main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Got a question? Ask it here

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Kabers, Nov 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    My question is what is a quetions, and how can I get one?

:p

Bazinga'd likes this.
  2. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Call 1-800-IDK-ASKS

teamhansolo and PymParticles like this.
  3. DouglasQuaid_JediKnight

DouglasQuaid_JediKnight Jedi Knight

May 14, 2020
    1. I don't think Qui Gon was "such a powerful Jedi". Who said he was? He was an outside the box thinker and more street smart than the average Jedi, but he wasn't anything special skill wise.

2.Why did you not include Palpatine? He's pretty much the most powerful Sith ever, though I would have loved to see Vader take him on. With modern technology, improved effects, etc., I think Vader could give him a run. Palpatine is more of a wizard. He relies on Force powers. Vader's aren't as strong, but he has those abilities too, and is just an absolute beast physically. I can't take Dooku seriously. He's on;ly powerful because he's written that way. I think Maul would mop the floor with him.

3. Why can some people do 100 pushups and others 10? Some people are better at certain things than others.

4. Vader. He was one of the people primarily responsible for bringing about a galaxy-wide dictatorship. Luke never did anything of that magnitude. His Jedi Order appeared to be pretty short-lived and not all that impactful.

5. I remember asking my theology teacher in HS why priests couldn't marry. He basically said they wouldn't be able to dedicate enough time to their job - advisors and active members of their community - and have a family at the same time. Rabbis and other Christian religions manage it ok, but that's what they believed.

6. Anyone can use one, but the Force lets Jedi and Sith use them better because of reflexes, intuition, etc. No normal person could block a bullet (blaster shot in the Star Wars universe's case) with a sword.Because of their reflexes and other supernatural abilities, Jedi and Sith can do things - like blocked blaster shots - that make the lightsaber both an offensive and defensive weapon. It's just world-building mythology logic. You could technically argue that they would be unstoppable if they incorporated blasters into their artillery. Imagine a Jedi with a blaster. They'd never miss, LOL.

7. He's the 2nd most powerful Force user we've ever seen in the movies - the first being Palpatine.
    . It's been a long time since I read those books, but it'd be hard to not be better than those two. The actors had no chemistry and gave bad performances. The characters? She just ignored and enabled him. He has a mass murderer and ignored it because she "loved" him.

4. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    8. I would definitely say Mara and Luke were the much better power couple. We know how powerful Luke is/was and Mara was no slouch in any regard. And, after overcoming all kinds of initial "relationship and personality" issues when they first met, their love and mutual respoect made everything stronger. Love is and has always been a greater power enhancer than hate. One just needs to know how to focus it.

Last edited: May 17, 2020
  5. Saber Stash

Saber Stash Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2020
    1. Since Ahsoka’s shoto lightsaber before TCW Season 7 was a different shade of green than her main saber, could one reasonably assume that shades of other colors are canon?

2. Since Fallen Order is considered canon, does that mean all of the lightsaber colors shown in the game are canon now as well? Obviously we know red, blue, green, yellow, purple, black, and white are canon, but there were a couple of new colors introduced in the game I’m curious about.

teamhansolo likes this.
  6. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    What on earth does a restraining bolt do?

Why do the large creatures in space have massive teeth? What are they eating?

Does Uncle Owen know Obi-Wan is alive or did Obi disappear from Owen's life at the fnd of ROTS?

7. CloneBlooper

CloneBlooper Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 20, 2002
    I’ve just subjected myself to The Clone Wars series on Disney +. Upon completion I found myself pondering the logic behind the decision to give the female Mon Calamari boobs.

So what’s that all about?

Last edited: May 26, 2020
  8. teamhansolo

teamhansolo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    I'm not sure if it's canon or not, but there is a comic in which Obi-Wan and young Luke interact, and Owen of course reacts harshly and makes him go away. So if that's canon, then yeah he knows.

[​IMG]

........i mean why not? Is this a joke? [face_thinking]

Last edited: May 26, 2020
    DannyD likes this.
  9. DannyD

Dec 16, 2017
    Good find! Was that from a Tales comic?

teamhansolo likes this.
  10. teamhansolo

teamhansolo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Honestly I have no idea, I just remember reading it a few years back. Wait a sec, I'll do some more research on it-
    Alright, so It seems it's just in the comic called Star Wars?It is canon, but I'm not too sure what the exact comic it is. Here's a page I found which has more information on it. :) https://screenrant.com/star-wars-obiwan-kenobi-tatooine-exile/

Last edited: May 29, 2020
    DannyD likes this.
  11. DannyD

Dec 16, 2017
    Thanks! Sounds like the best place for it. :) I'm going to track that one down. Looks interesting. Thanks again.

teamhansolo likes this.
  12. CloneBlooper

CloneBlooper Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 20, 2002
    A little bit jokey yeah. I can suspend my disbelief enough to accept that squids can have legs; but mammary glands? Nope, not having it.

13. Jolee Bindo

Jolee Bindo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2016
    Where do the Jedi get their money from?

Historically monks would've got their funding from donors among the faithful, but were the Jedi revered in a religious sense during the Old Republic period? We know the Church of the Force is a thing in new canon but it seems to be a bit of a fringe group, surely not big or wealthy enough to pay the Temple bills.

The other option of course is that the Jedi are funded by the Republic. This seems most likely since they're almost used as a paramilitary force, a secret service, a law enforcement body, and equipped with experimental starfighters. They also seem to just by default slot into the Grand Army of the Republic as its senior officer corps. But that's a very interesting arrangement for a supposed democratic republic. I guess we don't really know anything about secularism in the Star Wars universe.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
  14. Jolee Bindo

Jan 5, 2016
    The conversation between Luke and Owen in ANH where Luke asks if Ben Kenobi might know the droid's owner and Owen says "that wizard's just a crazy old man" would suggest that Obi-Wan is known to be alive by the Lars family.

EDIT: Whoops, sorry for the double post!

teamhansolo and DannyD like this.
  15. DannyD

Dec 16, 2017
    Of course! And Obi-Wan does say "that's your Uncle talking", suggesting they've had dealings with each other beyond, "here, have a baby".

Actually, that's gotten me thinking. Maybe Obi-Wan wanted to get Luke off Tatooine before ANH. He quickly switches from let's stay out of it to let's go to Alderaan. While this plays into the story of "Luke goes on the hero's journey with a mentor" narrative, and it certainly is a crazy old wizard thing to do, we also know Obi-Wan often has other agendas. Maybe he had hoped to go to Alderaan to reunite Luke with Leia and then go to Dagobah.

teamhansolo and christophero30 like this.
  16. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    Wonder if Obi Wan tried to be more involved in Luke's life at some point and was told by Owen to stay away.

afterlight and DannyD like this.
  17. DannyD

Dec 16, 2017
    I'd just edited my post with a similar thought. I reckon Obi-Wan wanted to get Luke off Tatooine before ANH.

afterlight and christophero30 like this.
  18. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    He might have also wanted to start Luke earlier on Jedi lessons since most padawans start as younglings.

afterlight and christophero30 like this.
  19. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    “Listen, you crazy old wizard. I don’t want to see you hanging around the boys’ locker room again! You hear me?”

20. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    The Bank of Naboo. Order 66 was actually a collection action by Palpatine who owned the bank. :cool:

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
    afterlight and Jolee Bindo like this.
  21. Jolee Bindo

Jan 5, 2016
    Reportedly Lucasfilm was extremely particular about every detail in that game, especially where it concerned Jedi lore. So yes, I think it's fair to say that magenta and indigo and orange are now canon lightsaber colours.

afterlight and Bazinga'd like this.
  22. DannyD

Dec 16, 2017
    Everyone talks about credits but the only person I recall seeing paying for anything or handling credits was Han Solo.

Obvisouly he's missed a trick somewhere. No wonder he's always in debt.

Bazinga'd likes this.
  23. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Mon Calamari, although adapted for water, are humanoid and therefore probably have some mammalian heritage. So, boobs.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
    teamhansolo likes this.
  24. DannyD

Dec 16, 2017
    Just to nerd up on this one biologically.

How come they speak under water? No need to answer really because this is just all made up fun.

25. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Sound does travel in a water medium. Humpback whales speak under water for instance, so RL science supports that. Also keep in mind, we are dealing with the SW Universe so certain species have adapted to water.

teamhansolo and Iron_lord like this.