main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Got a question? Ask it here

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Kabers, Nov 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    It's different, not just "shinier". And that's just a color reference. Jango has his own custom belt, weapons, holsters, jetpacks, range finder, etc... And Boba has even more customization.

But yes, they wear Mandalorian armor. It's meant to be Mandalorian armor. But they are not Mandalorians and Mandalorians were not meant to be like them. Not just in terms of armor but everything else

2. BlackRanger

BlackRanger Jedi Master star 4

Apr 14, 2018
    I think I've said this before, but I suspect the common root of the clones & Mandalorian armor is down to the original idea for the Clone Wars having the Republic fight against an expansionist, fascist empire (eg, Mandalorians) who practice genetic purity through cloning, like the Nazis in Norman Spinrad's SF novel The Iron Dream. The clones were the "bad guys" in the Clone Wars, or so George Lucas told Leigh Brackett back in 1977.

Sith Lord 2015 likes this.
  3. ScorpioGirl

ScorpioGirl Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    I have a question about the Hosnian pocket nova. Would they be able to collect debris from the remains of the Hosnian System like they did with Alderaan, or was it completely destroyed?

4. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Do you mean meaningful remains, or microscopic/particle remains? The answer also probably depends on us basing it on real physics or Star Wars Universe Physics.

5. ScorpioGirl

Jan 2, 2019
    I meant meaningful remains.

6. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Is there a thread that compiles EVERY unused idea from the ST, PT, OT, TCW, and Underworld.

Basically, every unused idea from Lucas's universe?

7. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    I dont think there is either a consolidated thread (since this would cross over several forums) and while the topic has been discussesd from time to time on different threads, I dont think there has been a dedicated one here. If you are intending to create one PM @anakinfansince1983 @cubman987 and myself first, as we would want more details on how you would structure and update it.

8. Jolee Bindo

Jolee Bindo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2016
    When did in-atmosphere jumps start in canon? Was it Rogue One or were there examples in TCW/Rebels?

9. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    There was at least one in TCW - caused accidentally.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Jedi_Crash

10. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    When will someone start a complete saga ranking thread? Is anyone allowed to do it, or does have to be a mod?

11. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I think that question will probably get the same response as this one. Possibly Star Wars Community but I'd ask one of the forum mods before starting the thread.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
  12. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    We will start one later this weekend. @anakinfansince1983 @cubman987

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Jolee Bindo

Jolee Bindo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2016
    Thanks for the info!

Iron_lord likes this.
  14. King Maul

King Maul Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 20, 2016
    Was the Sith Eternal founded by Sidious ?

15. LedReader

LedReader Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2019
    1) Cassian sends a transmission while in hyperspace in Rogue One
    2) Comlinks appear to function like Walkie-Talkies in all the scenes I can remember off the top of my head.

teamhansolo likes this.
  16. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    I would think it existed long before he came into existence.

King Maul likes this.
  17. cratylus

cratylus Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 9, 2001
    This is my position. The minion-level true believers in the Sith Eternal were the source of secret support to the Dark Lords of the Sith for a thousand years, operating from the secret Sith planet of Exegol. They must either be very loyal or unable to leave the planet or both, since none of them leaked the whereabouts of this important planet or the fact that the Dark Lords of the Sith were alive and well for ten centuries. I'd wager they existed before the Rule of Two, and like so many other dark side warriors and initiates, they weren't in on the full power of the Dark Side. It's possible that occasionally one of them had a promising child who became a Dark Lord. There is a sense in which only the Dark Lords are true Sith, and of course these acolytes are not Sith in that sense of the word.

One thing I like about Exegol and the Sith Eternal is that it gives an explanation of how the Dark Lords of the Sith were able to endure in hiding for so very long without being detected and without going extinct. They had a hidden power base beyond the reach of the Jedi, and outside of the Republic. Prior to the serious imbalance of the force that enabled Darth Sidious to hide in plain sight, this kind of thing would have to have been absolutely necessary.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
    King Maul, Bazinga'd and Iron_lord like this.
  18. ScorpioGirl

Jan 2, 2019
    Was Poe close to Lor San Tekka? He stupidly tried to rescue him and shot Kylo Ren after he killed Tekka. In the novel, apparently Poe screamed in rage when he shot at Kylo. In the comics, they do meet, but it still doesn't seem like they were that close (even less close than Luke and Old Ben were).

19. The Senate

The Senate Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 12, 2020
    They seemed to bond in the Poe Dameron comic but I think it’s most because Poe understood how important he was to Leia and how he needed that map and was willing to do whatever it took to get it.

20. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    When were the prequels announced? The sequel trilogy was announced in 2012, so the equivalent would be if the prequels were announced in 1996.

Tython Awakening likes this.
  21. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    Lucasfilm Fan Club (aka Bantha Tracks, aka Star Wars Insider) issues had mentions of the Prequel Trilogy at least by 1992. Fans in the 1993 letters column were aware that it would be Episodes I, II, and III. They expected the first Prequel film by 1997.

There is a George interview in issue #17 from 1992. In the interview, George responds:
    "I've said that I would try to at least do the next trilogy, which is the first trilogy. Whether or not I would get around to the third trilogy is speculation at this point. I'm not sure I'll live that long! "

Next column in the 1992 George interview:
    "I definitely plan on doing them [the prequels] in the next few years."

From a fan in the letters column in Issue #18 in 1993:
    "You don't know how happy I am to hear that George announced the plans to make chapters I - III. It is like a dream come true."

The CGI in the first Jurassic Park film also cemented Lucas' intentions to bring in new filming techniques into the Prequels. Lucas was waiting for new technology to emerge that he would put into the Prequels just like he did for special effects in the first trilogy.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
    cratylus and Bazinga'd like this.
  22. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I bought a bunch of old Swedish SW comics at a thrift store many years ago, and there was a mention of an upcoming prequel trilogy in one of them. It was from '85 or '86 I believe. They mention the first Ewok movie as "coming to theaters soon" in the same issue. Of course, that could've just been going by the Episode titles in the OT, and not from any particular source.

Bazinga'd likes this.
  23. cratylus

cratylus Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 9, 2001
    They lied about supporting the resistance.

Bazinga'd likes this.
  24. ScorpioGirl

Jan 2, 2019
    I was wondering....if someone's "essence" is in your body in SW (like for example, if Palpatine possessed Rey or Baby Yoda), how would they get rid of that essence without killing the host? The only thing I can think of is the Supernatural route of destroying something that belonged to the spirit.

darklordoftech likes this.
  25. ScorpioGirl

Jan 2, 2019