.
  18. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    A question that has been on my mind for as long as I can remember: At the end of TESB, it appears that Lando is taking the falcon to go find Han, however I think ROTJ takes place about three years later. My question is why did it take them so friggin long to rescue Han if they knew where he was all along?

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  19. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    You want to read Shadows of the Empire in its various forms (novel, comic) as it tells the story of what happened between the two films. It's Legends now but still a good read. There was also a video game but I haven't played that..

Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
    DarthIshyZ likes this.
  20. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The movie was made 3 years later, but, at least in-universe, the timeframe is much shorter - less than a year.

Shadows of the Empire is good, but prior to it, the Marvel SW Comics published in between TESB and ROTJ also had an interesting take on events. Some of these events later got referenced in other Legends media.

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  21. JABoomer

JABoomer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2009
    Why did this forum change from the Original Trilogy to the Classic Trilogy?

BlackRanger likes this.
  22. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Does the choice of words matter? As to your direct question, I dont remember that change happening so I need to do research. @anakinfansince1983 @cubman987 @LAJ_FETT

23. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
  24. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Me either. I assume it was the choice of the moderating team at the time.

25. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    It's the Classic trilogy special edition.

DarthIshyZ likes this.