main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Got a question? Ask it here

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Kabers, Nov 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I think TCW has had a few scenes of transmissions in hyperspace.

Emperor Ferus likes this.
  2. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Asuming Hyperspace = speed of light, there would be real world physics issues. But as we have seen time and time again, RL Physics often dont apply to the SWU.

Sith Lord 2015 likes this.
  3. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    I think Hyperspace is the Star Wars equivalent of Star Trek's Subspace - a dimension where faster-than-light travel, and communications, function.

Emperor Ferus and BlackRanger like this.
  4. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Is there a thread that compiles everything we know about George Lucas's original plans for the sequel trilogy? And I mean everything, from interviews from the previous century to anything he said in this one? I'm very interested in all this.

Better yet, is there a thread where unused ideas, unused concept art, lore, etc. is compiled? The stuff that didn't make into the OT, prequels, TCW, etc.?

5. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I happen to be currently working on something like this. I might make a thread or a web page. I'm doing it because most compilations I find happen to have a lot of speculation, opinions and ambiguous content mixed in.

InterestingLurker likes this.
  6. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Hello again, Alexrd! Glad to see you again! Enjoy the new comics with Qui-Gon?

Anyway, yes, I agree. We need a thread or webpage that compiles the "Lucasverse" as I call it and the unused concepts and meta-lore for the Lucasverse. The Whills, the OT novels with extra lore, his influences, and so on and so forth. There is a lot that could be done with a thread like that.

Alexrd likes this.
  7. ScorpioGirl

ScorpioGirl Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    I have another question: have Chewie, C-3PO (after his mind was wiped), and R2D2 met Emperor Palpatine? Or have they seen holos of him?

8. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    I dont recall that hapening. Maybe in a EU book.

9. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    Artoo met Palpatine on the invisible hand. Palps thought Artoo was very strange judging by his face during the crash landing :p

10. ScorpioGirl

ScorpioGirl Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    Also, what happened to Chewie's family? Does he still have one? I know they were referenced in Empire's End, which confuses me, since he's apparently Maz's "boyfriend".

11. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    TLJ's the longest Star Wars movie. What's the second-longest?

(No reason, just became curious suddenly)

12. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    https://mashable.com/2017/11/28/last-jedi-runtime/

Vthuil likes this.
  13. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    Found this pic from Legends on Wookieepedia:

[​IMG]

So yeah, R2 did at least meet a clone of the Emperor.

14. King Maul

King Maul Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 20, 2016
    This is a rather big question that would probably require some discussion .

What would happen if balance in the force is never acheived ? What if Anakin and other chosen ones all fail their missions and the force continues in unbalance ?

Will the force eventually sort things out or will everything go to H*** ?

15. Jolee Bindo

Jolee Bindo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2016
    What's the consensus on whether Jango is a genuine Mandalorian? Do we believe Almec, or was that just hand-waving from a politician trying to maintain the image of his radical pacifist government, sweeping a Separatist-aligned renegade old-school warrior under the rug? I'm inclined to believe the latter (because it makes sense for Almec, who's fighting the traditional warrior-code Death Watch insurgency, to not want to acknowledge Jango - and also because it just seems cooler to me if he's Mandalorian). I may not be up to date with all the evidence though.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
  16. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    The sole reason for why Almec said what he did is because Lucas wanted to establish and clear up the fact that Jango was not a Mandalorian, but a bounty hunter who happened to wear Mandalorian armor.

17. Jolee Bindo

Jolee Bindo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2016
    Is there a source for this?

EDIT: So yeah there are some quotes from Filoni and Hidalgo that indicate this. A mild shame. I'd like to know why Lucas was so wedded to that choice.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
  18. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Because to Lucas, the Mandalorians were a militaristic, regimented society of supercommandos from Mandalore. The opposite of Jango/Boba, who are lone guns for hire whose individuality comes through on their customized armor.

The EU, under the assumption that Boba and Jango were Mandalorians, turned them into basically a Boba Fett fan club. That's not how George viewed them and their society.

I'm glad he did it.

19. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Source material would be helpful. I dont doubt the veracity of what you are saying, but source material is always appreciated. Would Wookiepedia have any references?

20. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    The Mandalore featurette of the DVD/Blu-ray release of TCW season 2, for example:

"To George, the Mandalorians above all — dating back to The Empire Strikes Back — are supercommandos. They’re a race of people that were a military. They can’t be so vagabond as they’ve appeared in the EU. They can’t be this group of people that are vastly different in paint job and paint scheme. Because if you do that, they look too much immediately like a bunch of Boba Fetts. It robbed Boba Fett of his uniqueness." - Dave Filoni

Bazinga'd likes this.
  21. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Thing is, Jango's outfit is exactly like that of the regular Deathwatch. So they look like a bunch of Jangos.

And as of Rebels Season 4, the Mandos do have different paint jobs.

22. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I'm aware that they completely ignored George's vision of the Mandalorians once he ceased to be involved with the franchise. But that's not on him.

As for Jango and the Death Watch, no, they don't look the same. The armor is similar, yes, precisely because Jango was wearing Mandalorian armor. But Jango had his own customized version of it, with its own color scheme. Not like the Death Watch who have (or had) a very uniform appearance on purpose.

23. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Jango

[​IMG]

Death Watch

[​IMG]

Both have blue mask markings, and blue undersuits.

Seems fairly unambiguous that Jango almost certainly is wearing ex-Deathwatch armour. Most likely, Jango got the armour of a Deathwatch guy somehow, and painted out the shoulder insignia, before adding a couple of things.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
  24. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    This is TCW concept art of Jango's armor color scheme:

[​IMG]

Quite different from the Death Watch/Mandalorian armor:

[​IMG]

More similar than Boba? Sure. They have blue hues in common. But that's about it. Jango picked Mandalorian armor and customized it, just like Boba eventually did his. They are bounty hunters.

Snafu55 likes this.
  25. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Jango's armour is shinier. That's not a big difference.

I think it's likely that the armour itself used to belong to somebody from the Deathwatch.